Question

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StinkFist462
in kill bill 1 i think its at the beggining when bill is talking to the bride ... anyways when he says " Kiddo " does he mean her name or like just calling her that as in she still a kid ? sorry if this has been talked about be4

Myth
I think its kind of both. At first we think its a child-like name but it makes even more sense once we know her name. Kind of like "Silly rabbit... Trix are for kids" (Beatrix are for Kiddo).

badkittykitty
very nice myth smile

dave123
if you check the script, it says "Kiddo", capital K, so it refers to her surname

and nice one Myth, never thought of that big grin

StinkFist462
why didnt they bleep that out jus like everything else stick out tongue

Myth
Because it was possible to play it off as a pet name. The bleeping things out is to make you go, "OH! Thats why he called her Kiddo, its her name, not just a pet name." If they bleeped it out, people would be just confused when her name is revealed and they would see the bleeping as pointless since her name didn't really matter storywise.

StinkFist462
ya jus think if u watche KB1 the first time and heard the BEEP ! .... i'd be like WTF ! this movie is cuukuu for cookoo puffs ...

burlyman
laughing out loud

I think Bill's surname is Gunn no expression

sarahvma
Well in the script he calls his daughter B.B. Gunn, but that might just be a cute play on words.

burlyman
yeah thats where i got it from embarrasment

sarahvma
It's possible, but since QT left it out, I doubt it was a vital piece of information. I mean, there was a bit that Nice Guy Eddit says in Reservoir Dogs about a nice black nurse he knows named Bonnie... I think he just has ideas in his head. Who knows - maybe B.B. Gunn will be a character in a nother movie - like Bonnie.

burlyman
maybe it's something general watchers won't realize... and hes left just as "Bill" but analytical people like us, who read the scripts, can discovere, and make up our own minds on... like other Tarantino movie details smile

burlyman
maybe to be told in this anime prequel roll eyes (sarcastic)

sarahvma
Perhaps. I dunno... the anime prequel... I mean, then again, reading the KB script, I had a lot of doubts (the genuis of Tarantino is that he knows what works on-screen even if you don't). What I know I definitely DON'T want is this idea of making half of the Vega Brothers anime.

sarahvma
I wonder if the falling-out between Budd and Bill will be covered? One thing I really wanted to see was the actual scene IN the chapel - for the simple reason that it would have given us some clue as to Budd's area of expertise. Notice when they all approach that he's the only one bothering to hide his gun - so maybe, as I've thought all along, he's the instinct man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.