The Simpsons Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Pianoman
What do you think it could be about? That is if they make it.

BackFire349
i dunno, all i know is that IF they make it, it should be animated, cuz real actors and what not would ruin the whole atmosphere the shows worked so hard to create.

ToMacco
I'd sure think it would be a cartoon.

Who knows what it would be about? Have you seen the past few seasons? They do some pretty wierd stuff! But it's always great.

BackFire349
i dunno if they should make a movie, i mean, ive been watching the show the full 13 years its been on...and id hate to see them ruin the show by making a bad movie. i think after the show goes off the air, whenever that may be, they should just let it rest in peace. and let people remember for what it is, the greatest TV show of all time.

ToMacco
It is one of the best that's ever been on TV, isn't it?

BackFire349
i think its THE best. hands down.

ToMacco
you're damn right it's the best

Machine
yes it is the best show ever . i watched a interveiw with matt about the possbility of a movie ,and he said it would be done after their contract with fox ended(in about 2 years)but fox will probably keep the show under another contract (for most likely another 2 years)so he said it would probably be out in 5 years and it would be rated R and one of the main stories in the movie wuld be bart losing his virginity

BackFire349
machine spoke, the thread is now officially dead. wink

ToMacco
well, it's good to know the show will be on for another two years.

I don't think they'd be able to get away with an R rated version of the movie. Too many kids would want to see it. But South Park was rated R, wasn't it?

BackFire349
yeah it was.

ToMacco
I'm all about having a Simpsons movie. That would be sweet, man.

mah
in some countries, yes. here: no.

ToMacco
eek! Wow, they either don't care what children see in your country, or they REALLY cleaned it up.

Did they have the musical number "Shut Your F**king Face, Uncle F**ker!?!" laughing out loud laughing out loud Because they did here. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.

BackFire349
lol yeah

mah
no censoring done, no. so yes 'Shut your f...' was in it plus all the other. it got an 11+ rating here. there's really no censoring for foul language at all, anywhere.

Mujaffa
first time i've heard that song i've was standing.. when it were over was i down on the floor dying of laugther cool laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

ToMacco
Terence and Phillip in Asses of Fire

LanceWindu
"I fart on your grave!'

T&P is a funny ass cartoon within a cartoon.

*Back on subject*

FOX better keep the Simpson's on for at least another 5 years. Because otherwise it would just be...uncivilized.

ToMacco
I'm sure they'll keep it on as long as possible.

It's one of the only shows on FOX that is any good.

Magee
Have u ever wondered why they've never made one. I mean it would probably be phanomenal (sp).
If u know why they hav'nt please say smile

BackFire349
matt groening has mentioned they will probably make one when the show ends.

Anonymo
Then I hope they never make one!!!

Metroplex
Why not???

LilySatine
Because then that would mean the end of the show. stick out tongue

I don't think a movie could ever top the humour of the show. Then again, I'd go see it!

Senor_Pessoba
it would be odd for sure....

Mitsubishi
If they ever made a Simpsons movie...it would suck so bad. They're running out of ideas anyway, that show's gone to hell.

chico23
I would go see a Simpson's movie in a heartbeat.

BackFire349
as a simpsons fan from day one, it pains me to say this, but the simpsons shoulda ended long ago. its a shame the show didnt go out on top, its gone downhill so horribly since its prime.... oh well... i always got the reruns. hopefully the show will end soon before it goes downhill even more and actually becomes bad, which its very close to doing.

Fire
I must agree with backfire

SmokingIrishman
I don't think it's gone to hell, and I don't think they'll ever run out of ideas. the funniness of the show is that it can make fun of EVERYTHING about society today, and ideas about THAT just keep coming.

However, I do think they'll be ending it soon, and personally, I don't know what they could make a movie about that couldn't be done in any episode.

It's not like the X-Files with a story mythos.

Anyway, I'd see it, and I'm sure it would be damn hilarious, I'm just saying the show hasn't lost it's touch.

Payce,
The Smoking Irishman

BackFire349
no the show hasnt gone to hell, but i dont think its debatable that the show isnt nearly as good as it used to be. its gone downhill. and if you want a show that makes fun of society you have to turn to southpark. the thing that set it apart was that it would have hilarious and very brutal laughs at the expense of pretty much everything, but it would also be very heartfelt and touching. the show hasnt been touching for quite some time. matt groening seems to have also changed his idea that he wanted you to forget that you were watching a cartoon, that was his goal at first, but now, with so little humanity and emotion in the simpsons current episodes, you cant help but remember its a cartoon.

chico23
Very true backfire..

