Captain Planet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyclops
Does anybody else remember this show? It was about 5 kids that for some reason or another were given rings. Green Lantern style? One for Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, and confusedHeartconfused. When they combind the power in the rings, they called out Captain Planet; a powerful entity with a green mullet.

It was good, but then again I was probably about 8 or 9 at the time.

Visit here for more info!

An environmental Superhero. It was very well thought-out. It was educational and entertaining for youths.

The power is yours!

Linkalicious
yah that bad chick with her hair covering her hideous disfigurement was still hot. Once you get past her computer geek program boyfriend...and get drunk enough to stop caring about the side of her face.....I'd do her! big grin

Cyclops
laughing

Interesting scenerio, Linker.

I still can not get over Captain Planets green Mullet.

shellie
yeah that was a good show i still remember the song ........"we're the planteers , you can be one too...." embarrasment ok now i feel like a dork .

Cyclops
"...cause saving our planet is the thing to do! Looting and Polluting is not the way, here's what Captain Planet has to say..."

I cannot believe I remember that too! laughing

shellie
laughing out loud your classic

Cyclops
I try

Tex
Ugh, only new age hippies watched that show! stick out tongue

Cyclops
TEX!

I am not a hippie! I am sick of being told off by 'The Man!'

laughing

VallejoKid707
I loved that show!

Cyclops
It was great.

But.... why the green mullet?

VallejoKid707
http://www.turner.com/planet/static/graphics/herovillains.gif

Cyclops
By your powers combined, I am CAPTAIN PLANET!

Linkalicious
there that b!tch is....in the purple!!!

She was a hottie!!

RoguePw25
I absolutly loved this show. Cyclops, you so beat me to it, cuz I was about to start this thread! pirate

Cyclops
laughing

Dont hesitate next time, RoguePW

RoguePw25
LoL. I won't.

I was actually up last night and caught the ending to Captain Planet. I was kinda disappointed. It would be great to see it again.

Cyclops
Indeed. Where is a network excecutive when you need one?

Arachnoidfreak
Captain Planet rocked ass. though, i always rooted for the bad guy...until Captain Planet himself showed up. For some reason, the damn kids pissed me off. I personally always thought the cartoon would rock more ass if it was just Cap. Planet vs the bad guy, and if the lame kids had killed themselves.

Cyclops
Yes, but that would cause to much of a rabble with parents. Did anyone see the episode where the bad guys had rings like the Planeteers, only evil and pollutenous?

Red Superfly
What there's a more evil and more devastating power than "heart"???

I always thought Captain Planet was about four kids and one that couldn't do anything because all he had was "heart". That's rubbish.

"Hey what did you get? Wind! Wow, thats a cool power, I got fire, and he got Earth, and she got got water, those are all pretty useful.....hey where's that kid who looked like Mowgli from the Jungle Book? What did he get?"

"I got heart"

"What does heart do?"

"Nothing. And my ring is plastic"

" laughing "

"I'm a freakin care bear!"

Cyclops
I know, but lets not embarass the kid any more then I am sure he already is. He can speak to the earth, and the Planeteers across great distances.

... so, he cant really help much at all.

Arachnoidfreak
They should have made his ring have the ability to alter the others, turning water to Ice, making the Flames larger or smaller, etc

Cyclops
Or make somebodies heart stop beating.... evil face

Red Superfly
Yeah, that'd be awesome, I can imagine it like this (for the purposes of this story, and the fact he looks like hes from the jungle book, the heart planeteer shall be known as Mowgli):

Bad guy: "Muahahahahaha! you shall never stop my dastardly attempt at cutting down this rainforest, just like 10,000 other companies do every day across the world! Muahahahaha!"

Mowgli: "I summon the power of......"

Bad Guy: "OH NO IT'S A PLANETEER! I'M GONNA GET MY ASS KICKED"

Mowgli:"......Heart!"

Bad Guy: "What. The. Hell? Heart? What's that supposed to do? Summon a million Gummi Bears to come and attack me with flowers? Hahahahahahaaaaa! I suppose I better cower in fear that I may ge......"

*heart explodes*

VENOMfanFAN
LlaughingL

Friggin' hilarious

yerssot
wow, one of those series I'm dying to forget forever

VENOMfanFAN
It wasnt all that bad, yerssot

the lead 'superhero' had a green mullet, there was a useless person who looked like Mowgli, and the mutated evil chick was kind of hot.

Where is the downside?

VållèjºKîd707
Captain Planet is still on.... but at 5:30 in the morning laughing out loud

LimeLight
I remember watching it but Im not sure if I ever decided if I liked it or not. It was pretty corney.

G.P
Same here... I sometimes use some lines from it for unexplained reasons... stick out tongue

Red Superfly
Green mullets are all the rage these days too.

GODAMMIT! Why is the mullet back in vogue????????

RoguePw25
Miti couls use "heart" to talk to the other Planeteers telepathically. I guess they were just getting the four elements of the earth and then almost saying that heart was the strongest. I mean, with anything, without heart, what can you do??

misha
OMG CAPTAIN PLANET ROX!!! or...rocked....sad that was the coolest show!

VENOMfanFAN
Burn stuff, shake stuff, drown stuff, and blow stuff away? confused

yerssot
everything besides the green mullet? stick out tongue

VENOMfanFAN
Touche, yerssot

yerssot
but it was so cool when they brought their rings together eek!

cLoVi€
the girl of wind was from somewhere here happy

VENOMfanFAN
big grin

What was Captain Planets "Evil Counterpart's" name again?

filmfreak653
Hey, does anyone know if I can still buy those rings the kids had? We're making a movie, and we need the ring for the "heart" kid. It's a comedy.

Altar[1stONE]
God man thank you for finally ranking on that stupid mogli kid. the way the idiot said it too was funny. thank you i cant type any more i have to finish laughing lmao!!! laughing laughing laughing laughing

Dazzler619
Man, I miss that show =(

RoguePw25
me too. It comes on at like 4:30 in the morning on Cartoon Network. I've taped a few episode when I was up.

Napalm
That show was horrible!

NicktheBassist
WHAT! that show was awesome, have a sense of humor. The Mowgli kid was sooo cool (sarcastically), but still i loved the exploding heart story, red superfly... laughing

Dazzler619
That Mowgli kid was Ma-Ti

Red Superfly
Wasn't the fire guy called Wheeler? Who the hell christens their kid wheeler? Maybe he was born in the land of Oz as the Gnome King's son and adopted by an American couple?

And you can tell that Mowgli kid was jealous of all the other planeteers. You could tell by the look on the face that he desperately wanted to put his finger into Wheelers ring...........

That sick f**k.

***S***
I have tried wrapping my head around that one for the last 10 years or so

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.