Yeah Right, As If That Would Happen.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aku
The whole title could pretty much be put to Van Helsing but i was wondering which film has the most parts which are just incredibly unrealistic.

Now understand this coz its very important. Sci-Fi films dont count, for instance you cant complain about the matrix coz Neo can fly or whatever. Think of Films that are trying to be realistic but do a stupid stunt which was inaccurate or not possible.

Example. The Italian Job (new one).

'When the mini-coopers are driving through that tube and when they are just about to come out the end, they somehow just fly in the air for like 5 seconds with no propulsion or ramp or anything and land perfectly.'

Happy Dance Savvy? Happy Dance

Linkalicious
try just about everything in "The Transporter"

Is it even possible to parachute onto a moving big rig? Let alone beat up 8 guys on an oil slick?

silver_tears
Alot of Martial arts movies are very unbelievable yes

Kes
Dont forget the coming down "head" 1st even thou they have the gold in the back.

Cinemaddiction
Propulsion at high velocity would explain the Mini Coop's ramp lauches. It was a pretty short distance. How do Monster Trucks bound over a row of 8 cars at one time, especially when it's center of gravity is lower, and the majority of it's weight is on the underside?

There was a funny spoof scene in "Starsky + Hutch" movie with the exact same type scene, of course, they didn't make the jump.

burlyman
Someone's obsessed with Van Helsing rolleyes1

Myth
What about POTC when they walk underwater breathing in an upside down boat. With that big of an air pocket, the boat would be forced upwards or at least flip enough to fill with water.

Kes
No way would that car do that. Even has altered has it was. The Gold would have dragged the ass down.

Lan委Windu
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon comes to mind...totally unbelieveable.

Kes
Well that one wasnt trying to be believable.

Lan委Windu
It was based on real life though, it wasn't science fiction, so it falls under this catagory.

Also Bulletproof Monk, with Cho Yun Fat doing all of those things, it was stupid.

Kes
Obvious that both are not trying to be believable.
They are just showing "great" fight sequences.

Lan委Windu
Great my ass, I thought both movies were terrible. The wire work was too obvious, they coulda been done better but they weren't.

Kes
That's why the great was in "" roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lan委Windu
stick out tongue

Don't roll your eyes at me young lady.

Kes
stick out tongue

Lan委Windu
wink

Anyways...some parts of Indiana Jones wouldn't happen.

A college professor just suddenly cuts all class for an undetermined amount of time so he could go fight Nazi's and find something that may or may not be real.

chez
As well as Indiana Jones, almost any James Bond springs to mind.

Aku
Er i can understand the newer james bond movies being unbelievable but the old ones were believeable. And indiana jones. Ok they mey have had some over the top bits, but its not impossible to happen.

Also in the transporter im no entirely sure that a person can defelect a missle with a tea-tray but o well?

Kes
They can always have a sub-teacher. wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.