Thirteen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aerosin
i loved this movie, anyone liked it?

dirtypop
Yeah it was really good; intense, but really amazing... And the acting was just fantastic, especially Evan Rachel Wood - she really brought her skills to this movie.

Waggy the Dog
Yes...it was a delight to watch.

Kaleanae
I saw it, is pretty interesting, and the acting is great

fanatos
Yes, it was amazing. eek!

m!$hA
i loved it too yes but this thred has been made erm

Stormeister
When I first saw this movie I was shocked at what kids my age can actually get into.It shows the journey of a younge girl getting into sex drugs ect ect and it really is amazing and shocking.The acting is top notch and really brings the movie up..

All and All this is a good movie wink 5/5

m!$hA
yeah i know...im a year older then theyre meant to do and i havnt even done half the stuff they have (gotten with a girl, drugs, all that stuff!) erm but like i said it was gr8!!

Waggy the Dog
the only problem is that they should have hired actors who were actually 13 years of age. I know the girl who isn't Evan Rachael Wood is 13 or 14, but Evan Rachael Wood is like 15 or 16.

Aerosin
no, evie was like 15 when she shot the movie
and tracy was like 17

Evil Dead
meh..........it was decent I guess. There was no real plot to the movie........characters weren't developed very well. It was basically just a shock film.......a very irresponsible shock film at that.

The two audiences who viewed the film were kids......and parents. It presented a very unrealistic portrayal of 13 year old kids to each. It falsely presents the parents with "this is what your 13 year old is doing or could be doing".......and falsely presents kids with, "this is the way the cool 13 year old kids act....if you want to be cool, this is how".......

completely unnecissary.........made for shock value......nothing realistic about it. Now if the movie had been called Fifteen ......maybe.

Stormeister
I think it was trying to tell what some 13 year olds where like not necissary saying "this is what your kids are doing" but lets face it some kids get into that stuff at a younge age.

Cinemaddiction
I may have to rent it, just to weigh in, since there's such a spirited debate goin' down.

Stormeister
Its ok its one of those films made for shock value tho theres no real plot erm

Cinemaddiction
Is there an echo? stick out tongue

I'll keep that in mind when I am done watching the movie, since it seems as if when it comes to movies, I have a tendency to view it different than other people. In more analytical sense.

Stormeister
I think there is...is...is stick out tongue

Cinemaddiction
Alright, I just finished it. You people and your "amazing" claims and generous ratings must have some flawed logic. Of course, nobody bothered stating what made it so special, other than the obvious.

1st gripe. It was very contrived. So, a girl is tired of being out of the loop, so she goes to Hot Topic to buy a vintage tee and some wristbands, and gets noticed in the course of just a couple of days. Hmm mm.

2nd gripe. There was no reluctance on her behalf. It's called "peer pressure" for a reason. She basically non chalantly played "monkey see, monkey do", and didn't chicken out. Ever.

3rd gripe. The sped up "de-evolution". Kind of hitting on what I spoke about in my first gripe, this chick from 0-60 in the course of about 2 weeks? There wasn't much of a timeline on which to base her descent, so it's a guesstimate.

4th gripe. What was with the partiality to these girls and African American boys? I'm not offended, but it seemed rather..out of place.

5th gripe. I understand that the kid is 13, and from a broken home, but was it really necessary to have EVERYTHING happen to her and her family? I mean, her mother is a hairdresser, her boyfriend moves in, her friend and her kid stay for a while, they can't pay the bills, the girl becomes a huffing, cutting, pot smoking, scantily clad 7th grader with a violence fetish????

I got the point after learning Holly Hunter was a middle class single mom, which is usually a catalyst for not having a leash on your kids.

6th gripe. Oooh, yeah. There's more. The beginning and ending made no sense, in relation to the timeline. At the beginning of the film, where these freaks are huffing er whatever, the title reads "Four Months Earlier." Now, considering the movie technically ends with Avril Lavigne and her Latino whore gal pal on the bed, at the actual end of the movie, she's told that she'll never see Evie again, because they are moving. Now, if the segment where they are throwing blows at each others numbed out faces, are they not seeing each other, as this scene is taking place after their initial seperation? Riddle me that.

