Blade vs Duncan MacLeod

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chilled monkey
What are your thoughts on this match-up?

Duncan MacLeod (from the series 'Highlander') is an immortal with 400 years of combat experience and swordsmanship. Only decapitation can kill him. His weapon of choice is the katana.

Blade is also a master swordsman with the advantage of vampiric strength, agility and regeneration.

Who would win?

(As a side note, Donnie Yen, who played Snowman in Blade 2, played the immortal Jin Ke in Highlander:Endgame.)

vegeance
Ducan Macleod is so much better

Arachnoidfreak
Screw Duncan, who did Chris Lambert play? he was the MacLeod before Duncan, he was in Highlander: Final Dimension and was opposite Duncan in Highlander: Endgame. Anyway, that guy kicks Duncan's ass.

vegeance
his name was connor and yes hes better

Daywalker
PUH-LEASE!!!!! Highlanders don't impress me in the slightest. From what i've seen, those guys go into seizures everytime they chop another immortal's head off yet they have no real powers aside from skill with a sword.

Blade has this match hands down. The fact that he's a vampire is enough but when you add that to the fact that he is Blade, it's double trouble

Austinzilla
Duncan

SUPERMANDAMAN
Duncan all the way the newest highlander movie was awsome.

Arachnoidfreak
YEA! Connor MacLeod, that's it.

Spawnie
Ok, no! Connor was cool when I was just a yungster. When Blade came out there was no contest. He can be immortal as much as he likes but he can't fight like Blade. The first HIghlander movie was the best all the rest is a bunch of BS. Blade would cut his head off in no time and then what?

Linkalicious
Blade lays the spank down on MacLeod. Great sword fight between the two i bet, but eventually Blade's strength, quickness, and martial arts training would best Macleod. Blade's also always got cool gadgets to give him the upper hand.

norrin radd

Dark Vengeance
its not seizers when one kills an imortal you take there power and its a VERY painfull thing

Dark Vengeance
1# blade suck

2# my last name dose translate in galic "highlander" so saying duncan suck is like offending a family member of mine

SUPERMANDAMAN
blade cant compare to 400 years experience

Dark Vengeance
so true

Arachnoidfreak
Connor LET Duncan kill him, so Duncan can gain his SUPERIOR power/experience, so that Duncan could beat the villain guy(cant remember his name)

Daywalker
1) Blade is Better

2) Sounds like you're forced to choose the Highlander due to family commitment

3) Blade is much better cool

Daywalker
Sure he can, it's in his blood.

Bojangles
yeah vampires are older than fricking Duncan Mcloed

norrin radd

norrin radd

Spawnie
Ok, I agree that Duncan is better then Connor cuz Lambert lost his charm at the hospital where he was born, but still that don't mean he can beat Blade.
I'm sorry but highlanders r outdated and no match for Blade. I haven't seen Duncan throw someone through a pillar of cement. I haven't seen any acrobatic moves that can do him justice and make me feel like he would win against Blade. I like the HIghlander charm, but it's gone now, Blade is here and his time is NOW.

I don't think they will come up with anything cooler then Blade for the next 10 years. Don't take my word for it, but I think so.

who?-kid
Blade will probably win. I guess Duncan has more experience, but we're talking about Blade !! He's definitely the better fighter.

Dark Vengeance
it was mainly was just a joke even though my last name does translate as "highlander"

Dark Vengeance
listin just because my last name is Highlander dosent mean that thats why I say that the thing is thats why I think connor micleod is so cool. My name dosent even say "highlander" it is the celtic word for it.

and second blade could possible die conner can not die

Dark Vengeance
even though duncan hasent throwth people into cement but he killed 152 imortals and survived being impaled on a piece of three foot long metal and hes thought in every major war in history

Dark Vengeance
P.S. duncan and conner do have power they heal much faster than normal people and they can sense other inmortals and ducan does know martial arts

norrin radd
yes, but blade has enhanced speed, and strenght, and connor can died if blade cuts is head.

