Official "whats that song?" Topic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TrAnCeDuO
instead of posting all of those threads, just come here and post what song your looking for and we can(hopefully) identify it...

BackFire
I like this idea, sticking....

Please use this thread, any other threads asking about a name of a song will be closed.

TrAnCeDuO
since nobodys using this thread i might as well ask...ive been wanting this one techno song i heard on the radio...but ive only heard it once...its very rare and i want it like hell....but all i can remember is the chorus

"if the stars were to fall from the sky, i'd blame it on you...i'd blame it all on you"
*female vocalist repeats chorus*
and thats all i can remember of it....please help me!

PunisherFan33
enter sandman is a great song.(Metallica) but i have to say my favorite song has to be " Faceless" by godsmack

spanky420
whats the song how it goes "rollin with the top down seat back rollin in my catallac" its a punk/rock song and i really wanna know wut its called cuz its an awsome song...if u find out email me the answer [email protected]

spanky420
this has nothing 2 do with music but how do i get a picture next 2 my name on the side thingy?

TrAnCeDuO
spanky you have to go to edit options and change your avatar....

another song im trying to find the name of goes like this....

"ive finally found the reason i dont need an excuse i got this time on my hands you are the one to abuse..."

dean7879
its called touch peel and stand

spanky420
ok still waitin fer the rollin with the top down seat back rollin in my catallac

spanky420
ok nvm its called cadallac by mest!!!im so excited that i know it lol!!!im sucha nerd:P

mr.marvel
hey spanky all of the songs on mest - destination unkown are good.go get it

moonwalker741
hey whats the name of that guns and roses song with slashes "funky circuis" guitar riff in the beggining, and im not sure what the beginging lyrics are, sumthin with "shes got a smile........reminds me of childhood memories"...hlp plz

mr.marvel
that would "sweet child o' mine"

SeptemberRain
duh j/k

Kaleanae
Spanky, isn't "With the top down seat back rollin' in my Cadillac" if it is, is a song by MEST stick out tongue

Kaleanae
I didn't notice you posted before stick out tongue
Oh well, but I least you find the song and the name is Cadillac stick out tongue

spanky420
i think im loosing my mind (sorry thats all i know of the song please help me figure it out fer my friend))and yea i posted right above it kaleanae and a few more above:P ish tru

Kaleanae
Which song?

spanky420
im trying 2 find the song that goes "i think im loosing my mind"

mr.marvel
what kind of music is it?

m!$hA
@ spanky - whar mr marvel said was a good point...but it could either be

"im loosing my mind" by "fiend"
or
"im losing my mind" by "black crows"

Kaleanae
I think is the Fiend song as Misha said because it contains lyrics that say exactly "I think I'm losing my mind, I think I'm losing my mind I think ... "
While in the song of the Back Crowes, it doesn't say that

angelsflame265
does it go "i think i'm losing my mind, i'm falling in love with you" ? or something like that?

Spicy_Mchaggis
hey spanky- the song is cadillac from mest

TrAnCeDuO
YES WE KNOW YOU IDIOT!

fuct_up_kid
well there's a song by mest that goes "losing my mind once again, stranding my thoughts, no matter what i said"

it's called return to self loathing if that's what you're looking for, otherwise i don't know smile

angelique_anne
hi everyone...hows its goin here!!!1
kinda new here.....

angelique_anne
Dashoboard confessionals song "vindicated" is a great song!!!!

Darth Revan
yeah... but this isn't the place for that wink

spanky420
ok thanks every1 woo helped me find songs:P ill prolly be back here later with another one lol

spanky420
fuct_up_kid thats not the song but it is another gud one!!!

fuct_up_kid
aaah well....yeh it's awesome stick out tongue

spanky420
tidal waves they rip right through me <----fuct_up_kid( i wanna know yur real name) thats from a song...rite???

Silver Stardust
Okay, I heard this song (I have an anime music video for it), and I know the name of it, but I was wondering if anyone knew the artist? The song is called "Remember When". If anyone knows and can help, thanks a lot yes

fuct_up_kid
yeah, down by blink 182. my names lucy by the way stick out tongue

TrAnCeDuO
another song im looking for is an oldie...came from either the 70's or 80's...here are some of the lyrics

"i just died in your arms tonight, mustve something i said,i just died in your tonight...i shouldve walked away..."
i heard it on the radio once as a techno remix...anybody know the dj or the original artist?

