The Whole Hyperspace Burrito...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spadesmamma61
I've seen this addressed occasionally but never as a thread. I personally think it blows that they would do this to us fans. I remember before the site went pay-per-view so to speak. I LOVED it and I visited it regularly. Now it doesn't even merit a bookmark on my browser. It's not like GL isn't going to make millions off the next movie and the whole OT DVD release this fall as it is, but he's got to try and suck dry the very people that made him a rich man. I appreciate greatly those who take the chance to post pictures and information from hyperspace for the rest of us who won't or can't afford to pay to see them. SO in a nutshell.......three cheers for the brave folks who share with the rest of us fans! smile smile smile

Sith Master X
Well I'll tell ya, the only desire I have toward going to SW.com on a daily bases is to see if the Episode 3 title has been released (yes I know it's not supposed be released until later this summer, but still you never know) I'll only trust the title when I see it posted on the official website. Other than that, I have no interesting in SW.com at all, and part of that is because of their great cheapness regarding Hyperspace.

SMX
cool

Creechuur
I think that if enough fans stopped going to SW.com, they'd have to notice. The problem is theres not enough people who actually think about what that 40 dollars is for and who gets it, etc.

You can go to TheForce.net, Moviespoilers.com, KMC, and dozens of other places for SW news. Heck I'll og to SS.com before I'll go to SW.com.

What other property can you think of that the creator has gouged its fans so bad for? Most creators honor their fans. Lucas has pulled some pretty despicable crap on the people who made him rich.

Corsie
I hardly ever go to SW.com because there is almost nothing to see.

Sith Master X
I totally agree. It's a complete disgrace for Lucas, a man who possesses more money than he'll ever spend in a lifetime to be pulling off some mega crap like that.

SMX
cool

spadesmamma61
Speaking of The Force.net...I've noticed that their picture links are directly to Hyperspace. Whats up with that? Do they have some kind of deal with the official site?

Sith Master X
Hmm...I've noticed that too. In fact, I've come across many sites containing links to Hyperspace. Not sure what the deal is.

SMX
cool

Creechuur
I think they assume that if youre a SW fan, then you know Hyperspace links mean that you can't see them unless youre a member.

Lucas can cram it with walnuts. BOYCOTT STARWARS.COM!!!!

punkkaveman
I agree. The only thing I am able to go on is the database and the forum and the forums at Star Wars.com suck.

Ushgarak
Meh, wasn't Lucas' idea, most likely, but at the end of the day, he is a businessman, and if his company comes up with a profitable idea for the website... well, that's business.

spadesmamma61
Ush.................how positively capital of you! LOL you always crack me up man! laughing out loud laughing

Darth Venom
3-D Episode III Pic

1 of many i hope (send them in)

El Toro De Brah
what's so 3D about it. dont look that much different from a normal pic

OB1-adobe
I am a subscriber to Hyperspace, at least for the next week or so. I really have no desire to sign up for another year. I do not think $20 is that big of a deal, but you should'nt have been paying for what you were getting. I think I posted this a while ago but this basically what you got out of Hyperspace. In a nutshell this what you were getting-

1) Pablo's post- There was scene with blue screen today with anikan. It was emotional. Anyway I am having fun down here.. blah blah blah Basically he will tell you about the movie, but then he won't.

2) Web cam- this was the most ridiculaous piece of crap about this whole ordeal. I am personally not a big fan of footage of a guy working on his computer for hours on end. Or watching a room that is pitch black because the lights are turned off. I don't know about you guys, but that is my opinion

3) Behind the helmet-some cool ones show up now and then, but I usually find better ones floating around in hyperspace.

4) Making of documentary- Uh These used to be free if I remember correctly. Now you watch em, and you can't even watch them again until the show up at the site.

That is the whole sack of potatos. I go to TFN frequently as well, but even they are starting to irritate me. They used to have info on Ep. 3 on a constant basis, now they are days or even weeks apart. Most of the time their updates are like "Happy birth day to that guy who ran across the screen in ESB" or "AOTC is on TV tonight". Also, there news lately is regurgitated crap from other sites, or they are serouisly reaching. Like this "some guy at Target who knows a guy in san franscisco who's brothers ex girlfriend's sister knows a courier at Lucasfilm said the title is is 'death of a republic'

Ushgarak
Yeah, TFN haven't been up to spec lately.

darktim1
what 3-d about it june first they are going to have zoom in on the website on the locations

Creechuur
So, for your hard earned cash, you get:
A webdiary
Some pics
a lame webcam
Some webdocs

hmmm...sounds like a FREE WEB SITE TO ME. I would feel like a rape victim if I paid for that.

