lord of the ring vs. pirates of the caribbean

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ellen
which is good film?

Sauron
both good
lotr better though yes

fini
OH GOD THIS THREAD AGAIN?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why o why

Thorondor
Can't really compare them...they are totally diff genre's

Ellen
are you ok?

Tassie
whoa calm down finia

Cynethryth
blink
again
blink

PoTC has NO chance against lotr - no background, boring music, average actors, unoriginal plot, stupid costumes, endless stereotypism and a horrible end. Just some of the jokes were good. And the monkey after the credits was cute.

Btw, as somebody already said... Legolas on a ship full of dead men... that was already Tolkien's idea roll eyes (sarcastic)

§pearhead
LoTR is a lot better happy

Sauron
Sombody?

Ellen
yeah youre rite i like to cheers Lotr that's good film
but the potc is no chance against lotr youre right smile

Tassie
Mod oh Mod
Where art thou?

shadowy_blue
Excellent answer, Exa. thumb up

Sorry but for some reason, I don't like POTC that much. I just like it because there are pirates, and pirates are always cool, that's all. But compare it to LOTR? Heh...stick out tongue

And..this is the LOTR forum, you'll expect that 95% of the people here will say LOTR is better. Now take this to the POTC forum and they will say POTC is better, take this to HP forum and they will say that HP is better...so on...

Sauron
so if i make a thread in HP
saying 'lotr vs Potc' they will say Harry Potter

wow.....i thought they were cleverer than that

Tassie
laughing

Sauron
we could find out.....

shadowy_blue
Lordy!!! stick out tongue

laughing

You know what I mean! mad stick out tongue

Ellen
Lol youre funny and sorry of this thread *LOTR vs. POTF*

sorry

Sauron
no need to apologise
gave me a chance to post a completely off topic thread in hp which im going to do in some minutes

Ellen
ok confused

Sauron
smile

Tassie
Lol Lordy you realise your last thread in that forum was closed
Another offtopic thread, it was roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ellen
lol tassie roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sauron
it wasnt i was asking for a dementor pic

i just had a rather 'misleading' title

Tassie
laughing LOL, that was hilarious stick out tongue

Ellen
you know your funny

Sauron
smile thread is done smile

tried to stay on topic smile

whoops, looks like i forgot to put hp in there whistle what an honest mistake

Tassie
huh?
You mean Lordy? smile yeah laughing out loud

lol Sauron, better be good like the last stick out tongue

Ellen
what mean's hp?

Cynethryth
harrypotter

Sauron
Hairy People

aka-Lupin

Ellen
youre stupid sauron!

why did you repeat my thread?

Sauron
to find out if harry potter people will say HP

oh btw im not stupid smile im actualy quite bright yes

shadowy_blue
I agree too. yes big grin

*random* stick out tongue

Ellen
lol ohh sorry ok !

Cynethryth
laughing laughing
LOL big grin lovely stick out tongue

Leggy_n_Merry
LOTR is of course brilliant but I think POTC is a really great film, it's really good and its my 2nd fav film big grin BUt obviously I'd choose LOTR big grin Like ya said Sauron smile

nazgūl-lord
POTC is good, i like it!
But LOTR is much much better !

ladygrim
you people are mean making me decide out of my favorte two movies...so i am not going to pick ....there both as good as each other

eezy45
this is a true film
i think POTC is 'gelungen'... what did it mean... ah just well done.

eezy45
but i accept that LOTR is better. The film... not really lots. The book tho.

Sauron
i heard jack sparrows life was based on that of jrr tolkien smile
parties
girls
all the qualifications for you perfect oxford proffesor

Aku
Agreed how can you compare the two? POTC wasnt even an action film is was a comedy coz jonny depp simply made the film. (Not made as in created but made as in it would be the biggest pile of crap if he hadnt been jack sparrow).

As for LOTR there are better films out there. But its nothing like POTC.

Ellen
lol laughing out loud

AngieD
well, I think u can't compare LotR with PotC...
I mean, LotR is so special and so wonderful... that's more than just a movie... (every fan knows what I mean !! )
and PotC is a great movie, and I saw it.. uh... 1000 times, but it's just a movie...

(srry for my Englisch --> SwizZ girlie ) embarrasment smart

I hope u understand it...

eek! smile

Bye AaNgIyeH big grin stick out tongue

forumcrew
exactly.. this thread is pretty pointless mine as well add pretty woman in too compare as well.. POTC was nothing special JD did a great job, LOTR is very good but not the best

Ellen
yeah right hehe roll eyes (sarcastic)

dadoom
If you want a see real good effects in adventure then LOTR is better, but for some fun scenes definitly is Pirates of the caribbean

Max Power
I don't know if you can really compare these two. They are so different. I mean, they're both awesome but LOTR is an epic. Its just huge and so well done.

Pirates is good too but in a summer movie kind of way. Kind of like comparing Seinfeld to Sopranos.

ilvorlandobloom
i love them both, but LOTR more

ragesRemorse
i dont reallu know how you can argue this, i mean pirates of the carribean obviously wins this contest. Serisously, maybe all you delusioned lord of the rings fans will be brought into the light ounce you review the facts of the two films.

Lord of the rings, one of the most grand movie productions of all time, executed brilliantly, loads of near perfect use of special effects technology, great casting of all characters, great dialogue, inspired from one of the best fantastical stories in world literature

pirates of the caribean, very simplistic plot that even a retard could follow while high on acid and being beaton with a hammer, one great actor that made the film worth watching, inspired by a disney ride.

after these facts i just cant fothom why anyone would choose lord of the rings over pirates

Feef
POTC - Hands down no contest. Not a LOTR fan i'm afraid.

hobbit_lover
Lord of the rings is sooo much better than POTC!!!! LOTR IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i get bored of POTC

Fire
Both are great but LOTR is a lot better
Rage is right when he says that one great actor did make POTC worth watching without Depp POTC would have sucked even more

JKozzy
LOTR is a movie, POTC isn't, in my opinion. Terrible piece of metal and plastic that DVD is.

Cheeky monkey
The Pirates of the carribean is the best film

fini
LOTR hands down. DUH!!

~Johnny.D_Girl~
potc is better!!!!!!! big grin

ADarksideJedi
The Pirate movie acouse!jmpirate2pirate

T.M
Originally posted by fini
LOTR hands down. DUH!!

Agreed.. LOTR's is miles better..

bogen
LOTR kicks it all th way back to that island jack escaped off.

bakerboy
Well, difficult to compare becuse they are different generes and kind of movies. But what movie are you talking about exaclty? because there are two pirates movies and three lord of the rings movies.

In general terms, i like pirates of the caribbean but i preffer lord of the rings.

coolmovies
LOTR are the best films ever made !!!!!!!!

-Tired Hiker-
Pirates is a nice action film, LOTR is a bit more in depth and more of an artistic achievement.

rampantFire231
they are much different, even though they are both adventure movies. one of them is very epic and dramatic, whereas the other one is more comedic and a fun ride that you might want to watch more than once.

-Tired Hiker-
One involves Hobbits. One involves pirates.

Solo
Should there even be a debate over which is better? POTC 2 was mediocre at best.

SpaceMonkey
POTC is OK, a good action, fun movie. LOTR is sooo much more than that.... there is NO comparison.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.