Kaleanae
I know!!! I have that song, is Died In Your Arms Tonight by the Cutting Crew big grin

spanky420
"yeah, down by blink 182." I KNEW IT i dont know why i couldnt think of where that was from

furryman
MTV maybe stick out tongue

Spicy_Mchaggis
oohh, internet brutality. wow that one really hurt me.

<Tidus>
I want to know whats the band of this song called the song is called Dragonflya and it goes like..

1 2 3 and Im Hip HIp HIp Flying like a Dragonlfly Flying high in the sky

spanky420
furryman...that furby is kinda creepin me out!!!

fuct_up_kid
^^ word!

<Tidus>
1 2 3 and Im Hip HIp HIp Flying like a Dragonlfly Flying high in the sky

Whats the band called!!

Silver Stardust
Okay never mind I found it yes

TrAnCeDuO
out of curiousity what was it anyways?

Spicy_Mchaggis
i need help with the name of a song, i know its from staind.
the verse is,
to my mother, to my father,
its your son or, its your daughter,
are my screams, loud enough for you, to hear me should i turn them up.
then the chorus is,
i sit here locked up in my head
remembering everything you said
the silence gets us nowhere
gets us nowhere way too fast.

thats all i remember. can someone help me out with it?

Arachnoidfreak
Staind - Fade

Arachnoidfreak
Someone help me?

I know the chorus of Eminem's "Sing for the Moment" is actually from a different song(by Aerosmith I think), What's the song though?

TrAnCeDuO
its not fade...i think its "for you"....but as a fan of Break the cycle im pretty damn sure that it isnt fade because fade goes"i just needed someone to talk to, you were to busy with yourself, you were never there for me to stop when i needed help" but yes im pretty sure that its "for you"

TrAnCeDuO
"Dream On" i think....

Arachnoidfreak
crapity crap. it is "For You" i was just ripping my entire CD collection onto my computer right now, and came across it. i hate it when im wrong.

spanky420
yah it is for you i love that song!!!i called in 89x(the radio station) and even asked wut it was called cuz i was so desprite 2 find out

TrAnCeDuO
i see you live close to the detroit spanky...

spanky420
yup in Windsor...u do know they have a station in windsor 2 rite?

TrAnCeDuO
yes i knew...i never call up the windsor number...i only use the detroit line...but anyways...im still waiting on my song dammit and i want to know what it is...but for now heres another techno song...the vocalist is a female and the lyrics go"everyday is same day different people no name things ive never seen before, and every day is same day different faces no name places ive never been before...(chorus) And i begin to wonder..." and thats all i can remember of it...it plays on the radio now and then when the techno music is played...can anyone help me!?

Black Onyx
Ok i need to know, what is the theme song to Viva La Bam i recognize it but i cant place it its driving me CRAZY wacko

Black Onyx
oh nm its "King Of Rock And Roll" - Daniel Lioneye

el_barto
What's that Zeppelin song where the guy does the guitar solo and then pauses and then singing and then they repeat that through like the whole song.

TrAnCeDuO
i hate to post this but cmon people!!! are there any techno fans here that can help me!?

MakubeX
anyone here know the name of the girl from "she will be loved" video of maroon 5? I'm not talking about kelly preston.

Darth Revan
Hmm... This doesn't really fit in here but I'll ask anyways.

Does anybody know all the songs in Weird Al's latest polka medly, "Angry White Boys"? I've been able to recognize SOAD, the first one whose name I forget, Disturbed, RATM, POD, and Eminem...

Ms.Understood
Hells yeah man.... there is also System of a Down, Limp Bizkit.. wait, okay so i can't remeber all the songs but that song is halarious

Ms.Understood
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Spicy_Mchaggis
i need help with the name of a song, i know its from staind.
the verse is,
to my mother, to my father,
its your son or, its your daughter,
are my screams, loud enough for you, to hear me should i turn them up.
then the chorus is,
i sit here locked up in my head
remembering everything you said
the silence gets us nowhere
gets us nowhere way too fast.

thats all i remember. can someone help me out with it?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the Name isn't 'Fade' it's actually 'For You' it's on the album 'Break the Cycle'

Darth Revan
oh yeah, Limp Bizkit... I said System of a Down, just that it was the acronym version wink

I love that part of the song... "I cry when angels deserve to die die die die die" laughing

TrAnCeDuO
yes we all know...im the one who answered it! read the damn thread before replying!

