Superman Vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SUPERMANDAMAN
I THINK SUPERMAN HAS THIS ONE WHAT DO U THINK

Arachnoidfreak
This has been covered already. many times. just search the forum. Thor has it anyway, because his power is magic-based, and Superman is vulnerable to magic.

SUPERMANDAMAN
but hasnt superman beatin thor in the comics before?

Arachnoidfreak
If you mean the JLA/Avengers crossover, that was only done to please fans. Logically, Thor should annihilate Superman.

SUPERMANDAMAN
i want to know how thor would hit him considerin superman can travel near light speed not to mention he is as strong as thor if not stronger so im sure if superman went hypersonic on thor i think he would win

Arachnoidfreak
CHECK OTHER THREADS

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=291303&highlight=superman+vs+thor

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=293577&highlight=superman+vs+thor

Austinzilla
dude Thor is a fricking Norse god! of course hed beat an alien!

SUPERMANDAMAN
well all im sayin is he beat him in the comics and how is thor gon to catch super man anyways?

FrothByte
although thor is not as fast as superman, it has been stated that thor is as fast as the lightning he commands (or was it thunder?). but anyway, thor should be fast enuf to take on supes. just check the other threads.

SUPERMANDAMAN
but guys who won in the comics and hulk has beatin thor and superman has beatin the hulk so that should also mean somthing.

Jamaican
I personally think that if they went at it, w/o knowing anything about the other opponent, Superman would win. I dont think Thor would figure out soon enough that Supes' is vulnerable to Magic. I do however think Supes is smart enough to realize that Mjolnir is his biggest threat, and would find a way of taking that away from Thor. But if they knew each others powers/weaknesses, Supes would be toast....

Then theres also the possibility of Supes taking Mjolnir away from Thor and using it. Now considering that the hammer states that only 'someone who is worthy shall pick it up', (and Wonder Woman has picked it up before) so surely Supes would be able to (who else is more worthy). Now imagine Supes w/ the Hammer against Thor....umm yeah

Oh, i forgot, if memory serves correctly, we have seen Kalel pick up the Hammer before...

Magee
lol superman beat thor to please the fans? I think a lot more people like Thor than supes so i dont know where ur getting that from arachnoidfreak. Also if this was a fight were they know nothing of the others existence Superman has a better chance than Thor winning. As in JLA/Avengers united 4 thor recognises superman beat him but on the other hand says it might be different the next time since he's got his number (knows his abilities, weaknesses etc, not phone number stick out tongue). so im sticking with Superman.

Arachnoidfreak
I dont know where you are getting that Thor is more popular than Superman. Superman is the ORIGINAL superhero, as well as a classic. People that don't even like comic books love Superman, while not even knowing that Thor is IN comic books(he is a character of Norse mythology first, comic character second). You can thank the movies for that.

Austinzilla
maybe the original DC superhero, but marvel came first...the early 1900s, and the first superhero they ever created was Namor the Sub-Mariner, and the second (believe it or not) was The Human Torch....i read the book about the entire history of Marvel Comics...DC came a little bit after

Austinzilla
but in theory, Thor came first....ancient Norse mythology

Never
LoL, this guy's grammar reminds me of someone else's...

That battle was horribly written considering Thor has myriad weapons at his disposal with which he could, at the very least, stalemate Superman.

Superman cannot use Mjolnir against Thor.

Not sure Thor would have to figure out that Superman is vulnerable against magic considering he uses Mjolnir what, 99% of the time in his battles? And how would Superman have the upper hand if he did not know exactly how powerful Mjolnir is?

Jamaican
Why wouldn't Superman be able to use Mjolnir against Thor, is he invulnerable from it? I'm not a big Thor reader, so I wouldnt know about him using it 99% of the time, but the few comics I have read on him he barely uses it, maybe just coincidence.

And this guy does remind me of someone else, types just like him, except maybe a little better grammatically...

Never
Hmm, let me ask what do you mean by "using" Mjolnir? Simply waving it around or clunking Thor with it?

Or "using" as in commanding it?

If the former, he has picked it up before, yes...but what's to stop Thor from summoning Mjolnir back to himself?

If the latter (which is what I thought you meant), then nay.

Will also point out that a compelling argument can be made for Superman defeating Thor, but considering Mjolnir can simply absorb all of Superman's energy and disconnect him from his source of power...not to mention that Thor is at the very least AS strong as Superman, and is quick enough...and Mjolnir has made the allegedly "invulnerable" Superman bleed...?

