Vision Vs Martian Man Hunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SUPERMANDAMAN
WHO WOULD WIN

DarkCrawler

Austinzilla
vision vs martain manhunter hmmm...erm

im going with vision, because the manhunters fights thrives on his telepathy...i think vision has this one

ScarletSpider
It's all about the Vision.

Never
MM.

SUPERMANDAMAN
I think im going with MM on this one mostly because of his strength advantage. But i dont know a whole lot bout vision so he might have it.

tkitna
If the Vision wanted to win,,,,he could. The Vision loses battles because he attempts to battle foes with his sheer might. I never understood why he would want to go toe to toe with an opponent when all he had to do was stand there in his intangible state until he could put his hand inside of them and turn somewhat tangible. Seems pretty easy.

Maelstrom
I liked thunderbolts when Moonstone increased his density to some obscene level from his intangible state.

Gregory
But the Martian Manhunter can also go immaterial. The example that springs to mind is in "Divided We Fall" when he does so to try to escape from a hoard of demons.

manjaro
MM beuase he can do everything vision can do, and he's much stronger

RSSR
Well, Vision can emit a beam of infrared or microwave radiation from the solar cell on his head. MM, as far as I'm aware, can't project any kind of energy. And as a machine with artifical intelligence, the Vision might be smarter than MM.

JuggernautFan
isn't MM also deathly afraid of fire/intense heat?? if so, he would go down hard, seeing as how much heat vision can generate from his forhead.

DarkCrawler
MM can also somekind of blasts from his eyes. They are about as strong as Supermans heat vision. He also has super-strength,(about same as superman), super-speed,(about same as superman), he can fly, he can transform to anyform he can imagine and he has telepathy. But seeing as Batman took out four these kinds of things with canister of gasoline and one match, I think that Vision could have hopes beating him.

Arachnoidfreak
Vision also wins in the costume department.

manjaro
now that I think about it I forgot about his phobia to fire. All vision has to is burn him to a crisp with that beam thing

manjaro
but then again MM could just go immaterial and let it pass right thru him.

Arrrgh!! Im so ambivalent. I'd rather just play it safe and call it a draw

Bojangles
i believe the proper term is "dematerialize" not "go immaterial" What the f**k?

Gregory
(Shrugs) Plastic Man called it "going ghost." I hardly think it's important.

Bojangles
thats because plastic man is a queerball of a character

what the hell else is he going to call it???

manjaro
Webster's dictionary:

Immaterial- not consisting of matter, incorporeal

Incorporeal-having no material body or form

Dematerialize- to cause to become or appear immaterial

manjaro
score one for the good guys!

Bojangles
or not! like i said it isnt "go immaterial"

its "become immaterial" or "they are immaterial beings"

score one for people who know proper english!

manjaro
man please! you know damn good and well that you werent referring to the word "go" you were just thinking that there was no such word as immaterial. now you're all mad and taking it personal.

*Fez from that 70's Show* (turns his back) GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!!

Gregory
Yeh. Sort of like how it isn't, "go crazy," it's ... wait.

And you know ... considering that you didn't capitalize the "I" in your first line, didn't capalize the first letters of any of your sentences, didn't capitalize "English," used two contractions without apostraphies, and began your post with a "sentence" that contained neither subject nor verb nor any of the other things sentences traditionally include--all of these mistakes appearing in the quoted post alone--I don't think you have a right to lecture us on proper English. Suppose that "go immaterial" isn't strictly correct; using slangy expressions on internet message boards is no sin.

gambit88
i'm saying martian man hunter cause he's got shape shifting, laser vision, phasing, super strength and all that crap but hey if they both start phasing then it would be a pretty slow fight so all i can figure is that they would have to come to an agreement saying no phasing... and then mmh would woop up on vision

Bojangles
yeah ok whatever...i wasnt referring to that at all, but im not going to stoop to your level of immaturity

Bojangles
huh .....hmmm ok

DarkCrawler
Vision is clearly more cold and calculting...but I still bet my money on...man, this is hard fight!

