Human torch vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vu_Quang
turns out in science i learned that magneticfield's become much weaker in higher temperatures and and be completly disrupted with extreme heat. and reversly stronger in cold. but i'm thinking human torch can do a super nova that can break maneto's magnetic field. long enough for a mere rock thrown by mortal hands to kill him. what do you guys think?

offtopic..hulk; when he gets stronger does he generate heat like hot to the torch? i've seen him save people so he didnt burn them so if he does it's internal or not too much.

bardock
i think magneto will win he is the most powerful mutant. but torch might to screw up his powers. but doesnt torch pass out after super nova?

Wynndar
he has passed out after going Nova but doesnt always...even Galactus once said "I underestimated you, your power is far DEADLIER than I imagined" as torch attempted to go Nova in his face....he has also unleashed enough nova flame to "incinerate a hemisphere"...he has taken on and put up a great fight against gravitron, someone i think surpasses magneto in power. Even if Gravitron isnt as powerful,he is still very similar to Magneto. Additionally im not sure how a magnetic field could protect magneto from the torch dramatically increasing or decreasing the general temperature of the environment or magneto's own internal body temperature, ...i think that would be like mags deflecting a powerful psionic attack with magnetism...torch's strategy where he makes many flame copies of himself that demonstrate his same powers, would also make things pretty hard for Mags...however, Magneto is pretty viscious and deadly himself, and wouldnt play around with or underestimate the Torch...I dont know if torch's flame would protect him from magneto using the iron rich hemoglobin in his blood against him...torch is still flesh and blood when he is aflame, but his general physiology is highly different from a regular person...which is why his metabolize such huge quantities of energy and survives 1,000,000+ degree temperature, which is why one could even argue if there is hemoglobin in his blood at all...in my mind it would come down to who tried to kill the other one first.

about the Hulk, he has demonstrated that he can emmit more radiation than a Nuke, at times, but this is highly irregular...under regular conditions he does emmit radiation, but it is not immediately dangerous...that is why his pants r always purple, the radiation changes their color.

papablkbear
Damn Wynndar you almost gave me a headache with your response. If i hadn't gone to school i might not have understood 1 word u just wrote

Wynndar
hahaha sorry man...thats a tight picture of Carl Withers u got there.....isnt that from predator?

papablkbear
Yea thats carl weathers from predator. oh i would like to place a bet on magneto to win

Arachnoidfreak
Magneto, to a certain extent, can control heat also. Definitly NOT like the Torch, but heat is a byproduct of electromagnetism, and Magento controls all related energy. I said this like a dozen times already, Magneto has the potential to control anything. I'm going with Magneto here, just because he can be ruthless, but Torch definitly has a shot to win.

Linkalicious
I'm going to go with Magneto on this one, though I don't really know what defensive capabilities he has against Torch's flame. I've seen Magneto pound on fighters that are superior to the Human Torch before so i see no reason to believe he would be in capable of defeating him.

On a side note, I'd love to see a comic where these two go head to head and the Torch wins. I'd like to see what tricks the writers add to Torch's repertoire in order to have him win.

manjaro
form a sheer brute force P.O.V I would have to go with jonny but you must remember that he's basically a living nuclear reaction. and every nuclear blast emits an electromagnetic pulse. So I'm sure mags would find a way to control it and his heat. The only way I see johnny taking it hands down is if he pounces on MAgneto, and finish him off right-a-way. otherwise, in a long drawn out battle magneto would probably take it

IRTMU-Dragon
Uhmm, really, since human torch is producing magnetic waves every milisecond because he is just a chemical reaction constantly pulsating, Magneto would put up a negative shield, and his postive waves, or his FIRE would just be pushed back. And magnetic would harness him, turn off his fire, and when he turns it off, and hes a normal human shoot him with some metal before he can go fire again.

manjaro
that sounds good to me

norrin radd

Victor Von Doom
I think Magneto. Not for any pseudo scientific reasons, mainly just because...well, he would, wouldn't he.

vu_Quang
turns out i cant post a link until i'm well known because it deters spammers so:

i'll copy and paste so you dont have to click that (invisible)link.
here goes:

Question - as scrap iron is heated up prior to putting it into an
induction furnace, does it loose it's ability to be picked up by a
magnet? and if so at what temperatures is this loss significant ?
------------------------------------------------
Yes, all ferromagnetic materials (materials that can act as permanent
magnets) have a characteristic temperature, called the Curie Point, above
which they can no longer maintain magnetism. The Curie point of iron is
770 degrees C.

Richard Barrans Jr., Ph.D.
==================================================
=======
Generally, the temperature varies with the material, and is tabulated
as either the Curie temperature or the Neel temperature, depending on
whether or not the material is ferromagnetic. The Curie temperature of
iron is 770 C.

Tim Mooney
===============

vu_Quang
and as a replay to my own darned post..we all know human torch can get a quite bit hotter than 770 C.

so human torch would win without having to drain himself as much as i thought.

norrin radd

Arachnoidfreak
Someone click on my name, then click "find last post" and there's a list of most of my posts, look around and you'll see like 30 explaining Magneto's powers.

Wynndar
yea but still....hewould not be able to control the iron rich hemoglobin in Torch's blood which would be his most deadly attack...Mags can do much more than control metal....but i ur talking baout his powers outside the realm of magnetism....they would have no match against the torch

Bojangles
Maggie would win

muffin man
human torch
heat creates magnetics and too much heat would destroy it

demigawd
Magneto has blocked fire before.

He wins without much trouble.

Alpha Centauri
Come on man.

It's not just blocking fire. You don't just stand there when he goes Nova and say "HAH!" then put your arms up.

-AC

Scoobless
dunno who would win but at least i got some kind of explanation of why the hulk has purple trousers(pants to you damn americans.....jk) ......... even if it is a pretty far fetched one it is better than marvel has come up with

demigawd
Why not?

Wynndar
it certainly isnt just blocking fire...Magneto couldnt survive the center of the sun...and Torch is certainly capable of creating such an environment...I think magneto would win...give torch a second chance and he would beat Magneto too...just like his fight with Graviton.

demigawd
Why couldn't he survive in the center of the sun? Not saying he WOULD, but it's never been tested, and is his shield works as described, then it would automatically repel flames without exception.

That said, the gravitational fields in the sun might be outside of Magneto's ability to control, and may wreak havoc on his shields, which exposes him to the sun's heat and kills him.

Eh, who knows.

Either way, Magneto encloses Torch in a gravitational field that simulates a vacuum and prevents air from getting in. Extinguishes Torch. Knocks him out. Heats up a pastrami sandwhich with Torch's smoldering body on the way out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.