Thanos Vs Superman Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Coz you know it had to happen.

I love both of these characters. They both kick insane amounts of ass and are both powerful beyond belief.

So who is it?

-AC

Never
Thanos has The Infinity Gauntlet, I assume? He's going to need it...

moshtitan
thanos.

VENOMfan
Superman Prime ,unless Thanos has the IG, or HOTU

moshtitan
thats what i was thinking

Jargon343
Whose Superman Prime?

VENOMfan
Uber Ultra bizilloin Superman....pretty much

Superman slept in the sun for thousand's of year's and then comes out all golden and shiny. God gives him the sword of truth and the last green lantern ring's and he precede's to tear shit up

moshtitan
superman after he was exiled to the sun for a long time. he comes back all extra powerfull.

Alpha Centauri
Must admit, I would have to go for Superman Prime over pretty much anyone.

BUT, Supposing Thanos had the Gauntlet. It would be closer to an even fight. I think Thanos with T.H.O.T.U would win. But assuming with The Gauntlet, who do you pick?

-AC

moshtitan
thanos. if he had the gauntlet he would own superman.

VENOMfan
but SP has the sword of truth*reshape's reality* and the last GL ring's I'd say Thanos still has his work cut out for him

Manowar
probably Superman Prime

moshtitan
when i saw thanos wipe out almost the entire marvel universe , i said this guys a badass and you dont **** with him, so im sayin thanos.

Never
Hmm, Thanos WITH The Infinity Gauntlet still is not a lock against Superman Prime, imo. But Superman Prime with the Sword of Truth?

AND the GL Ring? Do you guys on here know who Superman 1,000,000 is? Here is a brief description:

"Superman (name unrevealed): Scion of the Superman Dynasty, the Son of Tomorrow, invulnerable, unbeatable, a genius to the power of 10 Einstein units. His awesome abilities are bestowed only under the light of the System's Super-Sun. On 20th century Earth his power levels dropped fast. In addition to his ancestor's powers, he possesses super-ESP: telekinesis and force vision. Superman Prime, the original Superman, became immortal; he fathered the Superman Dynasty. In the 67th century his descendant married Queen Gzntplzk of the 5th Dimension. This gave his bloodline new Super ESP-based powers. In the year 70,001, he secluded himself inside a solar fortress, inside the sun. In the 322nd century, the house of Superman allied with the house of Luthor. 1ST APP: DC One Million #1"

Victor Von Doom
I'd go with Thanos, just because he is Thanos. It's by no means guaranteed though.

VENOMfan
I thought that was Superman Prime? or just another nickname for him?

Never
LoL - I was not referencing you when I asked if people know who he is; I was referencing those who are so quick to say Thanos.

Prime/1,000,000 = one and the same, yeah.

moshtitan
do you happen to have a pic. of him?

VENOMfan
Yeah make's sense, this is waaay to diffucult of a fight to judge.

Im not 100% sure but DC has bout 15 character's more powerfull than Superman prime? so he is waaaay up there.

anyhow I think SP ran amok and cuase a LOT of damage in hell and even tore open the gate to heaven correct? only the Archangel Micheal stopped him?

Thanos as powerfull as he is hasnt really ran into somebody like Superman Prime. that......Anantekanhaten? or whatever...was pretty much it for Thanos.

give him the HOTU and then I suppose he can win...but I wouldnt be suprised if existance was destroyed in the process

moshtitan
that be an awesome fight.

Never
Yes sir. Won't last long...

http://members.tripod.com/badger307/superman1milionpic.jpg

Damn, pretty good big grin He did wreak havoc in Heaven and Hell. And actually on that old list we had, he was about 83rd in terms of power. I'll dig it up in a few.

By the way, that shows how powerful the characters in DC are, not how WEAK he is...

moshtitan
im not seein it.

Never
Damn, that was QUICK!

Post this in your browser:

http://members.tripod.com/badger307/superman1milionpic.jpg

Hmm. That sucks. Try the website where it was hosted then...

http://members.tripod.com/badger307/superman1mil.htm

VENOMfan
Yeah, Im pretty sure a fight with these two at there most powerfull(Superman Prime and Thanos with THOTU) is immposible for me to judge.

Im pretty much undecided, I will have to do some Thanos Homework.....

Never
The list we compiled of DC's most powerful:

DC:

1. The Presence
2. The Source
3. Rama Kushna
4. H'ronmeer
5.Meshta
6.Gyges and Garamas (with God power)
7.Great Evil Beast (appeared in an issue in which the Infinity Avengers kinda ripped off if you read it carefully)
8.Spectre at his full potential (omnipotent is unbeatable rather you're omnipresent or omniscient)
9. Mawu (the religious God of Africa shown in Spectre #58 )
10.The Voice (An entity part of the Presence)
11.The Word
12. Wally the God Boy
13. Lucifer Morningstar
14. Archangel Michael
15. The Aleph
16.Decreator
17. The 5th Dimensional Imps (Mr. Mxyzptlk, Bane-Mite, and Thunderbolts)
18. Ultimator, and other races and beings include 4d to 10d
19. ID (A 6th dimensional being created by the Cathexis that could fullfill one's wish. Unlimited Powers)
20. Parallax
21. Ion
22. Uni-Friend
23. Anti-Life Entity
24. Eclipso
25. Mistos
26. Satan
27. Stigmonus Monsieur
28. Sinestro after death when he faced the Spectre
29.First of the Fallen
30. Azmodus
31. DC's Archangels- Gabriel (probably most powerful archangel next to Michael), Amenadiel, Sandalphon, Ramiel, Duma, ect.
32 DC's Angel Host- Bull Host, Eagle, Lion, and Human rather Zauriel and Asmodel at angelic form
33. Anti-Monitor and Monitor
34. Hyperman
35. The Endless
36. Entropy (Krona)
37. Kismet
38.Dominus
39. Oblivion
40. Chaos and Order (2 elemental force)
41. Lord of Chaos/Lord of Order
42.Black Racer
43. The Kindly Ones
44. Voiceless Gods
45. Mahu
46.Seviram
47. That giant monster Lucifer unleashed to stop Amenadiel's army, and anything Lucifer has faced
48. A
49. King of Tears
50. Hawkgod
51. Elder Gods
52.Dark Gods
53.Shattered Gods
54. Rao, and other gods of Krypton
55. Candlemaker
56.Dorothy Spinner (IMO, imp-like level in which she can create by thinking it)
57. Telephone Avatar
58. Shadowy Mr. Evans
59. Carnivore (Almost took over heaven)
60. Anti-Matter Man
61. Glorith and the original Time Trapper
62. Promethian Giants
63. Millennium Giants
64. Extant
65. Monarch
66. The Seven Deadly Enemy of Man
67. Cosmic Gamblers
68. S'ivaa the Destroyer
69. Brimstone
70. Pantheon gods- African like Shango the Thunderer, Oloron the First Born, Norse gods like Odin and Loki, Greek gods like Zeus and Hercules, Japanese gods like Susano-o-no-makota and Izanami, Egypton gods like Osirect and Ra, ect.
71. The Unimaginables
72. Ibac/Sabbac- the 2 Capt. Marvel villain which 1 was a clone and another had power like with black magic
73. Neron, the demon that demoted Neron from hell, Abaddon the Destroyer, Adramelech, Agony & Ectacy, One in Charge of Punishment of the Damned in Effrul, Keeper of the Oracle of Styx, and since I don't feel like listing everyone from hell, I'll just estimate: 300-400 leaders/higher rank in Hell
74. The 3 Demons- Rath, Ghast, and Abnegazar
75. The race who got rid of the demons- Timeless Ones
76. Lord Satanis
77. Lord Satanus
78. Second and Third of the Fallen (Brothers of First of the Fallen)
79. Mad God of 3600
80. The First Citadelian and his clone armies and the other Citadelians
81. Oblivion II- one that faced Wonder Woman
82. Auron
83. X'Hal
84. Superman Prime <----------------------------------
85. Everyone in the 853rd Century including Manhunter from Mars
86. Wonderworld race and heroes
87. Maggedon
88. Old Gods- Wotan, Lokee, Arzaz, Nameless One
89. Guardian of the Universe
90. Controllers
91. Zamarons
92. Progenitor- This guy created his own galaxy and a whole race
93. Fernus and the Burning Martians
94. Anti-Sun
95. Imperiex Prime and Imperiex probes
96. Yuga Khan
97. Nebula Man
98. Orion at his true form (the one that Astro once posted in Alvaro's)
99. Orion with the ALE
100. Darkseid one with the Source from NG v4
101. Izaya one with the Source in a New Gods v4 issue
102. Euricros
103. Clocxwerk
104. Hourman 3/Warlogog