Anywho, it tried way too hard to get across the message that kids are growing up faster than normal these days, unfortunately, it's not very indicitive of EVERY teen. It would have been smarter had they not focused on the cliched teenager with one parent and a low income. In the real world, even good parents have bad kids who get in with the wrong crowd.

You want some teen realism, go rent "KIDS". 2/5 from me, on this one. Belongs in movie purgatory with "King Arthur", and "Taking Lives", IMO.

Stormeister
It wasnt that bad stick out tongue

It had some very good acting in it though and the story had its flaws but it showed how some teens COULD react to these sort of things believe me Cinemaddiction its happened before this is 2004 teens are not what they used to be.

Cinemaddiction
I didn't see anything special about the acting, personally. It was a teenager just playing an angry version of herself. Not much of a stretch.

Holly Hunter played a sympathetic mother to a T, though.

Stormeister
I was talking about Holly Hunter more than the girls.Her breast where unessaccery tho sad

Cinemaddiction
It was a rather Sissy Space in "Carrie" kind of scene, and yes, totally unnecessary.

Stormeister
Yeah I just hate it when they put stuff like that in a movie probaly just to ensure and R rating erm

furryman
I haven't seen this but maybe 13 is a bit young for girls to get into this stuff, here at least.
The family situation is stereotypical and children do rebel in good households, I know people like that.

absolutely

Stormeister
Not being trying to be rude but watch the movie before you post in this thread erm

Whats "KIDS" rated?

Cinemaddiction
I think it's "R", but by all means shoud be "NC-17".

Stormeister
I cant watch it if its that bad erm

Cinemaddiction
It's debaucherous, and about as unsettling as "Monster" was for me.

BackFire
Kids is outstanding. Extremely powerful film. But stay away from Larry Clarks other film Bully, and Harmonie Korine's movie "Gummo". Both try to be shocking, as kids was, but fail miserably.

Stormeister
I havent seen monter yet...should I?

Cinemaddiction
I recommend it personally, really gripping movie. But like I said, it's one of the few films that made me uncomfortable watching it at times. Guess it's a testament to the severity of Aileen Wuernos' condition and lifestyle.

Aerosin
i liked thirteen for its outstanding filmography, with the unusual angles, and the discoloring. i also liked it because of its originality from all of the other "fantasy" movies from this year. and for a directors first film, its pretty damn good. but i do agree, monster is unsettling, but that is needed.

Stormeister
You know most movies are starting to show part of the end before the at the beggining erm

Kill Bill
Th13teen
The Butterfly Effect

I mean whats with that ?

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
Have no idea.....but I saw the movie thirteen, and I was like whoa!

I personally thought it was a good movie and was a good depiction of "Some" teenage girls.

Stormeister
Yeah "Some".People are getting the wrong message of the film thinking the film is saying "this is what ALL teenage girls are like" erm

CaPtaInCLaUdiA
You are absolutely right.

My ex cheer co-coach told us once, "We arent stupid we know what you girls are up to weekend nights, drinking, drugs, sex, you know right from wrong, and each of you know that on sunday morning you all have to be here, no matter if you're hungover, that was your decision"

First of all I know some girls on the team were virgins and some of them had never even drank or done drugs. Adults can be very presumptuous.

Stormeister
Exactly sp when seeing this movie just know that this isnt a story of all teenage girls.

Jedi Priestess
personally I thought it sucked.......and Im a Holly Hunter fan....Claudia, I'm a cheer coach and I give my girls the benefit of the doubt. smile

Stormy_Day
Notive how she said "CAN" she didnt mean all adults wink

longvacation
i thought it was real entertainment, which is why i watch movies. also fantastic acting, you cant argue with that. the time setting of the start really didnt confuse me at all cinemaaddiction. i think it was good in the way that it brought all these things to light, making anyone who watched it aware of it. i just wish that they had shown the people who didnt do that kind of stuff in a better light...instead of the babyish girl who came round so tracey could do her hair.

i have one q that has been really bugging me though, when evie was in the kitchen she said something to tracey in gibberish. WHAT DID SHE SAY?anyone? thanx.