Don't even try to make Lucas an innocent party. Nothing happens without his consent and we all know it. Sure it was some marketing jerk that came up with the idea, but you don't think it lit up little dollar signs in lucas' eyes? Thats not business, its selfishness.

Ushgarak
No, it's business. I actually have little patience with continued criticism GL gets for making money. He puts nearly all of it back into films anyway. That IS business- feel free to criticise it for being crap, but it is a perfectly acceptable business venture to try.

Corsie
That`s very true.

Swordfish2k0
Yes that is business but the film will rake in millions at the box office so why rip off the fans who are interested in see production news??! Unfortunatly like many things star wars is just about money these days...

Sacrifise666
the fan club is 40 bucks.

hyperspace is 20 bucks

sith_darth_jay
what about the non-existent trailer?, i'm sure you'll be there when it comes out

Sith Master X
Forgot to mention that. Good point. Yes, I'll be there for that as well, but only once. Once I've seen the real thing from the official site, I'll start watching it again from other websites and try to avoid SW.com at all possible cost.

SMX
cool

orbob
Damn right SMX!

orbob
Sadly this is utter bullshit!

Creechuur
So, because its 'business' that makes it ok?

Its "acceptable" that the world is run by a bunch of a$$holes who would rather line their pockets than just be decent people? Its morally right because its common practice? I wouldve never taken you for a sheep Ush, but if the wool fits...

Theres good (philanthropic) capitalists and bad (selfish) capitalists. Can you figure out which group Lucas belongs to? I think you can.

Its appaling to me that a man as rich as Lucas feels the need to charge the fans that made him for something he could just as easily give away.

If you find that acceptable, I question your morals.

yerssot
if you dislike it, just don't pay for it and don't brake the law with posting them roll eyes (sarcastic)
or just stop watching star wars all together

Sith Master X
There's plenty of people who like Hyperspace, but I think the question is whether or not it's worth paying for seeing what they've pulled on the fans who've made Star Wars such a successful franchise.

SMX
cool

peluffo
I feel sad for everyone who were used to thinks that Lucas were doing it for them.

It's his franchise, it's his creation, and of course it's his enterprise/buissness. Nobody has the RIGHT to brag against him, because it is not intended for poor people, and it is not food or clothes, that can be argued is NEEDED for the people. It's just movie buisness, nobody is pointing a gun on your head to consume his product, then don't do it.

Meanwhile, anyone who can and who want spend his money enjoying what Lucas Enterprises has to offer, it's OK.

Sith Master X
Right, but Hyperspace is sort of like selling a piece of thread for 10 bucks. It's not worth it. If you don't want Hyperspace, don't pay for it. Ok, so most of us haven't. But what they release on Hyperspace and on the world wide official website should be photos that they are releasing to ALL the fans who've made their franchise a hit. They don't need any more money considering all the money we've spent buying our tickets however many times we've went back to watch SW again and again, all the SW merchandise we've bought, the DVD's or VHS video's and anything else SW related that we've spent our money on, it's just sad that they feel the need to pull any more money out of our pockets then they already have. Also, they have Episode 3 to look forward to, they'll be pulling in plenty of money then as well.

I'm not arguing against Peluffo. Sadly he is right, it is just the way the film bussiness works. But again, without our loyalty, where would SW be? They would not be hurting at all by any means without Hyperspace!

SMX
cool

macehonda
I was just at the OS and they are now charging 40 bucks. It's all bundled together

Creechuur
Sorry Lucas supporters, but your arguments are hollow. Its obvious that he can do with his creation what he wants, but I have not heard one shred of evidence that what he does is positive or morally right.

I'm not talking about what he is legally able to do, I'm talking about right and wrong, so cut the excuses. I'm entitled to an opinon and my opinion is that Lucas has become an unscrupulous individual in recent years.

That doesn't mean I have to condemn the movies. I don't always agree with KMC members, but that doesn't mean I'm going to stop coming here.

OB1-adobe
I really did'nt have any problem paying for it creechur, it is just when I found out what I had just blew 20 bones on was pure crap. There is nothing on there worth seeing, except the BTH pics. They made out the web cam to be something so cool, and if you go their right now is probably someguy working on the computer, and you can't even see the screen. Woopie F*ckin do! Also, they don't do anything over the weekends. I am not saying it is not ok to take a break but seriosly, people really got jipped. There is nothing about it that you should have paid any dollar amount for.

peluffo
Star Wars is a hit because they are good movies.

Its funny how the fans thinks that Lucas owes them something.... this is just a stand to justify your arguments...
SMX, you are full of prejudices... you say they "should" show free images, you say they have enough money, who are you to make this statement so rightfully?

