Whats the best Drifting game around?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

smokeurbesmoked
i think that Gran Turismo 3 and Need For Speed: Underground are the best when it comes to drifting....GT3 for realistic drifting and NFS: UG for just old fasion hard core drifting....what do u guys think????

LeAtHerRFace
NPS:Underground for PS2

smokeurbesmoked
yea for PS2

Miata_Drift
NFSU is not close to realistic at all, GT3 is not all that real even with "simulation" tires and no TCS or ASM. NFSU is not real because all you have to do is turn with the throttle on and you go into a full sideways slide, let me tell you, that is NOT how drifting works. Drifting works because of weight transfer, you have to break, clutch kick, something to get that weight forward, just turning and throwing the throttle down will give you understeer not oversteer. Furthermore, FWD cars CANNOT drift at all with the throttle. Simply because their driving wheels are also turning, great understeer under any turning under power condition. So the civcs and neons getting sideways is complete BS. GT3 on the other hand is much closer to real, it relies a lot on weight transfer to initiate a real drift. However the physics engine does not work well to create the oversteer effect of opposite lock counter steer. Thats my only gripe with that game. And with NFSU:2 coming out soon I am getting more worried from what I have seen, there are SUV's in the game... SUV's flip when they drift, they do not slide, their center of gravity is just too high.

My opinion for best Drifting game is by far Kaido Battle, just get yourself a mod chip and you are good to go!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.