Arachnoidfreak
1938 is the early 1900s. Superman is widely recognized as the first comic book superhero. Marvel didn't actually become Marvel until Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, and Jack Kirby started pumping characters out of their asses(seemed as if every time one of them took a shit, they made a new character, look how many they made!)

ScarletSpider
I say thee NAY! I throw my cards in with Thor. Beating up Frost Giants since the 13th century b.c.

SUPERMANDAMAN
yea in the recent marvel vs avengers superman had thors hammer and captain americas shield and it was tight as crap

Jargon343
Well being as fast as lightning and as fast as thunder are two very different things smile. Lightning is light speed, or 180 thousand kilometers a second, and thunder is the speed of sound, or (I think) 1200 feet per second.

SUPERMANDAMAN
sry bout that i meant avengers vs jla,but i dont think thor can move at the speed of light or else i have never seen him move that fast but i have seen superman keeping up with the flash and flash moves at bout light speed

Never
The thing that many people point out is that Superman VERY rarely uses his speed during a fight - not to say that he WOULD not (and he did not against Thor), but he rarely does.

JuggernautFan
even if superman uses his super speed i doubt it would be the deciding factor. why?? because in the infinity gauntlet series, the silver surfer traveled a little over a light year in the span of a few moments trying to take the infinity gauntlet from thanos' hand. that would make silver surfer not only as fast as light, but many many many times faster. if silver surfer can travel that fast, and thor can not only keep up with him, but over power him. how is it that it would make a difference for superman? it wouldn't. but that doesn't mean that superman can't win in other ways.

SUPERMANDAMAN
well all i know is superman beat thor before so thats good enough for me

Never
I agree, JF.

And um Supermandaman Wolverine ALSO beat Lobo is a crossover series but we know THAT was bullshit, don't we?

Arachnoidfreak
Hitman beat Lobo too in a crossover series, that was total bullshit.

SUPERMANDAMAN
whoa guys dont get all bitchy with me u can get mad at the writers but u know what untill thor becomes more popular than superman superman will always win and its not up to u who wins if marvel and dc both went in and approved the comic then i guess that they both agreed with what happened in it. but i guess yall would know more about it then them.

FrothByte
glad we agree that superman's win was on popularity basis. anyway, thor has way lots more powers stacked to his profile. if one doesn't work on superman, he can use all the others he has (and most of it is magical in nature). with that being said, its like that wolverine vs. batman fight. altho wolvi is a totally bad ass fighter, batman has too much arsenal to his weaponry to beat the crap out of wolvi. same could be said about thor.

Arachnoidfreak
If his win is based on popularity(which it is), then who wins IS up to us, the fans. What do you think popularity is based on? There are just waaay too many ignorant Superman fanboys out there that will never admit that Thor would kick his ass.

SUPERMANDAMAN
well superman sure wore his ass out in the comics so im goin to go by that cause if it was approved by marvel and dc then its good enough for me

crazyspinz
well lets see
superman is a reporter
thor is A GOD

superman flys around in blue and red tights
thor is A GOD and whears armour of GODS

superman used to be normal superman, then he was some crazy energy superman, then some other crazy crap, now hes normal super man again
thor is was and always has been A GOD

'nuff said

emraldguardian
Im going with Superman on this one, He tore him up in JLA vs Avengers , my favorite part was when Superman stoped Thors hammer and then knocked him out with one punch. It looked like the avengers were going to pass out from the shock of seeing Thor get beat.

Mane
^^ follow Never's input, for he is wise beyond your wildest dreams.

clarkkent
Superman was a character even before DC. He was in a comic strip...

supremthor
lightning bolts travel at speeds up to 93,000 miles per second light moves at 186,000 miles pr second superman moves at 184,140 thats 99/100 the speed of light

supremthor
superman was really created in 1934 but cam out 1938

crazy
Isn't there a comic that says that Thor isn't a god and Odin was really an alien or something.. .something along those lines.

wrathofachilles
I don't know that comic, but Thor is a god nevertheless. A god is just a term describing an immortal being that is part of a system of worship, which Thor is/was. Every comic I've read states that Odin was created just like the mythological Odin, who was the son of Bor, who was the son of Buri, who was created in the primordial ice that birthed Ymir, who was later killed and his body created Midgard/Earth. Odin basically created the Earth, but he wasn't an alien in the sense that he came here from a distant planet.

