My Big Fat Independent Movie And Anti-Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gregmss
why arent they on this website infact all Crippy films arent sad wink embarrasment mad

gregmss
hello

gregmss
Has anyone seen the crippy movies heres a list
1.Attack Of the Killer Wig
2.Anti-heroes
3.Fat-Man(anti-heroes spinoff)
4.Haffatta(Starring Greg Kinnear French Stewart Mike Myers The Olsen Twins James Moss Jack Gregson)
5.Just A Kid(starring Cameron Diaz)
6.My Big Fat Ass(not that good)
7.Haffatta2 The Revenge(Coming Soon)

boxofdeath2.0
who or what is a crippy movie?

gregmss
a Crippy Movie Is a film made By crippy studios and are usally directed by Jack Gregson or James Moss and are extremly funny (my screen name is a homage to jack "greg"son and James Mo"ss"

silver_tears
are they like off hollywood films, that aren't blockbusters?

lil_fumbling_an
oh i have heard alot about 'my big fat independent movie', it sounds like such a funny movie.. i mean spoof movies usually wreak of so much cheesiness that it is unbelievable but it always makes for a good laugh

has anyone here gotten to see the movie yet ? if you have what did you think, was it any good ?

Cinemaddiction
I saw "My Big Fat Independent Movie". It had it moments.

manicmyk
Its definitely a funny film. If you have paid attention to indie cinema in the last few years there are tons of giggles thrown in.

Wolfie
My Big Fat Independent Movie was pretty funny.

kediaankit
Hey the movie was ptetty funny. I like spoofs. Scary movie was one of them. The best part of MY BIG FAT INDEPENDENT MOVIE i liked was the botched robbery. Which scene did u like guys.

Wolfie
My favorite scene might've been when that one guy just had to kill someone. So the other one was telling him how to kill someone and make it ironic so he can still remain the anti-hero and the audience won't hate him.

brad555

Cinemaddiction
Wow, that's very gracious. Jason Mewes was incredibly annoying, playing himself, and Clint Howard was in the movie all of 30 seconds. There's no way in hell I'd compare this movie to one with a budget that was A LOT more ruthless in parodying a genre. MBFIM and its satire was incredibly heavyhanded, which is the first no-no in a spoof. It's supposed to be subtle, and more implied. This was just a mutt with a bunch of "Look, we know what makes indies cool!" references and nods, where the filmmakers obviously are fishing for compliments.

Not to mention, the editing job was horrible. The theatre shootout scene outside, they used the same shot twice, with the girl falling.

Wolfie
Yeah, another reason I rented it was for Jason Mewes. It turned out he wasn't very funny in it.

manicmyk
Wow. I took that to be intentional poking of fun at indies. The fact that the movie was poking fun of itelf along with indies in general was kind of cool. Clint Howard is in a ton of movies for like 30 seconds isn't he? That was another part of the genre poking I thought was funny. You cant have an indie flick without a Clint cameo.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by manicmyk
You cant have an indie flick without a Clint cameo.

..which is just another indie cliche they play up to. It was just too "heavy" a spoof. They honestly tried too hard with this one, and IMHO, it's naive to come out of the gate, making a spoof as your first movie, of your own genre, given they had little or no credibility, and even less after this movie.

manicmyk
I completely understand where you are coming from and we are on differing sides of the fence on this one. I think it needed to be heavy to be a spoof, if it were too subtle it wouldn't have been a spoof, or at least in the way I have come to think of spoofs.

lil_fumbling_an
personally i like that they did the spoofs kinda over the top & didnt hint about them or were not very subtle with the spoofs, they just hit you straight on with what they were aiming for & didnt leave you guessing or having to think.. so i agree with manic that yeah its great with how they were straightforward .. true doing a spoof as your first movie ever is idk not something i would think that some1 would do but i think that the writing was done very well for this movie... i did like that mewes was in the film, i thought they he should have had a better part, i mean he is so hilarious in his other films.. still evern with the over the top antics this this film throws at you it just its for a good laugh & i think they got the job done right cause this movie made me laugh.. cant wait to get my copy on dvd

hobby
I see where you're coming from about this movie too, but I gotta say I thought this movie was great. I haven't really seen a spoof I didn't like, but to me this tops em all, scary movie, not another teen movie, spaceballs.

alvix
I think my favorite spoofs in My Big Fat Independent movie is with Pulp Fiction and scary movie! gotta love 'em wink

KathyBrowncoat
WOW! Thanks for this great discussion everyone!

I'm looking forward to watching the movie with a group of friends later this month.

We've picked up the DVD and we're going to watch it on our groups movie night figuring between us we'll get all the references! smile

The trailer for this is great... I LOVED the line "we're going to forge an unlikely bond with her you idiot!" wink There are about a thousand movies they could be poking fun at with that one line.

As for being over the top, I think, given they seem to be making fun of all movies, not just one, and not just indies, that being over the top couldn't be helped, and probably adds to the effect... but it will be movie night before I find out for myself. smile

somenoise
huahuhuahu

That's a good idea!

watch this movie in groups of friends is better. It's more funny ...

and My big Fat Independent Movie is very funny. I couldn't stop laughing while watching it stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue

alvix
Yeah it works way better in groups, when I first saw Scary Movie I was like this movie sucks! but at the sequel, a couple of friends and I saw it and it was way more fun this way, it could be it just better movie, but I think that friend thingy is kinda true..

Chicken Stew
Originally posted by kediaankit
Hey the movie was ptetty funny. I like spoofs. Scary movie was one of them. The best part of MY BIG FAT INDEPENDENT MOVIE i liked was the botched robbery. Which scene did u like guys.

Hahaha i think that might be my favorite scene too.. though there were a bunch of hilarious moments like that. Overall, I'd recommend it for a few laughs. It also really helps if you're familiar with the movies they're spoofing...

deadwiz
The movie was infact hilarious.
The pulp fiction stuff had to be the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.
Definitely a breath of fresh air for me and my outlook on these type of comedies.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.