Bojangles
Vision all the way

plus he has a cooler costume!

manjaro
I said, GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR!!!!

manjaro
(still With his back turned)

Bojangles
thank you for proving my point about immaturity levels

oh and by the way, if your back was turned the first time, you wouldnt have replied a second time

bakerboy
Who would win? i found these heroes very similar,and it would be a very close and hard battle, same strength and similar powers, but if i have to choose one, i choose vision. And you?

SnakeEyes
i am undecided. they seem too even...

ScarletSpider
Martian Manhunter has greater strength. Vision is at class 50 when at his highest density, but he can barely move, if he can move at all. Manhunter also has his telepathic and shape changing abilities. I don't think his telepathy would effect Vision, who is an android, but the shape changing would give him a leg up. Most likely I'd give it to Martian Manhunter.

norrin radd

Evangel94
Superman wins, he always does. I know he's not in this battle, but he wins anyway!

Nataku8188
M-O-R-O-N... Deadpool wins! Deadpool ALWAYS WINS! Superman LOST to that dude. Whatshisface, some queerball or something. I hate DC and I hate vision, because I hate the avengers. They both lose and Deadpool wins.

Swanky-Tuna
The MM fans say that his fire weakness has been demoted to a weakness to intense "firey" emotions

crazyspinz
i say vision, he's a robot, so hes imune to telepathy, he can do basicaly every thing MM can do, and hes just cooler
and
vision was the origonal human torch, witch isnt relavent to this at all but w/e

spyrokinesi35
ooooh yea, I was trying to think of mm's marvel counter part, but mm for sure. also does magneto h ave a dc counterpart?

spyrokinesi35
wtf?! someone needs to close the other thread b/c there are two of them

crazyspinz
ya, one of superman's rencarnations had the power of magnitizem, he was the blue and white one, at least i think it was that one

crazyspinz
some one close either this thread or the other one just like it, they are confusing me wacko

DarkCrawler
You must mean magnetism. And no, I think he had power over electricity.

Gregory
Dr. Polaris?

crazyspinz
ok, i wasnt sure

Arachnoidfreak
You must mean Superman Red/Blue. check this out: http://www.supermanhomepage.com/comics/comics.php?topic=comics-new_supes

spyrokinesi35
ohh t hanx, he has all of erics plus some, but doesn't have his calss 100 strenth, but htat's cool, also who is storm's dc counterpart? (sorry to ask about so many counterparts but I just want to know)

crazyspinz
maybe you should start a thread for counter parts?

supremthor
cool pic http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=5625

baddspellahl4
go mm!

Arsenal
That site has some cool pictures. I'm going with MM on this one. Every power Vision uses, J'onn can counter it, plus he's stronger.

Scoobless
if they both phazed at the same time there's a chance they'd be equaly out of phaze with normal matter and therefore solid to one another, vision has microwave and infrared beams, if MM is heat sensative like i heard someplace this could be the deciding factor

norrin radd
MM no longer fears fire, so he would beat vision. vision is good but manhunter operates in a higher level.

Scoobless
i didn't know it was a fear thing, i thought fire, or heat, actually physically weakened him...... not a manhunter expert........ and why is he called "martian manhunter" anyway? does he hunt martian men? if so is it sexual?or is it just a hobby?

norrin radd

Euripides
MM wins.

USAgent
Manhunter by a landslide. Way too many powers and abilities compaired to our little android buddy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/USAgent/1.jpg

Khellendros
Actually, at normal strength MM can only lift about 20 tons. He can match Supermans strength, but only for a minute before the stress on his body begins to cause him to literally unravel. In addition, he's nowhere near as invulnerable as Superman, since he could oly take one hit from Doomsday. MM has a sort of eye beam power, it has the power of 50-100 lbs of TNT, but he almost never uses it. His shapeshifting is limited to anything that has his same mass. He can compact himself down to 4 feet or stretch himself to 9, but he can't take on any form he can imagine. He can go intangible, but staying that way is very taxing. John does have telepathy, but that wouldn't come into play against Vision who is a machine.

Vision can fly, but nowhere near as fast as MM. While the Martian's eye beams are concussive force with only a little heat, Vision's infrared/microwave beam is nothing but heat. It gets up to 30,000 degrees farenheit. At regular density, Vision can lift about 5 tons. He can become as hard as diamond, or completely untouchable instantly and he can stay that way for any amount of time.