Cinemaddiction
They were speaking in code, and from what I remember, it was something along the lines of where to tell her mom where they were going.

Movie was somewhat entertaining, but almost too unrealistic, and cliched.

Stormy_Day
Yeah the realistic meter for this movie isnt very high erm

longvacation
hm i might have to disagree with that one...i know a few girls like that where i live, and when i went to la, i met girls who were even more like that. probably 14-15...and older but still i dont think its THAT unrealistic.

Cinemaddiction
So, in the course of less than 3 months, people you knew went through all of that in "Thirteen"?

That's my point, I doubt it.

Stormy_Day
Im gonna use this analogy again.There are probaly millions of young girls in the world today.And you think because 1 or 3 on your block have done that its safe to say a majority of teenage girls do that?

longvacation
as a teenage girl myself i dont know anyone who HASNT came into contact with girls of that nature. they def arent a majority but they are there and most people will have to deal with them at some point, in some way or another. stealing, doing drugs, self harming, being disrespectful to parents, being very sexually active are all things we see and learn about - they are commonplace! its the whole transition of growing up to be brought into a world where these things take place. we see how tracy meets one of these girls and befriends her and almost inevitably turns out like her. I agree that the age was maybe a bit too young but i totally disagree that it is an unrealistic plot.

Stormy_Day
HAVE YOU SEEN THE MOVIE?!

do you really think most teenage girls are like that? erm

longvacation
AGAIN, i did not say most! but most will come into contact wih that minority so its worth bringing it to attention. Hmm, i know a lot of people, not just my friends, who agree that it was quite realistic so Im thinking maybe its because we live in different countries or because Im a girl that we disagree so strongly.

m!$hA
the thing that i find strange about this film is that its about two 13 year olds right!?
and its about what they get up to right!?
well then, so why is it rated MA15+?? for all of u who dont have the same rating thing as us (ill only do three of em), it's PG reccomded for people 13 and over, yet you ca be younger to see the movie, then theres M+ where they just reccomend you to be mature, then theres MA15+ where you have to be 15 or over to get into the movies to see it?? and this movie is rated ma15+?? confused

botankus
Stormy! I'm disappointed in your naivity.
Just where do you think trailer trash comes from?? wink

MildPossession
The only reason I saw this was because of Holly Hunter, big fan of the actress, and I was not disappointed at all when it concerned her in the movie, especially near the end in the scenes with her daughter. But apart from that.... The self destructive aspect of the movie I liked as well. That's all I can think of that appealed to me in Thirteen.

longvacation
although I stand by my views that the plot was realistic, I feel that all the bad stuff was totally glamourised: why did they have such a good time, why didn't it ever show them having drugs that did NOT make them hyper, that made them depressive instead? smokin' and with all the damage they were doing to themselves they should be tempermental and ugly. mad Shit should have happened to them, they shouldn't have just had a 4 month party with nice looking guys Happy Dance ...i think the only thing some people would take away from it would be "make sure if you do this you only do it with a very loyal friend and don't get caught" cool

shanie623
This movie is very intense. I loved it. I honestly don't like watching "teen" movies, but this one was really different. Evan Rachel Wood portrayed the character really well. And I think her character can relate to any 12-15 year old teens out there. (Personally, it totally reminded me of my middle school and highschool life) This movie is very real. It has suicide issues, drug issues, as well as boy issues and friend issues WHICH really all happened in my life. (Also if anyone liked this movie, I recommend "White Oleander"wink ^_^

botankus
I say let 'em live like that when they're young. They'll either do one of three things:
1) Learn from their mistakes and better their life.
2) Marry some wife-beater and wonder what went wrong while having The Jerry Springer Show on speed-dial.
3) Or die young. Judging by the sig of the person who posted before this one (shanie623), apparantly that choice isn't all that bad.

longvacation
hey what is the deal with oleander anyway i thought it was just a plant? but if that film is called white oleander...and katy rose often sings about oleander...? someone explain?

