Shatterpoint

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
OK this is the book that just came out. It's set between EP2 and EP 3. Anyone read this yet? If so spill please.

yerssot
just out? you mean in paperback then?

yeah, read it... at first it didn't strike me as pure star wars with Mace being a bit too arrogant... but all in all, a fairly good book that focus on emotions too

Jedi Priestess
yeah I meant in paperback. So is this all about Mace? He was on the cover of hte book I saw.

Dexx
oh..read it when it came out....
all about amce, and his adventure in the problems of his home planet. (civil war, etc..)
i liked it especially because he showed the badass part of mace in it..but not as much as to go over his training. Has some wannabe philosophical parts in it....which kind of drives you somewhat out of the sw universe...but i guess it's ok.
it's weird to see jedi master mace windu kicked around by a wolfman wink..or whatever that was...even if it was in his plan

also, offtopic....why do you (jedi priestess) have that text in your sig..when anakin doesn't have a father

Jedi Priestess
LOL why is that that so few "get" my sig?
"I am a Jedi like my father before me" was Luke's line to the Emporer on ROTJ.
My sig is symbolic of that. It shows Anakin as a Jedi.......before the bad things that are to come.
Thats why this is my favorite of all my sigs cause it makes you think, you get the sense of foreshadowing.

Sometimes ya gotta read between the lines and think outside the box big grin

yerssot
I got it the first time happy

and dexx pretty much placed the finger right on it: it doesn't always feel star wars

Jedi Priestess
drat, not much point in buying it then. Do you know anyone if they are going to release a book pertaining to Obi-Wan and Anakin during the clone wars?

Dexx
not that i know of....but they pwobably will.

funny thing is..i bought the stinkin shattepoint when it came out....the big book..with $30 mad.....only to see it a couple of weeks ago...with &2.5 ...i mean...stupid me.

yerssot
you are dexx wink

well, I believe The Cestus Deception is with OB1 & Anakin

Jedi Priestess
Ah did a little research.....theres one called Jedi Trial coming out in Oct. smile

yerssot
hmmm, haven't heard of it, gotta check it out

Dexx
*sighs*...i think i've already read too many star wars books for a life time. If shatterpoint is among the best..imagine the rest of 'em wink

Jedi Priestess
http://www.starwars.com/eu/news/2003/10/news20031010.html

thats the link about Jedi Trial this says November tho sad

yerssot
hope that's a good one

Dexx
sounds nice....maybe i'll read it...though i've never heard of the authors...

Dexx
sounds nice....maybe i'll read it...though i've never heard of the authors...

yerssot
you haven't heard of them even after your second post? stick out tongue

Dexx
't was an error...a conspiracy meant for the single most dreadful purpose of them all: to duplicate my post

SnakeEyes
i just got this book a little while ago and have read the first couple chapters, but i prefer NJO more. I am not a huge Mace Windu fan. wink

Dexx
bleh..njo is ...terrible

in fact..the best of njo (that i've read) is traitor....written by the same guy if i remember correctly.

yerssot
NJO didn't always excell, indeed, but barely any SW books are lituar highlights

Jedi Priestess
I agree....only one I really liked was ATOC

SnakeEyes
hey don't u guys go insulting the New Jedi Order its not bad! mad

yerssot
they mentioned anakins death about once every two pages ... including they kept the writing rather easy

Dexx
yes..they make it so dramatic...and..clicheic.....bleh

yerssot
and dull, I got it the first time that he was dead

SnakeEyes
Okay, how many NJO books have u guys actually read?

Jedi Priestess
who IS this guy??

Dexx
plenty to know what we're talking about, chap wink

yerssot
all

SnakeEyes
well then i do not understand what u r saying then. Sure they are not the best books in the world, but they are not nearly as bad as what you are all making them out to be! Jeez!

yerssot
and that is my opinion, they are definitly not that up to par as some claim them to be ... apperently Dexx shares in big lines the same idea! Jeez!

SnakeEyes
Jeez!

Predator 89
Jedi priestess if you are wondering when the book on Obi-wan and anakin during the clone wars comes out, news is its been out for over a month. The books title is The Cestus deception. I'll post a picture for you.

Seto Fett
The book is about Mace searching for his former Padawan, Depa Biliba. The book really delves into Mace finding out that the true definition of war and suffering. Great read if you have the time, and want to see just why he is one of the most feared men of the Old Republic. By the way, even though I haven't read it yet, I thought Cestus Deception featured Obi-Wan and Kit Fitso, not Obi-Wan and Anakin, in which they try to stop a planet from selling bio-technology bearing droids to the Separtists?

Predator 89
my mistake the book does feature kitfisto not Anikin, i thonk he's only mentioned in the book but goes on another mission.

VengeanceGOD
Hey, if you didn't like the NJO, that's fine. It just means you have no taste. wink

Jedi Priestess
OK I'm about a third of the way through Shatterpoint. It's not bad. Not fantastic but not awful either.

yerssot
that's putting it mildly JP

Dexx
it's just different. a bit weird. that's all

yerssot
but not really star wars like

Julie
Shatterpoint was an alright book, but there are definately better Eu books out there./...BTW I have read most of the EU books....including Zahn's trilogy and duology....and some pretty crappy books (IMHO) like Black Fleet Crisis

Jedi Priestess
See I think 99% of EU is crappy...........I personally have only really liked the ones based on the movies and the DM one.

yerssot
you're too negative JP stick out tongue

Dexx
actually..the tpm and clone wars periods have the best atmosphere for a lecture. I don't really dig the post-endor happenings. They're too loose.

Jedi Priestess
oh I am not.......Im just purist stick out tongue

Julie
oh well, to each his/ her own. you're missing some great stories if you forgo the new stuff...but then again you probably save a whole lot of money:-)

Jedi Priestess
ok dumped Shatterpoint for right now cause I started Shadows of the Empire which is proving to be a way better read.

Julie
I didn't really care for SHadows of the Empire...though I can't remember now if I read it or not....I played the game and got a headache and didn't really care for that Rendar character

Creechuur
I just finished Shatterpoint. i thought it was dope, I have a new respect for Mace. I always thought Lucas didn't give Mace enough screentime.

I loved how a baddie would say something smarmy to Mace and he would think something to the effect of "it wasn't a question, so I didn't give an answer." Mace is a bad mamma jamma!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.