The Notebook

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lady_Eowyn3
Have you guys heard of that "The Notebook" is being turned into a movie? YAY!!! I'm in the process of reading this book n it is sooo sweet, aww i wanna relationship like Noah and Allie, minus the leaving each other, but it's still really good, do guys think it'll b like the book, it doesn't look much like the book from the preview but i dunno, it better be good!!! eek!

silver_tears
James Marsden and Ryan Gosling spell success for me eek!
They both look great in it, and it's nice to see Rachel McAdams branching out big grin

MezzoBarb
I saw The Notebook in a pre-release screening in Maryland. This is a wonderful story, beautifully told, of young people who meet, fall in love, and are separated by the young woman's parents. We meet them through the words in a notebook that an elderly gentleman (James Garner) reads to a woman friend (Geena Rowlands) in a nursing home. The woman, who has dementia, is enthralled with the story and wants him to keep reading. I won't give any more away, except to say that I left the theater with the last line of "Brigadoon" echoing in my head: When you truly love someone, anything is possible -- even a miracle."

The Notebook is beautifully filmed, with lovely lighting and the use of color to help advance the story-telling. The performances were touching.

I'll give this one a 10.

RonyLeBeau
I have read the book and can't wait to see the movie. reading

I was surprised and glad eek! that someone thought about doing a movie out of 'THE NOTEBOOK.'
smile

lil bitchiness
OMG!! This is going to be a super crying movie! I cant wait for it!

BingaBonga
Me too. I may read the book before I go see the movie, it just depends if I have time. When does it come out? June 30?

lil bitchiness
Damn, i dont know when it will be out here in England sad i cant wait for it though! eek! And yeah deffinitivly, i am going to buy a book and read it...the story seems really great.

BingaBonga
It seems like one of those Classic movies that break your heart. Like Titanic.

lil bitchiness
Absolutely...omg i almost cried when i watched the traler embarrasment

hobbit_lover
oooooo I'm excited! i really wanna see it!!

Lianslo
alright...guys...perhaps this movie wasn't for you, but being a girl, i absolutely loved it. It was a beautiful story, so full of love it could have burst at the seams. I wanted to watch it again once it was over, it was just such an incredible story. smile love

BingaBonga
So it was great?!? eek! I can't wait to see it! I may go see it on Monday.

Lianslo
I liked it a lot, but beware, it'll prolly make you cry!

BingaBonga
Yes, that's what I've heard... but it seems to be a happy cry, is it not?

Lianslo
yes, it a rather bitter sweet ending.

GreenDragon
I just saw it and omg, I was bawling! It was soo good, I definately recommend it.

LilKitty
I will deffinitivly cry, I saw the one minute trailer, and omg i wanted to cry at trailer let alone the movie! cry

Lianslo
I felt like such a jerk...cuz i didn't cry...but i've decided that i only cry when i don't want to...and it was one of those movies where i WANTED to cry!...but i just couldn't!

BingaBonga
I just saw it yesterday, and it was one of the best movies I have seen. I definately recommend it, and though I'm not the easiest to cry in a movie, by the very end, I was wide-eyed and not blinking, but tears were still pouring down my face. It's a classic.

Krabs55
i didnt cry cause my sister was telling me how she had to pee the whole time. haha. But yea very good movie. GO SEE IT !

ElvenQueen
I saw it Saturday and it is now one of my top favorite movies. It was so beautiful and so romantic! I cried my eyes out. And Ryan Gosling was sooooooooo hot! I loved it =)

hezzy_baby
me and my friend seen it yesterday and it was amazing! we loved it so much! it was really sad though so we cried alot lol..i think me and my friends are gonna see it again tomorrow stick out tongue

Lianslo
yeah...i saw it twice embarrasment but its just such a great movie! smile After me and my friends got done seeing it we were in line for the bathroom...and this lady came out, stopped, and said "I wish all of you that kind of love." It made me wanna cry!

forumcrew
as a guy ill admit its a good movie.. its not my first choice of something to see or the most interesting to me but it is good

Lianslo
its nice to hear that guys might actually enjoy this one too! smile

forumcrew
i didnt say they would enjoy it.. they might it depends if they like seeing a good story.. but even if you dont enjoy this type of movie you should still be able to accept that it is a good film and just isnt your cup of tea... i hate it when people see a movie that just isnt their thing so they decide it sucks

Lianslo
^yeah, good point, well said...a movie can be well made, even if its not one of your favorites.

forumcrew
yes exactly and more people need to be able to accept this fact

undomiel
this is the best romantic movie i have ever seen! everyone should go see it!

Vengeance
god no not another chick flick. i can not stand another, now i will be dragged to another pit of a hellish movie. like realy who likes these things there so fake, those things dont happen and if they do well wow the man is prolly bi.