DegrassiFan13
i just saw thirteen with my 2 best friends.......we're all 13 and we cudnt believe some girls our age we're doing that but we know its out there ....the 2 things i didnt like was 1. the ending didnt get it...does she ever recover from being what she was..? 2. the way everytime they showed them takin drugs they were havin fun

but that stuff does happen and it is out there ....you are gonna run into at some point or another....even if you're older then thirteen

botankus
1. Hopefully she didn't and just died. I still like my desired ending (in one of forums), which was hoping for some Chuck Norris-like guy to come by with a missle launcher, completely emptying his ammo supply on their house.

2. I believe in one particular scene they were beating the crap out of each other. Well, people have their own ideas of fun nowadays.

spidergrl
I liked this movie. It was weird. As Misha said on the first page, Im two years older then them and I havn't done half of what they've done. I was alittle shocked as well wink

But it was good, just seeing how things like that happen, and its so true! wink

IceWithin
I loved the movie... really original, acting was great... plot very unpredictable... shocking... exiting...

great movie

spidergrl
yea i was surprised at how the actors were excellent and i've never really seen them before!

It was a great, un-predictable and shocking movie!

Nicely put IceWithin! happy

IceWithin
Ive actually seen rachel wood before.. but she was much better in this movie... :d

thank you cool

spidergrl
what else has she been in? confused

Cid
i want to see it but i can't rent it out.

IceWithin
spidey > practical magic

cid > y not?

Cid
cos it's R16 and my parents can't be bothered to come down and rent it out for me sad

IceWithin
oh sad well... too bad for you... here in china I can buy any movies....they dont care how old u are my little sister can buy R-rated movies laughing out loud ****ed up... I know laughing out loud

botankus
Originally posted by IceWithin
I loved the movie... really original, acting was great... plot very unpredictable... shocking... exiting...

What was so unpredictable about it??

Who, going into this movie, didn't know they were going to do idiotic, rebellious things that they would regret when they finally matured to the point of a 40 IQ??

I was also hoping that they would die via a massacre at the hands of a bounty hunter, but I didn't expect it. It was extremely predictable.

IceWithin
did u really predict that evie was going to blame everything on tracy?
and I dunno if u noticed but that was the most important event of the whole movie... and were u able to predict how was tracy's mom going to react when she found out the truth...

ure always talkin out of ure ass

botankus
did u really predict that evie was going to blame everything on tracy?

Yes, just as much as I predicted the movie would fit in Hollywood's Hall of Fame as much as Mean Creek or The Wraith.

I loved the movie... really original,
Because Kids, River's Edge, and Gummo never existed, right? Next time, don't for get to include movies that were made when you were three years old!

acting was great...

Acting like spoiled brats takes talent? If so, they should have saved themselves the trouble and just held talent searches at the mall. One of the girls was from where I live and it was her first movie. Too bad it won't be her last.
I will admit, though, Holly Hunter is great in most of her movies.

plot very unpredictable
We already covered this one. Maybe it's unpredictaqble to you. If so, please exit your cave immediately!
... shocking...
*YAWN* Seen it, lived it, don't need untalented 15-year old "actresses" pretending to play thirteen-year old idiots, trying to show me what's "real." Movies made for shock value keep getting worse and worse.
... exiting...
EXITING is a great word for this movie!!!!
... ure always talkin out of ure ass
When my ass makes more sense than your naive explanations, that's pretty sad! Don't cut yourself down like that.

IceWithin
u seriously presicted evie was gonna do that? no... so it was unpredictable wink

please start giving me names of movies that show how a nice girl can get into drugs and alcohol... Id really like to see them

of course it does, it's called ACTING laughing out loud

in which u did not make any sense at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

well not everybody goes through those kinds of things, and Im sorry but i not only doubt but I dont BELIEVE u've been through all that
oh and r u tired? maybe u should go take a nap

it is isnt it?

my naive explanitions, u mean ure sarcastic jokes and your yawns? confused

botankus
Well, for one I don't know how they do things in China, so I can't comment on your risque lifestyle. However, judging by your response and your praise of Thirteen, it must be pretty docile.

