Fourth Sig Making Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
Please discuss the sig making contest here. Do not post anything but submissions in the other thread.

LilKitty
Wow, we have a first entry, Trinity_Matrix, very nice TM. yes

Ushgarak
Looking good TM...

Let's see how long it takes for someone to nonetheless post a non-submission in the submisison thread. It's been three out of three so far...

Actually, it is amazing how much we had to tighten up the rules after the first one. The ***-for-tat battle of "oh, his looks better than mine, how about I submit this one instead?" got ludicrous...

VENOMfan
I hope squabbling dosent occur. it's just a sig contest

Ushgarak
Heck it censors t it?

Oh well, so you would think, but it seems some people take them pretty darn seriously.

im not burlyman
you can say shit and not t it laughing out loud

im burlyman
Are animated sigs within the 100K size allowed? huh I'm not planning on it but I don't know if that would be an unfair adavntage?

Ushgarak
There have been animated ones before, so unless there has been a rule change it should be fine.

Trinity_Matrix
Heh, thanks guys yes that one's probably my favorite sig I've made so far...and I've probably made about 30 for KMC so far blink

I can't wait to see what all the other ones look like, all the ones entered so far are really good.

Godshinto
I made this one but I might make another one.

http://www.izabel.info/uploads/sigc1.gif

Trinity_Matrix
That's really cool. I love animated sigs, I'm just too lazy to make them laughing out loud even though I've got a really good animation program...heh...

Cinemaddiction
I decided to take a little more classic approach with my submission. It's one of myself and one of KMC's newest members, *Alison*.

I'm superbly limited with what I can do, working with PSP 8. Any ideas as to what programs I should look into using? I can get them all, upgrades included, for free.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

TOH
Well PSP is not that bad... I've been making my sigs using PSP 7.04 wink

Godshinto
Yhea I used Ulead Photo Impact 7.0 and there are newer versions out but I like that on the best. By the way I posted my submission I like it.

SpikeSpiegel
The 14th!!!???/ I've got to get to work at once! I am determined to get at least 1 award this year (I'ld settle for runner up stick out tongue)

Godshinto
What do you all think of my entry?

Raz
I've removed DeAdLy KaRnAgE as he has used it in the past.

Please remember people, original entries only!

Dexx
wow..lots of people already posting their entries...i'd have thought you chaps would study the competition first. oh well....gotta get to it i guess. but what to do...what to do. *echo*

oh..i don't see why people consider gifs (moving sigs) unfair.....they're perfectly competeable...by far unfair to the others. deppends what you manage to do with one...

LilKitty
I agree with Dexx, actually. Gifs should be allowed really.

Dexx
they are..it just that certain individuals are moaning about it smile

Trinity_Matrix
laughing out loud I use that, too...that, Animation Shop 3, and Photoshop 7.

Dexx
adobe photoshop comes with iamge ready. you can animate in there

Godshinto
Yhea because even before I used my GIF animator I created 13 seperate signatures and cordinated movemen over all of them I had 13 time more work than everyone else.

Trinity_Matrix
I have Image Ready, just have been too damn lazy to bother with it laughing out loud Animation Shop works fine for me...besides, right now I'm concentrating on learning Flash.

What GIF program have you got, Godshinto? I like your entry btw.

Godshinto
Yhea Flash is Great I took a little of it in College but I presently use Ulead full package it has a GIF animator. Really simple no layers. Thanx I like the entry alot too I could of done an even more complicated sig, BUT I'm Lazy

Jedi Priestess
good lord I am getting old.........I scanned the rules and completely missed the one about not using your sig......until someone gave me hell for it.......therefore I withdraw....sorry about that sad Imma quit wandering around these forums and stick to the rooms I know best.

Dexx
nope..just read the rules carefully and post another entry..no harm done.

LilKitty
Nothing to worry about JP. smile

Just get another entry, it will be all good, as Dexx said.

LilKitty
Please dont post any other chit chat in that other thread either. This thread is for discussion.

I have delited all the posts that didnt have enteries in them and were a discussion.

Please use this thread or a PM for chit chat.

Thanks.

Dexx
so that makes the...4 out of 4, ush smile

LilKitty
I really dont know what to do to entesise to people not to post chit chat in the sig contest entry thread!

Dexx
yay!..all done smile

silver_tears
Very interesting dexx big grin

TOH
mad

stick out tongue
Very clever indeed! yes

Cinemaddiction
Be sure to review the rules before submitting your entires, people. I alone have noticed alot of rules being broken.

Lets keep it fair.

SpikeSpiegel
I'm still trying to work out what to do my sig on, I've got some ideas it's just a question of which one to choose and how to implement it.

Reckless
Cool, Dexx. I like that one!