So, MM can become several times more durable than steel, but Vision can melt through steel in seconds. MM is stronger, but Vision can remain untouchable or invulnerable for longer. I think Vision takes this, but just barely. He doesn't have the time limits on his powers that MM does, and he can likely react faster, being an android.

Euripides
Martian Manhunter took down the ENTIRE JLA by himself. He's extremely powerful. Superman admitted that MM is on the top of the list in regards to people he would be afraid to fight. Vision goes down.

Khellendros
And you don't think his massive telepathy and intangibility come into play in that? His powers may be good agaisnt the JLA, but Vision can counteract them all.

Euripides
According to the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe : Avengers 2004. Vision's max durability is level 5 (bullet-proof). His max speed is 700 miles per hour while flying. His max strength is level 4 (800 to 25 ton range) Vision is nowhere near the level of MM.

The very same website you got your information from states that Martian Manhunter is class B ( Meta Class B - Anything weighing up to 100 tons can be lifted.) and has Class B invulnerability (Demi-godlike (able to withstand all injury short of a direct nuclear explosion). He's extremely hard to kill. He can heal from nearly any injury and can reconstitute his body at will. Anything that the Vision does to MM will be reconstituted.

MM would just utlize his superspeed and rip the Vision to shreds. She Hulk did it.

MERCILOUS
Or vision could phase and grab MM's brain, no matter where he hides on his body.

K3VIL
Martian Manhunter can reach Superman's strenght league for a few minutes, he can project Martian Vision: The actual nature of this power seems to vary depending on the reports. It has been seen to be a bolt of force, directed by the Manhunter's eyes causing considerable damage, equivalent to 50-100 lbs of TNT. It has also been seen to cause flammable objects to catch fire. The range of this power is also unknown but has been seen to be effective at ranges of 500 feet or more. Judging from the infrequency of use, it must have a high energy cost or reduce the Martian's effectiveness in some way.
He also possess superhuman speed and reflexes but he can't run at superspeed like Supes, WW, Flash, but he can fly over Mach 10 speeds, and hover in mid air, and perform other aerobatic feats, but he's not a speedster in the real sense.His telepath powers cannot work on Vision.
In AVENGERS VS JLA, he and Vision crash one into the body of the other in intangible form, and they were feeling pain.Considering they both weren't several hurted, it means their intangible forms are of equal strenght, perhaps Vision's full density body has a weight of 92Tons, something that J'Onn can lift or hit with ease, even without reach Superman's league of strenght, he just need to reach the low levels of Class 100 strenght and defeat Vision in a physical confrontation.
Considering MM doesn't fear fire anymore, this is a close a match.

norrin radd

Euripides
"Martian Manhunter can reach Superman's strenght league for a few minutes"

If this is true, which I doubt it is, then a few minutes is all J'onn needs to reduce Vision to scrap metal.

KharmaDog
Then wouldn't Vision just be intangible for those few minutes?

Euripides
Not if the MM utilizes his faster-than the speed of sound superspeed.

K3VIL
You intend superspeed in flight not on the ground.
Also for those that are talking of J'Onn as being the stronger even stronger than Superman, you forget Orion.He's not on the Earth, but he was the stronger in physical ways of the JLA members.

Euripides
Soooo, MM utlizes his superspeed in midair and rips Vision to pieces. He never runs anyway.

Yes Orion is stronger than Superman. Not many people know that though. He's always on that Astro-Harness

norrin radd

K3VIL
Yes, that makes him looking like a big guy who just shoot energy blasts from his veichle, but he's pretty damn strong, and his stamina and invulnerability are outstanding.

gautam
Id go with the Martian because he can do everything that vision can do....and hes stronger....faster....smarter.....and has more battle expericance....he'll tear vision to shreds

dawsey28
J'onn is almost like Prof. X + Superman + Vision + Hulk (regeneration).

He is pretty powerful. Even if he can't mind wipe Vision, he can use his speed and strength to take him out before Vision can do much of anything.

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by dawsey28
J'onn is almost like Prof. X + Superman + Vision + Hulk (regeneration).

He is pretty powerful. Even if he can't mind wipe Vision, he can use his speed and strength to take him out before Vision can do much of anything.

Vision is a supercomputer. He could turn intangible before Jonn formulates a thought.

dawsey28
Okay Cube...