PrefectRonnykin
Whats the song in the comcast comercail its sorta sounds like trance

PrefectRonnykin
oh and i also need to know the song they play in buffy on the episode "the pack"

Real
the name of the song in the "Taxi" trailer (not highway to hell) its got a line that ses sumthin like "...you're a rockstar..." but i have NO idea

ThuggnBLUE
Song in Collateral...when he has Annie in the taxi and he's Driving on the 110, about to drop her off at the D.A office...It's a soft piano piece with R&B/Easy Jazz feel...I think it's Beethoven or Bach, originally, but who does the movie version?

Lil' Backfire
Ok.......this one is a song my brother has on a mixed CD, but he cannot remember its title or the group who did it.

It is of the punk genre, fairly new, and the chorus goes something like:

"Dump all the English boys you meet.
The american boy back in the states
The american boy you used to date
Who would do anything you say."

Samurai Girl

Lil' Backfire
Thanks, sweet heart. By the way, the band is just called "Brand New," but thank you very much.

kisses

ThuggnBLUE
Anyone have an answer to mine?...it seemed to have just gotten forgotten

Darth Revan
I have a question... Does anybody know the name of the song they play during the credits at the end of the Manchurian Candidate? (new one)

musicworshiper
i realize alot of you dont listen to country, but someone did a cover of "thank god im a country boy" by john denver recently, any ideas who?

ThuggnBLUE
God damn you guys!!!! mad mad mad

HockeyHorror
can anyone help me look for lyrics for this song

Self Scientific- The Covenant

and

Self Scientific feat Krondon- Three Kings

thank you big grin

ThuggnBLUE
Ok, in case no one's getting it...i'm not talking about the song that's playing when she says "you like the classics?"...i'm talking about background music for dialogue...it's a classical piece with an easy jazz/R&B feel...WHAT SONG IS THAT?!?!?!?!?

BlackC@t
The song title I want to know is from A Nightmare on Elm Street 4, it's when Alice is standing infront of the mirrior putting on the belts, chains and leather and taking the photos off the mirror, please help!

jman_pendrragon
my fav song is the ttruth of my youth by NFG they rule! evil face evil face

Darth Revan
ehh this is the "What's that song" thread...

And New Found Glory suck ass no expression

Samurai Guy
New Found Glory would be good if they would stop being bad.

Back on topic....

"Dear Mr. Fantasy play us a tune.
Something to make us all happy."

I believe it is called Mr. Fantasy, but I am often mistaken.

10thingshelp
I was looking for a title and a band for a song thats been going round my head, the only lyrics i can remember are sung by a man and they are, "I.....looked into your eyes and..." and then a girl sings (who sounds alot like dead can dance) any help would be very much appriecated

10thingshelp
the song im thinking of is older, i think it was made in the early 90s?! it is a techno sounding song, but it is mainly this celtic/belly dancing sounding music that sounds like the singer from dead can dance

ChickinMeat
i know the song, but i dont know the band! i wonder if anyone can help me.

the song is from sonic adventure, and its called "Open Up Your Heart", people must have heard it, its an awesome track. if anyone knows of the artist please let me know!

Samurai Guy
You bastards, answer me! (that was not member bashing, but rather just me being... me. I am sarcastic like that. Now Answer ME!)

Kaleanae
Dear Mr. Fantasy by Grateful Dead
Please don't call anybody a bastard messed

TrAnCeDuO
meh its no big deal...i do it all the time...but anyways im looking for a song...its from the 70-80's...i heard it on the radio and they mentioned something about Bruce Springsteen...and i know that on the tv show "Boston Public" the band R.E.M. did a cover of this song...the lyrics goes like this"im out here in the cold...im losing my religion...and i thought i seen you try" thats all i can remember of it...if you can tell me about it i would greatly appreciate it!

