Blade vs Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bardock
who do you think would win this fight.

Austinzilla
blade

Daywalker
This is a pretty good match. I used to think the Punisher was nothing more than a raving maniac toting guns but after seeing a few of the newer comics and watching Thomas Jane in action, I like him alot better. Blade is an excellent fighter with vampire abilities and a pretty good arsenal,probably nothing like the Punisher's though.

Blade is stronger, faster and more durable so he beats the punisher there but the Punisher has a larger arsenal of weaponry and very skilled at using them.

For the simple fact that Frank would more than likely need prep time to take Blade out, i'm going with Blade.

ScarletSpider
I would go with my ol' bud Frank. Military training out the wazoo, an arsenal to rival most countries, and his 'Nam experience. I'm not saying Blade is a pushover or anything, and both men have nothing to lose, so it would be a pretty good fight to see.

Katt
I'd go with Castle

Rabid_Wolverine
very hard to chose.

i'd say a tie.

SUPERMANDAMAN
IT ALL DEPENDS ON IF PUNISHER HAD TIME TO TO PLAN IF SO IT WOULD GO TO HIM IF NOT ID GO WITH BLADE

Spawnie
Blade would do it.

MudvanneJessy
I say Punisher
if u seen the movie u would know what im talking about

Daywalker
I saw the movie but I also saw Blade 1 & II. I think people take Blade's vampire ability for granted because he's dubbed a hero but his abilities are the same as any other supernatural creature of the night.

I like the Punisher but Blade can take him.

SeptemberRain
blade

Dark Vengeance
castle

IRTMU-Dragon
I bet blade would take this one!

Arachnoidfreak
There's already a thread on this.

bardock
it would be cool to see.

papablkbear
It would be a good fight but i have to give it to blade

VENOMfan
Punisher with pre-time

Blade without

moshtitan
same as venomfan

TheFilmProphet
Who would win?

TheFilmProphet
Any thoughts?

TheFilmProphet
I think The Punisher might win.

Nataku8188
How is punisher going to beat someone who is everything he is, and then some? Blade = Metahuman version of punisher.

crazyspinz
punnisher is abetter soldier than blade, and has more fire power, but blades vampire powers are too mutch for him, but if its the old comics blade, punnisher owns

Havoc470
yeah old blade versus old punisher, punisher would own him

now though, blade's gone 007 gadgets imo, and punisher is still kickass, but those damn gadgets are even strong against humans

crazyspinz
movie blade is way stronger than comic blade, he was basically crucified in both movies,( spikes through the wrists and stuff) then he kicked a gods ass. movie blade beats any punnisher, but after a long fire fight, or a short fist fight

Nataku8188
Or a very very short penis comparison. wink

crazyspinz
weird...

TheFilmProphet
Yeah thats what I meant when I said The Punisher would win Blade.

MERCILOUS
Punisher's almost always outmatched. He still takes home the Win. It's a matter of brains over brawn here. Daredevil has is far more gifted, Punisher still managees to shoot him. Wolverine is far more gifted, and yet he just can't get his claws on him. Ingenuity wins this one for the Punisher, Blade isn't even half of the crud Punisher's taken.

TheFilmProphet
Well I think the poll speaks for itself. The Punisher has 3 votes and Blade has 0.

MERCILOUS
Well i've seen alot of Blade vs. People he couldn't possibly beat threads lately (heck I even did one myself just to give people a reality check.) So i'm suprised Punisher isn't outvoted myself.

Nataku8188
He should be... Blade is everything Punisher is... with enhanced abilities. I mean, Frank has formal Marine training... Blade is trained in martial arts and highly accurate with firearms. Blade is tuned more to hunting his enemies, then just siting down and blasting away from behind a dumpster. Punisher can win if he brings out the big guns, or snipes blade. Otherwise im going with Blade. Even so, its like a 70/30 in blade's favor.

MERCILOUS
Well actually, Frank took extremely well to his training. He was practicaly perfect as soldier. And Frank would be the one who is more proficient with a firearm. But I think you're not including the Frank's wit. When he says "look, what's that." And you look you'd already be dead three times before you even thought about turning back around. I'm not saying Blade doesn't have street smarts. It's just comparing Frank's cunning to Blade's cunning is like Comparing Hulks strength to Blade's strength. Maybe i'm just too big a beleiver in brains over braun (although i seriously doubt it.)

