The Mighty Boosh!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SSisac0ck
Has anyone (especially in the UK0 seen "The Mighty Boosh"? I saw my first episode last night about Monkey Hell. It's brilliant, very Reeves and Mortimer. AMerican comedy could learn something.

Elondra
Erm...no.

papabeard
The Mighty Boosh is the best british comedy on TV right now. I love this programme. It is hilarious. It is very surreal and abstract. The DVD says its like "Lewis Carroll on LSD".

Its had 2 series but I ve only seen the first since I dont have bbc3, but Ive got the 1st series on DVD, absolute genius, and im sure the 2nd is just as good if not better.

Its centres around Vince Noir and Howard Moon who work in the Zoo-niverse, the manager Bob Fossil and a shaman named Naboo but thats not whats important. This is only for a certain kind of individaul but if its for you , you are very lucky. Come and discover the joys of the Boosh

My favourite episode is Jungle, with the King of the Mods, an excellent Mick Jagger impression and the dancing mod wolves.

I cant believe theres been no love for the Boosh on this forum

PS Cheese is kind of Meat

www.themightyboosh.com/ ( official site )

www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=58339

papabeard
Any Boosh fans out there?

Whats your favourite episode?

comeah give papa some brine !!!!!!!!!!!!

papabeard
Not a lick of love for the Boosh, shame on you all.

alien2animals_bunny2alucardhorsemanpimppirate2

papabeard
You do not deserve the Boosh.

signed ..........
The Moon.

Bloigen
I LOVE THE CHOSEN ONE! LOVING HIM IS FUN, FUN, FUN!

papabeard
Originally posted by Bloigen
I LOVE THE CHOSEN ONE! LOVING HIM IS FUN, FUN, FUN!

Geezer! Finally someone else has posted in this thread.

I got a MANGINA!!!!!

Bloigen
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet

The gorilla?

YEAH!

papabeard
hahahahaha,

"Note to self , I hate whites"

Bloigen
Originally posted by papabeard
hahahahaha,

"Note to self , I hate whites"

One of the best bits is when Vince is the chosen one and the guy paints a picture of him and then Vince says

"Yeah, it's good, but the fringe is a bit long"

"Oh, I'm sorry"

And then the guy stabs himself.

Funny stuff.

KMC
TOPSHOP!

I have the boxset and i went to see it live- it's the funniest thing i've ever seen. Also met Noel, Rich and Mike afterwards, ahh it was genius.
My favourite episode is def Old Greg- he is the greatest character! also love Electro from series 1 as well.

Bloigen
Originally posted by KMC
TOPSHOP!

I have the boxset and i went to see it live- it's the funniest thing i've ever seen. Also met Noel, Rich and Mike afterwards, ahh it was genius.
My favourite episode is def Old Greg- he is the greatest character! also love Electro from series 1 as well.

Your username's cool.

KMC
the coolest...

Bloigen
Originally posted by KMC
the coolest...

mhm

KMC
^^ what is that??

Back to the Boosh... i love the random songs- calm a llama, soup and stickelbacks.

papabeard
I have the box set also, I was going to go and see the live show at the end of March, but I couldnt afford it, I am rather gutted.

I love the music in the show, especially Mutants and the Hitcher song.

But I have to say I am very disappointed that Bob Fossil didnt have a larger part in the second series, they are trying to sideline the comedy genius that is Rich Fulcher, although I have seen his show "Snuff Box" and its not great.

"Will there be bacon"

KMC
Ah i know! tis a shame Bob is only in Milky Joe but he does play loads of amazing characters throughout the series. Especially Kodiak Jack and i love Ramsey in 'Old Greg'

You should have seen it live, it was so good! (dont mean to rub it in stick out tongue)

papabeard
Rispeck to Fulcher the comedy genius.

"I love the chosen one, loving him is so much fun."

Anyword on a thrid series yet?

KMC
"I am taller than most things, chairs, beachballs, women lying on thier sides.... i am 4ft 6 with out shoesies" ahh genius!

Dunno about a third series but they were recording a live dvd at Brixton i think- should be ace!

papabeard
Originally posted by KMC
TOPSHOP!

Also met Noel, Rich and Mike afterwards, ahh it was genius.

Cool, what were they like?did you lick rich's stomach laughing out loud

mmmm, Baileys.

KMC
Well Julian was a grumpy bastard n got straight on the bus as did the dude who plays Bollo (Dave Brown i think his name is :s)
But Rich was hilarious n i told him i'd heard 'i dont like cricket' on the radio before i came out and he thought it was cool and came back n wrote it on my poster thing. Mike was cool as well but looked REALLY scared and he is so tiny!
And Noel, well he was just genius!! there are no words for him really.

hayden's minx
I'm the moon big grin
Did any of you catch it live?
It was amazing.

papabeard
everybody walkin on me face

hayden's minx
ayy jupiter I did a song. You ain't got one! Ayy he he.

KMC
Imagine a fish finger but as big as a garage...

papabeard
^^^^^^
HAHAHAHA!

I like the line about using a childs toe as bait, in the Old Gregg episode

hayden's minx
"Some say he's grown accustomed to taste of human flesh - only way to hook him is to use a child's toe as bait"

I like the funk. It's amazing.
Funky ball of **** from outa space!

KMC
Some say he's half man, half fish. Some say its more of a 70/30 split. Whatever the percentage, he's one fishy bastard...

papabeard
I dont like the 2nd series as much as the first, i dont think its as funny, maybe they are missing Bainbridge and Fossil.

KMC
Disagree personally, i think they're equally as good but so different. Its so much better that they diversified than sticking to exactly the same formula. Backlash always springs from repetition.
I do miss Bainbridge though. We need to hear him singing more 80's power ballads!

papabeard
Im not saying they shouldnt change the formula, but I dont think Naboo and Bollo fill the comedy vacuum left by Fossil and Bainbridge's departure, and I am not so fond of Rich's characters in the 2nd series. Dont get me wrong, it is still very funny indeed.

KMC
Kodiak Jack? Betamax? Ramsey? Chief Nomad?! ahh i love them.
I get what you mean however, its so different not having Bainbridge/Fossil. But Vince and Howard have developed so i think that fills the void a bit more.

Selphie
Love this show, wish the seasons were available in the states sad

Selphie
Tonight Nannageddon's on! Woohoo, my favorite episode of the Boooosh!

SportsGalTX
I love this show! I might even like it more than 'Tom Goes to the Mayor'.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.