THEFORCE.net

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Okay, I have to say something so I can get your guy's thoughts out there. Is it just me, or is theforce.net becoming more and more worthless as the days go by?

NoMeN
TFN SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

amity75
It's pretty bad and it takes ages to open the webpage anyway.

super shadow GL
no trash talk about TF.net!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bILLYgOAT
i get my news from here now

yerssot
pfff, compared to when EpII was being made, I'm very happy now that they don't think of themselves anymore as the "uber-fan website" which was an absolute laugh

with EpIII they still perhaps have a bit of that in them, but it certainly isn't that bad anymore, of course they keep filling their homepage up with utter crap to make people believe they are very active (but come on, who gives a damn that some geezer that you saw for 3 seconds in the back is now 85 or something??)

FatBrit
I only go the TFN.net forums for the costuming, there also one of the best sources for fanfilms and such

but killermovies caters for my spoiler needs now smile

Rabid_Wolverine
tf.net is real. unlike ss.com

FatBrit

super shadow GL
you dam right!!!!!!!!

Sith Master X
Oh yeah. I find it to be ok, I visit their site often enough, it's nothing too over the top though.

SMX
cool

moonwalker741
i hav no problem wit tfn, but i usually get my info here, and plus thers always opinions from other ppl to tel if info is right or wrong, the only thing i use tfn for is the ep3 fan art..haha

Creechuur
When Ep 2 was being made, TFN WAS a good site. Its pretty weak now.

I get more info here as well, and this site opens faster. smile

treadline
TFN was great last summer and fall when their spy reports were coming in, but lately its been pretty lame. They usually just pass on Insider or Hyperspace info, or links to interviews. Their spoilers are pretty accurate, though, and hopefully the content will improve soon.

LanİeWindu
Who needs TFN nowadays? Hyperspace is the way to go.

Sith Master X
Oh boy, here comes the HS debate. laughing

SMX
cool

LanİeWindu
Well, it's great...plus after all the Spy Reports dried up at TFN, they really only have Fan Art/Links/Interviews.

Sith Master X
Yeah HS isn't all that bad, I just don't like the charge on it but half that stuff ends up on the boards here anyway so I can't be complaining. big grin

SMX
cool

OB1-adobe
Here is my list of things why I can't stand going to TFN, anymore and why I think there days are numbered:

1. Birthdays: Honestly, who gives a fuk.
2. Fan fiction stories: Again, honestly who gives a fuk.
3. Interviews with pointless people: Namely comic book artists. I appreciate any artist but who wants to listen to their stories.
4. Their stupid jokes in the humor section: I'm not laughing, your laughing, I'm not laughing.
5. Collectable info: kind of good, but I am willing to guess you collector got your info before they did.
6. Pointless editorials: I saw this movie, and they said Star Wars in it. Just to let you guys know.
7. Updates that are not really updates: The trailer for the OT DVDs that came out 3 weeks ago has a small preview of episode 3.
8.Pointless news Episode 3: According to the OS they are still working on the opening space battle effects.
9. Fan art: Good job to all, but it is nothing to get excited about.
10. Episode 3 rumors that make you think these guys are really reaching: This guy we know who works in San Fransco whos brother's, cousins, girlfriend's, former roomates, sister, daughter in laugh who works at ILM said there is a possibilty of battle of some kind with Chewie and the Emporer. So this has made wonder- Is Chewie the Emporer in disguise?

moonwalker741
^ for sum reason, i actually agree with all of that

darktim1
the only thing that I don't like is that they don't put pics on the site for non-hyperspace members for now may force be with you.

finti
TFN`s troulble is they have to put in something in this time when very liitle new stuff occure. So thats why yo get this chitty chatty plain boring stuff, just you wait when the info rate on ep III explode. Now I am not a TFN fan myself but even so.........

bigsef3
it has alot of useless crap there, but i challenge anyone to give me a link to a website that has more updates, updated more often about what is going on in the star wars universe

yerssot
erm... around 80% of those updates is about utter crap, bigsef...

NoMeN
I know a veryyyyyy veryyyy good one

http://www.thefarce.net

Hit"Em"Up
the reason why tf.n dosent post any ep3 pics is because lucas is a money craved lunatic.

for christ sake tf.n had a pic of tarkin up and lucas threatened to sue tf.n if they didnt take it down.

yerssot
what's wrong with that? they were breaking the rules

Hit"Em"Up
heres what i dont get. lucas says this is for TRUE Fans.

the guy has millions of bucks and he needs to be greedy by

making hyperspace. dont get me all wrong i enjoy it. but making certain things exclusive on a site dosent make me think that lucas cares abought the fans.

cornponious
We all know what happened to me, and I was glad to take down the server. But what I am wondering is this:

TF.N has TONS of fan trailers hosted on their site. Many of these trailers not only contain footage from EIII, but contain the actual LFL logo!

Why hasn't Lucas requested that THESE be taken down due to copyright infringement?

corn

Hit"Em"Up
why the hell would lucas make hyperspace if he gona put ther same shit on the ep3 dvd?

yerssot
they explained why they did hyperspace months ago, read that first before you comment on it

Hit"Em"Up
look yerssot dont tell me what to do ok.

im no kid.

this is how you got me in trouble the first time.

Jedi Priestess
ok boys play nice

Sith Master X
Well said pal. wink

SMX
cool

OB1-adobe
These guys have reached a new low! They are saying happy to Poggle the Lesser. A cg character? As far as I know his voice was not narrated by someone, but it is a bunch of sound effects. Who are they saying happy birthday to?

yerssot
I take he did some movements? cause the voice is not only sound effects but also parts of Ben Burtt, if memory serves

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.