Silent Hill 4: the room International

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sith_darth_jay
has anyone played this game yet?

i played it tuesday. just for a while
i don't know the story yet, but it's about a guy that's locked up in his room, and he can come out because someone told him not to, and he doesn't want to either.
i was kinda shocked because when you i got to control the game, it was in First person perspective, then i thought: oh boy, not another gun survivor!!. then a zombie (or something like it) comes out of the wall (looks cool btw) and the game starts. you are back in your room (this time is not a nightmare, or that's how it looks) then you know he's locked in his room, and look around the room more freely, something happens in the bathroom, there's a hole in it, you get in and crawl (that reminded me of The ring) and come out in what looks to be the subway. then finally you played the game in 3rd person perspective (yeah).

the game looks as bizarre as ever (i still don't understand how or why this creatures came to be, nor why you seem to be dreaming inside this town), there's a gauge that fills when you attack something, kinda like a combo, when it's filled, the character unleashes a powerful blow. the new creatures are really creepy, there's one that looks like it has two babies heads, and the zombies flies like ghosts, and supposedly, they can go through walls to hunt you (creepy). the new characters look cool two, and so does the city, which you can only see through a window (i hope you get to play in that part of the city)

the game looks good, the only thing i didn't like it's that you have to come back to your room so many times (at returned at least 4 times), i hope it's not like that but...

i still haven't played silent hill 3, so i'll wait before i buy the 4th, but i think it'll be as good as the other 3

ragesRemorse
It isnt out here until the 16th. I know it deals heavily with portals and such. Either way i am a huge fan of silent hill. It is truly the gran daddy of survival horror. No other horror games have suceeded in eerie disturbing experiences as silent hill. the stories are always intruiging, the gameplay changes just enough so that it doesnt get redundant, and sticks to its concept so that you always have a familiararity when playing it. The many possible endings always give it great replay value, and the endings are always greatly different from each other. The only thing i have against silent hill, which i have against resident evil as well, is that sometiems the gameplay can feel slow and clunky, but number 3 improved on this, and number four is supposedly even more improved.

I recently played the suffering, and this game almost out did silent hill, if it werent for the dumbass lack of story. Silent hill still reins supreme with me

sith_darth_jay
silent hill (series) is the best survival horror game(s), although i haven't finish SH2 (i just don't have time to play it). the story is always great, and...i don't want to be redundant so i'll stop there.

but, what i don't understand it's what the hell is wrong with that town? huh

the suffering is also a very good game, i don't own it, yet, but i played it and i must say, it's gameplay is really enjoyable.

thegreatrudini
It starts to come together and make sence the farther u go thru the game. It gets very confusing and disorientating i was lost in the train for ages at 1 point lol. the only time u go back to ur apartment is to save, put stuff in the storage box, also if u go in ur room for a while when ur healths low it tops up (it doesnt do it thru the whole game tho) and when u start a new level. Im realy far at the mo im on the second visit to the forest when u have to get the wooden doll parts. A handy tip for u all if ur low on health and r in ur room if u hear a cat meowing dont open ur fridge

ragesRemorse
for trying hard to be somthing different. Silent hill 4 diddnt really do to much other than agrivate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.