moshtitan
thanx for the link Never.

VENOMfan
thats so crazy, DC has soooo many ultra powerfull character's

SnakeEyes
I know! Jeez

Never do u know if the comic or comics with Superman Prime are collected in a trade paperback?

Alpha Centauri
*Accepts applause for creating such a great thread*

Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

BUT Alpha Centauri has more to come....

-AC

moshtitan
*claps till hands bleed*

Alpha Centauri
Pain my friend, was not necessary. However, I shall hatch my best idea for the forum yet.......very soon.

-AC

Beyonder
Regarding your list Never, I think it's inaccurite. I might not know that much about DC, but I've got to protest this.

You've the Promethian Giants above Yuga Khan. Yet, isn't Yuga Khan a Promethian Giants himself. Kismet and Dominus are above Prime, and yet Thanos would have problems with Prime? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Eternity>=Kismet?

Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet beat:

Eternity
Death
Two Celestials - using planets as weapons against the titan
Lord Chaos & Master Order
The Stranger
Love & Hate
Galactus
In-Betweener

And KILLED half the universe with a THOUGHT.

Thanos with the Heart Of The Universe wouldn't even bother with Prime.

Alpha Centauri
Good point Beyonder.

-AC

Beyonder
Thanks Alpha Centauri.

VenomFan
anyhow I think SP ran amok and cuase a LOT of damage in hell and even tore open the gate to heaven correct? only the Archangel Micheal stopped him?

sad Sadly no: according to every thread I've seen involving S Prime. It's mostly rumors. He never did such a thing. Try asking for exact issue numbers and you'll get zippo from people - they might say they heard it from somewhere, however.

I've even read a thread about this - whether or not S Prime did ripped open the gates of heaven and fought Micheal to save Lois' soul - and the concensious was that it NEVER happened. Everyone remembered lots of this claim about Prime on different forums but never were issue numbers or scans given to back it up.

So in conclusion - IT NEVER HAPPENED! wink

Just thought I'd help clear it up for alot of people. However, breaking down heaven's gate and battling Micheal is an interest idea.

SUPERMANDAMAN
can anyone link a bio on superman prime

Alpha Centauri
"can anyone link a bio on superman prime"

Somehow your name seems a tad silly now. I knew about Superman and Superman Prime, how he came to be etc. I don't even claim to be a Superman fan.

Anyway, go to Google and search it. Should be on there somewhere.

-AC

RSSR
I was starting to wonder about this myself. If the Living Tribunal=Spectre, and Thanos with THOTU toppled LT, wouldn't that put Thanos at least equal with #6 on DC's all-time power list?

Alpha Centauri
That's the conclusion I came to.

-AC

LeAtHerRFace
This would be one hell of a fight. But Thanos with the gaunlet would almost be unstoppable

Alpha Centauri
Not really. Considering it's Superman Prime he's up against. Would be a slobberknocker to be sure though.

-AC

Never
Not sure what you are asking. Yes, Yuga is a Promethean Giant. A member of a race can be less powerful than the "average" member of said race.

"Eternity >= Kismet?" What is the sign is between the two...?

Sure, Thanos defeated them. You admitted your unfamiliarity with DC Comics in general - does that extend to Superman Prime? Superman Prime with the Sword of Truth rampaged through Heaven and Hell. Only Michael stopped him. Michael is ~the 14th most powerful being in DC. Superman Prime with the Sword of Truth would chew all on that list and poop them out without knowing he did.

Re: Thanos with THOTU, we are discussing Thanos with The Infinity Gauntlet.

FeceMan
THOTU = ???

I'm thinking "The Heart of the....?" And what are its powers?

Alpha Centauri
"I'm thinking "The Heart of the....?" And what are its powers?"

Basically the one with the possession of it can will the Universe to not exist.

-AC

FeceMan
So it stands for "The Heart of the Universe"?

(Just guessing, 'case you capitalizing "universe"wink

Beyonder
Never Not sure what you are asking. Yes, Yuga is a Promethean Giant. A member of a race can be less powerful than the "average" member of said race.

"Eternity >= Kismet?" What is the sign is between the two...?

Sure, Thanos defeated them. You admitted your unfamiliarity with DC Comics in general - does that extend to Superman Prime? Superman Prime with the Sword of Truth rampaged through Heaven and Hell. Only Michael stopped him. Michael is ~the 14th most powerful being in DC. Superman Prime with the Sword of Truth would chew all on that list and poop them out without knowing he did.

Re: Thanos with THOTU, we are discussing Thanos with The Infinity Gauntlet.

Regarding the battle itself, I do know that it's about Thanos w/ the Infinity Gauntlet and not the Heart. I was addressing both issues actually since some poster were considering how S Prime would do against the Heart, guess I should've stated that Thanos w/ the IG would beat S Prime. embarrasment

When did S Prime break into Heaven and Hell or even fought Micheal? Can you give some issue numbers so I can look that up? Or maybe provide some scans of this?

If he never did such a thing, Thanos with the Gauntlet would step all over Prime. Can Prime mind read 'cause Thanos with the Gauntlet can (mind gem), or warp reality like provided by the reality gem, or be in more than one part of space such as that power which the space gem offers, or slow down or stop time as the time gem is able to do, or is Prime resistant to soul drain which the soul gem provides, or is the S Prime's power greater than that which is the power gem? If he doesn't have powers or counter-defenses against such powers, what powers does Superman Prime have that could possibly give him a win?