Spawnie
I don't care in how many wars he has faught or how many wives he had so far, I'm saying he can't beat Blade. Duncan might have slayed many immortals but he never had something like Blade against him. He is way too fast for Duncan among other things. We have seen Blade behead guys that didn't even know what was coming. I'm not saying that Duncan wouldn't put up a fight, but in the end Blade would just come on top.

Dark Vengeance
well duncan would have a "quickining" witch is a lot like blades rage form he has powerful as blade during a "quickining"

FrothByte
ok, for those of you who don't know highlanders(the immortals) well, or just blade fanatics, heres a few points to consider:

1.) Duncan's martial arts dwarfs blade's martial arts. he's had centuries of training for crying out loud. Blade ain't nowhere near duncan's hand 2 hand combat skills. it just seems like blade is the better fighter coz he had better effects in his movie. same is true for the swordsmanship.

2.) When highlander's decapitate another immortal, their opponents skills transfer to them. so that means duncan has his centuries of training, plus the centuries of training all his other killed opponents had.

3.) altho the strength of their fallen victim doesn't directly add to theirs, highlanders do get stronger everytime they kill one of their kind. so they're a lot stronger than mortal men. in the highlander 2 the movie, connor just rips off a metal railing from its cemented foundation... and he was in a severely weakened state when he did this...

Yassin
Connor isn't the one,if you saw endgame duncan was much stronger. But Connor was sort of a mentor for Duncan. Everbody knows..there can only be "one"....to end the suffering,the pain they had. Especially Connor,everyone he loved died. As for Duncan,his skills are phenomenal...he even locked himself in a monk's temple to train to face the "devil" (highlander tv show). So the main question is: Blade or Duncan? Blade doesn't stand a chance against a 600 year old warrior.

Arachnoidfreak
No, if you saw Endgame, Conner gave himself up to Duncan, so that Duncan would be superior. Conner had nothing left(as in family and all that), so he gave his superior power to Duncan. He was tired of loosing the people he loved. Remember, the longer a Highlander has been around, the stronger he is, and Conner was around way before Duncan. Besides, there is another who is more powerful than both of them. The Highlander that was around for over 1000 years, what's his name? I know it started with an "M"

Yassin
Well,it's a fact that Connor and Duncan fought eachother...and DUNCAN WON!!! He's the better one...(in endgame)

Arachnoidfreak
That's what im saying, in Endgame, Connor lost on purpose.

Yassin
I don't mean that....before....in history,when they have a duel...Duncan wins...remember?

ash007
the guy older then Duncon and Conner is Mythos he is thousands of years older the any other liveing highlander

Arachnoidfreak
THAT'S IT! Mythos! thanks.

Dark Vengeance
see someone understand the facts

Spawnie
Ok, with all these facts that u have imprinted in your head, tell me why didn't Duncan do half of it? Screw the effects, the fight scenes were poorly done, and the sword fights sucked. The guy playing Duncan was ok, but alltogether cheesy. They did a series, they had a chance to make highlander better, and yes they made the story a bit better, but that is all. Knowing all these facts and watching the series is a sin. Cuz none of this 600 year old experience comes to life for real.
I can never see Duncan do what Blade can do, plain and simple. Duncan is bigger in stature, so all those fancy blade moves don't fit him, cuz he can't perform them! U can fantasize as much as u like about Duncans abilities, cuz I don't have to say the same about Blade.

Duncan is no more agile then a great Samurai.

FrothByte
coz if they tried to put the kind of special effects they used in blade into the highlander series they would go bankrupt. and there aint no actor in the world who could portray the 600 years of training duncan has.

CHingus
Blade..........hands down...

crazyspinz
duncan, a good swords man with lots of experiance

blade a "super vampie" who has probably killed more people in his life than duncan has.

blade sees duncan, ducan sees blade, ducan draws sword, blade throws glave, cuts of ducans head, blade goes home and takes a nap

wow, havent done that in a while...

