Movies that make you go "huh?!??"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dragonpisces272
There are movies out there that stop in the wrong places, or you just dont know what the heck's going on. What are some of those movies?

Myth
huh?!??

botankus
Any non-comedy after a 12-pack.

amlap
REDNECK ZOMBIES!

burlyman
I didn't understand Parent Trap

Im_Fuzzy
KPAX (took me five times watching it to finaly understand it)

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud

Its more complex than Matrix, i dont blame you...no

BackFire
Everybody Poops is more complex then the matrix.

lil bitchiness
Jeepers Creepers made me go ''What the f**k?'' rather than ''huh''

octapushunter
anna kournikova makes my petey go "huh?!?"

Discos
The Godfather 2,

Discos - watched it four times and still don't get it

Lord Soth
Runaway Jury What the f**k?

Cinemaddiction
"Runaway Jury" was pretty cut and dry for me.

My vote goes to "Pi".

Kes
laughing I agree!

alic88
matrix revolutions

Dario Argento
First time I saw Jodorowsky's Fando & Lis I was pretty confused.

dragonpisces272
yes

Korri
the cheese pie film

Lord Soth
The Pelican Brief

Stewie is God
ocean's eleven....i still am confused about how they got away with that

Kes
Script: They get away.

Thats how mate wink

Cinemaddiction
With what? The Bellagio heist? They had guys on the inside do the job, and they piped the feed of the the makeshift Bellagio vault into the security surveilance at the Bellagio.

Pretty easy.

tybrew
Memento was one that i had to watch a second time to finally put all the pieces together. Great film

Dogbert
Vanilla Sky... huh

kiyana_ayame
Akira (anime) it just stops making sense half way through

landylurver
donnie darko makes u go HUH!! blink

landylurver
it is so weird wiv frank da rabbit and its goofy teeth! u dont no wots happening in da movie!

landylurver
fanx 4 the address

landylurver
bye

eleveninches
Sixth sense.

You have to watch it again after you realize what happens at the end of the movie.

Gregory
Pi. Wierd movie, that.

kalantiaw
planet of the apes huh then after the shock phase, you go to the denial (the damn dirty apes never really took over, did they?) phase, then accepting the fact that the damn dirty apes really did take over... damn you, dirty apes... DAMN YOU!!!

periera
I've got two:

"Eye of the Beholder" (What the hell DID Ashley Judd say at the end of that movie,anyway??????)

and

"The Virgin Suicides"

Yeah, Donnie Darko is a bit confusing. I still need to watch it a second time. It's basically all about time travel though, I think.

eleveninches
Donnie darko.

Though the ending is somewhat predictable as soon as his mother and sister on the plane fly into a storm

Blind-Enemy
THE USUAL SUSPECTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blind-Enemy
Requiem for a dream !!! because it's really disturbing

Asami
Wild Things. But that had a great twist.

Blind-Enemy
THE USUAL SUSPECTS!!!!!!!!!!! this movie has so many twists and layers and THAT ENDING! would make you go huh?!?!?

cgtuna21
Pulp Fiction was like what the hell is going on and definately same with Acopolypse Now

Sigillum_Diaboli
Butterfly Effect confused

K-Paxien
the one movie that confused me the most was Cabin fever did any one see the ending it was strange.

Leo.M
meet joe black no expression i didn't get it confused1

Solo
Originally posted by K-Paxien
the one movie that confused me the most was Cabin fever did any one see the ending it was strange.

I actually enjoyed Cabin Fever, I think it's pretty underrated. The ending wasn't exactly strange, unless you're referring tot he "pancakes" scene.

K-Paxien
i was referring to the rednecks acting like their black and the hillbilly music.

MovieNarc
That's an easy one for me, Lost In Space. It's like they ran out of money and just stopped filming...

The last line was something like "Let's go!"

gshkris7272
Cabin Fever was pretty weird.

mattador
Batman & Robin = teh huh??