Moo Cow
im looking for a song, yall prbably havent head it cause your all against country music stick out tongue, and way, i heard it on the radion and part of the chorus went "let me let go" that might even have been the title but ive only ever heard it once messed

Kaleanae
Losing my Religion by R.E.M

But that part of I'm in the cold... messed

TrAnCeDuO
thanks!*goes to d/l it*

fuct_up_kid
it's a good song...anyways...

has anyone seen the lacoste touch of pink advert? where there's the girl chasing the kite and she's wearing a pink dress? i really wanna know the name and artist of that song. the lyrics go
"let me show you the way, it's a game that we play"

10thingshelp
moo cow:

Faith Hill - Let me let go.

10thingshelp
fuct_up_kid:

i copied this off a website but KMC wont let me send the link.

The one you are talking about is not the 'It's Over Now' one but it IS by Natasha Thomas. Go on her website and listen to the song 'Save Your Kisses'. The song is the same tune as 'Show me the way' on the advert but it has different lyrics and is upbeat - if you listen to the video all the way to the end there is an acoustic bit that is alot like the advert - but it doesn't have the same lyrics

fuct_up_kid
okie doke...thanks smile

the Vee
if you just go to www.letssingit.com and type some lyrics in the lyrics search box itll find some matches.. simple.. but you need to know the exact lyrics..

fuct_up_kid
i tried that with www.leoslyrics.com but it didn't work

Kaleanae
Mmm, there is a song by Faith Hill called "Let me let go" maybe that's it, and she is a country singer, I think messed

BlackC@t
Hey guys, the song I'm looking for is from 'The Butterfly Effect' and it's during Kayley's funeral. Anyone know what song it is

Phoenix
I'm looking for the song from an advert ((well two actually))

1. --> The 1 series advert ((could be BMW? didn't pay attention to the car! big grin ))

2. A perfume advert. I thinkk it was La Coste ((it was in a pink bottle)) and it was a white girl with blonde hair spinning and twirling a lot. something abt "Let me show you the way, there's a game that we play..." something like that anyways ((pretty sure its a woman singing))

BlackC@t
Hey guys, the song I'm looking for is from 'The Butterfly Effect' it's during Kayleys funeral. Anyone know what song it is?

Kaleanae
the name is "Kayleigh's Funeral " You can listen to a 30 sec sample here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00012FXWC/104-2362762-2062322?v=glance

Neo_Version 7
I need help.

I saw this chick who looks absolutely stunning. Lacoste advert for Tennis clothes.

It goes...

You can be strong but you're not
I dont wanna believe that its over now

SOme thing like that.

fuct_up_kid
already asked wink

fuct_up_kid
I'm pretty sure it's Over Now by Natasha Thomas. but the lyrics go

You should be home but you're not
I don't wanna believe that it's over now

BlackC@t
Thank you Kaleanae. smile

pr1983
theres a movie called "closer" with jude law and natalie portman

i'd like to know the song at the start of the trailer, it goes like

"and so it is, just like u said it would be"

"life goes easy on me"

"cant take my eyes offa you"

these lines are from the same song, any help is appreciated

Neo_Version 7
Alrite. thanks

Kaleanae
the blower's daughter

and so it is
just like you said it would be
life goes easy on me
most of the time
and so it is
the shorter story
no love no glory
no hero in her skies
i can't take my eyes off of you
and so it is
just like you said it should be
we'll both forget the breeze
most of the time
and so it is
the colder water
the blower's daughter
the pupil in denial
i can't take my eyes off of you
did I say that I loathe you?
did I say that I want to
leave it all behind?
i can't take my mind off of you
my mind
'til I find somebody new

The song is The Blower's Daughter by Damien Rice -

pr1983
thank you, i knew it was rice but i could not get the title.

your a life saverthumbup

fuct_up_kid
np wink

Elektra_lover
Whats the song that lenny Cracitz sings in the commercial for gap called

pr1983
i think its "are you gonna go my way" by lenny kravitz with bits of his other song "lady", i think its a mix of some sort

Elektra_lover
Thank you so much.

pr1983
no problem, this thread is a valuable resource, lets try to keep it going eh?

