Captian America vs. The Human Torch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Maelstrom
What I think is really cool is that Cap. could defend himself from a direct nova blast of the Torch with his Shield. I guess torch could just ignite any foe directly though, makeing him one of the most deadly there is. Still, i think its cool how Cap. can crouch behind his shield and it provides a surrounding protection. Mabey behind the shield, even torch cannot get past it. I think this to be true, in the way adamantium works. And if i'm not wrong, once it has been cooled from its heated state, it cannot be remelted. The 5000 degrees is what is necessary at its initial state, and it always remains in raw form. However they cool it, it is the perfect defense. Mabey they heat it so hot that it solidifies...cold.
That would mean the pain Wolvie went through was even greater than suspected.

norrin radd
human torch would murder captain america.

DarkCrawler
One word. Supernova.

Linkalicious
he couldn't deflect the Supernova blast because it would Torch everything in the area. That would burn his skin straight to the bone.

Though Cap would definitly be able to deflect normal fire blasts. Also, Torch rarely uses his Supernova because it drains all his energy. If Captain could outlive that blast, then he's just pummel Johnny's motionless body.

DarkCrawler
I think that Torch could just kill Cap with ease. Without supernova.

bardock
cap is a very smart fighter. his genuis makes up for his powers. but he could not kill the torch. torch can fly so sit there and shoot fire at cap all day.plus he is surrounded in fire how do you fight that?if cap gets a big hose he could win.J/K

Bojangles
Torch

FrothByte
cap would need a lot of prep time for this...

Linkalicious
he does possess the intelligence and ability to defeat Torch, but you're right Frost...he would need a lot of prep time.

ScarletSpider
All that would be left of Cap is his shield, and those little wings on his head.

Wynndar
poor Cap

manjaro
man you know what? in some strange twisted way i feel like cap could do it. this is one guy who annoyingly alwys finds a way to win. think of him in the ultimates where he kicked hulks ass, giant man's ass, and that skrull's ass who was going toe to toe with the hulk.
so maybe this crazy s.o.b would shove johnny in a pool or something

Bojangles
you really cant compare that because thats just bad writing (i think)

in reality none of that would ever happen...but theres always a chance for Caps to become the victor of this match

Wynndar
Cap has fought the Hulk before...with Doc Sampson...he even put the sleeper hold on Hulk hahaha....it didnt do shit but it was a cool fight...if we weretalking about a flame guy like Pyro here, i could see Cap winning.....but Torch isnt just bolts of flames, he can manipulate it anyway he wants to, make a flame cage, or make 20 flame duplicates of himself and attack Cap from every direction...or even absorb all the heat in Cap's vicinity and freeze him...Torch uses prep time too and if he prepared as much as Cap he would still own him.

Bojangles
Pyro is just a friggin lame character, so of course he would lose against someone like Captain America

Torch is much stronger than most realize

Wynndar
i agree....he is very underestimated

Arachnoidfreak
Pyro is only considered lame because of his friggin costume: http://www.canoe.ca/MovieImagesX/xmen_pyro.jpg

He looks much cooler in the movie, and his powers have great potential. He needs a make-over.

Bojangles
ehh but even so he still doesnt have as much control over flame as johnny

ScarletSpider
Well Pyro's dead now, so no use crying about his wuss-bag costume.

Bojangles
laughing out loud true

Dark Thor
human torch

black robb
Even if his dumb shield could block a nova blast,HE STILL CANT COME AFTER HIM!!! He would just have to stand and await death

Cosmic Cube
Ultimate Cap > Mainstream Cap

Ultimate Hulk <<<<<< Mainstream Hulk
Ultimate Giant Man <<<<<< Mainstream Giant Man
Ultimate Super-Skrull <<<<< Mainstream Super Skrull

Cap loses, if Johnny is merciful. If not, all that will remain is a charred shield.

NoFate007
Caps loses very quickly. I think he's overrated honestly, but even if he wasn't, there's no way he could survive if HT wasn't already weakened. Like stated above, all that would be left would be his shield. He'd be incinerated.

Onikirimaru
You forget Cap could throw the shield, and when he throws the shield, people get hurt. Plz dont make him throw it Im afraid of what might happen.

