Skywalkers Father

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beyond_Batman
Who is Anakins Skywalkers father? I mean this question got into my head when I saw Jedi Priesstes sig which said

I am a Jedi Like My Father Before Me

Ushgarak
As stated in TPM, he doesn't have one.

The Innkeeper
on day his mom just 'concieved' apparently

like an alternative jesus stick out tongue

moonwalker741
shes a hermaphrodite < sp?, like cartments mom in south park stick out tongue

but yeh anikan has no father

and jedi priestess ment in her sig taht it wuz luke sayin the quote and had a pictur eof his father, anikan...

yerssot
alternative jesus? check all religions and myths, they just took it over

Jedi Priestess
First off my sig.... the line " I am a Jedi like my father before me" is one of the lines that Luke says in ROTJ......he is referring to Anakin who I have pictured. I just thought that fit nicely and Anakin is my favorite character in the films even when he is Darth vader.

My opinion about his father, and I will probably get told I'm weird for this, is that I kinda think Anakins fathers is "The Force" so to speak. His midi count is higher than anyone's has ever been and Schmi can attest to him not having another human as a father. It would explain too why Anakin is considered the chosen one. At least it does to me. smile

yerssot
actually JP... that's pretty much it ... there was no father... he is the chosen one, you must see it wink

Hit"Em"Up
picture shmi skywalker as the virgin marry.

im not a church freak or anything but

acorrding to my aunt virgin marry concived a child.

so in tpm its like that.

yerssot

Ushgarak
The 'not all births without a father have to be Jesus allegories' point is another one of those things I might have to pin up sometime...

<Tidus>
Wait but how can he not have a father? Its just crazy!! Neo from the Matrix had a father!!!! (OR did he??) Im sure he did and his the one! And how can he not have a father? Its just crazzzzy~!!!!

§pearhead
It was (we can assume) the "will of the force", he has no actual father

Jedi Priestess
Killer sig spear! smile

§pearhead
Thanks big grin

yerssot
you mean star wars is set up in the matrix too?? eek!

Batman316
I still think Shemi was Sidious's slave 'or lover or something' and she escaped him and fled to Tatooine (....although I think Anakin was a few years old by the time they got there) In TPM Palps seems 'overly' interested in Anakin. More-so than a Sith looking on his potential enemy or ally.
Also when Shemi was talking to Qui gon it was either terrible acting or she was flat out lying to him about Anakins birth.

Ken Benobi
Interesting point Batman....I have also heard that Sidious is largely responsible for Anakin's suffering, one way or another. Can anyone verify this, and if so does it exist only in EU?

Ushgarak
It's a fan theory dating from the post TPM months. No substance.

Shadow_King
well the force thing sounds cool so i will stick with force theory.

Unholly_Cheese
I thought that guy with no leg was his father

Ushgarak
No, that's his Step-father.

yerssot
Clieg Lars... Anakin Skywalker... hmmm, lasts names are different wink

Sith Master X
Good point, that takes care of that.

Jedi Priestess
argh again with this thread...........

Unholly_Cheese
huh? what about it?

Stuey..
I've searched but to no avail. I was wondering when Qui-Gon asks Shmi in episode 1 in the slave quarters about anakains father she says she raised him herself?

surely there must be a father?

Ushgarak
Probably want to search a tad more carefully! Merged.

Darth_Nefarus
JESUS!
George Lucas has said and I quote, "Anakin has not father, he was created by the force itself to combat the Sith and bring the force back into balance. Think of him as Jesus, only he decided to turn evil."

NEXT THREAD

Darth Subjekt
thank you DN

Darth_Nefarus
Subjekt, where's another thread the Sith can destroy?

eXSBass
Okay. If Anakin's mum gave birth by her self here's how I see it.

Only aliens reproduce Asexually.
This is due to the cells replicating it self with Mitosis, and not the usual Human form Mieosis....

...My god, Shmi's an Alien, which makes Anakin an Alien, which makes Luke and Leia half Alien, which makes the Solo children 1/4 Alien!

