The Fourth Official KMC Forums Sig Making Contest!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
Back by popular demand, this is the fourth sig contest. The following are the basic rules (adapted from last years).

This competition is open to any registered member of the forums. Here is what we want entrants to do: Simply make a new signature image for yourself, that you might use at these forums. Make it as well as you can, something that you can be really proud of. Post it here. Then, when submissions are over, Raz and lil_b will judge the sigs and pick three winners, one for each of the following categories.

1. Best-looking signature, a simple award for the one that simply looks the best

2. Best designed signature, an award for the one that the judges feel was the most expertly and competently created.

3. The cleverest signature, an award for the signature that the judges think has the cleverest concept- originality and thought count a lot here.

Closing date for this competition is 23:59:59 July 14th 2004. Please, take your time, as we will only be accepting single submissions; don't submit until you are sure you are finished.

When you are done, post your entry in this thread as an attachment. Please do not use this thread for anything other than posting entries! We have had difficulties with this before- this thread really is for entries only. If you wish to discuss the contest, please do it here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=299036

Please, all queries there, this thread is just for entries.

Signatures can be of any form you like- scanned pics (so long as a reasonable amount of effort is done to make it your own) or pieces of art built from scratch. Certain things are more likely to win certain awards- scanned stuff tends to look better but a well made piece from scratch is far more likely to win the design award. Your name does not HAVE to be on the sig but that is the custom- if your name is not on the sig it had best be for a design reason. If you want to accompany your entry with an explanation of how you created it, that would be welcomed.

Please observe the following rules:

1. Of course, the decision of the judges is final, and no argument will be entered into.

2. The sig cannot be more than 100K large data-wise, and must not be so big as to disrupt the formatting of the page. It can be as small as you like, it just might not get noticed if it is tiny.

3. We have to be satisfied that the signature was created yourself, and not just taken from somewhere else- it is a sig MAKING contest after all. And it has to be a new signature, made specifically for this contest.

4. Do not start using your entry as an actual signature until the contest is done! This makes it VERY hard for us to tell if you were using it beforehand or not! Any entry actually being used as a sig will not be valid.

5. It has to be a sig that we can reasonably accept would appear on the KMC forums. This includes many common sense things like it likely having a link to one the the movies covered here, and probably containing your name. More importantly, though, it must be G-rated, no profanity, or nudity, and so on.

6. ONLY ONE ENTRY IS ALLOWED. Make sure your sig is finished before posting it; only your first entry will be accepted- mistakes and all.

7. We reserve the right to change the rules at any time, for which you will have to rely on our common sense as we will rely on yours.

-

So please, post your entries- and only your entries!- here.

(Original rules courtesy of Ushgarak)

Trinity_Matrix
Hah, first to enter big grin just finished it up...

VENOMfan
Here I go...

Nazzy
there

Cinemaddiction
I'm going old school, hope someone can appreciate it.

DeAdLy KaRnAgE
5 to enter

Godshinto
Alright I usually wait till I see some of the work, But I am very confident with this one. This is a Custom GIF sig and it took me hours to do I had to do alot of work to get this hope you like it.

You also asked us to explain our sigs and why we created them well I recently seen the movie, during the movie I thought to myself that it would make a great signature as long as I could find the right picks, well I couldn't find the right ones so I had to create them. GL to the rest of the Makers.

Sweetest Sin
I thought I'd just enter for fun smile
Here's one I've been working on for a couple days.

Jedi Priestess
not a designer, I cant figure out photoshop for the life of me, but I like its simplicity, the way it looks and it portrays a kind of a calm before the storm to come.......only my 2nd effort be gentle

DeAdLy KaRnAgE
Heres a new one i just wipped up

moshtitan
well, this would be the 2nd one ive done. i always thought it would be cool to see myself in a symbiote(thats me in the background), so thats what i did mine on.

ArrghPirateGirl
Interesting (at my grans and this the only 1 i got here) Just entering coz i can!!!

Scotty
heres my entry.

im burlyman
Entry complete. no expression

SoundZero
Not really a movie signature, but I thought it turned out... All PS-CS baby!

Dexx
phew.....tiresome work with this one.
i've worked a lot..even on the code (with the digits) you find in the background (not to metnion the others)...rearranging streams and stuff.
i tried to find and original idea with integrating 'Dexx' in it..i usually don't like to just write it in with a font...if you noticed.
had some setbacks with the text in it.....didn't know which one to choose. ended up with that one....with a few modifications
...bleh ....worked a lot with it...and....it turned out ok, i guess.
you tell me ..smile

DeAdLy KaRnAgE
here one i made for me that moved but it wus to big so i made it a reg. sig and i never used it

BadKitty
okay I didn't want to enter so soon,but worried I'd be pressed for time.so here my tribute to Marilyn Monroe

crazy_c
my contribution....

champion
one sig i made

champion
and here is the other sig i made and the best sig is my etry

champion
okay this is my entry

Yawn
Heres my entry.

im not burlyman
um

Reckless
I'll add mine too smile One for the lovely Liv Tyler as a fortune telling gypsy stick out tongue

Darth Revan
Alright here's mine, probably won't win anything but what the hell. So this is a Tool themed sig, originally I was going to do a Tool one but it looked very different... and crappy. So it's just some pictures of Keenan performing and some lyrics from the song "Reflection". Hope ya like it.

RaventheOnly
What the heck:

dave123
here's my entry... took me literally 2 minutes and was just meant to be a joke... don't expect to win stick out tongue

and if Raz or lil are reading this... it's NOT a joke wink

jesusmonkey777
i feel so proud!!1 my first sig ever!!! its simple but im proud

SpikeSpiegel
Here we are, after 2 hours of drawing, scanning and painting I've finally finished:

TOH
smile

RaventheOnly
I read the rules this time big grin srry about the earlier miss-hap ...still rather embarassed messed But this one took a bit and i put a lot of new stuf i learned into it.... :

Ellen
i like this one happy

BakaXero
hopefully this uploads ok...
this sig is ment to be seen with 3d glasses...
for maximum effect please make sure sig is at eye level
trying to be original big grin stick out tongue
probably wont win cause judges most likely have 3d glasses on them... sad

Jedi Priestess
ok, one last time, if this doesnt work I give up, thanks Kes &BK. I only have photo expression to work with and this is my second try at a sig...

Guardian_Rikku
Here's my entry...

Nienna
Last minute sig stick out tongue

golden moon
mine...

lil bitchiness
OK, the results are in, and after many hours upon hours of scrutiny me and Raz have decided on the following:

The winners of the The Fourth Official KMC Forums Sig Making Contest are:

1. Best Looking Signature - VENOMfan

2. Best Designed Signature - TOH

3. The Cleverest Signature - Dexx

Congratulations!

Also, I would like to add, that the drawing contest will be up and running very soon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.