MERCILOUS
He may have killed more people, but he certainly hasn't retained any of there power.

blade sees duncan, duncan sees blade, duncan draws sword, blade throws glave (which by the way isn't even the right word for it, they actually stole it from Krull.) duncan easily dodges the projectile, A flashy pointless fight takes place to the sound of hollywood techno, duncan cuts him in half, wonders what the hell all the techno was about.

and by the way you can tell, you're pretty rusty.

Abaddon
I bet those on Blades side simply think that the Blade movie was better than the Highlander series. THIS IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST. Watch the show. Duncan has fought more than just other immortals like himself(season 5 or 6). Also, when an immortal takes the head of another, they recieve their power and experience. The fact is that Duncan has the experience of 400 years AND the experience of every immortal he has killed AND the experience of every immortal that were killed by the immortals that he killed. The experience factor alone gives Duncan the win. How is Blade gonna know to decapitate Duncan, is Duncan just going to tell him thats his weakness. NO. Duncan can heal a lot faster that Blade and he will heal from ANYTHING as long as it is not decapitation. A post above states that Blade has mastered every martial art. Well so has Duncan. He has trained almost every day for 400 years. Duncan would treat Blade like a little girl. Then he would try and befriend him. If Blade declined Duncan would say: "There can be only one..." and Blade would die.

Nataku8188
Blade will be able to fight him to a standstill, simply because his reaction time is much faster. Besides that, he's going to chop at him for a while and realize that stabbing this dude isn't working. He'll make one last move and probably slice him in half at the stomache. Senor Duncan removes his head and thinks of what a good fight it was and how upset he was that he had to kill such a skilled mortal. Then hed go and pork a chick, cause thats just how they do things in highlander.

Abaddon
Finally, an intelligent response....

MERCILOUS
Yes, Nataku, yes!

And here we are, we're the masters of the universe.

linwe_felagund
ya know I dont understand what all the argueing is all about... Blade and Duncan are both good guys...ergo they would not be enemies they would be friends. Anyways they are both Immortals. Neither one could really die (unless by beheadment)

Imperial_Samura
Blade is good at everything. Duncan is good at everything almost. Both are nearly unkillable, both skilled in the art of swords. Although I kind of think that Blade has the edge (pun intended) in terms of weapons, but that is pretty unimportant as unless it takes off Duncan's head it wont achieve much. However I would say that Blade has a more experience fighting skilled foes then Duncan, as often would try to take off his enemies head anyway (due to those he fights). In the end it might be quite a match, but with strength, agility and healing on his side I would say Blade.

K3VIL
First of All, i never saw a Highlander except for the Kurgan showing superhuman strenght, and yes Duncan ripping of a metal railing but Second and more important, you're not talking about a marvel street hero without real physical super powers, you're talking of the guy that put down Dracula, that fought against Varnae, and that fough against demons and other things, Duncan has fought against immortals and mortals, but never fought demons or demigod like characters.Blade with the Sons of Midnight fought with Lilith, the max power that Duncan met in his life was Mythos.
AHighlanders heal faster than Blade?In tv series when Duncan gets hit by bullets goes down and take probably half and hour for him to heal, and remember that Blade doens't carry only a sword, he only needs to put out his uzi or 9mm gun and shoot him then seeing that he stands up starts a sword to sword fight, after seeing that stabbing Duncan doesn't works too, he perform a beheader hit, and the Highlander die.
We want to talk about Blade's resistance to injury?Get blood drained, get stabbed, cut, shot, and many other things, throw into walls and other obstacles, an Highlander would be unconscius after something like that.Or why don't we talk about Blade's strenght, he kick humans body like they are tennis balls, Duncan never show to be able to do something like that.