Then it is a stalemate because both can go intangible.

GODSCRIBE
hmmm

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by dawsey28
Okay Cube...

Then it is a stalemate because both can go intangible.

yes it happened for a breif moment in Jla/Avengers crossover

Originally posted by Euripides
According to the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe : Avengers 2004. Vision's max durability is level 5 (bullet-proof). His max speed is 700 miles per hour while flying. His max strength is level 4 (800 to 25 ton range) Vision is nowhere near the level of MM.

The very same website you got your information from states that Martian Manhunter is class B ( Meta Class B - Anything weighing up to 100 tons can be lifted.) and has Class B invulnerability (Demi-godlike (able to withstand all injury short of a direct nuclear explosion). He's extremely hard to kill. He can heal from nearly any injury and can reconstitute his body at will. Anything that the Vision does to MM will be reconstituted.

MM would just utlize his superspeed and rip the Vision to shreds. She Hulk did it.

no Vision can lift 75 class area but can press alot more, MM is classed 80 ton normally then he can reconfigure his whatever and become in Superman's league for a finite time period

Fanboy
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Vision also wins in the costume department.

Yeah well Vision does not have a costume really that is just his body.

yugotank
Vision 5.5/10

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Fanboy
Yeah well Vision does not have a costume really that is just his body. Actually, Vision has been portrayed in the past as having a purely red body beneath the costume. The costume is something he can remove, though it may be tied into android body, therefore he can render it, including his cape, intangible or superdense.

I like the Vision in this fight, BTW. MM's fire weakness has not gone away completely, and Vision will use his heat beams.

Priest
Originally posted by Acrosurge

I like the Vision in this fight, BTW. MM's fire weakness has not gone away completely, and Vision will use his heat beams.
Martian Man Hunter is stronger and faster than vision imo..
I can see Vison pulling off a few wins, but not a majority.

Zoron
as much as I love vision as u can see with my signature, MM takes this but barley yes they almost have the same powers cept MM can shapeshift Vision can't shapeshift but can turn his body into other substances like metal,marbel,ice,rock,iron,steel,granite, etc telepaths can't **** with vision & he can become intangible just as much as MM can vision just makes better use of it & strength wise MM is stronger like on par with superman strong whil vision is I think in the 60-70 ton range & vision does have onw small advantage the infa red laser on his forehead but MM can become intangible so it won't work unless its a sneak attck so yes MM wins but vision is a better char & cooler than MM sorry u biased dc fanboys

Bentley
Originally posted by Zoron
as much as I love vision as u can see with my signature, MM takes this but barley yes they almost have the same powers cept MM can shapeshift Vision can't shapeshift but can turn his body into other substances like metal,marbel,ice,rock,iron,steel,granite, etc telepaths can't **** with vision & he can become intangible just as much as MM can vision just makes better use of it & strength wise MM is stronger like on par with superman strong whil vision is I think in the 60-70 ton range & vision does have onw small advantage the infa red laser on his forehead but MM can become intangible so it won't work unless its a sneak attck so yes MM wins but vision is a better char & cooler than MM sorry u biased dc fanboys

For someone who declares himself a Vision fan you surely underrated, as Vision is more than a 80 tonner and is able to shapeshift.

Current Vision can time bfr John.

RSSR
Martian Manhunter, easily. Even with The Vision's new up-grades.

Zoron
Originally posted by Bentley
For someone who declares himself a Vision fan you surely underrated, as Vision is more than a 80 tonner and is able to shapeshift.

Current Vision can time bfr John.

LOL when has vision ever shape shifted? and i was talking bout old vision mot recent

h1a8
Can vision blast when he's in phased state?
Can MM be burned when phased?
If not then this is a stalemate.
Unless the two phased individuals can interact.

Bentley
LOL when has vision ever shape shifted? and i was talking bout old vision mot recent

He did so in Young Avengers presents Vision. He shifts into Tony Stark.

batdude123
Originally posted by Bentley
He did so in Young Avengers presents Vision. He shifts into Tony Stark.

LOL when has vision ever shape shifted? and i was talking bout old vision not recent

Bentley
Originally posted by batdude123
"Quoting is cool"

He still asked when, I was just responding to that part of his question. sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.