Old computer games (1980's)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Joker1237
I do like the old games,

I recall this one game were your a captain of a ship, and you raid other ports/ships, ete, Try to marry a girl, find your family, and take out a ship with a lot of gold. There relly is no end to the game, You just wonder around raiding until your force to retire, IF you did real good, you can become Kings avisor, if you did ok somewere along the lines farmer, and if you did real bad your a begger.

Other fav is this boxing game I just never can beat, you train your fighter, than you fight. Sad thing is, I only got rank up 4th, never could beat the number 2 contender.

Think these old games are dead or can they some how be downloaded, to todays computers??

Corlindel
I think you are talking about the game "PIRATES" for Commodore Amiga 500 first and later for PC, from the later eighties.

If yes you can find a lot of things about it using google and I am sure you can download it.

Ushgarak
Pirates was a C64 game first, way before the A500.

zombieman
Pirates has just been remade by the great Sid Meir of Civilisation fame.

Joker1237
it has how is it compare to each other? I know Sid Meirs would be better, of ocuse, but can you tell same differnts ete

Corlindel
You re right.

But it was to much primitive comparing to Amiga. And only few of KMC members remember C64

Amiga improved a lot the games with so much quality as the further editions for PC.

eleveninches
BUBBLE BOBBLE!!!!! laughing out loud

R@ven
all hail Sid Mier!!! civilization love

Tptmanno1
Civ 2 is the most addicting, well thought out strategy game that exists in the modern world!

R@ven
#3 rocks to......

Ushgarak
Alpha Centauri is more polished than Civ II, but neither game actually fits this thread's purpose...

The licences on nearly all of these old games have expired and if you have an emulator you can normally get them from somewhere in ROM form.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.