Arachnoidfreak
Thanos without the Gauntlet can mindread/alter as well. Thanos #12.

Alpha Centauri
"If he never did such a thing, Thanos with the Gauntlet would step all over Prime. Can Prime mind read 'cause Thanos with the Gauntlet can (mind gem), or warp reality like provided by the reality gem, or be in more than one part of space such as that power which the space gem offers, or slow down or stop time as the time gem is able to do, or is Prime resistant to soul drain which the soul gem provides, or is the S Prime's power greater than that which is the power gem? If he doesn't have powers or counter-defenses against such powers, what powers does Superman Prime have that could possibly give him a win?"

Our survey says, ding ding ding, "He's gotcha by tha ballsh there mate."

Superman Prime Vs Thanos=Superman Prime wins.
Superman Prime Vs Thanos with Gauntlet= Could go either way I think.
Superman Prime Vs Thanos with T.H.O.T.U= Thanos wins.

In my honest opinion anyway.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
If you're giving Thanos the Gauntlet, you give Suoerpman Prime the Sword of truth, which DOES have reality and time warping powers.

Never
Apologies on the Thanos w/THOTU response - I thought you were addressing me.

I will certainly try to dig up the Superman Prime issue numbers.

Hmm, here is a synopsis (still digging for issue numbers though...and whoa now. Found them. muahahaha):

"The fear lasted until one day at the turn of the 700th century AD when a haggard and haunted figure descended out of the skies above the planet Earth. Superman Prime, Kal-El of Krypton, the original Superman had returned to his adopted home. He had been places and dimensions that few had even knew of and even fewer understood. >>>>>He had wrestled with gods and demons. He had overturned hell and fought his way past the gates of Heaven looking for the soul of beloved Lois who due to his immortality he could never join in the afterlife.<<<< A haunted figure as removed from humanity as he had ever been his presence still caused a revolution in human society. To many it was the second coming of a legend from the past creating a spiritual revival and even worship of him from some, but he was beyond such social convention at that time."

Issues?

DC ONE MILLION #1-4, DC ONE MILLION 80-PAGE GIANT & DC1M crossovers.

FIRST APPEARANCE: SUPERMAN PRIME: HISTORICAL: ACTION COMICS #1 (June, 1938); CURRENT: background) SUPERMAN THE MAN OF TOMORROW #1,000,000 (November 1998); (Golden Form) DC ONE MILLION #1 (November 1998)

SUPERMAN SECUNDUS: SUPERMAN MAN OF TOMORROW #1,000,000 (November 1997).

SUPERMAN M*: (cameo) JLA (third series) #15; (February 1998); (full) JLA (third series) #23 (October 1998)

Gotcha, Beyonder.

Can Superman Prime read minds? Yes, telepathy entered the Superman bloodline during...blah. Blah, I say. Cannot recall which century.

I see your comments regarding the IG - am very familiar with each gem and its powers. Superman Prime has the Sword of Truth and the Green Lantern ring. Are you familiar with either of them?

Have you read the JLA 1,000,000 crossover with Grant Morrison in which the Justice Legion A appears?

Never
Grrr.

http://members.fortunecity.com/mjstauffer/History/SupermanDynasty.htm

Never
Correct.

(sorry for the numberous quotes, too lazy to edit) sad

Jargon343
Can someone post a pic of Superman Prime?

Arachnoidfreak
check the beginning of the thread.

Beyonder
Never

"The fear lasted until one day at the turn of the 700th century AD when a haggard and haunted figure descended out of the skies above the planet Earth. Superman Prime, Kal-El of Krypton, the original Superman had returned to his adopted home. He had been places and dimensions that few had even knew of and even fewer understood. >>>>>He had wrestled with gods and demons. He had overturned hell and fought his way past the gates of Heaven looking for the soul of beloved Lois who due to his immortality he could never join in the afterlife.<<<< A haunted figure as removed from humanity as he had ever been his presence still caused a revolution in human society. To many it was the second coming of a legend from the past creating a spiritual revival and even worship of him from some, but he was beyond such social convention at that time."

Gotcha, Beyonder.

Can Superman Prime read minds? Yes, telepathy entered the Superman bloodline during...blah. Blah, I say. Cannot recall which century.

I see your comments regarding the IG - am very familiar with each gem and its powers. Superman Prime has the Sword of Truth and the Green Lantern ring. Are you familiar with either of them?

Have you read the JLA 1,000,000 crossover with Grant Morrison in which the Justice Legion A appears?

Admittedly you do have me. HOWEVER, and this is a big HOWEVER, you've only proven that he got past heaven's gate, not that he fought Micheal. If you have more on this, please provide it. Breaking through heaven's gate is impressive but it's not fighting Micheal. Furthermore, Thanos really can't break into any heaven since Marvel has no such place.

Prime wrestling with demons and gods still doesn't gauge his powers. Mephisto is a demon, while Death herself is one of three essentials of the universe and greater in power than all death gods (pluto, Hela, Mephisto, etc.). Beating demons doesn't help; it's too ambiguos. How powerful are these demons? Did Prime beat the Devil himself or something?

Prime beating gods is ambiguous as well. What kinds of gods are we talking about here? Darkseid, Thor, Odin, Zeus, Orion are all considered gods. Beings higher in power than these guys can also be regarded as gods in a sense. Beating gods doesn't guage his powers either - unless you can specify what gods they're stating. If it's THE GOD then we would have somehting.

Regarding the Sword of Truth, I don't know alot about it. But what has it actually done. As for the GL ring, is it a unique GL ring or just a GL ring.

Prime is impressive from what your stating, but has he been SEEN - not just stated - fighting thus demonstrating his might. All this about Prime being powerful, yet we still can't guage his level.

Thanos with the Gauntlet easily took the combined attack of Death, Galactus, two Celestials, Chaos & Order, Hate & Love, the Stranger, Mephisto, and a few other cosmic being, then took froze them all with a mere gesture. Eternity gave his best and the Titan beat him as well. The only being greater then him was LT.

I don't doubt Prime's uber power. Yet I do have to disagree as we still can't even guage his level. What other impressive feats have he done?

Jargon343
Ya know what I'd like to see. Superman Prime vs...Doomsday Prime

IE a Doomsday that's been dying and evolving over and over until 853ad.

moshtitan
he still wouldnt have a chance against SP. i read the other day one of his powers is hes unbeatable. how cheaps that?!

Alpha Centauri
Well we all know Superman is cheaper than a....erm....something cheap. But the fact that Superman Prime ALMOST has reason for being unbeatable is sorta ok.

He has weaknesses in that he shares his powers with his descendants.

-AC

Beyonder
moshtitan
he still wouldnt have a chance against SP. i read the other day one of his powers is hes unbeatable. how cheaps that?!

I wouldn't worry about that too much moshtitan. Juggernauts power is unstoppability, yet he still has been stopped. Unstoppability isn't actually unstoppability if anyone like Galactus or Tyrant went after him.