And you probably don't know how things are over here. You'd be VERY surprised at the happenings of many small-towns in this country. Same goes for large cities, too, but it's more expected there.

I would like to add that I have never seen anyone respond to "quotes" from someone on KMC and forgot (or didn't know how) to include the quotes themselves! Find a message board turorial ASAP.

IceWithin
I spend my teenhood in the states, and my childhood in Chile
and I must say I NEVER bumbed into girls like that who were actually 13

and I think I have posted here MUCH more than u have I know better how a forum works, I just have a life I wont spend 3 minutes arranging quotes

spidergrl
your full of bu!! shit botankus.

GO ICEWITHIN happy

IceWithin
happy thanks babes

IceWithin
the guy has issues cant he accept ppl like it?

spidergrl
happy thanks babes
hug no probs hun.

As you said, some times people can't except thing like that, when they're wrong! wink

IceWithin
I hate that yes

plus it wasnt like botankus wanted to disucuss the movie, he simply started talking shit about the movie erm

spidergrl
he prob just wanted an arguement! but he should have choosen someone more easier, not your babes! happy

IceWithin
laughing out loud I dont mind to discuss a movie, but I hate arguing over a movie wacko

spidergrl
yea, most movies are awsome anyways happy

IceWithin
there r MANY of them that suck too though...

botankus

IceWithin
please tell me ure not kidding... we werent DISCUSSING a movie, your first post in the thread was not something like "I didnt like this movie cause..." or "I hated this movie cause..." no, u plainly and rudely said the movie sucked.
so how many members do u know? 3? 4?

means shit? means everything smartass, I have more expirience than you, yes I fit perfectly there cuz ppl are nice there... not some uptight assholes...

yes, making friends, not quoting wink

following you?? u paranoic assface laughing

no theres nothing wrong with it, but just dont start dissing the people who did like it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Cinemaddiction
Do me a favor, and take this to P.M's. If you need furthur intervention, I'd be more than happy to have Raz look into it. I don't think Chris asked for this harassment?

botankus
No, I didn't, and I can deal with arguing every now and then on KMC. But the difference here is that it's usually with members like Tex or Kosta - members who are very intelligent and make excellent points to back up their side.

This guy, however, is like trying to win an argument with a twelve-year old. The responses are very juvenile and usually along the lines of "No, you suck!" or "I'm better than you!"

I'm done, Cory, no need to reply. I'm sure IceMan Jr. will respond, but I'm not going to respond back or PM him, either.

IceWithin
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
Do me a favor, and take this to P.M's. If you need furthur intervention, I'd be more than happy to have Raz look into it. I don't think Chris asked for this harassment?

Originally posted by botankus
No, I didn't, and I can deal with arguing every now and then on KMC. But the difference here is that it's usually with members like Tex or Kosta - members who are very intelligent and make excellent points to back up their side.

This guy, however, is like trying to win an argument with a twelve-year old. The responses are very juvenile and usually along the lines of "No, you suck!" or "I'm better than you!"

I'm done, Cory, no need to reply. I'm sure IceMan Jr. will respond, but I'm not going to respond back or PM him, either.

laughing out loud u might not answer but I know damn well ure reading it wink same thing happened with the post above cine's (who's online)

oh and editing "f*ckwad" huh?
nice move laughing out loud

spidergrl
you rock Icewithin embarrasment

fenwayfranks
Worst movie ever. Its about teenage girls doing drugs and ahvign sex. It's just abotu as stupid as Napolean Dynamite. I don't know why everyone LOVES these 2 movies..

botankus
Originally posted by fenwayfranks
Worst movie ever. Its about teenage girls doing drugs and ahvign sex. It's just abotu as stupid as Napolean Dynamite. I don't know why everyone LOVES these 2 movies..

That's kind of like comparing Sixteen Candles to Nine Months.

