Luke = Sissy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
why is Luke such a wimp in the OT, i mean, i only started to like him when i read EU stuff about him.............

Jedi Priestess
that would be your opinion

SnakeEyes
yes it would be, i was just wondering if anyone else saw it that way....

Dexx
because that was fashionable, back then....it's an older image of such a character.
take the hair for example...its abnoxious..

§pearhead
Let's see, he's a farm boy who knows little to nothing about fighting...I don't like him either, but seriously...I wouldn't call him a sissy

Creechuur
He was a big time sissy whiner in ANH.

"But I was going to Toshi station to pick up some power converters!" WAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

By RotJ though, he was pretty badass. I don't know if I would have had the balls to surrender to the Emporer just to win back my father, that took guts.

darth rep
Then it must run in the family. Look at how big a winer Anakin is in Ep 2.

Creechuur
Yeah, there was another thread where the Skywalker whine legacy was brought up.

WindDancer
I don't think he is a sissy. More like insecured man. He was tempted once before by the dark side. Maybe he should be more dedicated to his Jedi principles.

yerssot
you what now WD??

he IS a sissy! stick out tongue

WindDancer
Since you insist....I'll agree with you. He IS a sissy........but in a good way. stick out tongue

SnakeEyes
No way!
luke is so annoying, in a BAD way!

Master Kadub
Luke a sissy....please....I like Luke, he plays his role as a young boy who grows into a man.....not a sissy, just the development of a boy to a man......
Master Skywalker indeed...

Jedi Priestess
Agreed!

Julie
just think of it as a good way to dev a character.....LUke is so annoying that in new stuff we like to see how he's matured

Creechuur
Lets look at the actors:

Harrison Ford was a badass in Star Wars. He went on to do some pretty awesome movies and become a huge celebrity.

Mark Hamill was a sissy in Star Wars. He went on to do...Corvette Summer and voiceover work...albeit really good voiceover work.

SnakeEyes
yeah i agree

Master Kadub
Creechuur,

Hummm, let me see.....Harrison Ford a divorced and remarried actor with a strong acting career but broken family life...

Mark Hamill strong family man raising a family, oh....and still married to a his child hood sweetheart....

I cant argue with a guy with morals....but if your interrpetation of a success is just the movies then you have a ways to go Creechuur.....some people are happy with their careers even if they are not on the big screen every other year......

Creechuur
Definitely a good point Kadub. I was talking professional career stuff rather than family values and such, but believe me, there are few things more important to me than my loved ones. Please don't make judgements on my character based on a thread about Luke being a sissy. Check the political and philosophical type threads I've posted on if you want a clearer picture of my beliefs.

But...to get back to the point, Luke was a mamby pamby in ANH. big grin

Darth Revan
Luke is kinda annoying. Wouldn't go so far as to call him a sissy though.

Master Kadub
Creechuur,

This was not a personal attack on you, and my apologizies if it came across that way...
I was just saying, Mark Hamill may be perfectly comfortable with where his career has taken him.....
Harrison Ford wanted to go another direction and he did.....
stick out tongue

Darth Nizzle
I dont like Luke. I think the only way he defeated Vader was when he used his rage(this is opinion) but i dont think he is a sissy!

Thirst
he was a sissy in the movies...but once you read the books you get a new impression of him. he becomes much more powerful.

Julie
he grows up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.