If you've paid for some VHS, or some Action figures, then you already have exactly what you have paid off... Or you (or anybody) thinks that for buying some merchandise you are now partners in Lucas enterprises? Sorry but no. You don't INVEST in some project, you just buy some product, no more, no less. Lucas is who put his mind and his money at risk every time he made a movie. You can say "there is no 'risk' on Star Wars Franchise" but it is right because a lot of people wants to see it, and this is because the movies are good for some kind of people. Lucas is not beggin everywhere for us to go and see his movies...

Sorry XMS if you think this is against you personally. I'm not against you, but you're some kind of example on what i tried to say.

peluffo

yerssot
and you say that the pro-ones have hollow arguments? blink

Creechuur
Lets see...

Batman Begins, Spider-Man 2, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, and numerous other movies that are coming out in the next year have great sites with FREE content...wallpapers, AIM icons, pics, and a bunch of other stuff.

That was one of the worst arguments I have seen yet. Really, you guys aren't giving me anything to debate except obvious truths about how corrupt business can be. Duh.

Again, I'm talking about whats right, not about whats legal.

spadesmamma61
gettin ugly in here fellas! embarrasment

Sith Master X
Sorry Peluffo, but if you've been around here to know this, I'm a pretty decent guy who respects everyone's opinion, even though I don't always agree with them. Everyone is "Prejudice" on something, people who are for Hyperspace, that's their view, they are being just as prejudice as those who are against it because they have a "view" on the situation as well.

The whole thing about Hyperspace is only my opinion which I'm entitled to, nothing more. Yes, I do believe they should release those pics to everyone, thus that doesn't make me right. Only my opinion.

I don't mean this in the wrong way Peluffo nor am I trying to fight, we're cool and all smile, I'm just saying that those who know me, know that I'm not one to come on here and say what's right and what's wrong. It was just my opinion, just like you have yours.

SMX
cool

yerssot
sounds like star wars a few years ago, give it some time, and if they will make a bigger franchise, they'll follow I think

peluffo
OK:

Batman Begins: 5 pictures, no videos, no release date.

http://batmanbegins.warnerbros.com/page.html

Spiderman 2: The first picture hits the net on sept 2003 (the wallpaper with Dr Octopuss over the city)
Release Date: july - 2 - 2004 (remember these dates for further reference)
http://spiderman.sonypictures.com/

Sky Captain: Trailers, photos, aim icons and a lot of stuff never released by lucas before, so, it won't change. Anyways, the release date is September 17 2004.... 4 months from now... confused

http://www.skycaptain.com/

I cant take you seriously, or you're simply a liar.
None of your "references" will be released on 2005. Maybe Batman, but it is not specified anywhere. (and no too much info or material on his site...)
Spiderman released a single picture on September 2003, and in July 2004 we'll have the movie. SW will release OT on DVD, which will include material from Ep3 on September 2004, and the movie will be released on MAY 2005.

I can't understand your point lying or giving wrong data, and then saying "That was one of the worst arguments I have seen yet."

If you're just trying to pick up a fight, fine with me, i've got a lot of things to do... If you were talking seriously, then... confused

BTW... it's funny to think that YOU are the one who will put the rules about what is wrong and what is right.... I've asked you before... where we can download the "Rules about Wrong and Right on movie buisness"?

SMX: I have no problems with you, we're ok wink

Sith Master X
Same here Pel. I'm totally cool with you smile, we just differ in opinion that's all. wink

SMX
cool

punkkaveman
Spiderman 2 is is released on June 30th, but that is another topic.

amity75
I've spent a LOT of money on Star Wars over the years and I don't regret a single penny of it. Yeah some might say I'm stupid but these are the same people who spend the same ammount of money on cigarettes, car body kits, watching football etc. Life is about being happy and star wars stuff makes me happy. If Lucas wants to spend some of the money I've given him on a new porsche then so be it coz without that man and his movies I don't know what my life would be like.

Sith Master X
True, we do have much to be greatful for where Lucas is concerned. Without him, we wouldn't have such a great movie to be looking forward to. I like Lucas and all, and I believe he's done a great job with SW, but Hyperspace is one small thing that I don't like about it, though it'll never deprive me from my love for SW.

SMX
cool

Creechuur
I agree SMX. I respect Lucas deeply for his creations, but I think he's a greedy businessman too.

Pelu, if all you can do is nitpick about movie release dates and call me a liar for having an opinion, I have no desire to debate with you further. I look at the big picture rather than focusing on words I can dissect in an argument.