Cinemaddiction
Originally posted by fenwayfranks

"Napoleon Dynamite" was intentionally stupid. This one just defined coming of age teen girl melodrama. Surprised there wasn't a pregnancy and a ex-con boyfriend.

spidergrl
Originally posted by botankus
That's kind of like comparing Sixteen Candles to Nine Months.

got a point! wink

Bardock42
I didn't like the movie to much either.....it tries to be shocking yes, but it didn'T really work....at least not for me. Yes well she cuts herself, has sex, does drugs but she pretty much does it by herself ...so its not that great of a movie I think.

spidergrl
I dont know ..... I was pretty squrmish when she cut herself embarrasment

Bardock42
Well yes it was pretty disgusting and nothing I ever wanted to see but it was not like "Oh my god its so unbelievable she does this Oh god I will have to change my life"-Shocking

spidergrl
yea, i know! I just felt like I could relate to the movie more wink through personally reasons! And surprisingly that scene didn't put me off ..... like i thought it would bag

Bardock42
Originally posted by spidergrl
yea, i know! I just felt like I could relate to the movie more wink through personally reasons! And surprisingly that scene didn't put me off ..... like i thought it would bag

Actually i was like...gaddamm stop that I don't want to see people cutting themselves thats non of my business....in that way it was shocking, it was like a worse Requiem for a dream just that it had kids in it.....(Requiem for a dream I liked by the way....maybe they deserved it ....the film still was good)

spidergrl
hmm ... maybe you have compassion after all?! stick out tongue

hahaha yea i just couldn't see it, different perspective i guess!

Bardock42
hmm ... maybe you have compassion after all?! stick out tongue

hahaha yea i just couldn't see it, different perspective i guess!

Probably.......

For the compassion thing...No....i do not have any compassion.....I just liked the movie (Requiem for a Dream)...cause it is good made and the Story is pretty decent and Jennifer Connelly is hot. Well I didn*t mind watching Thirteen either...iI just wouldn't count it as one of my favorite movies.

*Georgina_A*
I love Thirteen, it's such an emotional film and it's so well done. Also makes you think about how many girls are actually going through the same thing...Sad really erm

spidergrl
hmm ..... i would say one of my top 10 ....... relating to it really moved it up for me wink

Bardock42
I like the Step Dad...he was really cool......man its such a long time since I watched it....

spidergrl
the step dad? really?! I ........ maybe it was him ...... or the father?! confused one of them i liked

*Georgina_A*
the step dad? really?! I ........ maybe it was him ...... or the father?! confused one of them i liked

Most probably the mum's boyfriend stick out tongue

spidergrl
Hmm ...... who was the one that drove her home as her mother was waiting to show her the drugs she found in her room?

*Georgina_A*
The mum's boyfriend I think...huh

Haven't seen the film in ages either sad

Bardock42
Yes I meant the Mum's boyfriend...he was cool

spidergrl
yea, i dont know...... who was the one who was packing while the mum was in the shower and he was going to piss off out of there! i dont like him!

*Georgina_A*
yea, i dont know...... who was the one who was packing while the mum was in the shower and he was going to piss off out of there! i dont like him!

That was also the mum's boyfriend

lol, we're really confusing ourselves!

Bardock42
That was him...but he was super cool...what are you talking aboot......he was nice to the little **** although she was a little ****

spidergrl
except that he wanted to leave the mother?!

but all teenagers have their moments!

Bardock42
except that he wanted to leave the mother?!

but all teenagers have their moments!

Well cause the Girl was a total whore...and a mean one too....plus he didn't

And if teenagers have moments liek that they are not worth saving...

spidergrl
sometimes, people get into some things that they can't always control!

Bardock42
sometimes, people get into some things that they can't always control!

yes well she could have she just did it cause she was stupid......

spidergrl
Yea ...... but its also can start off with things like trying to be popular .. and all that that teenages want to be at that age wink

Bardock42
Hmm yes, maybe, still shes a total **** and the Moms BF is cool

spidergrl
are we talking about the main teenage girl?

you can't call her a **** ....... she got involoved in the wrong things in the wrong crowd!

Bardock42
are we talking about the main teenage girl?

you can't call her a **** ....... she got involoved in the wrong things in the wrong crowd!