I always liked the south park episode where they make fun of the simpsons having used every idea there is to make a show around.

BackFire349
yeah, south park is great. currently better then teh simpsons.

jonno
yeah i agree with backfire that episode are getting worse but i do think that the movie will b kewl

da_vipa
well i dont think it should be cartoon, they should make it real time like the flintstones, and this time it wouldnt suk so bad

BackFire349
it should definately stay a cartoon. most of the gags in the simpsons are only funny because it is a cartoon.

yerssot
definitly cartoon!!!

Ikill2win
i bet they are trying to make people stop watching the sipmsons to try and make a diffrent show like the simpsons and they are saving ideas for thats show!

BackFire349
i doubt that.

Godshinto
Yes Matt Greoning the Creator and Director finally stated that he decided to do a real movie with live actors. He wasn't clear on who will be plaing the charachters and who will be making the movie a reality. "It'll be hard the charachters are very developed" Matt said and fans will be upset with any flaws in details. This movie expires to be a great movie, it'll enter he ranks of one of the most successfull Cartoon to real life movies ever. Has anyone heard anything at all, about actors locations and if they have started?

twelth monkey
Oh my god, some movies sound a bit dodgy in the planning stages, but LIVE ACTION SIMPSONS! I've never heard of something as ripe for disaster in my life!!

They're yellow for god's sake! lisa has a spikey head and marge's hair is 4 feet tall. I don't want to be negative and its not that i can't imagine ways that they might do it, but WHY BOTHER?????

Kes
well they cool do them looking normal.
It could be really good or really bad.

Godshinto
Well think how they did the Flinstones Fred always had a 5 o clock shadow and wilma had hair so stiff that it could deflect bullets. they did alright for live action though some of the effects that they tried to carry over looked a little corny. I think if they find actors close enough they can figure out how to make the 4 foot tall hair and lisa and Barts Spikey heads and magies. If thy can't do them cosmetically they will do a mock up of them and edit them on a Computer, like Jerrasic Park some was real some was CG but it blnded well didn't it?

twelth monkey
well i suppose, but i just think the whole slapstick comedy aspect, and the quick sarcastic dialogue will look so clumsy in real life. I really do shudder at the prospect.

Godshinto
Well Matt Greoning suposedbly said that the reason for him deciding to do the live action movie is to counter act the dying series.

Lt.Columbo
The Simpsons is gonna go downhill after this.

Godshinto
The series is already going down hill but it should bring the ratings up right before and during the movie.

KidRock
Sounds like a great idea to me. I cant wait!!

SpikeSpiegel
Wouldn't it be better if they made it just a Simpsons CG movie instead it would prevent it from being rubbish by having real actors (hopefully) and would be easier to do everything. Plus, they could all still be yellow.

Godshinto
Yhea the movie wouldn't be to bad as CG but I would really like to see how they pull this one off.

Godshinto
Yhea but we've already seen the simpsons in CG they looked alright it just wasn't all that spectacular.

bluegrass
I am a huge Simpsons fan and this idea scares the crap out of me!!!! Matt Groening, please don't tarnish the best show ever made.

VampireGren
I think its a pretty good idea.....im gonna see it....but Family Guy is better lol wink ninja

Godshinto
Family Guy is great because they can say just about anything and get away with it.

Ziggyzaz
I think that it is time for the Simpsons to go away. The've been around long enough and it is time for them to leave while poeple still like them.

Godshinto
That's what alot of series did go out on a high note I, I'm surprised they just don't sindicate the series you can play them end to end and there's still episode that people haven't seen.

Ziggyzaz
I don't know, I'm getting tired of the simpsons, they have just been around way to long.

Baylin
It's either gonna be fantastic or suck big time!

Godshinto
you can say that about just any more.

sk8stuff09
how r they gonna do the hair? the live action will ruin the good old cartoony feeling of the simpsons. they should just make a cartoon movie. how r they gonna do ralph wiggum???