TheFilmProphet
I agree

Mane
Blade wins. Nataku is right, he is everything the Punisher is, +1.

TheFilmProphet
Blade: 3 votes

The Punisher: 8 votes

I still go with The Punisher. evil face

MERCILOUS
If you want to do it by numbers then at least take into acount that punisher is significantly better with a firearm and *10 on cunning. Blade has some obvious advantages yes, but he is in no way EVERYTHING punisher is +1.

Abaddon
Punisher is extremely battle saavy. He has held his own vs. meta/super-humans in the past. I'd say Punisher is a poor Batman.

MERCILOUS
That's enough to do in Blade.

TheFilmProphet
Yeah but The Punisher actually goes in for the kill.

Abaddon
Very true.

MERCILOUS
I think Punisher could kill Blade as fast as Batman could incapacitate him.

muffin man
Blade he does have powers and guns of his own

Napalm
The punisher has an arsenal that bigger than most third world countries hes killed over 2000 criminals and always comes out alive

muffin man
yeah but he sucks with hand to hand combat

K3VIL
Blade has fought gods, demons, killed thousands of vampires, he has fought against vampires from when he was a teen ager.He's a master martial artist, he possess considerable firepower, and in hand to hand combat also comes in his titanium sword and the silver poles, he also possess Class 1 Ton Strenght, Superhuman Reflexes, Speed and Reaction Time, Superhuman Stamina and Healing Abilities, Super Senses and Resistance to Injury, and Night Vision.The Punisher stand a chance only if he's on a rooftop with a sniper rifle and he shoot at Blade, cause in hand to hand combat he would get owned, if DareDevil can own him and has human strenght, Blade can beat the living crap out of him.In a ranged starting fight, Punisher alway carries rifles and guns, but except for grenades, Blade can dodge the fire of guns and machine guns, and reach the Punisher in hand to hand range, broking the weapons with the sword and slashing him into pieces before he knows what the hell is happening in front of him.This is a fight that Castle can win only if his fanboys put him and Blade in a scenario where Castle is on a rooftop as said before or has the firepower of 10 S.W.A.T. teams and Blade has only his shotgun, modified U.Z.I., and hand to hand weapons.

MERCILOUS
Yeah in the movies. In the comics he was always too busy getting his ass wupped to do any of that. This is a much closer fight than you think.

Arsenal goes to the Punisher.
Strategy goes to the Punisher.
Fighting ability, Blade may be a "master martial artist" but Punisher has taken down like 40 guys with a shovel.
Physically Blade has every advantage but anyone who knows anything about fighting knows that fights don't necessarily go to the faster, stronger, tougher guy.

Oh yeah, and this thread does already exist.

K3VIL
In comics.Do you own Blade comics?Cause Blade with the Midnight Sons go against Lilith and save the world.Cause Blade in comics kills vampires even without the daywalker powers he achieve after the encounter with Morbius.Punisher take down 40 guys?In melee combat in comics Blade has take out more over than 40 vampires.
VAMPIRE>HUMAN
Blade>Punisher
In a hand to hand fight, the sociopath Frank Castle don't stand a chance.DareDevil always beat the living crap out of him.Blade can just punch him knocking him up into air making him shatter into a wall.
We aren't talking about fighting in REAL WORLD.It's comic book world.
Also i'd like to see how in real world someone with Blade's power would have problems with a human.

Napalm
The punisher has taken out 40 guys with a friggin shovel and come on castle dosent care about dieing Its not like blades gonna intimidate him

Napalm
Yeah right the punisher beat the russian with nothing but his bare hands

MERCILOUS
Lilith, by himself? I didn't think so. Of course he was accompanied by the Nightstalkers and the spirits of vengeance were most likely there. You did realize I meant 40 trained soldiers with guns at the same time right?
VAMPIRE WITH INFERIOR SKILL=(more or less)HUMAN WITH SUPERIOR SKILL
Blade=(mor or less)Punisher
I don't even know why you keep bringing up DD, It didn't look like he won when he got shot in the gut. DD could squeeze a few victories over Blade as well.