Everyone claims this and that, but until they prove it - don't take their words too seriously. Prime is as unbeatable as Kain is unstoppable. wink

VENOMfan
I got a few of these.

the sword of truth is basicly for altering reality, he can change whatever into what he see's fit.

the GL ring's are just that, GL rings. he has all of them. tho I didnt even know there was more than one. but how ever many there are,

he has them

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
and Juggernuat is as unstoppable as he can be....not sure how too word that one.

there is no force on earth that can stop him. obviously thing's not from earth will put him on his ass. but as far as what we have there is nobody strong enuf to completley stop him.

Hulk can grow much much stronger than Juggernaut, but he will only slow him down. then once he stop's to trade blows with Hulk he realize's this was a bad idea. shoulda kept going.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Beyonder
VenomFan

I got a few of these.

the sword of truth is basicly for altering reality, he can change whatever into what he see's fit.

the GL ring's are just that, GL rings. he has all of them. tho I didnt even know there was more than one. but how ever many there are, but he has them

Thanks, I thought he had only one GL ring.

Another thing is, Thanos can erase Prime out of existance can't he; half the universe was taken out this way. With simple thoughts he captured the cosmic bridgade that wanted him to hand over the Infinity Gems and captured Eternity as well. I doubt Prime would do well against the Celestials and Death or, Eternity himself - he'd have to work for it. Thanos, however, stood around smurking and infuriating everyone - then casually beat them.

Warlock with the Gauntlet put a hurting on Eternity with one blast after Eternity pissed him off as LT was ruling on the gems fate. Prime would need more than one blow to hurt someone like Eternity.

Alpha Centauri
As Victor quite rightly pointed out during a comic discussion, there is no "normal" Thanos.

He could find something, be it the Gauntlet or Heart, to take out Superman Prime. I think.

Would be an awesome fight though.

-AC

manjaro
I always enjoy a good argument about thanos's prowess but I think this is a hard one. Why because this battle wouldnt be one of who is stronger its going to be a battle of wills. especially since the Sword of Truth, IG,THOTU the GL ring are fueled by will power. so what it will boil down to is whatever case you can make for one you can easily make for the other, so I'll be different and call it a stalemate

Alpha Centauri
Indeed. I don't see any of em quitting though.

-AC

VENOMfan
I dont know, reality warping power's are so difficult to gauge. both can warp reality, but if one can warp reality better than the other would be anybody's guess

Beyonder
manjaro
I always enjoy a good argument about thanos's prowess but I think this is a hard one. Why because this battle wouldnt be one of who is stronger its going to be a battle of wills. especially since the Sword of Truth, IG,THOTU the GL ring are fueled by will power. so what it will boil down to is whatever case you can make for one you can easily make for the other, so I'll be different and call it a stalemate

Actually no. If Thanos or anyone had the Heart of the Universe, a simple thought would turn Prime back to regular Superman. The Heart put Thanos at TOAA level.

VENOMFan
I dont know, reality warping power's are so difficult to gauge. both can warp reality, but if one can warp reality better than the other would be anybody's guess

The mind gem gives Thanos the power to read minds. I think he can read Prime's mind. And we're talking about the gems being used in unison, that basically means the mind gems power is busted by that of the Power Gems. His Space gem allows him to be anywhere in space if he chooses, I don't think Prime's gone be able to fight someone who can be anywhere in space with a thought.

manjaro
but isnt S Prime empowered by the presence or something?(not sure) which pretty much makes him, it, she, they, her, we, us on the DC counter part to TOAA. so how could a being of such immese power's machinatins be undone?

Beyonder
manjaro

but isnt S Prime empowered by the presence or something?(not sure) which pretty much makes him, it, she, they, her, we, us on the DC counter part to TOAA. so how could a being of such immese power's machinatins be undone?

Not to my knowledge. He stayed in the Super Sun for a long time and absorbed its powers. After he came out, he was Superman Prime. Thanos with the Heart was above Living Tribunal, where as Prime is in my opinion lower then Eternity and Death. He might be above the Celestials, yet we don't even know that.

Prime hasn't fought any one that can be used to gauge his level. Again, Odin and Mephisto are consider god and demon, beating them doesn't help. The Celestials gave Odin and asgard a hard time; they were like pest to the Celestials.

VENOMfan
Superman Prime sort of was powered by God. or DC's version of the TOAA

DC's God is the one who gave him the Sword of truth.

Thanos with the gauntlet vs Superman Prime is too close too call IMO

Thanos with the heart would win

Arachnoidfreak
Superman Prime IS Superman. There is no "turning back". Superman, by exiling himself in the sun(the source of his power), became immortal, and gained many new powers. Superman Prime also has telepathic powers. Superman can also warp reality, time, and space. That means, warping time and space, he can teleport like Thanos can. a good example of this is Pip and the space gem, he teleports.

Never already posted a bio, and a link. Just read it.

Arachnoidfreak
Actually, Superman Prime does only have ONE Green Lantern ring, but it is the LAST one, meaning all of the power from the main power source goes to that one.

manjaro
then in that case, The Sword of Truth is merely an added bonus. then that means that its really a stalemate cuz thanos wouldnt be able to undo what is naturally inherent to superman

Arachnoidfreak
No, the Sword of Truth lets him do all that reality/time/space warping.

Alpha Centauri
Prime with S.O.T and Thanos with I.G, very good fight.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
True dat, someone call Marvel and DC, these guys need their own 6 issue series.

Alpha Centauri
Meanwhile....A thread idea hits Alpha Centauri....

-AC

Beyonder
Arachnoidfreak

Superman Prime IS Superman. There is no "turning back". Superman, by exiling himself in the sun(the source of his power), became immortal, and gained many new powers. Superman Prime also has telepathic powers. Superman can also warp reality, time, and space. That means, warping time and space, he can teleport like Thanos can. a good example of this is Pip and the space gem, he teleports.

Of course Superman is Superman, you know what I meant. Thanos with the Heart would turn Superman Prime back to twentieth century Superman (regular Supes). Prime is basically a living battery of solar power, he still can be drainned. Unless you're saying that the Super Sun's energy is greater than TOAA's power or Living Tribunals.

Not just teleport, regular joe Thanos can teleport as well. Thanos with the Gauntlet can become part of space. How's Prime going to fight someone who's part of space and is attacking him with mere thoughts. Thanos need only to think and his wishes come true; that's how most of his fight went.

Even with a small portion of the Gauntlet's power, he wasted the heroes, turning people into stone and such. And that bio about Prime pointed out that Krytonite/Knight Fragment was the weapon intended by Solaris to kill Superman Prime, only he didn't succeed in attain it. After a hard battle, Thanos would only need to access Prime's mind using the Mind gems power to attain the weakness to the "K" stuff. A simple thought and Thanos has a nice chunk of krytonite in his hand. Good bye Superman Prime. wink And don't say he can't. He turned people into stone and such, Krytonite is just another mineral - nothing special.