In the long run, I think Lucas is hurting and alienating his long time fans. If I were in his place I'd show a bit more gratitiude and give a little something back now and then. In no way do I think he's obligated or owes us anything, my moral compass just tells me some things are wrong. Maybe yours is different...

yerssot
tht's not really the point peluffo tried to make I think ...

it's that you complain that sw.c has hyperspace ...
if you look at the big pictures that will come out: Batman offers five pics, Spiderman's release is rather soon and it still isn't full of pics and hype and all.
The only one with a bit of hype now already is Skycaptain apperently... and it should cause they release rather soon

than you have star wars, release next year. and the free content of the site is already ten times more than what you find on those three combined

anyway ... that's what I think was the point of peluffo too

peluffo
Exactly Yerss, thanx for translating it big grin

That was exactly what I was trying to say. SW IS REALLY givin us a lot of stuff already... And I can understand our hunger as a fan, because nothing s enough.

Creechur, I just use your references, and all of it was wrong. Maybe you were just lying for a fight, or maybe you don't even check your own references. I'll keep this in mind for the next time.

AUTONOTE: don't take Creechur arguments too seriously.

yerssot
thx, I'm known for my interpretations wink

Sith Master X
I can argue whether or not I'm for Hyperspace, but I can't argue with the fact that indeed, SW has given us much to be greatful for. Both Peluffo and Creechuur make some good points. Yes, SW has given us much already like Peluffo said, yet Lucas is a greedy bussiness man as Creechuur stated. I agree that you both are right. It all depends on how you look at the situation.

SMX
cool

Creechuur
I agree that SW.com is a pretty big site, but it covers a lot more than just Ep 3. That site is giving info on all 6 movies, and a universe of EU material. You can't really compare that content to the content of a stand alone movie site.

I may be wrong here, but I have never found another movie site that charges for material.

Pelu, while I will agree that Ep 3 has a lot of content for a movie that is so far out, most of that content is cross referenced to stuff other than Ep 3 (comics, games, etc.). Like I said, I don't go to SW.com anymore, but I would hazard a guess that the FREE exclusive Ep 3 content is a very small portion of the overall site.

I don't have to agree with you to see where your coming from, or understand why you feel the way you do. Can't y'all give me the same coutesy of having an opinion?

peluffo
Are you asking for courtesy?
Have you shared some?
I've readed everywhere about you using sarcasm, and how much you like it.

we're starting to know each other. That's nice. wink

Sith Master X
Well Hyperspace, it surely has sparked a debate. That's the downside of the issue I guess, it's a result full of mixed opinions.

SMX
cool

dragonx
in a stragetic level it was a very dumd decision 2 create hyperspace a very dumd disicion of Lucas indeed,if attack of the clones was a huge succes then then creating hyperspace only 4 members might have worked as they wanted 2 work as their plans but AOTC wasnt as near as a huge succes as everybody expected and it did not became a succes as they expected and either you like ot or not many fans where quit dissapointed about AOTC and thats where Lucas made a mistake with giving the go ahead 4 hyperspace only 4 members , because many viewers where dissapointed and many reviews werent 2 positive about AOTC Lucas should have never given the go ahead 4 HS on a promotional level of ep3 he should have and tried 2 make up with the viewers and tottaly hype ep3 and given everything 4 free like it was b4 so in that way he could regain the trust of SW viewers and show 2 the viewers he still has got the magic touch in that way people would be automaticly drawn 2 the theaters because the movie would be tottaly hypped and the viewers would eventually regain their trust in Lucas and ep3 could be 1 of the best visited movies ever but thats not the case he made hyperspace only 4 members and because of that he doesnt reach nearly as much people with promotion as he should be and that could eventually by the release of ep 3 be cost him more then he expected the whole hyperspace would be losing money for him cause
he just wouldnt have reached enough viewers 2 get the maximum out of hyperspace and could turn out 2 be a dissaster,giving free stuff immediatly 2 every1 is crucial,that creates a hype and hype means $$$$
Lucas made the assumption that hyperspace would mean lot of $$$ he probably thought: AOTC didnt make as much money as i wanted it 2,so ill give the go ahead for HS and maybe in that way i can make up 4 the loss of the $$$ because there arent enough viewers lets get evry penny i can get from them and ill have the same ammount of $$$$ wheter less viewers come 2 see ep3 i will still have my trusty sugar daddys 2 keep me loaded.
But geuss what he made a BIG mistake he really needs some better advisors and wake up and see that the SW own creator is pushing SW 2 its doom.....eventually

spadesmamma61
When I started this thread I kinda had a feeling it would start a debate, didnt realise it would get quite so heated. But I figured it needed to be said! If you look at it from a certain point of view that is! heheh Mamma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.