THX 1138: The George Lucas Director's Cut trailer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dragonx
a trailer of the lucas feature film debut (this is for every1 who hasnt seen the trailer yet or who hasnt seen the movie yet big grin )
just click on the link big grin (you need quiktime 2 view this trailer.

http://www.thx1138movie.com/trailers/1/thx480dd3a.mov

moonwalker741
odd......

Sith Master X
Very odd, I've never seen this film before, but for anyone that has, is it worth watching it at the movies when it comes back out?

SMX
cool

cornponious
This is an excellent film. And I do mean film. This was Lucas' first film, and it was a great start to his career. It's quite different from StarWars. It's very noir.

The question is, where did Lucas get sidetracked?

corn

JKozzy
Ooh, I'm going to want to find a way to see that in the immediate future smile

yerssot
I haven't seen it, but the trailer does strongly remember me of 1984 messed

dragonx
he probably got sidetracked after recieving his first Big paycheck sad

JKozzy
That, and The Giver...

yerssot
well, whatcha know, I was close wink

Darth Venom
WHAT THE (edited) WAS THAT THAT TRAILER IS ODD

dragonx
(Post removed)

kenox
Woah. That was... different.

Sith Master X
It does seem strange, but I think it's worth a try.

SMX
cool

Creechuur
I never like THX-1138. Maybe because it was so cheaply done.

Lucas should remake it! He could add a bunch of CGI shots and put Jar Jar up in there too! That would be RAD!

disclaimer: when I say RAD I mean very very lame.

Darth Venom
here's a good 1
http://www.lathamfilms.com/ep3.html

moonwalker741
wuts the point of that?

cornponious
It always amuses me when I see how many people don't realize that Lucas did anything before Star Wars.

corn

Sith Master X
It's because Lucas has gained so much popularity for SW (mostly), so it drains all the commotion regarding his earlier film, THX.

SMX
cool

Corsie
For those who don`t know, there are references to THX 1138 in a lot of the SW movies.

Sith Master X
Can you be more specific please? What sort of references? Just curious.

SMX
cool

Corsie
In Episode 4 Luke says, "Prisoner transfer from block 1138." In Episode 1 a droid that Jar Jar pushes over near the end has 1138 written on its back. In Episode 2 one of the droids in the arena has 1138 written on its back. And in Episode 5 Rieeken says,"Send Rouges 10 and 11 to station three-eight," on Hoth. By the way, I didn`t find those myself, I got them off of a site called moviemistakes.com

Sith Master X
Thanks for clearing that up. I've been to that website before (moviemistakes) but never came across that. Pretty cool though. Thanks

SMX
cool

Corsie
If you go to moviemistakes just look at the trivia for the SW movies and you`ll see it in there.

yerssot
rumor has it that the 1138 in ROTJ is at the end...

You see Luke (1)
staring at the ghost of Anakin or OB1 (too tired to remember) (1)
Than all the ghosts are shown (3)
Luke joins the party and they're with 8

cornponious
Actually, there is a reference to THX-1138 in some form or another in most films Lucas has made since THX-1138:

American Graffiti: the number-plate of Paul Le Mat's deuce coupe in American Graffiti is THX 138

A New Hope: THX1138 can be seen on a cave wall when C3PO and R2D2 are captured by the Jawas.

A New Hope: The cell where Luke and Han are "transporting" Chewie is number 1138

Empire Strikes Back: General Reeikan (Boa) says, 'Send Rogues Ten and Eleven to sector thirty-eight (11-38)

Star Wars (novel): When Luke re-emerges from the belly of the Falcon in his newly acquired Stormtrooper uniform, the officer asks 'THX-1138' why he's not at his post. In the film this was "TK-421, why aren't you at your post."

Raiders of the Lost Ark: When Indy gets off the Nazi Sub inside the hidden dock, you can hear over the loudspeaker, "ein, ein, drei, oct." (German for one-one-three-eight.)

Raiders of The Lost Ark: When Indy is fighting the bald guy at the airplane, the number on the plane is 1138.

The Phantom Menace: Near the end, when the droid control ship has been de-activated, there is a shot of the back of a battle droid. He is number 1138.

RUMOR: George Lucas phone number was 849(THX)-1138

That's all I've been able to find so far. It is assumed that there is a reference to THX1138 in every star wars film, but that actually might not be true.

Here's a quote from the OFFICIAL site:

Q: I've heard that THX-1138 is in every Star Wars movie, but I can't find it in Return of the Jedi. Is it there?

A: (Steve Sansweet, fan relations): Well, we assumed so. But frankly, we can't find it. And we've asked some of the crew on Jedi, who should know. It might be written small on some model, but as far as an obvious reference, we're stumped. That goes for Episode II too... unless someone is holding back on us for the ultimate Easter egg!

If anyone knows of more, post away.

cornponious

yerssot
bragger stick out tongue

moonwalker741
hey! i remember American Graffiti

Sith Master X
Haven't seen American Graffiti, but I've heard it's pretty good.

SMX
cool

Corsie
What`s American Graffiti? I`ve never heard of it before.

yerssot
It's the one Lucas made right before Star Wars, and they're the reason why the scenes of Luke in Anchorhead never made it to the movie: they reminded everyone too much of American Graffiti ...

oh and the follow up named More American Graffiti made 25cent big grin

Corsie
Did it ever get released on video or DVD?

yerssot
probably messed

Captain REX
You mean 1974? stick out tongue

yerssot
I believe this should help you out for the first few minutes:
http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/1984/

OB1-adobe
His future films as well. C'mon guys, why do you care what kind of films he makes. One of these days you people are going to make me so sick I am going to throw Star Wars in the trash can because everytime I watch it I think of you people and your crap. Allot of your opinions mean sh*t to everyone.

yerssot
then why sign up here in the first place roll eyes (sarcastic)

OB1-adobe
Oh by the way. Fan trailers are gay.

yerssot
stick to the topic please

OB1-adobe
Hey Yerrsot,

I like talking to you guys. I really do, it is just when Star Wars fandom gets out of control it really makes me want to puke. I like discussing things, but I would never attach one my postings with a "LUCAS PLEASE READ: THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE" kind of B.S you know. Or that sucks blah blah... I take the films for what they are, and what they will be. I have my own things to worry about, not what Lucas is doing.

yerssot
good for you, topic is THX1138, not fanboys

OB1-adobe
When was this film made?

yerssot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.