Godshinto
That pretty much explains make sure you read all the posts before you ask questions it prevents repeat question thanx

My name is Neo
i heard they are gonna make a live simpsons movie, it's a kinda stupid idea, but if they are really, who would play who?

DemonicGambit
Geez a simpsons movie.....

That one would be pretty hard to cast

My name is Neo
mike myers as homer
hey how about rick moranis as flanders? lol

DemonicGambit
lol

I would pay to see that!!

JixQuillan
maybe they could have Justin Berfield as Bart.
Keanu Reeves as Otto
Eddie Murphy as Carl
Haley Joel Osment as geeky Milhouse, makes sense
Hmmm....

My name is Neo
the bus drivers name is otto

My name is Neo
ed o'neill(al bundy) as barney, gain some weight though.

My name is Neo
cher could play marge lol

JixQuillan
Yeah I could see that

DemonicGambit
lol

Cher as Marge gotta say I'm liking that idea

My name is Neo
o no, johnny depp should play otto

JixQuillan
Maybe Alex Winter as Otto, one of those two from Bill & Ted.
Johny Depp would be taken too seriously.
How about Lenny, Moe and Krusty?

DemonicGambit
guess i was wrong when I said it would be hard to cast this movie!

My name is Neo
yeah, who would play Krusty? hmmm.
hell, alex winter hasn't been in a movie in like almost 10 years.

My name is Neo
david spade as lenny?

My name is Neo
orlando jones as carl

JixQuillan
Yeah they would work.

JixQuillan
Mike Myers should play Willie, and Jason Alexander as Homer.
Maybe Pauly Shore as Otto. nah Otto is a rock surfer, not a creepy squirelly guy. Kelsey Grammer as Sideshow Bob, and Niles from Frasier as Smithers. Which begs the question, who would be Burns?

My name is Neo
jason alexander is too short though, homer is kinda buff, fat, and tall.
someone like jim belushi, drew carey(he's too fat and short though).

JixQuillan
James Gandolfini as Fat Tony

My name is Neo
damn, wouldn't rick moranis make a good smithers too?

JixQuillan
not quite gay enough. of course we can always have Greg Kinnear play Smithers, its hard for me to recognize him as straight. Wait, maybe Christopher Walken or Christopher Lee as Burns.

My name is Neo
lol, who would play apu? lisa? chief, moe, mayor quimby. they won't have time to show everybody.

JixQuillan
Drew Carey as Quimby or Cheif, the Principal from Breakfast Club could play Skinner, Amanda Bynes as Lisa. I'll tell you why, she's annoying and "perfect"

DemonicGambit
lol

Amanda would make a pretty good lisa. I see Drew more of a chief then a Quimby

My name is Neo
skinner? krabappel? lawrence fishburne could play hibbert if only he laughed gay.

JixQuillan
Krabapple could be Elizabeth Wilson from Addams Family movie, and Skinner could be Paul Gleason from Breakfast Club, or he could play Kent Brachman the News guy.

My name is Neo
diane keaton could be a good krabappel

My name is Neo
eugene levy without glasses could be skinner

My name is Neo
oliver wood or something, big fat guy from simon birch could play quimby

JixQuillan
Oliver Platt? I think Quimby is a bit more of a moron. But I see your point.

Sheepz
Blah, I don't think a Simpsons Live action movie is a good idea. I'm a huge Simpsons fan. I just couldn't see it working.

Someone said David Hyde Pierce for Smithers...If the movie must go through I don't know if they'd cast him as anything. He was Cecil (Bob's brother)

Ness
i think it will be stupid dont get me wrong i love the simps but live noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo way

Laviera_j
Yeah...al the yellow paint??? Nah, it would be fun to see!

Sheepz
XD I didn't even think about that

Neo_Version 7
How about Duff Man???

JixQuillan
Nobody gives a shit about Duff man.

My name is Neo
yeah oliver platt, forgot his name, he looks like him though.

My name is Neo
whats wrong with alive action movie, or animated movie? the series is coming to an end so might as well give it a good ending to the 9? (i think) seasons its been on air. It could be like a aftermath of the last ever episode and have a whole new plot in which springfield finally progresses.

My name is Neo
people in yellow will look like they have jaundice

DemonicGambit
I don't think they will actually paint the actors yellow. They'll probably leave them alone...skin wise

My name is Neo
i wanna see a simpsons spinoff on various different movies IF they are going to animate it.

