Was Luke stronger in the force then Vader?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
I know Anakin was the chosen one but then why did Palpatine say that he could take his father's place when he was trying to convert him to the darkside.He was willing to kill the chosen one for another?Does that mean that Luke is stronger in the force?

Dim
Maybe Palpatine sensed Vader's love for his son and knew that he would betray him...

theEviljedi
Hmmm.Interesting.

Xantos Clone
hmmmm....all good points, but I can't forget how only Vader can do things like choke people with the force via a hologram...nowhere near his victims!!!! and block blaser fire with both hands (ok there mechanical, but so what!)

I think palpatine wanted luke to take his place because he knew that vader could replace him (paply)...He would have more control over Luke...he may have also sensed that vader wanted to "DESTROY THE EMPEROR AND RULE THE GALAXY AS FATHER AND SON"

As usual, the sith lords are plotting to kill each other off....geeezzz, these sith lords today...

Dim
Exactly smile It's every Sith for himself...

Darth Daft
Seeing as Emporer Palpatine can foresee the future (or so he says) maybe he knows that Vader will kill him. He is probably trying to CHANGE THE FUTURE. He is concerned about what is going to happen, so he tries his best to turn Luke to the Dark Side.

King Jedi
And Vader was getting older. I think Palpatine just wanted a new apprentice.

theEviljedi
Palpatine was old yet still had great powers so why can Vader?

Darth Daft
Because he is part machine and also, Palpatine has probably been a member of the Dark Side all of his life. Anakin was turned halfway through his life

Xantos Clone
ahhh.....do we really know that paply was on the dark side all of his life?...

I think they both were plotting to kill each other since TESB....

"YES........YES......CAN IT BE DONE?....."

Darth Heinous
Darth Vader WAS stronger . . . BUT Luke had MORE potential. Read Dark Empire to find out how Luke does as a Dark Jedi. At one point, Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine (actually, it's his clone) knocks Luke to his butt with a blast of Force Lightning and shouts "The great Darth Vader was a sick man in an iron mask!" Sidious told Luke that Vader never fully embraced the darkside and that Luke could be even stronger than Vader if he did.

King Jedi
But that is the EU so it's not realy cannon.

Darth Daft
Personally I think Luke is stronger. It hasn't been confirmed yet that Anakin is the chosen one. The Jedi are just assuming that he is. We may find out that he is just the father of the chosen one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.