DOOM-the movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chops
who is excited about doom the movies. it was a great game so i am hoping it will be a good movie

Dr. Strangelove
There making it? blink

Crash Overload
OMG! They are makinga DooM movies!?!?!? DooM Is like The high Light of when i was 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,10, 11, 12 years old!!! OMG! Can't wait!!! (Can't wait to see thoes Cyber Demons.. Oh god... *drool:* Cyber Demon...)

Crash Overload
Some highlights

PLEASE let it be universal!

I want to play DooM now stick out tongue

chops
you are in luck crash overload it is universal they bought movie rights of this other company

WindDancer
Now this is one movie that should defitnely have tons of gore and violence. Sounds like a good idea. thumb up

A movie based on a FPS video game sounds interesting.

Drifter101
lets hope this is the game adaption film that breaks the curse, because so far all video game films have not lived up anywhere near to the games.

ragesRemorse
The books were damn great. All you need to do is do a film from the first book "knee deep in the dead" Now that would a damn great, horrifying;y scary movie, if done right.

Linkalicious
you mean a game like Doom has an actual plot????

I thought you just went around wrecking shop with a sick double barrel. I don't see how this movie will be a winner. It's gonna be just like Resident Evil...another sub-decent movie.

Crash Overload
If I remeber Correctly, I The First one, The human Installation on Mars Was BEing Overrun by nasty monsters, demons, and you ahd to make your way to where they come from and destroy that place. In DooM II (My fav of the 2 stick out tongue) You had to make your way to the comand center and open up the sheilds to allow the human refugees to flee... Yet I don't see how in the end you had to shoot a rocket in the middle of some hug brain / head then Using your Chainsaw (No a stupid crowbar) and destroying The HEad of one of the programser that worked on the game ...

They Should Make a Game Based on the Original Wolfenstien... "Return To Castle Wolfenstein" was ruined by the supernatural spirits and al... but thats off topic now...

Myth
Karl Urban and the Rock have signed on to be in Doom. Hope its good.

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16181

BloomBabyGirl
i hope it will be. great games

deadly_force
i agree with Linkalicious didnt know it had a polt. I cant see this being anything but a very gory, very violent movie which isnt really a bad thing stick out tongue lets just hope they dont take it to far

Crash Overload
Scientists of the UAC descover the gates of hell on mars and open them, everyboy Dies Sauf our Marine Hero. So He has to fight his way through the base, attain the gates, walk therough them and destroy them from the inside. But of course he only relizes that ounce he is at the gates and tries to destroy them and it doesn't work...

BackFire
If it isn't Rated R it will be instant shit.

ladygrim
good why .. i never managed to complete ne of the levels on the friging game

Crash Overload

ladygrim
i like who they have in line up to play the main role ... karl urban (very nice)

Crash Overload
I read that as Mark Cuban... dot com Billionair, Owns the Mavricks (Basketball team) as a hobby, and has hsi own TV show called "The Benefactor"

SaTsuJiN
they better not water it down for children...

MC Mike
If it isn't R it probably will be a worthless piece of shit. erm

Myth
It'll probably still be a worthless piece of shit even if it is R. How often does a video game make a good movie, huh? Thats what I thought. But it doesn't mean we can't hope for the best.

MC Mike
Who you talking to? confused stick out tongue

Myth
The voices.

MC Mike
yes I see. big grin

ladygrim
i dont ..

Myth
Ok, after this news, I am excited to see what the trailer looks like. The Rock said that the monsters are not CG, they are actually there like in Jurassic Park and Aliens. The Rock will apparently be a general that turns bad and becomes the BMFOTP (Baddest Motherf*cker on the planet).

forumcrew
from the daily show when the rock was on it..

The Rock tells John that he just finished taping the movie Doom and it is now entering post production. He actually plays the main title character in the film. The flick is funny, but it is rated R, as it is unapologetic, like the game. He loves blowing stuff up. He recalls the actor who said he doesn't like to use guns or blow things up, but Rock says he's not like that. He loves using powerful weapons He gets to use a bio force gun in the movie and the letters "BFG" is actually written on the big friggin' gun. So he had a great time doing that movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.