"Hannibal of Carthage" discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drifter101
Some months ago i recall there being numerous sites posting articles about a film about the man who kept Rome at bay for years, Hannibal of Carthage, w/ many of those types of films being released, "Alexander" "Troy" "King Arthur" what happened to that one? last time i checked they were considering Vin Diesel as Hannibal, which i believe to be a bad choice, but soon all talk of it disappeared. what do you believe happened to it, if it is to be made who do you think whould be best

Kes
I found this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0382731/

Plot Outline: Vin Diesel stars as the Carthaginian general who rode an elephant across the Alps to attack Rome in the 3rd Century B.C.

Its suppose to come out in 2005 and it's called Hannibal.

Kes
A bit more info here:http://movies.go.com/movies/H/hannibal_2003/index.html

Drifter101
thank you very much for the info

Kes
You're welcome.

Drifter101
i dont see it being that good w/ Vin Diesal

eleveninches
isnt hannibal the cannibal guy???

shake zula
from the silence of the lambs movies, yes. this hannibal is historical.

Drifter101
the one who crossed the elephants on the alps

Max Power
could be cool. I'll wait for the trailer.

Drifter101
should be a good movie the elephant scene should be great, when they finally attack italy

roundisfunny
It would be cool to see Anthony Hopkins playing him, though...just to be funny.

KharmaDog
If Vin Diesel takes some acting classes it could work. Hannibal Barca was a large gruff, tough man, and Vin fits the bill. I just hope that he takes some acting classes before he takes this one on. (but to be quite honest, he was pretty good in Knock around Guys

Agent Elrond
I've heard that there'll be 2 Hannibal movies w/ Vin Diseal and Denzel Washington. Anybody know anything about this? Or am I making this up?

Drifter101
2 movies is too much, they only need one, doubt they'll get Denzel to do it, it will porbably Vin Diseal (who really needs to learn how to really act)

Drifter101
lets hope that either Vin Diseal learns to act for this film or they get someone new

Drifter101
wonder who else could play hannibal?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.