No she didn't she just did stupid things...wanted to be grown up..did drugs ...I will admit the other girls was worse but the main character still behaved like a ***** .... so you would say she'S not to blame but you don'T like the Moms BF because it is too much for him....

spidergrl
I never said I didn't like him, i just didn't like the fact that he was going to take off while the mother was in the shower!

well, maybe she got too far in until she relised that she was in shit!

Bardock42
Yes yu did say you didn't like him stick out tongue

Maybe she did...but it was her own fault no one asked her to do it.

spidergrl
I know, but everyone makes mistakes once and awhile!

Bardock42
I know, but everyone makes mistakes once and awhile!

Yes but she made more and more...I am not saying she shouldn't been helped...I am just saying she is not that poor girls people say...it was very much her own fault.

spidergrl
It was her fault, but only because she wanted to be someone that she wasn't!

she wanted to be popular ...... and everything that comes with that!

we've all been there once!

Bardock42
With We all have been there once you mean...whom?

But yes well...not a great movie but watchable.

spidergrl
i have .....

are you saying you've never wanted to be someone your not?

Bardock42
Well yes...Batman...but its aboot what way you chose...I certainly neveer wanted to be a filthy crack whore.

spidergrl
Neither did she!

She just wanted to be popular and have attension! Most teenage girls at that age want that. She then went too far by getting involved in what came with that!

*Georgina_A*
Neither did she!

She just wanted to be popular and have attension! Most teenage girls at that age want that. She then went too far by getting involved in what came with that!

^^ Yeah, I mean, all girls have problems at that age...They just deal with them in different ways. And yeah, most teenage girls want to be popular and have attention.

spidergrl
See! everything I know, can once start off inocent and before the person knows, its way over their head. And in a situation like that, with drugs, she's prob not knowing whats happening half the time. She wants to be popular and fit in ...... and alot comes with that!

*Georgina_A*
See! everything I know, can once start off inocent and before the person knows, its way over their head. And in a situation like that, with drugs, she's prob not knowing whats happening half the time. She wants to be popular and fit in ...... and alot comes with that!

Yeah...and it's not like she was old enough to definitely be mature about the situation erm I mean, she was only 13, and it looks like she was quite a sweet and innocent one.

spidergrl
until you get into the wrong crowd. I just dont see how you can say she's a *****, i mean, you can blame her for wanting to be popular .... thats all. its just the extremes she took to fit in with them!

Bardock42
No I called her a **** cause she was a ****...if that was her fault or not doesn'T matter.....

And maybe all girls want to be popular, I wouldn'T know...but you still have to accept that what you do counts...not why...I know I am rather utilitaristic (god is that even a word) but its true none the less.....
IF she killed someone I wouldn'*t care if she wanted to be popular or not she did what sshe did....and deserved it.

spidergrl
You understand that I dont know what your calling her, because of these ----> ******* roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know, if she killed someone and was on drugs or anything ..... I wouldn't care, she did it and deserves the punishment. I just dont know where you're going with this ......!

Bardock42
Oh I am just saying that she is not a lovable character at all......

spidergrl
Were you calling her a s!ut by anychance?

Bardock42
Were you calling her a s!ut by anychance?

S!ut, Kunt....pretty much all that she was.....

botankus
Kids need to learn the expression, "You play, you pay" instead of being naive products of the culture surrounding them.

WrathfulDwarf
Damn! This movie had some superb acting. Great casting and terrific performances. I think they need to work on the story. But aside from that the acting is great. I love how the young girl goes from teddy bears and boy crazy to suicidal and reckless.

Solo
The writing was an absolute drag. The story & characters were overblown and inaccurate. If they were to create a true to life depiction of a thirteen year old, it would be a bore.

Bardock42
Still it was okay...but not like...awesome...-ful.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Solo
The story & characters were overblown and inaccurate. If they were to create a true to life depiction of a thirteen year old, it would be a bore.

Oddly enough...that was the same reaction I had with Requiem for a Dream. Except for the depiction of a thirteen year old. Those were adults and not naive teen girls which made the story less believe for me.

Solo
Addiction isn't believable?

WrathfulDwarf
Characters...talkin about characters in the film.

Solo
In that case, I can perfectly understand your reason of dislike.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.