I give to Duncan that he has more experiecen than Blade will never possess until he lives for 400 years, but Blade has fought things that Duncan never met, so this put the fight on draw in terms of battle experience, but if we talk about physical skills, Blade has reaction times that can outmatch any highlander, the same for his agility and reflexes a human for Blade moves at slow motion.An Highlander hasn't got that kind of speed that Blade has.After a run for this money, i think that Blade would behead Duncan and ask himself how can a human be so damn skilled and heal so much faster, maybe it was a older daywalker that lose much of his strenght but was anyway a badass to deal with?
He'll never known it, now he just needs to rest cause Duncan perform a great fight.

Nathaniel Grey
I agree with K3VIL. Blade would have this one in his pocket without even a scratch to show for it. Unlike Blade, Duncan doesn't have an accelerated healing factor which performs on site. It takes awhile for an immortals healing to begin. In every instance from the television series and movies it takes a great deal of time for them to reawaken depending on the infliction. And since this is BLADE we're talking about we can only assume that the damage will be in great quantities. Also Blade isn't likely to stand around and let Duncan heal so that he'd get in his way again. Duncan MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod as great a swords man as he is wouldn't stand a remote chance against someone who displays super human strength, speed, agility, reflexes and over all power. Not to mention like K3VIL said...his superior arsenal. Have we forgotten that Blade isn't only human but 50% Vampire. Having all their strengths and few of their weaknesses. He's the one who went toe to toe with a genetically ENHANCED vampires that the already established Vamps couldn't even deal with in Blade 2. And he won.

As far as I see it this is a mismatched fight. Duncan is not capable regardless of his 400 years experience of taking on a foe who's got every base covered.

P.S. Connor was better than Duncan anyway. wink :: Holds up his Connor MacLeod Dragon head Katana. :: I am immortal! I have inside me blood of Kings! I have no rivals! No man can be my equal...send me to the future of your world!

muffin man
hard to choose but duncan

FrothByte
most of the opinions stated above i think is based upon the movies made. the only reason why blade looks more agile and such is because his movie was made in the 21st century while the highlander movies(except the last) and the series were made in the 20th century, and that blade had marvel to back it up which means the blade movies got the edge in terms of graphics and fight scenes.

but if you really understood the character of these two swordsmen, you'd understand that blade doesn't stand a chance against duncan. the reason why they weren't able to cast duncan as the swordsman with centuries of experience is because no actor in the world can portray that kind of skill. but if you really want to get a good assesment of how duncan should be like, try to compare him to jet li in his movie "the one" where he has the strength of about a 100 men. but like i said, the highlander didn't have that kind of graphics. so forget about the movies, and read the description of each character.

Nathaniel Grey
If Blade can defeat Dracula then he can easily beat Duncan MacLeod. It's absurd to think otherwise.

clickclick
makes a good point.

Blades got that enhanced strength, speed, reflexes, heal factor and such.

image3320
I'm going Blade. Kinda.
I can't see this going any other way. If there can only be 1, & this fight were to happen McCloud wouldn't be that 1. there would be some heads rolling on floor laughing

MERCILOUS
Dracula ***** slapped blade around like a red headed step child (in the comics.) Of course he kills him in the movie, it's his movie. Duncan has killed immortals older than dracula, and retains their power. And he's killed far worste too. The only people who say Blade would win this one are the one's that have no idea what Duncan is capable of.

K3VIL
First of all Blade killed Dracula in comics, with a wood knife.Duncan kill immortals?Dracula is not just an immortal, he's the second vampire for power in the vampires population.And Blade also fought with Varnae and Lilith.Duncan met demigod-like characters like that in his life?I give this to Blade, and it's the right thing, Duncan would give him a run for this money but finally get killed.

Nathaniel Grey
Anyone reading the current Tomb of Dracula?

MERCILOUS
Actually yes. You forget that in Highlander mythology Immortals take the place of many a demigod and other figures of immense powers. Duncan himself kills 2 of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse (as in the bible.) You forget that immortality often for those in the Highlander mythology comes with extraordinay power.

Also, Blades powers are mostly hype, where as Duncan's powers are played down due to T.V. budgeting. For example, Duncan can, but rarely does, leap about 15 feet high from a standing (not running) position.

