What's your prediction for game of the year?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Shmedi
Okay I know what you're thinking, it's to early to tell and we haven't even laid our hands on a demo or a beta of any of the good games that are coming out this year.

Yeah yeah I know but all I want is a prediction.

There are big games coming out this year for every console (not including the GBA).

PS2- GTA Sin City, Gran Turismo 4, Kingdom Hearts 2

X-Box- Halo 2 (duh), Fable, Full Spectrum Warrior

Gamecube- Resident Evil 4, Metroid Prime 2:Echoes, Paper Mario 2

PC- LotR: The Battle for Middle Earth, World of Warcraft, Sims 2

Again, none of these games have been released yet (with the exception of Full Spec. Warrior) so I'm just asking for your prediction.

My guess is that it will go to Halo 2 IF it lives up to the hype.

Whadda you guys think?

WindDancer
Too early to predict, but I'm gonna say that Ninja Gaiden and TC Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow will be among the the best of the year.

BackFire
You missed two major PC games. Half Life 2, and Doom 3. Both of those have a huge chance of being game of the year.

forumcrew
and its san andreas not sin city... but sin city, halo 2, or doom 3 should have it

stinkyundies870
I believe Halo 2 is gonna take it. Plus World of warcraft might have a better shot if it wasn't pay to play.. but these days i guess it dont matter much

mah
Resident Evil 4 or Gran Turismo 4

Jedi Shmedi
Yeah, I meant to put San Andreas but I was day-dreaming lol.

And yeah, I'm an idiot in the fact I forgot Half-life 2 and Doom 3.

Anyway, Bump!

Lord_Andres
I think that either Doom3 or Half Life 2 will take the title as Game of the year, but WoW,Far Cry,Battle For Middle Earth or Middle Earth Online might have a chance too.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Halo 2, Half Life 2, GTA: SA and Doom 3 all have very heavy expectations falling on them. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised to see Half Life 2 and Doom 3 actually pushed out until 2005. My money would be on Halo 2, but I'll tell you what... Starcraft: Ghost could be a sleeper pick for the award as well.

super shadow GL
i say pac man

super shadow GL
pac man xp lol

LemonBrown
laughing

Jedi Shmedi
Jesus I can't believe I forgot Metal Gear Solid 3, one of the games I am personally most excited about.

Also I just relized that the prequels to most of these games came out in different years and were all pronounced game of the year in one way or another.

Halo, Metroid Prime, Half-Life, GTA Vice City, Sims, Gran Turismo 3, Kingdom Hearts, all game of the year titles, but most of these games didn't come out in the same year.

Jeez talk about irony. All of their sequels come in the same year (hopefully) It will be interesting to see how things turn out.

SaTsuJiN
Im rooting for Half Life 2.. doom 3 while very immersive, is more or less a revisit of the same "...in a top secret facility on one of mars' moons.." scenario. I give more props to HL2 for creating an entirely new scenario

The Ones
got to be: GRAND THEFT AUTO: SAN ANDREAS

Tptmanno1
No way,
For PC It's gotta be Far Cry.

MC Mike
I agree with every word. blink laughing out loud

Predator 89
My best bet is with Half-life 2 and only HALF-LIFE 2!

dave123
god i can't stand the HL series sick

Flying Orange
GTA: San Andreas, not Sin City wink

Flying Orange
I'd have to go with the new Zelda game or Metriod Prime 2: Echoes for GCN, God I don't know where to begin for PS2, so I'll just be generic and say GTA San Andreas for a start, and for XBox? Halo 2, or Fable, for sure. PC has yet to be seen, but if Starcraft: Ghost ever comes out, perhaps that'll be a gem wink

Jedi Shmedi
Well, technically the new Zelda isn't coming out until spring of next year. But, I'm still giddy as a school girl waiting for it to come out.

Flying Orange
Shh, don't get technical stick out tongue

Jedi Shmedi
laughing out loud

((The_Anomaly))
Its gonna be Halo 2, but Metroid Prime 2 will be right on its tail.....oh ya! (personally i like Prime 1 way better then Halo)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.