spiderman character CG in spiderman 2 and octopus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Spiderman_RJ
they just suck spider looks like a video game toy. hes like a puppet and the internal joke with Dc comics has gonne too far, they turned spidey into superman..........not much the original theme be a sarcasm to batman series

Spiderman_RJ
so what do u thing? ok the swinging is good pretty like tha new syle of movement that todd mc farllene introduced to our beloved spider in the ealier 80s. doc oc tentacles a a prime art, but some scenes the zoom of camera depicts them........coment if u like and what u dislike on them. like i said before spider is like a rubber toy, hes moves like a video game (do u think its the force of the merchandising guys?) he unreal, the first movie cg was slight better.......well maybe the final cuts ( that must be done cos the movie is next week) should had removed this impresion with filter but he still moves weirdo.........octopus tentacles are lovely...........the tyni details like a finger like from one claw to remove his glasses were great idea but the blade from the other claw has nothing to do with doc ock

Spiderman_RJ

Spiderman_RJ
nevermind the name of the music is Vindicated-performed by dashborad confessional, its the spider-man 2 official theme song

Spiderman_RJ
its clip is out already u can get on kazaa or similar also on spidey 2 oficial site via streaming.

Spiderman_RJ
the lyrics this is my last post untill someone has the oportunity to post here otherwise ill be called flooder. if u realise the music is about Mary Jane not peter, pretty cool.

Vindication - by Dashboard Confession

Hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption
Winding in and winding out
The shine of it has caught my eye

And roped me in
So mesmerizing, so hypnotizing
I am captivated, I am

{Chorus}
Vindicated
I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right
I swear I'm right
I swear I knew it all along

And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now the things you swore you saw yourself

So clear
Like the diamond in your ring
Cut to mirror your intentions
Oversized and overwhelmed
The shine of which has caught my eye

And rendered me
So isolated, so motivated
I am certain now that I am

{Chorus}

So turn
Up the corners of your lips
Part them and feel my finger tips
Trace the moment, fall forever
Defense is paper thin
Just one touch and I'd be in
Too deep now to ever swim against the current
So let me slip away (3x)
So let me slip against the current
So let me slip away (4x)

{Chorus}

Slight hope
It dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption...

Spiderman_RJ
the seconds official clips are , we are from - ana, and ordinay by train, if u can get the we are clip the music suck a little but has more octopus new scenes. for those clip i can say the ending will be sweety and i wil cry like a baby.

Daywalker
I have to admit that in the trailers, the CGI Spidey does seem to be abused a little bit. Two scenes stick out in my mind. The one where he swings between the semi and the one where he's crouched in the window and the ine where he's on the pole in the train.

But then again, Spidey's agility is incredible and I can't see any stunt men duplicating those moves.

Freddy_vs_Jason
I didn't like the scene in the train where Spidey swung on the poll, even if somebody got spider-like powers they could NOT do that, they would be too big and hit their leg on another poll or a seat, the CG Spider-Man in that scene was too small and far to un-realistic.

Daywalker
oops, in my post above, I meant to say the three scenes not two.

Agentdemon
Yeah and that scene where he jumps to the window blacony looks fake. He looks kind of rubbery and why would they need CGI for a jump to a window? Luckily since spider-man 3 is coming out in 3 years the CGI by then should be indistinguishable from the real thing.

Lord Shadow Z
I watched the trailer as well and the faults in the CGI are really not hard to miss. The rubbery, Spiderman model looks like it's not fitting in in with anything around it, not moving around in the right way and just basically looking like a really rushed animated model of Spiderman.
The tentacles for Doc ock as well look completely bad, just no attempt to even get the slightest attempt at realism, and it spoils the film to a certain extent when the CG stands out that much, because it makes you cringe considering what we can really do with technology.

Agentdemon
Well some of the CGI looks good but other parts well....SUCK.

Spiderman_RJ

Lord Shadow Z
Also the pole would at least move or bend because of weight being distributed on to it suddenly. The animated model is just being placed onto the pole with no interaction of the enviroment involved.

Red Superfly
Actually, I thought that Spider-Man swinging in the train was pretty damn amazing, considerring he is, after all, the amazing Spider-Man.

We must remember Spider-Man is a mutated man with his whole body being re-jiggered to resemble something more like a spider, plus it's complete fantasy so give him a break.

Spider-Man 1 & 2 suffer from something I call 'Matrix-itis' - it's basically using incredible CGI for TOO-LONG in a scene. CGI like that seen in The Matrix and Spider-Man would work brilliantly if only the director would cut down it's usage. It ruins all the effort that the REAL actors go through when a CGI puppet goes and shatters all sense of realism.

I think the key problems with Spider-Man is that he is supposed to look like he is on the edge of life and death, but when we see a blatantly CGI puppet we think "oh big deal".

OK, CGI needs to be used, for the webswinging and other non-possible stunts, but The Matrix and SPider-Man particularly ended up using it for no good reason.

Remeber when Green Goblin catches Spider-Man, smashes him into a window, and as they fight Spider-Man falls? I couldn't believe they used CGI to show Spider-Man falling on his ass! Or the bit where GG leaps onto his glider, looks so fake, and isn't necessary.

The first Matrix is proof of what good old fashioned stunt-work and wire-work can do, even the Matrix-cam moments were done by the actors themselves, and was therefore more impressive. The sequels had CGI-everything and looked like a videogame.

Yet, alas, the film-makers still think CGI-everything is the way forward, and frankly I'm sick of it. I'm so glad that films like Kill Bill use old-fashioned techniques still. The thing is with Spider-Man, when he does cut to CGI, they slow it down so we have plenty of time to notice it.

Spiderman_RJ
well first red, the fall spiderman is not cg, ita cromaki effect, for avoiding personal injury they shot spiderman in a blue or green screen grabed by wires and let him fall, then the post production effects team, put him toguether with gobin on the scene.

and the goblin leap was cos problably raimi didnt want a cut scene , u see how the shot was during with no cut into other scenes till he shoots, but i wonder why they didnt use the same green/blue screen with goblin on the leap.........the scenes where CG took places was the bridge battle really unecessary, for the goblin it could had been real live actor, spider needed to be CG ( what the meaning of the I in CGI, i only know it for CG)

Red Superfly
The bit where he hits the floor looks like CGI. Waste of time doing all that stuntwork if it still looks shit, too.

Spiderman_RJ
i personally like that scene very much cos he recover as fast as spiderman would, actually even his hand detail was fantastic. the so called shit stunt work was the same used on hulk, when banner is trasnfroming into hulk on his house and trhow talbot on the sofa ( pneumatic wires , it can break ur ribbon, legas or arms if u do a mistake)

Spiderman_RJ
here its is

Spiderman_RJ
look at his hand

TheVenomSymbiot
CGI: Computer-Generated Images.

Spiderman_RJ
spiderman trying to stop the train is great

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.