RZA
Damn, I was gonna start one like this. I was gonna call it Blade vs the Highlander. Macleod of course but played by Adrian Paul from the TV series, he was a mush better fighter than the actor in the movies. I really don't think this arguments been settled on who would win, would anyone mind if I started a new one and added a poll to it this time, so we can see who the clear winner is?

MERCILOUS
I would mind. I think I've won this arguement.

Banner
That about sums it up. Besides this is a ridiculous fight. If Duncan fought half the enemies Blade did he'd be headless by now.

RZA
I guess it's not so clear and dry after all huh? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nataku8188
Sure it is, he was just recycling an argument that Mercilous has already countered.

NicktheBassist
i think blade would win this one, he has the whole vampire awesomeness and i don't think that Duncan could stand up to Blade's agility and strength

RZA
^^See what I mean, this argument isn't over yet, not by a long shot. no

MERCILOUS
I've countered that arguement as well, go read the whole thread. Many people hang on to dying things, such as music, clothing styles, haircuts, this one in my opinion is a little sadder.

RZA
^^I did read the thread stick out tongue and judging from what I read the general consensus is that Blade would kick Macleod's ass. There are more posts supporting Blade than Duncan, of course we'll never really no for sure unless we do a poll wink

btw...I wonder how much Patriotism is playing a part in this...hmmm. shifty

Oh and before you flame on me, let me just say that I think the Highlander is a badass, especially the Adrian Paul interpretation from the series, as well as the Queen song "Princes of the Universe" everything about that series kicked ass IMO.

MERCILOUS
General consenses is often wrong, very often. More post mean nothing, Quality not Quantity. A thousand rounds in a machine gun are nothing against a nuke.

Patriotism? I'm not Scottish.

Ya darn tootin!

RZA
^^Ok..fair enuff, you're not Scottish but maybe you're a Highlander yourself? shifty I still think the only way to know for sure is thru a poll wink

chilled monkey
Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone who commented. This was the first vs I've ever posted.

RZA: If you'd like to do a poll, I have no problem with that.

Mercilous: You have made some very good points, but there is one other thing to consider. In the series, Duncan defeated Kronos, an Immortal with 5000 years of Quickenings and experience. If he could do that, I think it's reasonable to assume Blade could stand up to a 400 year old Immortal.

MERCILOUS
That one kinda goes in circles. That fight could have gone either way, even though Kronos was over confident. And you have to remember that Duncan now has that experience.

It's not just a 400 year immortal he's standing up to. Duncan was fortunate enough to have some of the best teachers and on several occassions beat immortals that he couldn't have beat without luck, or his wits. Fortune plays a part in this too, and Duncan has been most fortunate. He doens't just have the quickening of all the immortals he killed, he has the quickening of all the immortals they killed, and all the immortals those immortals killed, etc.

RZA
Nah, thanks anyway Chilled Monkey...lol...that's funny. I think it's already been made pretty clear that Blade would take this one.

MERCILOUS
You goad me?

scottfree00
This one is a bit old but I couldnt resist.

it is important to note duncan's skills as earned through the quickening. To date duncan would have these abilities

1. vision projection (as a from of mind control) from garrick in the episode shadows
2. Hypnosis power of suggestion (some immortal in season 5)
3. Teleportation, shapeshifting, and other illusion. ( from connor macleod in endgame, from cain in hl3 from nakano hl3)
4. teleportation, annoying rambling, and giving a guilty consciounce (from jacob kell in endgame)
as for methos he never fights anymore and his age doent realy give him an edge.
for those who said adrian paul was uncapable of certain movements wiht a sword because of his build you need to know that he has studied hun gar for 15 years and used a sword while studying kendo during the 6 year highlander series run. the actor is able to perfrom in real life.certainly adrian paul woudl woop wesley snipes. in the fight between jin ke in endgame duncan demonstrated his incredible speed, it is my opinion that blade would last about 3 1/2 minutes like most highlander villains.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.