Bardock42
Someone knows his Viking Mythology, eh?
But anyway where the hell does Superman travel that fast I mean I read comics only for 8 years now but I never saw him travel at the speed of light and I remember him keeping up with Barry Allen on some kind of Race but that sure wasn't anywhere near the speed of light, maybe he can reach that in space (even though I doubt it) but he never seems to use it to knock oput the Doomsdays, oh well maybe he can do it and just doesn't know about it he doesn't seem to be that bright anyway. But still you Thor is fast too and mos of his attacks are magical which is a big problem for Supes so I think he could take him.
And don't we talk in this forum to discuss our opinion if we only say but in a comic someone beat the other we could just close the forum, And c'mon Storm beat Wonder Woman, Wolverine beat Lobo, comic authors are not infailible.

Oh and maybe you refer to Stargate were they say the Asgards are Aliens and Thor is one of their Commanders (possible eved though that is not a marvel comic if I recall right)

supremthor
superman after a fewmin in the sun
http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=6534&mode=search

supremthor
super vs thor http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=5930&mode=search

wrathofachilles
Well I'm a historian by profession so yeah I know my mythology. As for Superman, he's not as fast as he used to be, like he was Pre-Crisis. Back then though he was as fast, strong, powerful, and indestructable as the situation called for.

Ugh, don't even mention the Storm/Wonder Woman fight, that makes me sick. That writer should have been taken out back and shot. You don't EVER listen to fans. That's like listening to voters during an election!! It makes no sense!

supremthor
laughing laughing laughing

Bardock42
Haha that is so true.
Even though I still don't understand how that could happen why is Storm more popular than Wonder Woman.
I mean of course she is an annoying Character but no one seems to care that Superman is too. Actually she is kind of a female Superman so why do people like storm more than her.

K3VIL
From STARNET Metahuman database:

Superspeed: Superman is capable of enhanced reflex action and the ability to move at incredible speeds by sheer force of will. He is not quite as fast as the Flash and cannot achieve lightspeed under his own power, but can reach a high speed percentage of lightspeed in normal space. Superman can match most other speedsters in their ability to perform superfast movements, reactions, and processes. He can use this power to disarm opponents without heightened reflexes, catch bullets or shrapnel or cross vast distances in seconds. He has been seen flying from the Moon to the Earth in under 2 minutes. That is the equivalent of 2000 miles per second or 1% the speed of light. The source of this power remains unexplained.

And this is the actual Supe.The POST-CRISIS Supes.
He cannot reach lightspeed.It's 1% of lightspeed.And Thor has fought with fast guys, like Hyperion of the Squadron Supreme, so he can put down Superman, Mjolnir and his strenght, and the GodForce Blast will do the job

supremthor
it says his been seen moving at 1% of lightspeed it never sajd that was his limit

Fanboy
Well it has been proved by this comic guy Superman is more Powerful then Thor so I go with Superman.

DigiMark007
Er, wasn't there another crossover where they fought to a standstill and Thor definitely hurt Supes quite a bit. This JLA/Avengers crossover seems to be different than that.

Both have similarly awesome feats...both have vanquished hella-tough opponents. Lobo lost to Wolverine in a crossover, and Thor's powers are magic based. I vote Thor.

-DM

big mike
thor the bomb

whirlysplat
Superman as in everytime this thread is done big grin

yahman

olympian
"Have you ever read a Superman Comic, or even read anything about Superman. The following people are all Gods and Superman has kicked the crap out of all of them
Kallibach , Granny Goodness, Orion, Darksied, Bardra, Mr Miracle "

There is a difference. Theyr lame gods. Norse and Greek arent. theyr the originals together with others bub. Respect the elders wink

"'Then there's also the possibility of Supes taking Mjolnir away from Thor and using it"

If we go by what is canon in Jla/Avengers he cant. Hes not worthy enough according to the norse warrior code of honor.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by olympian
"Have you ever read a Superman Comic, or even read anything about Superman. The following people are all Gods and Superman has kicked the crap out of all of them
Kallibach , Granny Goodness, Orion, Darksied, Bardra, Mr Miracle "

There is a difference. Theyr lame gods. Norse and Greek arent. theyr the originals together with others bub. Respect the elders wink

"'Then there's also the possibility of Supes taking Mjolnir away from Thor and using it"

If we go by what is canon in Jla/Avengers he cant. Hes not worthy enough according to the norse warrior code of honor.