As for the telepathic powers, the Mind gem is busted by the Power gem. Jean has telepathy as well, but it doesn't mean that she's Xavier's level, having telepathic powers doesn't put Prime above a weapon (mind gem) whose sole purpose has to do with the mind itself, who is working in unison with a weapon (power gem) that's meant to busted any power to near infinite levels if the user is knowledgable. Thanos' was - only because he had access to all the gems which worked together to give the wielder near limitless power and universal status. Only LT proved the greater in terms of power.

And Prime's enemy was Solaris, Thanos' fight was with Eternity, Death, Celestials, etc.

Arachnoidfreak
I know full well of what Thanos has done, and is capable of, he is among my favorite characters, ever. That doesn't mean he is going to have an easy time with Superman Prime. Who knows if Kryptonite still affects him anyhow? Solaris didn't have a clue. He just knew that Kryptonite WAS Superman's weakness. He could have been in for a surprise.

I know, this was Elseworlds, but it's possible. In Kingdom Come, someone asks Luthor "Can't we just drop a K-Bomb on Big Blue's spit-curl?" Luthor responds "Sadly, Mr. Queen, Kryptonite no longer packs the punch it did in the good old days...as I learned the hard way. Chlak it up to the solar radiation Superman's cells have been guzzling all these years. He's at the height of his invulnerability"

The fact that it's an Elseworlds title has nothing to do with anything. The possibility's still there.

Beyonder
Arachnoidfreak

I know full well of what Thanos has done, and is capable of, he is among my favorite characters, ever. That doesn't mean he is going to have an easy time with Superman Prime. Who knows if Kryptonite still affects him anyhow? Solaris didn't have a clue. He just knew that Kryptonite WAS Superman's weakness. He could have been in for a surprise.

I know, this was Elseworlds, but it's possible. In Kingdom Come, someone asks Luthor "Can't we just drop a K-Bomb on Big Blue's spit-curl?" Luthor responds "Sadly, Mr. Queen, Kryptonite no longer packs the punch it did in the good old days...as I learned the hard way. Chlak it up to the solar radiation Superman's cells have been guzzling all these years. He's at the height of his invulnerability"

The fact that it's an Elseworlds title has nothing to do with anything. The possibility's still there.

True but consider who is smarter Lex or Solaris. If Lex came to a conclusion as such, Solaris isn't going to? If Solaris felt that Kryptonite would kill Prime, it mostlikely would - unless Solaris is that stupid which I doubt.

Knowing it is one thing but acknowledging is another. Thanos with simple thoughts took out cosmic beings. And in that bio, it stated that the GL ring was Solaris' weakness and he'd never encounter it. Ironically, Prime beat him with a GL ring, as oppose to Solaris beating Prime with Kryptonite. Can Prime even do what Thanos did to the cosmic beings?

Beyonder
Here's to remain everything of what the Titan did with the Gauntlet:

A doom birthed and nurtured within the mad ambitions of a black soul . Thanos defends his divinity . Let the heavens tremble . The two Celestials draft helpless planets into the conflict , using them as weapons of war . The fact that some of these worlds are inhabited by sentient life cannot be considered in this galaxy spanning contest . With the speed of thought their menacing potential is neutralized by power without limit . But a second later it becomes apparent that their sacrifice was but a ploy , a diversionary tactic . For the true thrust of the assult comes from Chronos , who seeks to bury the Tian deep within the layers of time long forgotten . A futile hope . For one of the Infinity Gems on Thanos's gauntlet gives him mastery over that which seeks to over-whelm him . It be like striving to drown an ocean . Yet defeat is answered with renewed vigor : a two-front assault by Lord Chaos and Master Order . They hope to dichotomize the Titan . A divided enemy is an easier foe to deal with . But Thanos refuses to surrender his individuality . And the battle continues to rage without pause . Forces combined to add up to more than the sum of their total . The temporal is abandoned for pure force of energy . And the sheer intensity of Galactus , the Stranger and Eon's blitzcrieg catches the mad titan off balance . Yet it is but a minor setback for Thanos , one that can be overcome with a mere wish . Mistress Love and Master Hate attempt to manipulate Thanos's emotions . The conflicting emotions are tearing the Ma Titan apart . Thanos stops them his way . But also beware decievers , Titan . Thanos is surrounded by hell's fire . Mephisto is trying for the gauntlet . A utter folly for Thanos is going to kill Mephisto for his lack of loyalty , but is stopped by Mistress Death . Thanos is hurt deeply by Mistress Death's hate for him . All the Cosmic Entities attack Thanos as one . The Mad God is vaporized into mere atoms , but only for a moment . Because with a mere though Thanos traps the entities in suspended animation . 'Tis truly the best way ! Divinity calls for clear thinking , unburdened with chaotic emotion . Let Thanos be rid of all illusions . Fot he is Thanos , and Thanos is Supreme . Who is there to argue with that sentiment ? Now that his foot soldiers have fallen proud Eternity at last deigns to show himself . To reclaim that which Eternity believes to be his and himself . Control of this reality . The battle lasts a mere second . Thanos retains his godhood. yes

http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/reviews/ig05.html

Alpha Centauri
Get emailing Marvel/DC about getting off their asses and bringing out a new cross-over.

Thanos Vs Superman Prime.

As suggested in thread, who knows. A small chance could be come a possibility which could become more. Might aswell try. If discussion is anything to go by it'd be a ripping good yarn.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Lex came to that conclusion by "finding out the hard way" meaning he tried using it on Supes, and it didn't work. Solaris never had the chance to do the same. The green thing he found that he thought was Kryptonite was actually the last GL ring, so he led to his own undoing. Superman wouldn't just hand Thanos a slab of Kryptonite.

Well, it's not like there's not alot of info on Prime out there anyway. the DC One Million titles only lasted for a short period. It's not as if it was an ongoing title. Thanos is everywhere, Superman Prime is in what...10 comics? You are probably never going to get the answers you seek, because Superman Prime's character was never developed so well.

Beyonder
Arachnoidfreak

Lex came to that conclusion by "finding out the hard way" meaning he tried using it on Supes, and it didn't work. Solaris never had the chance to do the same. The green thing he found that he thought was Kryptonite was actually the last GL ring, so he led to his own undoing. Superman wouldn't just hand Thanos a slab of Kryptonite.

Well, it's not like there's not alot of info on Prime out there anyway. the DC One Million titles only lasted for a short period. It's not as if it was an ongoing title. Thanos is everywhere, Superman Prime is in what...10 comics? You are probably never going to get the answers you seek, because Superman Prime's character was never developed so well.

Ah, missed that part about "the hard way." And no, Thanos doesn't need Prime to hand him Kryptonite since he can just wish it into being. Kryptonite isn't anything special - just another mineral. Thanos turned Thor into stone with a thought and created an entire citadel in empty space - Kryptonite is but within a mere thought.

It's true Prime doesn't have that much showing; however, that's exactly my point. He did a few things and was stated to be this and that. But Thanos actually did things with the Gauntlet that could be gauged. The Infinity Gauntlet series was only about 6 comics as well. There isn't anything to say that Prime would win against Death or Eternity - Prime's greatest enemy was Solaris who I doubt would be on the level as Death or even Eternity.