ToMacco
I think I'm going to be sick.

JixQuillan
ToMacco you have the spawn of satan as an avatar
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/dev.gif
...freaky.. I dont see what grown people and teenagers see in him....
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/death.gif
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/chair.gif http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/moresmilies/crazy.gif

DemonicGambit
I don't think I have any fav simpson characters, and Homer is only okay he's never been that great in my opinion. Just says and does what everybody wishes they could

ToMacco
Jix:

SpongeBob is the spawn of Satan? That's news to me, man.

My name is Neo
it would be funny if michael clarke duncan played hibbert. he is big and could laugh gay. gary sinise could play krusty, you saw his role in forrest gump, u know?

JackGasSimpson
what if they just do the cartoon simpsons? i mean look at southpark, they didnt do anything to it and it was a huge success, matt could just do the movie all in cartoon, the flinestones did ok but the simpsons are alot bigger and u dont wanna ruin such a great show with one hour and a half episode, he should just do the cartoon so its faster

mOvIeMaNiAc14
Simpsons should stay a cartoon...once a cartoon always a cartoon

silver_tears
i like the cartoon but i still wanna see the movie it sounds cool!big grin

bluegrass
If this is true, then I want to play the part of Otto!! smokin'

My name is Neo9
after some thorough thinking i realize there's not enough actors to fill in the simpson characters which have all been unique throughout time.

Catastrofic Luv
yah!! simpsons movie!!! hell yah!!! haha.

SlayerChick1188
its getting old, but i'm still gonna miss the simpsons when they decide to put it out of its misery... sad

Especially Ralph:

"That's where I saw the Leprchaun. He tells me to burn things!"

"The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger outta there"

"I found a moonrock in my nose!"

wicker_man
"That's where I saw the Leprchaun. He tells me to burn things!"

That is my favourite line ever,it cracks me up every time i hear it, hey do you like Malcom in the middle

Godshinto
I really like the episode with homer in it oh wait that all of them. To be more Specific I like the episode where Herb Homer's long lost brother comes back into his life, I want the machine that they invented.

Johnson
its going to be cartoon!! dummies!

Godshinto
What ar you talking about the whole point of making a movie was to do a live action Movie. Matt Groening stated that it will be a live action movie and the next seasons episodes will be leading up to the movie.

ZombieMan127
Duff Mans a hilarous character, Homers hilarious they all have there moments. Family Guy does kick @$$ and Dr. Hibbert doesnt have a gay laugh its a deep cheery funny one lol this movies gonna suck. laughing out loud devil

ragesRemorse
man this would be a BAD BAD mistake on the simpsons franchise, i mean you wouldnt have your favorite characters, they may be there in live action but they wouldt be the real simpsons, it just wouldnt have the eimpsons appeal why dont you just make a cartoon movie that would work but please NO cG no more CG shows cartoons or movies its all horribly bad, simpsons is doing just fine yo leave it at a series if you dont want to make it a cartoon movie, i think making it a cartoon movie but making it R rated would be alot better than a live action movie it would make more money too

ragesRemorse
just have to say somthing to ziggy zags post about the simpsons being around to long, there is no other show as smart as the simpsons well family guy was but that lasted what 2 seasons, if you take away the simpsons your left with everyone loves raymond or what ever crap is out ther

ragesRemorse
and slayer chick i hope someone puts you out of your misery, simpsons should go on forever and whoever says they are going down hill in ratings then tell me how even now they have never been below the top five most popular shows of the year ????

ragesRemorse
sorry for all the posts but the simpsons are sighned on untill there 15th season, there in there 14th now 2002 2003 season so theyll have one more to go so it will be atleast about another year or two till this movie would dlam into the theaters

willowisp
i'm not absolutely positive about this, but, i was told that the movie will be about bart losing his virginity when he's fifteen. sorry if i'm mistaken bunny

favorite seasons: 3-9 one eye

Aragorn#1
cool cool

ragesRemorse
hey man i looked on a search engine and everything that came up about the simpsons movies said that they are indeed going to be animated, and most aall of them said they wouldnt be started untill the last season which if there renewed untill 2010 groening said then they would make no less than two movies to concurr with the series i diddnt find anything out of alot of interviews taken by groening and the producers about a live action movie they all said animated

DemonicGambit
As long as its funny, I'm happy. Animated or live, I don't care

takame44
I read on this other movie website that they have signed to make 3 Simpson movies in total, but I don't know when any of them will be out in theaters.

