Oliver Ford Davies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UnknownBountyHunter
He isn't on the cast list for Episode II, his character isn't mentioned, do you think he will disappear like Panaka? I hope he returns, even though at times he seemed like a traitor.

theEviljedi
I hope he does too.But I seriously think he won't.sad

UnknownBountyHunter
I doubt he will as well, but I don't like GL's losing cast members plan and having them disappear out of nowhere.

theEviljedi
I know.With Panaka he should of made that Hugh guy sign a contract for as many episodes as Lucas wanted.Otherwise he shouldn't be able to play him.

King Jedi
Maybe Hugh Quarshie has signed but is telling us the opposite because he has an important role in Ep2. As for Sio Bibble, I didn't like him much.

Jedi Mercenary
What's an Oliver Ford Davies??

UnknownBountyHunter
First of its not a thing. Its a person, Oliver Ford Davies played Sio Bibble in TPM. Sio Bibble for those of you who don't pay attention is the governor of Theed, which is the capital of Naboo. How could you not like him? He did what any normal governor would do, he reported to the queen about the planet's problems, he plighted the scenario's with Amidala on her way to Coruscant. Overall I like him, and he best be in the next episode, because its to plot-conflicting to have a character disappear after one film ESPECIALLY if its supposed to be sequential. As for Quarshie, I doubt it for an insider on the Star Wars subject reported he made public announcement in London. Does our English man King Jedi have anything to say about this? Your the best insight we have for an Englander, because Raz is gone.

theEviljedi
The original Sabe,the Queen's decoy,won't return ether.She is replaced by a Australin as most charcters are including the Jedi Council's Adi Galla.

UnknownBountyHunter
So?

UnknownBountyHunter
This is from...where?

King Jedi
UBH- I'm actually Scottish, and I haven't heard anything else about Quarshie. The reason I didn't like Sio Bibble was because he was too whinny. I thought the actress who played Sabe was Natalie Portman. Was it really a different actress? The end credits are so small I can't read them. And if it is a different actress, how do you know someone else is playing her in EP2 ? There were lots of hand maidens.

Xizor
Bibble was supposed to be a peace loving out of his element government official(thus he appeared whiny KJ). I felt Davies played the role very well. I'd like him to return.

King Jedi
So would I, but I still don't like him much,I mean the character.

Xizor
The character was a snivly little coward, so I agree he was unsavory. Yet the character fit into the whole sweet planet being attacked for no reason plotline quite nicely.

Great Master Brit Hunt
Is he on the cast lst yet? If he isn't then they better explain what happened to him and Panaka.

King Jedi
An American magazine printed a cast list for Ep2 and it had Oliver Ford Davies on it. It could be a mistake.

Darth Daft
Well I have no idea if he's coming back or not, but I think he probably won't. Although Naboo is confirmed as returning in Episode 2 I don't think it will be used quite as much, so that is why I think Panaka and Bibble won't return.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.