And if a character doesn't have many showings, should we give him victory or a chance? Thanos actually beat people and can be put above Eternity in status.

Simple question here is can Prime be put above Eternity? Can Prime beat Eternity or Death or Kronos with a mere thought? If not, I think he's not going to give Thanos trouble.

Arachnoidfreak
Well, using your same logic, I can say that there isn't any proof showing that Prime ISN'T that powerful, and that he COULD give Thanos more than a good run for his money.

Jargon343
That's what makes it a good match.

Arachnoidfreak
Exactly.

Beyonder
Arachnoidfreak

Well, using your same logic, I can say that there isn't any proof showing that Prime ISN'T that powerful, and that he COULD give Thanos more than a good run for his money.

You can say that, no doubt. But Thanos beat people with mere thoughts. Prime used to GL ring to fight Solaris (and it stated in that bio that Solaris was vulnerable to the rings power). Prime didn't will people in catatonic states or erase them out of existence; he had to put effort which is different from mere thoughts. That there should give a clue as to who's more powerful.

Arachnoidfreak
Are you still talking about Thanos with the Heart, or just the Gauntlet? Because with the Gauntlet, their powers are almost exactly the same.(on paper at least)

Ever think that DC didn't WANT Prime to extinguish Solaris with a thought? Extending a battle is much more interesting thanmaking all your enemies disappear with a thought. He may very well have the power, and decided not to use it.

Beyonder
Arachnoidfreak

Are you still talking about Thanos with the Heart, or just the Gauntlet? Because with the Gauntlet, their powers are almost exactly the same.

Ever think that DC didn't WANT Prime to extinguish Solaris with a thought? Extending a battle is much more interesting thanmaking all your enemies disappear with a thought. He may very well have the power, and decided not to use it.

Are you still talking about Thanos with the Heart, or just the Gauntlet? Because with the Gauntlet, their powers are almost exactly the same.

Nope, not the Heart just the Gauntlet.

Going by your logic that DC wanted to extend the fight, if so then wouldn't it also be true that Kryptonite would have killed Prime if Solaris did attain it since it's DC writters who brought Prime to life and DC 1 million stories to life? Everything the do and say - their very thought and action is dictated by writters.

And how are they powers the same. Both do have similar power but it doesn't mean that one is equal to another. If Prime had the power to take Solaris out, why even use the GL ring? Did the writters tell him that they wanted to extend the fight longer instead of with a mere thought? If they did, then S Prime is a sell out for extending the fight just because of money. And this is inconsistent of Superman who's always for justice and morality - he wouldn't extend a fight that could potentially harm innocent lives just to make money.

Arachnoidfreak
Yes, but that's not the way it went. Solaris THOUGHT he found Kryptonite, but it was the GL ring. No, it wouldn't be true that Kryptonite would still kill Superman, the writers may not have saw fit to end it that way(and they didn't).

DC extended the fight. What money?? Superman Prime himself doesn't make a dime. You are starting not to make any sense.

Beyonder
Arachnoidfreak

Yes, but that's not the way it went. Solaris THOUGHT he found Kryptonite, but it was the GL ring. No, it wouldn't be true that Kryptonite would still kill Superman, the writers may not have saw fit to end it that way(and they didn't).

Everything the characters say and do is based on what writters decide. Going by your logic earlier that maybe DC wanted extend the battle to make it more interesting, wasn't it THEIR decision. Solaris didn't find Kryptonite because the writters of DC wanted a twist in it: Kryptonite & GL rings are green, the twist would be instead of Solaris finding Kryptonite he found a GL ring and unknowingly used it (thinking it was "K"wink to kill Superman, yet suprisingly it wasn't what he thought it was; it was actually a weapon he, Solaris, was weak against and used against. This isn't an original idea and you know it, but still interesting

Secondly, if were going by your logic about DC's decision and such, from that perspective we can also infer that Prime is weak against Kryptonite. Solaris beliefs and actions are that of writters. He was seeking Kryptonite to kill Prime because it can - because writters put down his thoughts and actions and everyone else including Prime's.

*From comicverse perspective - let's leave out companies & writters for a bit*
If Prime resistant against Kryptonite now, why interfere with Starman's time mission? Let Solaris get a hold of Kryptonite and "find out the hard way" that it does't work on Prime - Solaris then gets a cosmic ass kicking by Prime he'll never forget.

And if Prime is ultra powerful, why even need the GL ring at all to defeat Solaris?

DC extended the fight. What money?? Superman Prime himself doesn't make a dime. You are starting not to make any sense.

Sorry if I confused you. Earlier you stated DC wanted to make the fight more interesting than just wiping Solaris out with a mere thought, I assumed that by "making it more interesting" means the book would sell better if the fight was extended.

The part about the writters telling (you know, talking directly to the character bit) Prime to extend the fight so they making more money is just sacasim.

Anyhow, I read that site like you asked. I later looked through the Infinity Gauntlet books and found stuff I hadn't even remembered. If you still have them, take a look at #5 & 6. There's alot of things that would put an infinity gauntlet wielder above Prime any day - browse through it.

Adam Warlok and The Infinity Watch #1 demonstrates more of the Gauntlet's powers. Looked through it and found some impressive feats: Warlock snapped his fingers after the trial was over and Eternity was gone (Eternity has teleportation as well but he didn't come back), Warlock then jumped 60 days into the future, with a thought, to visit Thanos.

Arachnoidfreak
Yea, that's what happened...so? Your point is?

You cannot infer that Superman would still be weak against Kryptonite. Solaris' beliefs would be that of the writer's choice, not necessarily what the writer believes. i.e. i don't believe there's a god, but I can still write a story containing him.

Sadly, I never completed the Infinity Gauntlet series, I only have 1-3, and I don't even remember where they are. I'll have to go digging through my crates again. Though I do have that issue of Warlock and the Infinity Watch.

Beyonder
Arachnoidfreak

Sadly, I never completed the Infinity Gauntlet series, I only have 1-3, and I don't even remember where they are. I'll have to go digging through my crates again. Though I do have that issue of Warlock and the Infinity Watch.

I'm not even going to bother refuting your statements writters - I'm confused myself about the analogue with believing god.

Anyhow, like you, I too don't have all the issues of the IG, missing 3 & 4. Maybe there's some way I can give you copies of 5 & 6 but just not sure how. I thought about scans but that might take for ever. In both five and six, there's a lot of fighting and feats of the Gauntlet's powers.

As for Adam Warlock and the Infinity Watch #1, the shows some of the Gauntlet's powers but #5 and 6 of the IG saga has more.

Alpha Centauri
The only part of I.G I'm missing is 6.

I have the "What if The Silver Surfer possessed the Infinity Gauntlet?" though. Which kicks major ass. To see Thanos and Adam Warlock get it handed to them.

-AC

Beyonder
Alpha Centauri

The only part of I.G I'm missing is 6.

I have the "What if The Silver Surfer possessed the Infinity Gauntlet?" though. Which kicks major ass. To see Thanos and Adam Warlock get it handed to them.