K3VIL
Do you read my reply?WITH THE MIDNIGHT SONS.WITH.I don't write ALONE.Blade fought against trained vampires too, the guards of vampires ambients like clubs, or safe houses, are all trained and stronger than low level vampires.DD wouldn't stand a chance in hell against Blade.It's fun to see you say it didn't look like he won when he got shot.SHOT.Cause in hand to hand combat with Blade, or DD, Castle will get the living crap beaten out of himself.He's physically more inferior than Blade, who's trained to beat supernatural enemies, not trained humans.

MERCILOUS
What's the point of trying to punch someone who telegraphs all your moves. Shooting DD doesn't make Punisher less of a fighter, It makes him smart, which is part of the reason I beleive he could pull out a victory.

Besides, Blade would be dead a hundred times over with Hannibal King around to save his ass all the time.

Nightstick
While it is unlikely that Castle would go hand to hand with Blade. Prefering of course to hit him at a distance or blow him up etc. He is at least capable of fending Blade off a melee range until he can use a weapon. If a ranged weapon is not in the area. Frank will stand a decent chance anyway. The Punisher routinely goes hand to hand with Wolverine. Guess what he doesn't get gutted infact half the time he wins. He is also capable of going hand to hand with Captain America. Cap called him one in a million as he was able to stomp Caps sheild to the ground while it was in flight. Captain America considers him in peak physical condition, and more or less in his own "Weight class". Castle's reflexes are unreal not only did he manage to shoot both Daredevil and Spider-man(who had warning), but he also kicked Spider-man. He freaking kicked Spider-man alright. Spider-man not only has amazing reflexes like Blade, but his are coupled with a danger sense. As to strength the Punisher fought the Russian in close quarters combat with only the contents of an apartment building. He survived multiple strikes from the Russian, who was capable of twisting assault rifles into pretzels. A number of these blows were made with a steel toilet. Later when the Russian came back with cybernetic enhancments and K.O'd Spider-man in like a single hit Frank still managed to sustain numerous blows. As to the Punishers own strength he once hit a polar bear with enough force to rock its head and visible stun it. He has also grapled arm to arm with Wolverine who can lift some thing like 800 pounds. All in all Frank is no feather weight when it comes to physical confrontations with street level heroes. If he had prep-time or the ability to enter this scenario from a distance or fully armed then I am pretty much sure he would win.

gamewarrior
Hello! names gamewarrior. Can i join in. Im with punisher, I mean
the guy has skills and loads of guns. Hes like batman a loner and a dark avenger except he doesnt have much money like bruce wayne does.

gamewarrior
Nightstick is rhit punisher is no push-over when it comes to guns or physical confrontations. No one should be underestimated

gamewarrior
Im with punisher hes strong, smart and has serious skills on the gun and fists.

Napalm
The punisher can stun a friggin polar bear so baldes gonna have trouble hand to hand

Mainstream
true.

muffin man
when did he stun the polar bear

Mainstream
beats me.

muffin man
well he could be talking out his @$$

Mainstream
...okay.

Napalm
One time he actually fought a polar beat and one blow sent that bear down

muffin man
and ISSUE numbers titles of series cause you could have dreamed it.

Napalm
"As to the Punishers own strength he once hit a polar bear with enough force to rock its head and visible stun it."

Mainstream
cool consider Punisher strenght is just human and all.

muffin man
yep.

Mainstream
indeed

Napalm
Mike tyson could probally do that too

muffin man
not going to comment

Napalm
But hed probally bite its ear off

Mainstream

muffin man
laughing

K3VIL
Prep time or Fully armed.I'm talking of hand to hand fight with Blade.
Captain America and Wolverine are both Class 800 Pounds of Strenght, Blade is 1Ton, more than twice of their strenght.He's faster, has considerable healing abilities and superhuman resistance to injuries and pain.He's not a human.He can be hit by bullets and continue fighting.Yes a shotgun hitting him in a leg or arm would slow him, but i'm talking of hand to hand here.If Castle with his high trained human reflexes can stop Cap's shield, so would Blade, who is a high trained daywalker=superhuman being.Blade get stabbed, slashed, shattered into walls or hitted by superhuman beings and was still stay here and fighting, both in comic books and movies.Blade in a comic book free himself from iron chains, then broke a steel door and kill the vampire gang in the house where he was imprisoned.He then killed the two leaders of the vampire gang, both quite strong, first he kill the maleone, then the female one bite him on the neck, and he continue fighting, throwing her away for several feets like a puppet and beheaded her.