For some reason I see Captain America winning this fight too. I just feel it in my bones, that Cap wont job to Torch. Torch never goes nova, so thats not really a factor. He can block flame blasts with the shield. Cap is a brilliant tactician, I can see him making a plan to take out the torch. Its not like torch never gets hurt in the comics, the dude isnt exactly smart. If Torch could just super nova every villian or incinerate them instantly, their wouldnt be alot of villians running around.

cherry cola
I agree with Onikirimaru on this one especially in a city setting because there are a few things that could snuff out the flames. Fire hydrants and dirt. Cap is one of the best tacticle fighters and will be able to control the the fight I remeber in The Conrtest of Champions storm and johnny fought and storm was able to lure him into a wind trap. Torch could have won with the nova heat but was not willing to kill and Cap will have him pondering the same option

Never
Cap already blocked HT's SuperNova with his shield. And survived.

Unhurt.

Forgot about that? (how they wrote him doing it I know not; can't explain it either)

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by Never
Cap already blocked HT's SuperNova with his shield. And survived.

Unhurt.

Forgot about that? (how they wrote him doing it I know not; can't explain it either)

*waiting for human torch fan to blurt out BAD WRITING BAD WRITING*

DarkCrawler
It IS bad writing.

colossus17
even if he blocks the direct blast.....the heat in his area......will burn him to ashes....even a regular blast not a supernova one will kill him in a sec....it will sourround him...the air will be 1000's degrees hot...and he wont be able to breath his lungs will burn .his flesh will melt.in a less then a sec...if he blocks a regular blast does that mean that the heat is gone......no.its still around him..in the area.....its one of the stupidest fights ever posted on this board..well this and superman VS. catwoman.....god bless asian hulk

Never
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
It IS bad writing.

Did you read it in context (or know what fight I'm talking about)? He wasn't standing right next to him, so why is it bad writing?

DarkCrawler
Well, how did he block it? If he blocked it with his sheild when they were fighting, that is bad writing.

Never
So how on earth can you say it is "bad writing" and you don't even know what happened?

Secret Wars issue number...5 I think? 1st series. Ultron snuck out and grabbed Human Torch. Captain America was nearby and advised Ultron to go Supernova. HT said I'll try, never done it before. "Go ahead, son!"

He did. IF I had to guess (****IF****), I'd say he was...maybe 40 feet away? HT went Supernova and got so hot he melted into the floor. Whatever was inside of Ultron melted, but his body did not (neither did Cap's shield).

In the comic book it looked as if he was blocking mostly ambient heat, but still...even the ambient heat should have been hot as all hell.

Only way I would explain it, if I were that writer, would be to say that most of his blast was aimed in Ultron's direction. Being that was his first time, I can't say he could control it so.

CorderaMitchell
Well it IS Captain America...

DarkCrawler
Originally posted by Never
So how on earth can you say it is "bad writing" and you don't even know what happened?

Secret Wars issue number...5 I think? 1st series. Ultron snuck out and grabbed Human Torch. Captain America was nearby and advised Ultron to go Supernova. HT said I'll try, never done it before. "Go ahead, son!"

He did. IF I had to guess (****IF****), I'd say he was...maybe 40 feet away? HT went Supernova and got so hot he melted into the floor. Whatever was inside of Ultron melted, but his body did not (neither did Cap's shield).

In the comic book it looked as if he was blocking mostly ambient heat, but still...even the ambient heat should have been hot as all hell.

Only way I would explain it, if I were that writer, would be to say that most of his blast was aimed in Ultron's direction. Being that was his first time, I can't say he could control it so.

Well, I doubt that he is 40 feet away in this fight...

Nataku8188
see... Human torch could fire his blasts at the ground, melting it to superhot glass that would melt Cap's boots. Then he has sticky gooey boots and burned feet, which is VERY uncomfortable. Very.

I don't think anyone is capable of fighting with sticky gooey boots and burned feet.

Metalmanx
Hm...Nataku does make a very good point here.

Never
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Well, I doubt that he is 40 feet away in this fight...

Didn't say he was, just pointed out that he has blocked Torch's blast before.

CorderaMitchell
Originally posted by Nataku8188
see... Human torch could fire his blasts at the ground, melting it to superhot glass that would melt Cap's boots. Then he has sticky gooey boots and burned feet, which is VERY uncomfortable. Very.

I don't think anyone is capable of fighting with sticky gooey boots and burned feet.

Be like having superhot poptart filling all over you.

Metalmanx
Mmmm.... :drool:

Onikirimaru
Originally posted by Nataku8188

If anyone can, Cap can.

(You guys know the Goverment is watching, and part of the patriot act says that anyone that says Captain America would be beat by someone else will be investigated for being a terrorist. So just play along)

yugotank
Captain America gets French Fried.......sisss....ouch

yugotank
Are we to assume that Johnny cremates Cap's shot up body?

JasonK4
Human Torch wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.