Dexx
thank you, thank you..

LilKitty
Nice one Dexx! smile

TOH droolio I cant wait for your entry!

Dexx
hah!..i expect impartiality from you...so stop drulling around stick out tongue

TOH
laughing

LilKitty
Whats ''drulling''? blink

Its hardly impartiality from me, how exactly did you conclude that? messed

But yeah, me and many others cannot wait for TOH's entry, since his sigs are always amazing.

And if drulling = drooling, i was drooling at TOH not you anyway.huh

Dexx
that drooling stick out tongue
i wasn't accusing you of anything, relax....

LilKitty
blink I know!

droolio

Its called Droolio! stick out tongue

Dexx
i cannot attach an '-ing' ending to mr Droolio stick out tongue...so i had to use the verb

silver_tears
droolio

Jedi Priestess
Very nice Dexx

Dexx
happy

LilKitty
eek! nice one BK!

Ushgarak
Bingo! Fascinating in its own way. No matter how much attention we pay to that point it never fails to be broken.

Dexx
yup...a desease, are humans i tell ye
but we could lock the thread, post the entries here..and the the mod adds them there one by one.

LilKitty
No need, i delited all posts that are not signature entries.

Raz
Great entries so far, and only five days in!

Jedi Priestess
oooo Kitty I love MM........good job! smile

BadKitty
big grin thanks guys,you make me feel like I got's a chance!smoke

im not burlyman
Chrissy yours is great cool

Darth Revan
pfft thats nothin'.... I use Photoshop 5.5 stick out tongue

Dexx
get a newer version....the difference is..notable smile

Darth Revan
I bet it is, but I happened to already have 5.5 when I got my new computer and I didn't have a hundred bucks on hand to spend on a newer version of Photoshop... I'm saving up though, so hopefully I can get a copy soon thumb up

LilKitty
*sigh*

I wish people would take 2 minutes and read the rules. One entry per person, i delited champion's entry because he/she entered 2 sigs.

VENOMfan
Yup. the rules are pretty cut and clean

TOH
mad

It's getting hard..... confused nice sig! big grin

Silver Stardust
BK, yours is awesome. Same with yours, Dexx. I feel my chances of winning have flown out the window sad Especially once TOH posts his...

I use PSP 7 and Photoshop 7, and both rock. I'd like Photoshop CS, but can't afford it...sadly enough. I've got Illustrator CS and Flash 5 though, and both those programs are awesome. Too bad I don't really know much Flash...

Darth Revan
yeah... I was a little irritated, because I PMed her telling her that she needed to edit one of them out or something, because I knew they would get deleted... She said thanks or something, but she didn't do anything about it... Ah well, people get what they pay for. erm

Silver Stardust
There will always be people who don't follow the rules, it's inevitable.

Cinemaddiction
Yawn's entry needs to be removed. It's being used as we speak, as well as not being a new creation.

Yawn
Oh... sorry...

I PMed Lil to remove my entry, because I read the rules after I posted then I created a new one with the same theme.

Dexx
also champion has his entry in his galery also...it's not made for this contest, speciffically

LilKitty
Removed your entry! thumb up

Evy_O
hmm... nice entries big grin so far I like some more than others, but I don't think it's nice to say big grin

Lil B> I really like your sig too, is it Alyssa Milano? eek!

Darth Revan
hey lil... I made a nono when I was posting my entry in the contest... So there's a post in there needs deleting...

LilKitty
All done DR! happy

Evy_O> Thanks happy Its not Alyssa Molano, although that gives me a great idea for a sig! eek! I found this photograph and i really liked it big grin

LilKitty
Again, it is really frustrating that people refuse to read the rules!

I just removed another entry because the sig entered was the sig that is currently beng used and this is the 6th post in that thread i thad to edit because people are not reading the rules!

This is very annoying, if people are willing to participate in the contest, then the least they can do is read the rules

So, anyone who is about to enter the contest, please please read the rules!

Cinemaddiction
Anyone know of any good self help sites for using Photoshop? I've got 5.5, and tomorrow I'm picking up 7.0, and would really like to know how to use them.

silver_tears
post needs deleting yes
and dave I love yours laughing out loud

Darth Revan
try http://www.n-sane.net/

It's basically just some tutorials on how to do cool effects with Photoshop, I've done almost all of them just for fun... They look cool, and it's fun to play around with making variations on them once you have the basic idea.

Dexx
yes

SpikeSpiegel
Finally, I've finished mine

Silver Stardust
Also check out http://planetphotoshop.com -- I've used the tutorials on there before, they're quite good. Also, just playing around with Photoshop is one of the best way to figure out how to use it and what it can do yes

AWESOME entry, Dave laughing out loud That's hilarious....

