Revealing or discovery?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JediOasis
This has been talked about a lot recently, and it seems that most of you seem to think that Palpatine reveals himself, but I like to think that one of the Jedi discovers him.

mechmoggy
This is very possible as we know that whether they're dark or light side that they can sense each other. Its like the old joke...How does Darth Vader know what he's getting for Christmas?.....he felt his presents.

krautrocker
I very much doubt he reveals himself. There is no reason to. It can gain him no advantage and only create new enemies. I think the jedi will figure it out when it is too late. Maybe somebody let's it slip and they are destroyed.

Gundark
Hehehe. laughing out loud Good one, mech. smile

Well I would say that it will be a discovery on the jedi's part, perhaps accidental even. But remember in ep1 when Maul said "At last we shall reveal ourselves to the Jedi. At last we will have revenge" That didn't work too well, since Maul ended up at the bottom of one of George's shafts. So I say Palpy keeps himself pretty well hidden until he declares himself emporer.

DarthBorgie
But who would discover him? My only votes are for Obi and Anakin.

Ushgarak
Could be Windu.

JediOasis
I think it could be Anakin but its only because Palpatine is trying to turn. My guess is that Anakin leaves confused not knowing whether to go back to Palpatine or go tell the Jedi.

Gundark
What do you think of this....Perhaps Anakin discovering Palpatine/Sidious will be his test. I mean, that will tell Sidious that Anakin is truly powerful with the force and he will turned into the ultimate darkside apprentice. evil face

Raz
I think the Jedi will know that there is another Sith out there, but not that he is Palpatine.
The Jedi are rumored to know Sidious as Sido-Dyas, something to do with the way the Kaminions speak.

jedi212guy
I think that Anakin will definitely be one of the first to find out about Palpatine. However, this might not even take place in Episode II but instead in Episode III.

JediOasis
I would like it if Anakin or one of the Jedi found out at the end of EPII, and that could be one aspect of the cliffhanger that we know George is going to have.

Ushgarak
Or is he...

Yeah, he is.

jedi212guy
GL just loves messing with our minds.

Gundark
Oh, George is gonna make the end of ep2 a cliffhanger alright....I just KNOW it....it could be Anakin discovering Sidious, the emminent death of Shmi (cause she's in 3), Padme in peril, oh its gonna be frustrating, whatever it is. sad

finti
I think Palpy will reveal himself to a very badly wounded Anakin. I saw an interview with George last night and there he talked about Vader. "He is more machine than man, but no humanity left, with mechanical legs and arms." Well we all saw Vaders hand, but mechanical legs. Guess poor old Anakin will be pretty worse of than I first imagined.
Anyway I think Palpy will seek out the injured Anakin and then lay it all out for him. Using the dark side of the force palpy will finish Anakin`s turn to the dark side, which will be easy towards the already weakened and betrayed soul of Anakin. Betrayed at least in Anakins mind.

Gundark
Where did you catch the interview, finti ?

Ushgarak
Or IS Shmi in Three? In the sense of still being alive in it? Oh, she probably is, but having filmed already for it is suspicous... I wouldn't be surprised if it was a recording.

Gundark
Well, James Earl Jones is recording for ep3, I guess Pernilla could too.

Ushgarak
Good old JEJ...he's the man. Well, one of several men anyway.

Gundark
I just love his voice. If you close your eyes when he's talking, its like hearing Vader pitch Verizon. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Do you think Vader was the voice of the Imperial News Network?

finti
They have Star Wars weekend on Canal+(Chanal+) and it was a program called "The mythology of Star Wars" and it was an 50 min interview with GL. Very interesting, they gonna send it again and this time I`ll tape it.

ko_kidd_2k1
WEAK

I think that's crazy that Shmi will be in three, RHYMES wink

But seriously (another rhyme) is George trying to say that all people can be spirits, or will this be a dream; I guess the Padme thing will also be some dream that Leia has in ROTJ, if GL indeed puts Natalie in the OT.

But as long as it's a good scene, it's okay.

But LEGS GONE, HOLY SH!T

Anakin got F*CKED UP!!! evil face eek! evil face eek! evil face

HOLY MUTHA

This movie will kick some serious @ss very soon.

They say this one might not make as much as the others since it's "darker" but this movie will probably rock! rolling on floor laughing

yerssot
it's a rumor, not a fact

Dexx
*Vader voice* starts singing 12 days of christmas.
"On the first day of christmas, the emperor gave to me:
One robotic arm,
Two ligh sabers,
And a TIE fighter in the docking baaaaaaaaay!'

*applauses*

yerssot
I want a lightsabre!

finti
No .... big grin

ehh three years soon?

yerssot
Anakin can see dead people wink

ko_kidd_2k1
Soon, obviously not soon enough, but can't wait!

Anyway, I'm not saying you're wrong, but maybe this interview where GL supposedly said she was in Ep III is real, who knows, just going on what I hear...er...read!

wink

yerssot
there is a difference between EPIII and EPVII

ko_kidd_2k1
Huh, Ep VII, I know about the possibility of a third trilogy, which GL said he wouldn't do, but I don't understand why u said this:

"there is a difference between EPIII and EPVII" --Yessrot

Unless you're talking about what GL says about his ideas for the movies and such, and how he can change his mind on a whim?

yerssot
that is still a rumor
but a post later you talked about her being in EpIII

Mujaffa
keep pictures to the Eu forum

Julie
I think.....hmmm reveal would be more akin to stumbles upon and barely escapes with life intact

Dark Lord Djas
Getting back to the subject, I think that palpatine reveals himself to anakin and tells him his plan. Then anakin comes back to obi-wan later and tells him about the plan. Or something like that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.