I see and Odin who plucked out his own eye is coolconfused

Hercules who is a rapist in myth is coolconfused

Well alrighty thenbig grin

-Whirlyrock

yahman
'I see and Odin who plucked out his own eye is cool

Hercules who is a rapist in myth is cool

Well alrighty then'

LOL

Doesn't Atlas get the really amazing job of holding up the Sky all day?

Nice !!!!!!!! cool cool
roll eyes (sarcastic)

'Are you serious!!!!!!!! Somethings are so stupid they are too funny to get mad with.
Do you really think that the pretences of using the hammer to beat Thor will make Superman worthy enough to lift it ???????'

Sorry I ve just read what i wrote and it doesn't really make any sense sad
I Kinda meant what he said
'If we go by what is canon in Jla/Avengers he cant. Hes not worthy enough according to the norse warrior code of honor.'

It just made me laugh so much.

snoopdogg
Once Superman takes Thors hammer away Thor will go down.

Even with the hammer Thor goes down.

olympian
"I see and Odin who plucked out his own eye is cool

Well alrighty then'"

Sure its cool. Its hardcore. And hercules rapist is something it was done at Dc comics with Wonder woman not mythology.

"Doesn't Atlas get the really amazing job of holding up the Sky all day?

Nice !!!!!!!! "

He is not suposse to enjoy it. Its call an eternal punishment.

"'Are you serious!!!!!!!! Somethings are so stupid they are too funny to get mad with. "

Two words: Pre Crisis.

yahman
'Doesn't Atlas get the really amazing job of holding up the Sky all day?

Nice !!!!!!!! "

He is not suposse to enjoy it. Its call an eternal punishment'

LOL hahahahahahahahahah

laughing

You properly ripped me there !!!!!!

laughing laughing

whirlysplat
"I see and Odin who plucked out his own eye is cool

Well alrighty then'"

Sure its cool. Its hardcore. And hercules rapist is something it was done at Dc comics with Wonder woman not mythology.

"Doesn't Atlas get the really amazing job of holding up the Sky all day?

Nice !!!!!!!! "

He is not suposse to enjoy it. Its call an eternal punishment.

"'Are you serious!!!!!!!! Somethings are so stupid they are too funny to get mad with. "

Two words: Pre Crisis.

I think you'll find many gods used duplicity and "raped" women. Vikings were known for it. Hercules also murdered his kids, thats so cool confused

olympian
"I think you'll find many gods used duplicity and "raped" women. Vikings were known for it. Hercules also murdered his kids, thats so cool "

I didnt said there werent rape stories. Myths are adult themes mostly. Not kids. Even so Heracles wasent one of them. You must be thinking the amazons thing. Thats Dc invention at Wonder Woman. He asked for the girdle. Hyppolita liked him and saw his intentions true. It was when Hera made the amazons belive he was raping the queen of amazons that they attacked and Heracles thinking he felt to a trap, killed as many as he could. He got the girdle and sailed out of the island.

The other version does indeed talk about rape but it was with Hypollitas sister and involved Theseus not Heracles.

And Whyrly. He killed his kids and wife because of being mind controlled by Hera. "Hera madness" you know. Thats why he chosed to do the labours. To attone his sins.

whirlysplat
"I think you'll find many gods used duplicity and "raped" women. Vikings were known for it. Hercules also murdered his kids, thats so cool "

I didnt said there werent rape stories. Myths are adult themes mostly. Not kids. Even so Heracles wasent one of them. You must be thinking the amazons thing. Thats Dc invention at Wonder Woman. He asked for the girdle. Hyppolita liked him and saw his intentions true. It was when Hera made the amazons belive he was raping the queen of amazons that they attacked and Heracles thinking he felt to a trap, killed as many as he could. He got the girdle and sailed out of the island.

The other version does indeed talk about rape but it was with Hypollitas sister and involved Theseus not Heracles.

And Whyrly. He killed his kids and wife because of being mind controlled by Hera. "Hera madness" you know. Thats why he chosed to do the labours. To attone his sins.

actually in one version it does make reference to Hercs rape and yes I know he killed his kids, didnt he kill his twin in the womb as I remember as well.

olympian
No. To both btw. Cannon myth never had him as a rapist unlike some other known heroes.

Now if you mean bedding more than one woman. Then yes, alot of them.

guy222
thor ftw

D-Block
Thor wins he's just more powerful IMO but it would be a good battle.

Horrificus
Thor has a hat with little wings on it. So, I think he would win!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.