Dexx
wow..i've done most of those on n-sane today..didn't know most of 'em.....now i'm almost sorry i posted my entry already stick out tongue

anyway..i'll toy with what i learned until i master them stick out tongue

Dexx
i especially liked the buttons smile..yes...made myself a msn avvie just a second ago

Reckless
Wow. TOH's one is really good!

Silver Stardust
Nice avvie, Dexx yes

blink TOH your entry is GREAT.

Dexx
thx...

yeees..yes...it's rather impressive smile
you're talented.

silver_tears
TOH I love it eek!love
It's very impressive happy

lil bitchiness
eek! My god TOH!! Your entry is awesome!!!

Jedi Priestess
TOH! EXCELLENT JOB!! and I liked that movie alot.

BadKitty
TOH is a genius and I am glad to see I'm not the only person in the world that actually like 'the time machine'

furryman
Yup great sig, I thought the movie was alright.. Mamba is hot wink

TOH
Thanks!!! eek! (believe me, it took a lot of work...confused )

VENOMfan
TOH....your sig own's friggin BAD. nice work

furryman
blink
what does that mean

TOH
A good thing, I hope confused

laughing out loud

VENOMfan
Ha your BOTH wrong! hahaha...

oh no TOH got it..... pretty much it was a great entry

silver_tears
TOH I love the current sig love

TOH
Almost my entry for the contest ... smile

silver_tears
It's so creative, bravo clap

Cinemaddiction
For cryin' out loud, TOH's work is inspirational.

It has throughly inspired me to quit making these damn things.. miffed

(Hope you don't mind the new sig, Venom) ninja

TOH
confused Thanks (?) I think.... laughing out loud

VENOMfan
Course not, Im glad im not the only one who liked the Goblin!

Godshinto
Don't get me wrong I like your sigs and all I always have. But you weren't the only one to make a moving sig they aren't that hard to make you have to look on how many things they made change and how complicated it was and how well all of the frames work together. It's difficult to make GIF sigs complicated and simple all at the same time.

I should of Jugged this Contest this will be my Fourth Contest and my Final one no matter if I get a prize or not I was the one that started them all. I started alot of the sigs on this board look at the creator of the Signature request Thread yep good ol me started it and yet lil is the mod for the Forum.

silver_tears
Lil is mod for art therefore mod for the sub forum.
Not to mention you have been absent recently for a long while no?

Cinemaddiction
I'm a big overall Willem Dafoe fan, including "Speed 2".

I'm not going to quit, in all honesty, I'm just such a novice when it comes to PSP/PS. I figure, you guys hold down the extreme digital art side of things, I'll stick to the creative manipulation of pics, etc.

For example, my glitzy new Las Vegas version "Rounders" sig, I just threw together.

Darth Revan
*sigh* For christ sake, Godshinto, talk about total lack of humility roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lil is the mod of the art forum because honestly, you've started acting all arrogant and high and mighty since around December, maybe sooner. Maybe if you didn't go around talking about how great it is that you started the big signature thing, people would still have the same amount of respect for you they had back when I first joined. I hate to be so brutally honest with anybody, but you're coming across as a complete as$hole right now.

Godshinto
I became arrogant because people became retarded they asked for stupid things, that's when I kind of stopped making sigs. Smug my ass I have not been absent thi whole time I hve read all of the forums on a daily basis I didn't find anything intresting to post on. And lack of Humility come on it's a sub forum of a forum that no one harly ever visits only a few choice people will actually read this. And don't use Christ in vane.

Darth Revan
First, you became arrogant before this forum existed. Second, more people come in here than in the Art Forum itself. And finally, this:

"I should of Jugged this Contest this will be my Fourth Contest and my Final one no matter if I get a prize or not I was the one that started them all. I started alot of the sigs on this board look at the creator of the Signature request Thread yep good ol me started it and yet lil is the mod for the Forum."

Seems totally unrelated in any way to people becoming retarded and asking for stupid things. Sounds to me like you're just bragging about how you started the sig image thing, and then using that as an excuse to b!tch about how you're not a mod. I apologize if it wasn't meant that way, but that sure as hell is what it sounds.

TOH
Godshinto, of course I know I'm not the only one to make animated sigs wink . But some animations are a litttle bit harder to make than others. Example: to make the clock move in looping, you must choose the correct frames and only few frames (we have a 100 Kb limit). And I had to make them all from one clock picture. no expression
Well, I hope you keep making your sigs, they are great. But if you are not more interested in participating in the future contests is up to you. And as silver_tears put lil was the mod of art forum and now mod of the subforums and do not see any problem. I hope you change your mind about those things and keep the good job.

Godshinto
I found this burried in the general forum take a look.