SnakeEyes
I think Punisher would take it

Napalm
The puniser reliably takes out wolverine so blade will have a nasty surprise

IRTMU-Dragon
If im not mistaken Punisher has no super-abilities like blade who has enhanced senses, in-human strength, amazing acrobatic ability, and he is just all around super-human.
The punisher is some guy with some good weaponry and a trench-coat. That wont help him against a sword to the guts, but blades abilities will help him against a bullet to the guts.

Nataku8188
Blade is overated based only on his profile info. If people actually read the comics, they'd back him up with more than just "Class X strength, superhuman speed, slashed up a vampire super fast, etc."

1) Blade has been crucified, and physicly torn himself off of the cross and healed within the hour. In older comics, however, he's suffered bullet wound level damage and taken days to heal. What am I saying? Blade's powers flux and change, based on the story and the writer.

2) Blade rarely, if ever, encounters other members of the marvel universe. If you compare Punisher's first couple dozen comics vs blades, you'll definitly vote Blade. Now, if we had Blade with as many comics as Punisher, he would've been exposed to many writers and many more situations, thus enabling us to see more of his ability. What am I saying? Blade's powers are too shady to truly define, ATM.

BTW, any fight in which punisher beats wolverine, is just stupid. I mean, we have Wolverine beat guys like Ogun, then he can't whoop on PUNISHER?? Come on, the guy is pretty cool, but he's just a human, even if peak human. Marvel's characters are very inconsistent, and a lot of their plots are full of holes and stupidty. As in why DD villains don't just carry boomboxes to confuse him, or why X-men villains never just set landmines so the X-folk just walk on them. C'mon now people, don't tell me you haven't read a comic where you laughed out loud at how stupid a character was for not taking complete advantage of an obvious weakness.

Nightstick
It was in Ennis's first graphic novel. I don't remember the exact issue. He was on the run from Ma Gucci's and company who had chased him into the Zoo so he went into the Polar bear pen. Punched the bear, it had the " big eye" look thing things get when stunned in comics. And their were movement lines to show it's head rocking. Mind you he didn't fight the bear. He hit it once retreated and let it eat his pursuers.

Nightstick
I am just wondering are you saying that Blade could take Captain America or Wolverine? You know according the Marvel Encyclopedia Blade is in the normal human range as far as strength goes. That aside though. Why in the world would Frank go hand to hand with Eric? Not only that, but Wolverine and Captain America have both displayed some insane feats of strength Wolverine after all can pick up Colossus and throw him over a decent distance with enough force to knock some one unconscious. Hitting Blade hard enough or in the right place has proved capable of slowing him down, pumping him full of bullets, grenades, rpgs, claymore mines, plastic explosives, stinger missles etc will do more then briefly slow him down. If you doubt that the Punisher can hit Blade. Remember that the Punisher managed to shoot Spider-man. Who not only has reflexes like Blades, but also a danger sense. It is also importent to note that the Punisher sat their and told Spider-man he was going to shoot him so it was in the heat of battle with all sort of things coming at Spidy. It was single well placed shot. Frank infact had enough accuracy to hit him in a none lethal area as he had no wish to kill Spidy. Just to prove the point that he could shoot him.

Not necessarily. Cap has pegged Thor with his shield and Thors reflex/speed is far in excess of Blades and his actual fighting/training is at least comparable. The Marvel Encyclopedia actually rates the Punisher higher in fighting skills the either of them.

You know as sad as it may be so has the Punisher.

Cool. The Punisher has done some damn impressive stuff to. It might take a while, but if you want me to dig it up I can.

