Ep 3 novelization?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Creechuur
Does anyone know whos doing the novelization? Hope its Salvatore again, he's one of my favs.

Also, will you read the novel before you see the movie? I have read both books before the last 2 episodes, and I'll do the same for Ep 3. I'm a spoiler whore, so I already know the story by April anyways. I like knowing what to expect when I see the movie, but not knowing how Lucas will present it. To me, the movies are just SFX extravaganzas, the story is usually better told on paper.

Lurik
I heard a rumor from a reliable source it would be Alan Dean Foster, but then again, that could have been started by SS....

yerssot
this was already official a looooong time ago, it's that guy that wrote that NJO book where Jacen gets captured by the Vong

Darth Jello
well there is only one man who can do the comic adaptation justice-Frank Miller. He is also responsible for-Batman: Year One, and the three most important dark comic arcs in history-Daredevil Born again, the elektra saga, and Love and War. he also wrote elektra assassin.

cornponious
Let's not forget The Dark Knight Returns, which was 1337. Oh dear, we've turned this into a Frank Miller thread.

corn

punkkaveman
Frank Miller would be great for the comic but he does a lot of stuff for Marvel. He also tends to write dark stories. That would be great for the next movie comic.

Creechuur
Well, Miller could write it, but his art style is an aquired taste as of late (ok, as of the last decade or so). I like it, but it would be too rough around the edges for Star Wars, I think.

Is there any news on who is doing the comic adaptation?

Lurik
Creechur, I liked your old avatar better.. starwarsstarwarsstarwarsstarwarsstarwarsstarwarsst
arwarsstarwars

Sith Master X
I like his new avatar better. stick out tongue Just given my input. wink

Back to the topic, I can't gurantee who the next novelist will be, though hopefully it'll be someone that'll make it enjoyable.

SMX
cool

spadesmamma61
Me thinks Lurik has too much free time on his hands! LOL you've been spamming you little battle guys all over the boards! LOL I like em!

Reborn Again
This rumor sounds feeble. ADF wrote the novelization of The Chronicles of Riddick. ADF is a sci-fi novel junkie who has written tons of sci-fi books, mostly Star Trek. I love his work.

VengeanceGOD
It's going to be the guy who wrote Traitor and Shatterpoint, Matthew Stover. He kicks ass, so I can't wait.

As for Miller, his stuff USED to be cool. The Dark Knight Returns was beyond awesome. But did anyone read the recently released sequel? I'm sooo dissapointed that I wasted money on that.

Creechuur
No way, Dark Knight 2 was cool.

Dark Knight Returns was a one time classic. Even Miller knew he wasn't going to be able to top it.

Back on-topic, I'll have to read Traitor and Shatterpoint, I guess.

Creechuur
I like my old avatar better too. big grin

Lurik
Sith Master X, I also preferred your old avatar....starwarsstarwarsstarwarsstarwarsstarwarsstarwars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.