Doctor Strange vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
Who would win? I think that surfer has the cosmic power in his side, but Strange is so powerful and can control so many types of magic, that it would be a great fight. Who would win in your opinion?

Linkalicious
i don't think it'd be a great fight at all.

For one, they are both good friends, for another, Strange is the Sorcerer Supreme.

Dr. Strange couldn't take a decent beating from the Surfer, but Stranges magic would ruin Surfer.

If this is about physical strength...Surfer wins.
If this is about Energy Projection...Strange wins.

I'd like to see Adam Warlock vs. Silver Surfer

eleveninches
Dr strange would be able to use his super magics to destroy surfer

Never
What?!

Maelstrom
Isn't stranges powers related to the earth. If Surfer got first strike and destroyed earth, then Stranges powersource would be gone. Im not saying he has to be on earth(strange) but earth has to exist for him.

norrin radd
strange could beat surfer???
are you people on drugs?

moshtitan
id take surfer, i cant see strange even following his movements since surfers so fast.

muffin man
tough choice but i would have to go with the sorcerer supreme

MatchesMalone
Surfer should win very quickly due to his speed.

picoico
No, not speed or strength. The power cosmic is more than either, and Strange is damn powerful.

I have no idea who would win as I've never seen Surfer go up against Mystical/Magical types (except Thor). I mean, how would Strange react to being pushed into another dimension or having his eye of whatever beign turned into goo? Could Surfer resist Strange's mystical attacks, or be restrained by the crimson bands of whatshisface, or have his mind shutdown like Straneg did to Wanda (sheesh, where'd prof. X go)?

The Defenders comics are no help as they portayed the powers of both quite poorly The newer defenders (vol2, or vol3 - can't remember) were even worse...Hulk was made to look good though.

Makes for an interesting fight, though. One thing is known: when Strange needs help, he often involves the Surfer. And when Surf. needs help, he often goes to Strange.

mr.smiley
ss all the way

Evangel94
Dr. Strange has fought The Surfer and was overpowered by the sheer force of the power cosmic.

I vote Silver Surfer.

Tron
Well, Surfer's not about to destroy Earth, so whether it matters or not is a non-factor (and I don't think most of his magic has a thing to do with Earth, I'll have to look it up though). And picoico, they're the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak.

Mainstream
I'm going with Silver Surfer. big grin

radioboy121
Doctor Strange can teleport him away, but that wouldn't be a fight and Silver Surfer could always come back. Even with Strange's mystics, he could easily be overwhelmed by the sheer intensity of Surfer's powers.

Krissy Von Doom
I don't think Strange's magic is dependent on Earth's existence, I think as long as the mystical beings he calls on are alive (to lend him their power) then he'll still have power.
It really depends on Strange's defences, one hit from Surfer and the Doc is out of it, whereas it'll take a continuous barrage of mystical energy to hurt Norrin... however if Doc is able to bind Surfer with the crimson bands (virtually unbreakable if conjured correctly) then it could be over... not saying Surfer can't break out of it but it'll take him a while and Doc could conjure another set just as quickly.

long pig
Ttt

Genii96
Strange's reflexes and movements are still average human's. Surfer would win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.