Don't have that one but I do have the "What If Impossible got the Infinity Gauntlet." Some funny stuff after he got it...Thanos wasn't happy for one.

SnakeEyes
I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH THANOS AT ALL!!!!!!

I AM FUMING WITH ANGER!

I ALSO HAVE NOTHING WITH THE SILVER SURFER!!!

ragesRemorse
There is no question that Prime would destroy Thanos with very little attempt. However if Thanos did indeed have the Infinity gauntlet, there is pretty much no possible way that Prime alon could take down Thanos. I mean thanos took on Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, the Hulk, the Silver Surfer, Doctor Strange, Wolverine and more, single handedly while weilding the Gauntlet. Who ever posesses the Gauntlet has the absolute control of all aspects of time, space, power, reality, the mind and the soul and not to mention supreme power.

Never
Essentially this is your argument. You question his abilities because you have not read anything on him. This happens so often here - people choose an outcome based on their decent knowledge of ONE particular character.

You have the issue numbers. You have a synopsis. *snicker* @ "what ***other*** impressive feats has he done." You trivialize his fighting PAST the gates (and erm who do you think stopped him if he fought PAST the gates INTO heaven?) sans any knowledge of what the angels of the DC universe are capable of. Good God, did you read Morrison's run on JLA? The story arc entitled - ah shit, I forget. One sec...okay, "Heaven On Earth." JLA #7. READ it.

Here is a profile of ONE Angel, Asmodel.

"A former angel of the Bull-Host of Heaven, who fell to damnation after a rebellion and an encounter with Zauriel and the JLA. He used the Spectre-force to take over Hell and attempted to cleanse the Earth of sinners, but was defeated by the Spectre and Earth's super-heroes. He is currently imprisoned in Heaven, since Hell was not able to hold him. He still refuses to consider himself fallen."

The Spectre Force. Familiar with the Spectre Force? He fought MANY of these types and triumphed.

Arachnoidfreak is correct here. Superman Prime WITH the Sword of Truth AND the GL Ring.

Thanos has NO chance with The Infinity Gauntlet. PERIOD. Hello, the Green Lantern ring? That which is capable of doing WHATEVER it's wearer is capable of imagining - and its power is contingent on the user's will? SUPERMAN was able to shake off Mageddon with the assistance of Batman. This is Superman PRIME.

The Sword of Truth warps reality. Time. Space. Heh, I LOVE Marvel characters. I do not LIKE DC characters (only Batman really).

Thanos loses.

Alpha Centauri
"Don't have that one but I do have the "What If Impossible got the Infinity Gauntlet." Some funny stuff after he got it...Thanos wasn't happy for one."

It's a fairly short issue but it's great. I'll scan some pics today.

I only need one more Surfer "What if....?". The "What if Surfer had not betrayed Galactus?". Coz my goal is to own all the comics Surfer has appeared. Although I have tons, I'm a fair bit away.

On topic however, it's definately a closely debated thread if not a close fight. I'm pleased that such a topic could be created from mine brain.

Doesn't Superman Prime have Omega beams? I'm pretty sure I remember him having them. Omega something anyway.

-AC

Never
No.

Alpha Centauri
Must have confused them with something else. GL's rings maybe.

-AC

manjaro
I tend to agree with the general concensus. Thanos with IG, prime wins, Thanos with THOTU even match

Linkalicious
i have a question...

When and where does Thanos get the heart of the universe? Which comic series...and what numbers? This is the part of Thanos that interests me the most....and i don't know shit about it.

Last time i checked....with the IG he was pretty damn unbeatable.

manjaro
one thing I always wanted to know is was the cosmic cube that he got a hold of first the thing we now refer to as THOTU?

Linkalicious
that's another thing i was wondering....

didn't he get the cosmic cube BEFORE he obtained the Infinity Guantlet?

manjaro
yes he did but, is the cosmic cube different from the THOTU

manjaro
never mind dont answer that

Beyonder
Never

Essentially this is your argument. You question his abilities because you have not read anything on him. This happens so often here - people choose an outcome based on their decent knowledge of ONE particular character.

What are you talking about? I've read thread after thread on this, no one put Prime above Thanos with the Gauntlet. And not everyone have read ever comic, it doesn't mean they shouldn't get to debate based on the infos they gathered from bios and reading post.

You have the issue numbers. You have a synopsis. *snicker* @ "what ***other*** impressive feats has he done." You trivialize his fighting PAST the gates (and erm who do you think stopped him if he fought PAST the gates INTO heaven?) sans any knowledge of what the angels of the DC universe are capable of. Good God, did you read Morrison's run on JLA? The story arc entitled - ah shit, I forget. One sec...okay, "Heaven On Earth." JLA #7. READ it.

Here is a profile of ONE Angel, Asmodel.

"A former angel of the Bull-Host of Heaven, who fell to damnation after a rebellion and an encounter with Zauriel and the JLA. He used the Spectre-force to take over Hell and attempted to cleanse the Earth of sinners, but was defeated by the Spectre and Earth's super-heroes. He is currently imprisoned in Heaven, since Hell was not able to hold him. He still refuses to consider himself fallen."

The Spectre Force. Familiar with the Spectre Force? He fought MANY of these types and triumphed.

What's your point? Marvel doesn't have a Heaven or Hell, how was Thanos going to break or rule anything if it doesn't exist? Marvel's Death realm or Mephisto's realm could be considered the equivalent and Thanos with the Gauntlet beat them both.

You stated that Micheal beat him, but never even proved it. Micheal and Lucifer were the first of GOD's creation - these are top angels. Beating regular angels means nothing compared to beating Micheal or Lucifer.

All you proved so far is that he wrestled with *gods and demons* not even angels according to the statement you posted.

You want gods well here's a list: Darkseid, Thor, Odin, Orion, Kalibak, Loki. You want higher gods or god-like: Galactus, Chronos, Eternity, Death, Yuga Khan, Imperiex.

Demon's you say? Mephisto, Set, Cthon, Shuma Gorath, Dormammu, etc.

Arachnoidfreak is correct here. Superman Prime WITH the Sword of Truth AND the GL Ring.

Thanos has NO chance with The Infinity Gauntlet. PERIOD. Hello, the Green Lantern ring? That which is capable of doing WHATEVER it's wearer is capable of imagining - and its power is contingent on the user's will? SUPERMAN was able to shake off Mageddon with the assistance of Batman. This is Superman PRIME.

The Sword of Truth warps reality. Time. Space. Heh, I LOVE Marvel characters. I do not LIKE DC characters (only Batman really).

Thanos loses.

So the Sword of Truth warps reality, time, space. Chronos used time as a weapon against the Titan as well, but Thanos beat him as well because the Time Gem allowed him FULL mastery over this power. Lord Chaos and Master Order used reality against him and lost as well because of mastery over reality. Eternity was the embodiment of space, time, reality, and more but he too lost.

What about the Soul gem, Power gem, or Mind gem which gives Thanos mastery (not just these powers) over this powers as well.