Mando
Hardly any movies make me go "huh". But out of all, Total Recall got me.

ladygrim
i still dont get the matrix so i gave in trying to figure that out
and donnie darko's a kewl 'huh'

Mando
Originally posted by ladygrim
i still dont get the matrix so i gave in trying to figure that out
and donnie darko's a kewl 'huh'

It helps alot to watch The "animatrix" and play the matrix videogames.

ladygrim
^havent got the patience laughing out loud maybe one day

FistOfThe North
A Clockwork Orange, definetely made me go "Huh!?!!" I just now finish watching it for the 1st and last time, lol.

bksdrums
the movie that confuses me was Spartan. that movie had some holes in it, bad

Tptmanno1
Donnie Darko was one I had to think about for days to actually get, but I think I get it.
Also, The Seventh Seal, the one I had my old sig about. Thats a great movie, and really makes you think, but more on a philosophical, out of the characters sence too though. Really really good.

Mando
Originally posted by Tptmanno1
Donnie Darko was one I had to think about for days to actually get, but I think I get it.
Also, The Seventh Seal, the one I had my old sig about. Thats a great movie, and really makes you think, but more on a philosophical, out of the characters sence too though. Really really good.

Yes it was. I unlike others, Understood it after the first viewing.

Solo
Originally posted by Mando
Yes it was. I unlike others, Understood it after the first viewing.

Completely agree. Although, it like all other movies, had a few plot holes.

Red Superfly
The Harry Potter films tend to make me very confused.

I haven't read any of the books before, so most of the time I'm just thinking "WTF?"

Things just happen in those films, with little to no explanation or justification. Characters appear because they are in the books, but due to the constant cutting and trimming, events and premises make little to no sense.

I was watching the Chamber Of Secrets the other day, and that film in general, confuses the hell out of me. The characters just wander around going to places, such as visiting a huge spider-monster, and it makes no sense. Hagrid selfishly sends the heroes to their doom by telling them to follow spiders into the forest, where they come close to being eaten. Why does everybody rely on Harry Potter to do everything? What the hell is wrong with the teachers sorting the mess out? It's their damn fault everytime. They just stand around talking doing nothing, in every damn movie. Then they are surprised that Harry & Co have actually botherred to do anything, and always lecture them about being reckless. The teachers are utter idiots in these films.

Why does the entire population of the school suddenly flock to the scene of the cat's "death" soon after Harry & Co stumble across it. Not only that, but the films (and possibly the books) have some bizarre logic. Why is there a chamber containing a lethal 50 foot snake located in secret below a childrens school? Why does Hogwarts risk the lives of every child that goes there, every year, and get away with it as if nothing happened? I know it's supposed to be quirky and strange, but keeping a pissed off giant snake and a giant cerberus-esque three headed dog on the premesis of a kids school, which is situated next to a forest containing millions of giant flesh eating spiders, is just taking the piss.

Gimme easier to understand films, like Donnie Darko, any day.

Mando
Originally posted by Red Superfly

Gimme easier to understand films, like Donnie Darko, any day.

Donnie darko being easier to undertand than Harry potter?

honestly that's the first time I've ever heard that. laughing out loud

Tptmanno1
Red> This is why I don't especailly like the movies. They have turned into illustrations from the book. They are entertianing yes, but not stand alone. It has become, moreso than the first ones, that you HAVE to read the book in order to even be able to follow along with the movie. It's not a stand alone medium anymore. And thats bad, The movies are now catering directly to the fan-girls that will see the movie just so they can see their favorite character, If they even have on besides Harry, Ron and Hermionie.

If you are going to make an adaption of a book. Make it stand alone. Make it so that you can see it without reading the book and still get it.
Hitchcock did it with 'The Birds"
Milos Forman did it with " One flew over the Cuckoo's nest."
Now they need to do it with Harry Potter.

Mando
Red> This is why I don't especailly like the movies. They have turned into illustrations from the book. They are entertianing yes, but not stand alone. It has become, moreso than the first ones, that you HAVE to read the book in order to even be able to follow along with the movie. It's not a stand alone medium anymore. And thats bad, The movies are now catering directly to the fan-girls that will see the movie just so they can see their favorite character, If they even have on besides Harry, Ron and Hermionie.

If you are going to make an adaption of a book. Make it stand alone. Make it so that you can see it without reading the book and still get it.
Hitchcock did it with 'The Birds"
Milos Forman did it with " One flew over the Cuckoo's nest."
Now they need to do it with Harry Potter.

I wholeheartedly agree. If you can't do something right, Don't bother doing it as I always say.

Tptmanno1
Yea, but their not gonna stop.
Their raking in way too much cash to do that.