Nightstick
It's not just Marvel. Most comic companies are guilty of these sorts of oddities. Does the name Batman ring a bell. As to Wolverine and Punisher fighting. Wolverine is definitely super human, but not so super human that a fit human can't fight him. Exspecialy a fit human with Franks build, strength, and skill.

K3VIL
Ns, Blade is not normal human strenght.Check www.marvel.com to see it.There are some other sites where is stated he's Class 1Ton.
You pull in Captain America hitting Thor with the shield, you're talking about the issue where Thor was fighting with Iron Man in the "Thor Buster" armor powered by Odin's Force?Cause it was clear Thor was catched in a lack of attention and holding back from hitting one of his greatest and best friends and commrades.When he hit Cap with Mjolnir, he damaged the shield and throw Cap away for a distance like 40feets with no effort.And remember, he damage the shield, the unbreakable adamantium + vibranium shield.
Back in topic, Blade's reflexes are superhuman but not those of Spider-Man.You say Castle was able to hit Spider-Man.In my own opinion it's a no sense thing.I read lot of comics where Spidey dodge bullets from the Punisher with ease.Just cause they let Punisher hit him it doesn't mean he can.Like Wolverine beating Lobo.Fanboys let him doing it, but he can't.Blade has dodge bullets before, and in a firepower fight, yes Punisher has the advantage, he's an army man, he has sufficient number of weapons to wipe out S.W.A.T. teams, but it's a no sense battle cause it's easy put him in a scenario with various weapons at his disposition against Blade who has inferior firepower and cannot simply dodge grenades and rockets throwed at him.

Nightstick
They has been more then one instance when Captain America has tagged Thor and other super humans with his shield. Regardless of weather or not you like it The Punisher can shoot Spider-man when he feels like it. For the most part he won't do anything to kill Spider-man as Frank sees him as annoying, but an innocent all the same. This is different from the Lobo, Wolverine thing as it happened in a Spider-man comic and was not vote based. As to the Wolverine, Lobo fight the companies let it happen. So their is at least some validity to it weather fanboys like it or not. So it is a none-sense battle to equip the Punisher in a way common to him? If both had their normal gear and fought in a way regular to them. The Punisher would win. If you dropped them in a 10x10 room with no weapons. Then yeah the Punishers chances decrees, but Blade still wont take him with out a fight. Though which is more likely the two of them going after each other with their respective gear and tactics or the random battle to the death with no weapons in a confined space?

MERCILOUS
I think in every area except 2 Punisher is obviously outclessed, but i think those are enough for Castle to get a victory. This first is the obvious, the arsenal, i need not explain that one. The second is Franks recoursefulness in tandem with his survival skills. Remember when he beat the Russian with Spiderman's knocked out body? Or when he got away with wolvie by clubing him with a bat in the nads, blowing his face off and putting him under a steam roller? The guy very well may actually have a devil ih his pocket (as hinted to in his Origin story.) Chances are Blade would end up over a half dead Castle ready to go in for the kill when suddenly he gets a screwdriver in the eye, a face full of acid and a wooden chair leg for a steak in the heart.

K3VIL
Punisher is a man.Blade normally kick humans bodies up into air or throw them at walls with No Effort.You can talk about the Russian all the time you want, that fight is a forced fight.The Punisher must survive they let him doing it.What about Blade kicking him out of a window from the 5th floor of a building, then Blade jump, land near him and shatter the Punisher's body into the ground with a cross punch.Would be fun to see him still alive after that.

MERCILOUS
Well that's rather limited. And they can "let him doing it" all they want, cause that's what the Punisher does, he survives.

snoopdogg
Blade wins 7/10. Has most advantages in this fight.

Darth Martin
Punisher is outclassed in this fight.

Fighting Ability=Blade, fights gods like Deaacon Frost or Dracula.

Arsenal=Punisher,Blade prefers bladed edged weapons over guns but Blade has enough guns for Punisher.

Exp.This is a toughie. Catsle has exceptional military training. Blade is a trained hunter,killer,fighter since Adolescence stage.

Physicality=Punisher is a Human. Blade is a Daywalker/Superhuman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.