Poll: Do you accept Lucas' vision?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Creechuur
By the time Ep 3 hits theaters, most of us will know the basic storyline. There are some mysteries to be answered (who ordered the clones), but we all pretty much know whats going to go down.

We all have scenes we want to see, and we all have personal opinions about how we want the movie done. Will you unerringly accept Lucas' vision, or will you be upset if things don't unfold the way you have envisioned them yourself?

For instance, how would you take it if Lucas decided to have Jar Jar be the one that ordered the clones, however ridiculous that may be?

Sith Master X
Hmm...interesting. So far, I've accepted Lucas' vision. If he had pulled off something as ridiculous Jar Jar ordering the clone army, then yeah I'd have been fueming. Luckily, he hasn't done anything to that extreme yet. I believe Episode 3 will deliver. I've enjoyed Lucas' vision thus far and I can't see myself not enjoying Episode 3, but you never know until the movies comes out.

SMX
cool

§pearhead
most of it's believable (if you can imagine being in that universe) and some of the events obviously parallel our own. I might not like how it was presented (Ep 1 and 2 are lacking, I think, but overall acceptable), but presume I'll love how it turns out.

If something like Jar Jar ordering the clones happens, I'll be pretty pissed, but I doubt that, or anything that absurd, will happen.

peluffo
maybe i'll see the movie, and then try to forget all the prequels getting drunk for the rest of my life.

Lurik
Good philosophy peluffo

yerssot
it's his vision, his creation, if you don't like it, don't see it

spadesmamma61
I'm goin with Lucas on this one...he IS the creator. rock

Lurik
Of most of the characters, though he didn't write the Star Wars: A New Hope story. Alan Dean Foster did.

Anakin2Vader
Jar Jar is the one who started the Clone Wars by proposing the creation of "A Grand Army of The Republic" which were the clones and what started the war.

Whoever ordered the creation of the clones really has no more influence then Jar Jar being that they both were used as pawns by Sidious.

Ill be pissed if Dooku is the one who ordered them because that is way too boring and offers nothing new to the storyline.

OB1-adobe
Its been a roller coaster ride I'll tell you that much. Lucas sure does throw in some curve balls, but Episode 3 sounds like it is going to be the most serious of the PT, and possibly of the whole saga. I am expecting it to be an interesting movie, but possibly be a more or less boring one. Except for some parts, like the duel, and others. But all in all I think it is going to be all good. Though you never know. You may walk out of the theater totally loving the PT, and watching the OT in a new light, or curse the Man with a vengence. I am predicting both of that to happen. But I vote Yes.

yerssot
lurik, look it all up, he gave the ideas, they had to fit it in wink

Lurik
.........................................................................................................
........................................................................................................
........................................................................................................
..........................................................................huh, Ben?

Ushgarak
Nope. ADF wrote the novel, but GL wrote the story and the screenplay.

ragesRemorse
You know the the latest star war installments, just seem like lucas diddnt try as hard. I think he focused to heavily on giving the films what he couldnt give the first three, and that was complete vision of the surroundings. I mean before ,lucas was limited to the world he could create using special effects. Now since he has pretty much everything at his disposal it seems he forgets to focus on the story. Many things in the first two movies seem off the wall and far off from the star wars theme. I like the movies, but they are not nearly as entertaining as they could have been. I hate to say that, because any movie can be better after its completed, but one thing i think episode one and two lack, which is what made 4,5,6 so great is emotion. There is very little emotion drawn from the story and characters.

One other thing, where is the music? Star wars is supposed to be an opera in space, in the originals there was always music playing, this giving it hightend suspense

spadesmamma61
Thnx Ushgarak! Nice to know my memory isnt totally shot.

spadesmamma61
Are you KIDDING? The soundtrack to both 1 and 2 were very very good. John Williams has composed all of the Star Wars music and he's the master at it! eek!

Ushgarak
No problem! BTW, you must meet Gundy.

(goes to find her)

Corran
What Yerssot said, it's his creation.

punkkaveman
I also think he is the creator and he can do what he wants with it and plus I don't think Lucas will let us down.

OB1-adobe
BRO, all I am gonna say is that it is a little too early to be saying what you just said. These characters have'nt reached their arc yet, and therefore have not reached their true realization of their place in the star wars saga. Oh and by the way. A New Hope has least music in all the Star Wars films.

robakin
I have faith in Lucas. As long as Anakin becomes Vader the driods have no memory, Ben gets Anakins saber, Luke and Leia are born. I'm happy lets not get TOO anal about it all, you can find holes in any plots if you look hard enough.

darktim1
well what I want to see is obi wan and anakin fight and here the first words that come out of anakin as darth vader.

WindDancer
It his creation he could do whatever thinks is right (Jar-Jar in charge? Gawd! that's awful) but at the same time fans might not like it. So, is kinda hard to satisfied the fans. I most certainly enjoyed Episode I, but after episode II I was disappointed greatly. Not because of storyline, but because of the way the acting, and the characters looked. Of course if I had my way I would love to see Mr. Lucas do a Knights of the Old Republic movie. wink

Creechuur
Interesting...its tied 12 to 12. Thats pretty cool, I was figuring it would be more of a landslide one way or the other.

Truer words were never spoken robakin. Its fun to debate and come up with theories, but it kinda scares me to think that some of the people I'm debating with are actually getting angry. If I've lost my temper in these forums, its usually due to an individual rather than Star Wars itself.

I think what happenend to Lucas is similar to what happens to a lot of bands (Korn, Green Day, Janes Addiction, Nirvana, etc.) when they make it big. When theyre poor and hungry they put their heart into what they do and it shows. Once they get rich and comfortable, it becomes harder to put their heart into their work, it becomes much easier to "phone it in" and bank on the reputation youve made for yourself. In addition, theres a lot of pressure from the public to outdo your previous work. I don't envy successful artists, it makes their job that much harder.

I'm kinda torn on this the more I think about it. I'll be bummed if certain things don't unfold the way I have imagined them, but in the end what choice do I have but to accept the movie he makes for what it is?

OB1-adobe
He got rich right after the first movie creechur, so what are you talking about.

super shadow GL
yep he did

Creechuur
He got rich, yeah, but the world wasn't as cross marketed and overproduced as it is today. Marketing a product was nothing then like it is now. I can see how easy it must be to lose sight of your concept when that concept is also going to be a toy line,video game, snack food, have endorsements with soft drink and fast food chains, etc.

Think how rich that man was after sitting on the SW fortune up until the mid 90's. He had basically done nothing with the property for more than a decade, but fans like us kept the money pouring in nonetheless. Its gotta be hard to write a script for us everyday fans when your wealth has distanced you from them so acutely.

I know I criticize the new films...and Lucas quite a bit, but that doesn't mean I don't understand reality. It must be hard for Lucas to make a decent film when he's so rich he has lost touch with the pain and conflict that make movies (and life) so damn interesting. Plus, he's probably got bankers and marketers and all kinds of suits running around making him worry about the action figures or how much the movie will make in Zimbabwe or which picture of Anakin he wants on the soda can or whatever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.