Jackie Malfoy
That was luke's line not ankins.Anyway GL did something stupid for that and it turns out that Ankin's mom just had him just like mary had jesus with no dad in the picture.
Plain stupid and not even creative.JM

Morridini
If u read some of the new spoilers from MF, then u will see that many people think that Palps used the midichlorians to create Anakin.
The spoiler I was thinking of: Darth Plagueis

Darth_Nefarus
Great, they think that, but the movie clearly states that the will of the force created Anakin, the prophecy says the same thing, and George Lucas said it as well.

Morridini
But a prophecy is never supposed to be taken literary, that's why there is always uncertainty around prophecies.

Jackie Malfoy
It is still very uncreative.JM

mtryder
Fatherless kids are overdone, I wish some mythology would include a motherless child. That would just be funny.

yerssot
*has terrible ideas about how that child would get born*

Darth_Nefarus
The force created Anakin! I don't understand how this is a difficult situation to grasp. It may be uncreative, and cliche, but oh well. Vader pretty much took out all of the Jedi, I'm willing to accept his origin based on what he does in the end.

Arsenal
I think it was very cool that Lucas made Anakin have no father like Jesus. I mean, what do you think would happen if Jesus turned evil? That's a scary thought.

ezzy
i thinks that sidious is the farther because he turns anikin to the dark side just like he dose to luke so if u add it up there trying to get the family on the dark side

Darth Vile
noo it was the midiclohrians in his mothers body thats the father.
Gui-gon even says it in episode 1

Red Superfly
*sigh*

George Lucas has confirmed that Anakin's father is Bendek Starkiller.

spekdah
I cant even beleive you have asked this question you stupid f**ken dweeb!!! didnt you see the movie you loser?!!!

Darth Travizzle
Ya, he didn't have a father...

gentmax
Qui Gon says something like "There's been a virgence in the Force". The way I saw that was that it happens. Rarely, but happens nonetheless.

matreid
Midichlorians created him.

b-dan
he has non anie was borught here by the force thats why he had no father and thats why themom was just pregnate one day

PloKoon
They said there was no father I believe that the force created created him

Saberstylemasta
Originally posted by b-dan
he has non anie was borught here by the force thats why he had no father and thats why themom was just pregnate one day

You are really inadequate at spelling and grammer.

Spiritos
Some of you have touched upon the fact that Palpatine quoted the legend: "The Tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise." There were two very important points contained in this story. The first was that Plagueis could create life and two that he could preserve life. Now at the time within Episode 3, when Palpatine told Anakin about the legend, I was more concerned about the saving of Padme from death, that I overlooked the fact that the force could create life. This may mean that Plagueis could be the father, or it was just a metaphor. It could also mean Palpatine learned how to create life from his possible master, which hasn't been confirmed entirely, but did not learn how to preserve life before he killed Plagueis. I myself believe that Plagueis was Palpatine's master and sith lord. Palpatine seemed very enthusiastic when he chuckled about Plagueis not being able to save himself from death. I agree with the others about Palpatine's close relationship with Anakin. Looking over Anakin while he grew up from a boy to a young man. Showing concern that Anakin was still alive after the battle with Obi-won. The father like composure Palpatine had when leaning over to touch Anakin on the shoulder while he laid there burnt. To me that seems like a father. Apart from all that, the fact still remains that Palpatine said that Plagueis could create life. So the Miticlorians could not have been stimulated without an outside stimulus. Hence, the father theory.

queeq
Palpy served as a surrogate dad, or at least used those sentiments to get close to Anakin in order to manipulate him. As for being the cause of Anakin's existence... there's no canonical clue to this.

MasterAshenVor
It could explain why Vader never tried to take the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith from Palpatine

queeq
Could... but so could the Power of the Darkside. It seems to me (and there ARE canonical clues to this) that serving a Dark Master is something close to mental slavery. "You don't understand the power of the Dark side. I must obey my master"

General G
Thats not a bad theory, what would those canonical clues be, just out of curiosity?

queeq
I just mentioned one...

JediRobin23
Darth Sidious is Anakins Father

queeq
Yeah...sure...

Count Makashi
The Force is Anakins Father, but he was a bad one, he left him and his mother, before Anakin was even born, how sad.

queeq
laughing out loud

General G
Originally posted by queeq
I just mentioned one...

Clues is plural though.

queeq
So are redundant threads. CLOSING.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.