Rob Coleman chat on HS 6/30/04

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark_PadawanZ
Rob says that Grievous and Vader are very different villains. Grievous is more sinister and creepy, skulking and cunning, yet powerful and ruthless.

Yoda has a much bigger part in E3! And ke kicks butt!

Summary

Q: Rob, I get the clear impression that you are very in-tune with performance and the subtleties of acting. With regards to those that you are involved with, what animated or CG character in Episode 3 do you think will end up giving the most audience-satisfying performance? ...And, while I'm asking, which of the live actors' performances did you enjoy the most while on set

ROB: I believe it will be Yoda, because George has written some very powerful scenes between Yoda and the other characters.
As for live action performances, by far, Ian McDiarmid. He is such a talented actor. I can watch him all day long.

Q:When we will see the first images of General Grievous in action?

ROB: My guess would be the trailer. We're actively working on an action scene with him right now.

Q: How many people side with you that Coleman Trebor is still alive?

ROB: Maybe we should get a Hyperspace poll. My vote is that yes, he's still alive. And if you look closely in Episode III, you might just see him....

Q:Will part of Grievouses head acutally move when he talk that would represent his mouth? Or does his head no move at all while talking?

ROB: No part of his face will move during dialogue. Remember everybody, no mouth... just eyes.

Q: Any news on the theater sequence? Like what will be shown? Will it involve CGI performers?

ROB: It will involve CGI performers. George told me there'd be a Mon Calamari ballet called "Squid Lake."

Q:Is your team working on the creatures in E3? Can you tell us anything about these? Are they humongous, helpful, cute?

ROB: We have some large reptilian creatures, tall furry characters, we have small bug-like characters -- helpful, humongous, and cute.

Q: Any moments in the film where Padme is CG?

ROB: There currently is one or two shot where it would necessitate her being CG.

Q: Can we get another annomyous quote from EP3? Please?

ROB:
Shot number CJC535: "Act on this, we must..."
Shot finaled on May 20th.

But I won't say who said it.

Sith Master X
Hmm, wonder who said that, I must! lol laughing out loud
Thanks for the info.

SMX
cool

darktim1
sounds cool to me can't wait to see general grievious in the trailer.

Sith Master X
Same here, GG's gonna rock.

SMX
cool

Lyn
Thanx for that Dark_PadawanZ...thumb uphappy
CG Padme...??

Dark_PadawanZ
Thnkss lyn
CG Padme: needed during Force choke/Force fling on Mustafar?

Being pregnant shes obviously not in action scene's, so the only time she would need to be CG, surely, is when Anakin attacks her.

crybaby

I like your Sig...Lyn...is very nice ... artist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.