Pass Card Lets Teens in R-Rated Movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VallejoKid707
Supporters say parents can sign off on movies for their kids without the time and expense of chaperoning them with the new R-card, which Springfield-based GKC Theatres began rolling out last fall in parts of its 22-city chain in Illinois and three other Midwest states. The card only works for the R-rating, which requires children under 17 to be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040607/ap_en_mo/movie_r_card_3

Stormy Day
um is that cool (under 17)

Cinemaddiction
Sounds like careless parenting to me.

Kes
And lots of fake Pass cards LOL

Stormy Day
heheh
*prints one out*
*gets ready to see Troy*

manny321
i am 15 and i saw troy!!

<<Solo>>
WTF? Everyone I know gets into Rated R Movies without a parent.

Stormy Day
hehehe me too shifty

ragesRemorse
i read about this in the paper aswell. Who really cares, i never had trouble getting into an R rated movie when i was a kid. Stopping a kid from seeing an R rated movie for one day is not going stop him from becomming desensitized or aware of breasts,guns,death , and drugs. I mean why does anyone pretend to care anymore? especially when you know it doesnt work

Flying Orange
Horrid movie, I'd have rather found a different R movie to see sick

dj_matrix
ive never seen that. any gud?

fini
hey whether or not the movie is Nc 17, these kids will see it on dvd, cable, video, when it comes out. SO why not let them see it on the big screen anyway. PEople under 18 cant be protected anymore. And if they think that they can sheild children, they are FOOLING THEMSELVES.

Kes
Its the law mate.

Pirate_Girly
I already made a discussion thread on this topic

fini
kes me aint a mate

ragesRemorse
law....LOL there are plenty other pointless laws

Stormy Day
lol

Maybe because when you watching on the big screen the breast get larger or something ?messed

Kes
True. Hey here I never had a problem getting in to see a movie so *shrugs*

fini&gt; Mate is an expression but if you dont like it I wont right it anymore when replying to you.

botankus
Every theater I have ever been to you can buy tickets for whatever G-rated movie you want to at the ticket office, then just roam to a R-rated theater when you get past the concession area.

Flying Orange
And nobody follows it stick out tongue

Kes
Apparently in the U.S. they do, most of the time.

botankus
Only at the ticket booth. The area with the theaters, whatever it's called, is a different story in most places.

Primitive Screwhead #1
I have more of a problem with cell phones in movie theaters than I do with people under 17 getting in. I attended my fair share of R-rated movies back in my early high school days, and I wouldn't say that I was a victim of bad parenting because of that. Same with most of the people I grew up with.

Kes
Cell-phones affect the projector. Its really annoying!

Pirate_Girly
Never heard of that 'en

plenTpak52
pssst....Sneak in

Stormy Day
shifty

VallejoKid707
But now... its legal thumb up But I always sneak in

Stormy Day
me too shifty but I havent done it in a long time.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.