Godshinto
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f11/t8996.html

and read this this is what started it all.

Reckless
I suppose it is a competition whistle

It is great this place has history :P

Dexx
*sigh*

i don't even realise what we're arguing about in here?
if godshinto wants us to pay him tribute for coming with this idea...well...that's just silly and beyond any comment. but what does it have to do with the contest.
yes, toh made a moving sig, and yes you did too, godshinto..but as you said the technique isn't that really difficult. thing is, we who make them know it....but most of the viewers don't. so your goal in a moving sig is in making it look jaw dropping at the end...The tehcnique is hidden...how it looks at the end is what matters. and i think toh did a pretty good job with that.

i just don't see why you wanted to be a judge, nor why do you think you earned that right. just as i don't see what doing sigs for members or not has any bearing on participating in the contest..

lil bitchiness
I do not see the sagnificance of discussing this issue! If you have any complains about who moderates this forum or who judges it, I suggest you talk to Raz

This kind of discussions do not slove anything Godshinto, especially not on the boards.

Godshinto
i did go to Raz about it, you'll see.

BakaXero
man you need too chill
get all worked up and ecxited wont help you much...

BadKitty
thats fine and dandy,but he did make LiL the mod of this forum after she campaigned for it. so if you like it or not her rules stand.

so lets all get back on topic please.

RaventheOnly
It doesn't matter who started anything... its now that matters and now is the 4th annual.... how about we talk about that smile

Very nice TOH i like the animation you added eek!

silver_tears
Baka yours is wicked eek!
Very original and cool thumb up

Raz
Please use this thread to talk about the contest ONLY. Any other issues should be taken elsewhere.

Getting back on topic....nice entry TOH! wink

Silver Stardust
Baka's is cool, even though I could never stand Rinoa, I love the 3D effect yes

Jedi Priestess
I like it tooooo...........just wish I had a pair of 3-D glasses. sad

Jedi Priestess
ok I posted my entry but the board went weird the first try and I got a blank post huh so can Raz, Kes, BK anyone delete that blank one please..sorry for that. messed

TOH
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/2/sign20.gif
http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/sign/2/sign03.gif embarrasment

BadKitty
deleted the blank post but I don't see a pic in the second post JP..maybe it's just my comp.

lil bitchiness
JP, I delited your other post from the thread, since there is no sig showing.

In what format is your sig saved? It might be in the wrong format when you post it.

BK - its not your comp, it either didnt attach or JP forgot to attach it. There was no attachment present when i clicked on 'edit'

Jedi Priestess
wooooo hoooooo finally got the bloody thing posted! Thanks girls! smile

BakaXero
thx for the compliments Silver tears and Alana (Silver Stardust)

lil bitchiness
Very nice JP! happy

Everyone else, great work!!

Darth Revan
nice sig ya got there Milla yes

r0otsh3ll
hello i'm new here and was wondering if you can make a sig for me. something that says r0otsh3ll and has something dealing with computers, binary, maxtrix, linux, code, or digital. ty

Dexx
this discussion is strictly for the sig making contest. head for the request thread

lil bitchiness
Yup, if you want a signature ask in Signature Request Thread

Dexx
isn't it supposed to be closed today?

lil bitchiness
At 12am stick out tongue

another half an hour! stick out tongue

Darth Revan
Hey Dexx, I notice you used the glass button tutorial from n-sane cool

Dexx
yes i loved it..i made tons of buttons until i figured out how to do it from scratch. i could make one anytime now...*joy*

Darth Revan
Cool, looks good in your sig yes

lil bitchiness
Alrighty, well its way past midnight, I should close the other thread?

Darth Revan
I don't know... Theoretically you should wait until it's midnight in the states... It's only 4:20 in the afternoon Pacific time erm

But I doubt anybody is going to enter now..

Godshinto
Why isn't it locked yet and when will judging be comensed.

Scotty
its thursday the 15th in australia yes

Dexx
ppl are posting entries...after the deadline thumb down

BakaXero
oh boy oh boy
the judging has begun
i hope i win something...
ill take the booby prize if i have to...
kidding....
im getting nervous

SpikeSpiegel
Shouldn't it be closed by now?

lil bitchiness
Closed.

Raz and I will be announcing winners today at 9 or 10pm GMT .

Jedi Priestess
er what does that translate to in the states?

golden moon
what time is it there at the kmc???

Dexx
deppends jp. the states have gmt -5 to -7 or 8hours i think.

lil bitchiness
Yep, Dexx is right, if you are in Cali then it could be -8 hour differance, as opposed to if you are in New York then its -5 hours differance.

golden moon
in how many hours will the winner be announced???

silver_tears
Good luck everyone who entered, very impressive thumb upbig grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>