Cinemaddiction
Have you seen it? If so, we're you physically dragged to do so, or are you speaking purely on speculation?

I loathe the "cinematically prejudicial" people on this board.

BTW, there's another "Notebook" thread in progress; http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=292530&highlight=the+notebook

Vengeance
OMG you just didn't defend a chick flich man there all the same stupid crap. and trust me i HAVE been dragged to many chicks movies mostly becuase if i dont i dont get what i want wink . so i have no choice in the matter.

Cinemaddiction
I never said the movie was good or bad, and I won't be able to take sides, because I have no interest in seeing it.

Therefore, not knowing what the movie is about, like many other movies, I reserve my opinion. You should follow suit.

Vengeance
dude i bet 75% percent of that movie will be alot like the others. so no worries if you have seen one chick flick i bet you no what this one will be like. but dont worry i'll prolly get dragged to it so i'll tell you all about it and how it is like all the others.

PanIsMYMan08
ok im sorry but since u havent seen it why are u saying its exactly like the others? in my point of view it wasnt at all like any others. it was a REALLY good movie and i suggests ya'll see it. plus ryan gosling is like SO hot lol. even with the beard!

PanIsMYMan08
suggest** my bad

Bana_Rama1968
OMG! i loved this movie! its now one of my favourite movies

LilKitty
First of all, this is a well known book, but im guessing you wouldnt know anything about that.

Second of all, how can you be a true movie critic if you are not willing to view other genres of movies, very closed minded.

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
I saw the movie and I thought it was adorable, even though you knew who she was going to choose, halfway throught the movie.

Overall good sweet movie!

SnakeEyes
Looks like a chick flick, not gonna see it...........

Vengeance
thank god some one agree's. plus i dont care if i haven't seen it as i said it will most likly be like all the others. plus i have seen alot to dont preach to me about chick flicks. anyway i haven't seen or even heard of the book and thank god. plus its funny that the only ones to say this movie is good are women, case and point the word "CHICK FLICK"

Lianslo
well, at least we know that the two of us can accept it, now all we have to do is share our wealth of knowledge w/ the world wink stick out tongue

poshtotty1987
OMG! every1's saying it was really good and me and my m8 wants 2 go c it but its not on at the local cinema yet.

Bana_Rama1968
I loved this movie so much! I can't believe how much i cried! it really was a beautiful story and The acting was right on! great movie its one of those movies where you could watch it over and over again and still cry! and the ending was sad but kinda sweet also i loved it! 10/10

Lianslo
yeah, the ending was sad...but yet so beautiful!

Scholar
This is my favorite movie of all times, i cant even think of a movie that can compare. And ryan is a very attractive guy!! love

Lianslo
^trudat! and good to see ya here Scholar! big grin

hezzy_baby
Has anyone seen The Notebook? I thought it was amazing! It's really sad though, so be prepared to cry stick out tongue The end is the saddest part I think. I won't say anything else though in case anyone hasn't seen it..What do you guys think?

Stormy Day
Have you ever heard of looking down the page to see if there already a notebook thread?

hezzy_baby
OH MY GOD! eek! I FORGOT THERE WAS ONE! MY BAD! no expression

Stormy Day
loook next time no expression

hezzy_baby
you say that in a lot of threads dont you?

Stormy Day
Not to my knowledge.

hezzy_baby
I've read a few with you saying that stick out tongue

Stormy Day
Oh embarrasment

Its my saying messed

jeffer_wrote
what's wrong about Chick Flick, if I may be so bold to ask?

wel, i am particularly looking forward to seeing this one once it hits our shores. I'll reserve my judgment til then. I am a fan of Nicholas Sparks' books, and I liked the first 2 films they made of his creations. This one, I think, has a great chance of being the best adaptation yet.

James Marsden and Ryan Gosling filling the screen won't be too bad, either....just as Halle Berry in a scanty catsuit (i don't think that qualifies as a catsuit, though...smile ) isn't too bad for guys....case in point!

hezzy_baby
laughing out loud Ah, I see stick out tongue

Stormy Day
smile stick out tongue

theosohott
ya it was great, and a beautiful script. ryan was PERFECT 4 the part of noah...hes soooooooooooo HOTT with 2 t's!i rented the movie and watched it over again as soon as it was finished. then i went and bought it...i think im obsessive! i do think the additional scenes were a bit much though and i feel like a freak cuz i didnt cry...BUT I WANTED TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bboy89271
Being a guy

I must say that this movie was awesome. I found it sad and yes I cried. When youve been in love and somethings happened to it, it can do some damage to a person when the love is lost. Great movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.