Killer Terror
"The Grudge" was compleatly dumb, it had no plot at all. It was just plain DUMB!

Xtremechik2
The Fog

selest
Haven't seen many of the movies you have all listed and I think I know why. However a movie that I have seen and wished I hadn't for I don't really think their was a plot thus just a huge big HUH is left on the eyes of the viewer.

Elisabeth....I mean really having been told it was the best film ever I watched it, thank god not at the cinema I waited until the DVD came out but man getting through that movie was like.....well use your imagination. sick

Killer Terror
"The Village" was stupid. I mean the plot was pointless, it had no meanig at ALL!

LiL nAstY GirL
Darkness

Killer Terror
Darkness? As in Darkness Falls? Or just plain Darkness?

LiL nAstY GirL
Darkness with Lena Olin and the girl in X-men who played Rouge

Susan-Storm
My Giant what

Flavio
Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind made me go "huh" during the film, cause places were always changing, but at the end i understood everything.

Elektra made me go What the f**k? huh?!

And a lot of people say Requiem for a dream is confusing, but all i thought was that it gives me headache coz of the noisy sounds...

T.M
Originally posted by Flavio
Eternal Sunshine of the spotless mind made me go "huh" during the film, cause places were always changing, but at the end i understood everything.

Elektra made me go What the f**k? huh?!

And a lot of people say Requiem for a dream is confusing, but all i thought was that it gives me headache coz of the noisy sounds...

The only only part of Eternal Sunshine... that I didn't get was at the end when Joel and Clementine end up back in the car outside Clementine's house as they were earlier in the movie. I didn't and still don't get that.

Eis
Same here.

Flavio
to T.M.:
you mean when they start to listen to the tape? id have to watch it again to figure out...

the movie was complex to me, some "repeated" parts, i didnt know if was present, past.

T.M
to T.M.:
you mean when they start to listen to the tape? id have to watch it again to figure out...

the movie was complex to me, some "repeated" parts, i didnt know if was present, past.

Not sure she goes in to get her toothbrush. first time you see it you don't see her in the house you see Joel outside and talking to Patrick (Elijah Wood) 2nd time you do see her in the house.

Eternal Turmoil
Donnie Darko *shiver* confused I'm sure the screenwriter was drunk when he wrote that ending ...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Flavio
Originally posted by T.M
Not sure she goes in to get her toothbrush. first time you see it you don't see her in the house you see Joel outside and talking to Patrick (Elijah Wood) 2nd time you do see her in the house.

oh i know...i watched the dvd with the director's commentary and he says that they cut a part of that scene, making it the most surreal one in the movie(i think elijah was supposed to ask for cigarrette, and they cut, so you only see him saying thanks or somethng like that) its really confusing, but i thought had understood when i watched it blink

T.M
oh i know...i watched the dvd with the director's commentary and he says that they cut a part of that scene, making it the most surreal one in the movie(i think elijah was supposed to ask for cigarrette, and they cut, so you only see him saying thanks or somethng like that) its really confusing, but i thought had understood when i watched it blink

lol. I will have to watch it again... (only seen it once)

Flavio
so will i laughing

joeykangaroo
Originally posted by dragonpisces272
There are movies out there that stop in the wrong places, or you just dont know what the heck's going on. What are some of those movies?
i didnt get "The Village" at all (if thats what it's called).

princegoku
i knew someone would mention pulp fiction or akira at some point. sure they might be confusing at first but make more sense with time.

liesjeliev
Originally posted by Leo.M
meet joe black no expression i didn't get it confused1

I got it but I didn't like it confused wink

Killer Terror
Yeah it's called "The Village" and don't worry your not alone I didn't get it either! Also does anybody understand what "The Ring" was all about I didn't get it at all.

xredemption
I didn't get Stay at all. It had a really cool build-up but the end was like.. wtf? I had to read posts on imdb to sort-of get it. Still, things were unanswered in my opinion, but I may just be really dumb. o_0"
Also I had to watch The Usual Suspects a couple of times to get it. But every time it becomes clearer and better. =P

Dr_Joshua_Keyes
It would say Butterfly Effect.

dariga
"Stalker" of Tarkovsky! Thats the real huh without any questions. I dont like those disgusting movies like "blood on my teeth" or smth like that. It sucks

Killer Terror
Yeah I Agree with dariga! thumbup1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.