Arahael
ok!

davitz001
Need some help to find out the songs that play in the farenheit 911 and starsky n hutch trailers... no lyrics, only instrumental
smile

Kella
I am trying to figure out the name and artist for this song that I heard a couple of times many years ago....and then recently heard on a Mitsubishi commercial the other day.

the words are...i think???

"Run Away...run away...run away and save your life....run away run away...run away if you want to survive. It's time to break free..whoa-oh ah -oh....run away...whoa-oh-ah-oh... it's time to break free...whoa-oh-ah-oh...run away...whoa-oh-ah-oh..."

Does anyone know this? It's kind of a techno-ish dance beat. blink

sickley in lurv
soz, but wadda bout the song sung by a male and i can only remember a few words
Hello
Veritago (i think)
and um.... and
PLEASE HELP
I really like it

gwiinlgleirn
it's called run away by real mccoy

Elektra_lover
Any one know the song that pink sings in Charles Angels full throtal?

pr1983
"good time" or something like that

Mr Zero
what's the song i'm humming .....?

DracotheDragon
Great idea for a thread trance. big grin

TrAnCeDuO
unfortunately no one has bothered to identify my songs!

calenlass
looking for an american song. im pretty sure itz the rock remix, and i think the original is called if i could turn back time by aqua. who did the rock version? itz been stuck in my head for hours now...

calenlass
ok i feel sad and neglected now, and rather put out because tiz STILL in my head!!! i only have room for my alternate personalities. not songs, too...

Jedi Shmedi
Anyone know who does that song from teh Six Flags commercials (yes, THOSE Six Flags commercials. It's kinda catchy. I can't recall the name of the band.

Samurai Guy
We like to Party - Vengaboys

Evy_O
Does anyone know a songie going like: "However ...(something I don't remember)... afraid to see, I love you more than you love me" ??

boy that was helpful wacko
but I really wanna find it sad

Spicy_Mchaggis
dude first of all "if i could turn back time" was performed by cher and i have no clue there was a rock version. try searching for punk covers on whatever you use for downloading songs.

chiennefire
umm... does anyone know what this song is - it's on this show called queer as folk (the american version), season 3, episode two. at a club when mike and bryan are dancing. it's a techno song so there aren't any lyrics but its stuck in my head a I NEED TO KNOW hahaha

p.s. free ice cream for he who knows! big grin

chiennefire
elektra: that song by pink is called feel good time.

chiennefire
TRANCEDUO: it's by danni minogue and it's called i begin to wonder.

TrAnCeDuO
YES!!!! eek! big grin

one down a few more to go!smile

thanks alot! rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance big grin

Evy_O
*bumps question* shifty

BENDER_17

TrAnCeDuO
there was this new song coming out thats featured on a movie soundtrack...the song is called "let go"(it has nothing to do with avril lavene) and has a female vocalist. it has a very pop/techno feel to it...anyone got any ideas on what it is?

BENDER_17
Bands Name: Frou Frou

Song Name: Let Go

joinsmile

BENDER_17
oh sorry its on the soundtrack from GARDEN STADE (frou frou,let go)

TrAnCeDuO
thanks!big grin rolling on floor laughing

Spicy_Mchaggis
im back. does anyone know what the song is called, i know its from the offspring(if that helps) and the chorus goes:
And i feel,
And i feel like,
Heaven's so far away.
And i feel,
And i feel like,
Heaven's so far away,
Now that you've gone away.

Mane
i forgot. no expression

TrAnCeDuO
ive heard of it but i cant say that i remember the title of it...sorry.

Lone_Dragon
Alright...All I remember from this song...Is that it goes like this...

'Rebel, Rebel, your face is a mess' Who does this song?! confused And, what's it called? I thinking that MAYBE Bon Jovi did it...But, I dunno confused

Spicy_Mchaggis
i dont know either.

fuct_up_kid
david bowie - rebel rebel

wink

Kella
I think that song is called Heaven. Or So Far Away.
It used to be one of my very favorite songs. crap...now I wanna listen to it again. sad
Wish I could be more help. embarrasment

Jedi Shmedi
Okay, anybody know the song with the line:

"Looking for a girl with the broken smile"
" Something something something stay a while"
I've been trying to figure out who sings it but I just can't find out who it is!!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>