Godshinto
Alright here's the real scoop since I am the man to start this Thread I shall set you all straight. The simpson's are coming to an end in March of 2006 at the end of the animated series they will release a live action movie only a few stars have read the role for the characters, it is reported the Sarah Michelle Gellar shall star in the movie Tony Blair is being asked to be in the movie, from what I have read Matt Greoning is going for big stars only. It will be sad to see the simpsons go at the end of their run in March of 2006 that will cap off a long running 16 seasons, for most of yous that's as old as you. Good news is that the film will start production in the next year for the March 2006 Deadline and the Movie should air sometime before the end of 2006. So let's enjoy what's left because the end is near sad

gregmss
the cast have signed on for three films and since one has already comeout the 2 one is out next year

tb0099
I like Justin Berfield. The prospect of a Simpsons movie sounds interesting.

BackFire
that's awful, if they do a movie it should be animated, I will not see it with live actors, despite being a lifelong fan of the series. Bad move groening.

Wolfie
It's the hair I'm worried about. It would have been better to just make a cartoon or CG movie. I think they have overstayed their welcome too. 15 years is long enough.

Steven
simpsons are still good....remember when southpark took over?! well only for a few months lol and they went down hill after that....then simpsons was getting all popular again.....

I hope this movie turns out good.......

BackFire
South park is currently supperior to the simpsons.

LanceWindu
Personal opinion there Chris.

BackFire
Obviously.

But as far as I'm concerned south park is better in every way as of now, if you compare the new south park episodes to new simpsons episodes, south park is much smarter, more cutting edge, and alot more creative...the simpsons at their peak were still unbeatable, back in the mid 90's, but now, they're stale, and they're lucky if they have 3 good jokes in a whole episode now.

The show should have ended years ago, they're soiling the greatness that show once had, with the current mediocrity it contains.

Punker69
That movie is gonna be a disaster!Why dont they just use cartoons?Ive been waiting for this movie so long and now there gonna USE REAL PEOPLE!!!!Its gonna be stupid.The simpsons can only be cartoons thats the only way there good.

jpres
Wow...this is one of the worst ideas for a movie I have heard of in a long time. Not so much the Simpsons for inspiration, but the fact that it will be live actors doing it. This will be one movie I will be sure not to see. I can already imagine it....ruining the idea in my head of the Simpsons.

Punker69
I wanted this movie so long.Why do they have to use real actors?WHY DO YOU MOCK ME O LORD??????!!!!!!

fini
OH No................someone stop him quick

THE CARNAGE OF OUr beloved cartoons MUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!

we have to stop him please people

LeAtHerRFace
Is there such thing?. That would be cool though with real characters. But im not sure who would fit in each of the spots.

Piggle Humsy
Yes they're making it!!! big grin Happy Dance.. saw this news thing yesterday..

'Simpsons' Film Will Take Years

The eagerly-awaited movie version of The Simpsons is finally under way, but fans are being warned they will have to wait years before it hits cinemas. Yeardley Smith - who provides the voice for eight-year-old character Lisa Simpson - fears avid viewers of the show will lose interest in the cartoon family by the time the film is released, but believes it's more important for Simpsons bosses to focus their efforts on the current series rather than the movie. She says, "Animation takes forever. My wish for the show is that we go out with a bang not a pimple." Last week it emerged the new season of The Simpsons was under threat because of a pay revolt among the actors who give voices to Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and the other stars.

Woohoo!

Piggle one eye
x x x x

forumcrew
yea they are waiting till the show is over (atleast 2 more season) and the film will take atleast 3 years (its animated, animation takes a long time)

LeAtHerRFace
Aw.. I was hoping for real actor/actresses in the roles.

sentinelrv
What would they do, paint the actors yellow. laughing
I don't know about real live actors. I don't think it would fit with the cartoon at all. Without animation, and all the same voices, it wouldn't be The Simpons.

JKozzy
Live actors would suck ass. sentinelrv is right, without the animation, it's not the Simpsons.

Punker69
I heard a rumor they where doing live actors and I was just like "THAT SUCKS" what where they think?But now I know its gonna be cartoon and I hope they dont ruin it.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>