Yoda and Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sakov
I've heard that Yoda has a confrontation with Sidious and ends up losong. It it safe to say that Yoda puts of at least some resistance? It would upset me too much to see Yoda effortlessly torn down. What do others make of this?

Darth_Duffy
its been rumored that sideous' disfigurement in ROTJ is caused by yoda

Jayd265
its gotta be from yoda unless for some reason they put sidious falling in to lava to and getting out before ani which would be ridiculous

Sith Master X
How is Yoda the cause for that? I mean, I believe he is and all, but does anyone know what he does to cause Sidious his facial disfiguration?

SMX
cool

spadesmamma61
damn I must need glasses.....refresh my memory..what disfiguration?

Sith Master X
Disfiguration is something that is sort of not in shape or not symetrical so to speak.

SMX
cool

cornponious
I've heard that Yoda has a confrontation with Sidious and ends up losong.

In ROTJ, didn't Yoda tell Luke :

"Do not underestimate the power of the emperor or suffer your father's fate you will."

It seems to me that this was said with some amount of hard-learned experience.

Yoda losing a battle with Palpy should segue into the ROTJ scene rather nicely.

corn

spadesmamma61
BOP! I KNOW that! I meant what is the disfiguration on Palpatine? laughing

cornponious
And I don't see Palpy as being disfigured. That's just the way he looks, as I see it.

corn

Sith Master X
Sorry Mamma. The disfiguration on Palpatine is his face, it's like....all messed up, badly wrinkled and stuff, but as Corn said and also made a good point, it may be just the way he looks. He is pretty old after all.

SMX
cool

spadesmamma61
oh ok.........thats what I was thinking that he was just old as dirt.

Xam
did i miss something?????lol

Rabid_Wolverine
yoda vs sidious is true but yoda does not lose. he underestimated palpatines power and expirienced it himself wich makes him flee.

Sith Master X
Sounds cool enough. Should make for one hell of a duel I hope.

SMX
cool

ABE LINCOLN
Palpy's got scars and stuff, spadesmamma...

actually, this theory is entirely plausible, I kinda believe it messed

peluffo
Maybe he is rotten by the long use of dark side?

bILLYgOAT
I read somewhere that his scars, disfigurement, wrinkles, creases etc etc etc etc ad-infinitum
Anakin was dying when rescued from the lava but the Palps stopped his death by using a dangerous sith-force power the result of which wreaked Palps body & face, but it was successful to a degree.

darktim1
I think yoda will win even against the emperior of the darkside for now may force be with you.

mephistodesigns
i vaguely remember reading or seeing an interview with Lucas where he said using the dark side, since the Sith try to control the natural flow of things (as opposed to the Jedi living in harmony with the flow of the Force) the Dark Side causes physical aging/weathering/whatever from its use. But it was a while ago that I heard this, he very easily could have changed his mind. However, I do think this whole Yoda Palpy fight is some fanboys dream as it seems the film is already nearing duel overload. It just seems too obvious a thing to do. But, I guess thats what his lightsaber is for? But I agree with spadesmamma, I think he's just old. I've poured over every Star Wars image in my possession (which is thousands) and I really don't see Palpatine as having "scars". He's just wrinkled and cracked looking cuz he's OLD.

U Neek
Lets just say that Palpatine was never disfigured (because his Senator persona never shows him as being disfigured), and that his disfigurement that is present in ROTJ is down to Yoda right? Well it could be that Palps and Yoda square off in Episode 3, and Palps throws a couple of force lightning bolts at Yoda. Rather then simply get rid of them (like he did with Dooku), Yoda repels them so they strike Palpatine, more to his face then any other part of his body. The reason behind Yoda repelling the force lightning bolts would be because Yoda honestly thinks Palpatine is going to finish him off and there is no other way to stop him. Because under normal circumstances, Yoda is a pretty patient fella who does not like violence as much as others.

Just a theory. It could happen.

Sith Master X
I could accept that theory U Neek. That's a possibility. Makes sense that the lightning could do that sort of damage or again, it could just be the way he looks. So many possibilities.

SMX
cool

Darth_Duffy
and lets not forget hes no spring chicken in ROTJ is he

Darth Jello
as far as i know, sidious' disfigurement is from anakin's force tantrum after becoming vader. it's not his natural age because he's not much older than Dooku in ROTJ

Sith Master X
I've heard that theory as well DJ. Man I'm getting confused! So many theories, so many possibilities. Can't wait to learn the real truth...if there is one.

SMX
cool

ABE LINCOLN
Could always be a convenient mixture of these possibilies, too.

Darth Jello
what we know for sure (based on ricky Mcallum) is that his rotting is not related to the dark side or natural causes, it's something that happens in episode 3

mephistodesigns
cuz he's so reliable.

Xam
oh boy!

Sith Master X
Dunno I find McCallum a little....strange. erm

SMX
cool

Darth Jello
well, he is director of the god damn film, what better source that will talk do you have?

yerssot
erm, DJ... if you refer to SMX his post... Lucas is the director, McCheese is the producer

amity75
I like McCallum, I think he's a pretty funny guy though I've often wondered if he and Lucas actually get on.

Sith Master X
lol Correct.

DJ, I was refering to his personality, as a source I agree, I would find him quite reliable. wink Just the way he acts such as using profanity everytime I see him, just doesn't always seem serious sometimes.

SMX
cool

yerssot
that and him generally talking about the same thing...

"...and it was the best experience I had ... and I can't remember for the life of me what you asked..."

darktim1
his face scars might have come from dooku he had emperiors piowers he might got mad at him thats just my opinion.

bILLYgOAT
did the sycophant have white powder on his jacket and a big red nose when he said this?

yerssot
there was a lot of room on his sweater to hide it in wink

Sith Master X
lol

SMX
cool

mephistodesigns
i was only making a subtle Suttle joke there. He's always calling McCallum all sort of things. I've only been to a couple of those online chats with him they had in the post Ep1/Pre-Hyperspace days so I don't know if he is or isn't. I've heard he does like to drop hints that don't pan out, or not in the way they are implied. But that was supposed to be sarcasm just for clarity.

Darth_Nefarus
Yoda vs. Sidious
Sidious begins to beat his ass, and then charges up a force fireball, to which Yoday lands a slight hit near Palpatine's face, then the fireball is thrown and it explodes. Yoda didn't actually explode, he used force vanish and eluded Sidious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.