As for the GL ring, so WHAT? You're comparing one GL ring against the Infinity Gautlet's power?

Linkalicious
i like the argument he's putting up here especially with that last paragraph.

good debate you two. I'd like to see this one played out to the finish...

Never
You choose Thanos yet have little to zero knowledge of Superman Prime's ability. That's like betting on Seabiscuit because you are familiar with him yet asking..."who the hell is Man O' War anyway?"

What the fack? Did you read my post? You trivialized Prime's battling the angels sans ANY knowledge whatsoever about said angel's abilities (same way you trivialized Prime's abilities yet you know little about him). LMAO @ "beating regular angels means NOTHING" when Asmodel, ONE angel, took over hell via the Spectre Force. And of course you are not familiar with the "Spectre Force is." Would make sense to research something prior to dismissing it as inferior, yes? Unlike you, I am familiar with BOTH characters.

LoL, I never "proved it" Michael beat Superman 1M because I do not have the EXACT issue number. I gave YOU the issue numbers to do the research.

Er. Thor and Odin do not belong in the same sentence with Darkseid. Demons? Mephisto? Haaaaaaaa how about The Great Evil Beast in the DCU? Right, not familiar with him. But anyway...

LoL. Rather, rinse, repeat. Just LMAO @ "so what." I challenge you to READ JLA 1,000,000. I GUARANTEE you will not return with that same attitude.

How is it that this guy does not see that The Sword of Truth (that which alters REALITY. You know, reshapes reality to the users very WHIM?) and the GL Ring (which is capable of doing WHATEVER the user can IMAGINE) at the VERY least matches the IG in power is BEYOND me. Mano y mano Superman Prime with NO weapons stomps Thanos with no weapons.

Give him his IG. Give Superman Prime his regular weapons.

Thanos gets STOMPED.

FeceMan
Perhaps it is just me, but why would anyone make a character so invincible? I thought the original Superman was bad, but Superman Prime? Is there any point to having a villain?

Arachnoidfreak
Superman isn't invincible. I hate that craptacular argument that Superman-haters put up. Superman has gotten his ass handed to him plenty of times, with and without Kryptonite present. Superman watches over the entire WORLD by himself(when he isn't with the JLA). Batman, Wonder Woman, even Martian Manhunter cannot say the same(though MM is fully capable). Superman deserves his powers.

Beyonder
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid128/p42d3cc8487f1402871239c4dbccecdf1/f7d641a2.jpg.orig

Need some help on posting scans. Anyone? sad

Never
He is not invincible. In terms of power he grades out at 84th in the entire DC Universe. He's...powerful, but DC has tons MORE powerful individuals.

LoL, he's only "faster than a speeding tachyon, more powerful than the gravitational pull of a collapsing star, able to leap from world to world in a single bound" (page 21, DC 1,000,000. are we comprehending this? more powerful than the gravitational pull of a black hole. chew on that). He has enough wind in his lungs to extinguish a RED GIANT sun (page 11, DC 1,000,000 #2). He jumped form earth to the moon in JLA 1,000,000. He has "Super Telekinesis." He is able to calculate several BILLION possible outcomes simulatneously (page 5, DC 1,000,000 #2). Heat vision is capable of producing temperatures exceeding fifteen MILLION kelvin units (page 4, DC 1,000,000 #3). He used raindrops to hypnotize an unruly crowd on page 22. Ten completely new senses entered the Superman bloodline when the Superman of the 67th century (that's what I was referencing earlier) married Gzntplzk, the Queen of the 5th dimension (page 22, DC 1,000,000). We are familiar with 5th dimensional beings, yes? They are able to control every phase of everything in dimensions "lower" than them - 4th dimension (time), 3rd dimension (space), 2nd dimension (planes), 1st dimension (points).

He punched through the time barrier from the 21st century to the 853rd century (page 21, DC 1,000,000 #3). Hello...? Through 832 centuries.

By the way, he does this without the Sword of Truth and Green Lantern Ring. Just regular Superman Prime.

I would have more descriptions/feats but I seem to have misplaced my DC 1,000,000 #4. I will also skip down to the comic shop this weekend and repurchase the issues that I listed for the hell of it.

Beyonder
Never

He is not invincible. In terms of power he grades out at 84th in the entire DC Universe. He's...powerful, but DC has tons MORE powerful individuals.

LoL, he's only "faster than a speeding tachyon, more powerful than the gravitational pull of a collapsing star, able to leap from world to world in a single bound" (page 21, DC 1,000,000). He has enough wind in his lungs to extinguish a RED GIANT sun (page 11, DC 1,000,000 #2). He jumped form earth to the moon in JLA 1,000,000. He has "Super Telekinesis." He is able to calculate several BILLION possible outcomes simulatneously (page 5, DC 1,000,000 #2). Heat vision is capable of producing temperatures exceeding fifteen MILLION kelvin units (page 4, DC 1,000,000 #3). He used raindrops to hypnotize an unruly crowd on page 22. Ten completely new senses entered the Superman bloodline when the Superman of the 67th century (that's what I was referencing earlier) married Gzntplzk, the Queen of the 5th dimension (page 22, DC 1,000,000). We are familiar with 5th dimensional beings, yes? They are able to control every phase of everything in dimensions "lower" than them - 4th dimension (time), 3rd dimension (space), 2nd dimension (flat planes), 1st dimension (points).

He punched through the time barrier from the 21st century to the 853rd century (page 21, DC 1,000,000 #3). Hello...? Through 832 centuries.

By the way, he does this without the Sword of Truth and Green Lantern Ring. Just regular Superman Prime.

I would have more descriptions/feats but I seem to have misplaced my DC 1,000,000 #4. I will also skip down to the comic shop this weekend and repurchase the issues that I listed for the hell of it.

Now I'm confused. Wasn't it Superman 1 million who broke through time? Or are you saying Prime and 1 million are the same guy?

Never
Superman Prime and Superman 1M are one and the same. If I am not mistaken, the "1M" simply comes from the name of the crossover that Grant Morrison wrote. They are all members of Justice Legion "A" - Flash 1M, Aquaman 1M (complete control over water down to the molecular level. was going to superheat the water in Zauriel's blood to knock him unconscious), Wonder Woman 1M (her bracelets Harmony and Chastity are sentient. Wonder Woman herself is composed of living marble), Batman 1M (hahahaha you thought Bruce Wayne was smart? Although no longer Bruce Wayne, Batman 1M has an IQ of....sit down now...1045), Hourman 1M, Starman 1M.

Arachnoidfreak
See, now that Aquaman is cool. None of that "can only talk to fishes" crap.

Beyonder
Never

Superman Prime and Superman 1M are one and the same. If I am not mistaken, the "1M" simply comes from the name of the crossover that Grant Morrison wrote. They are all members of Justice Legion "A" - Flash 1M, Aquaman 1M (complete control over water down to the molecular level. was going to superheat the water in Zauriel's blood to knock him unconscious), Wonder Woman 1M (her bracelets Harmony and Chastity are sentient. Wonder Woman herself is composed of living marble), Batman 1M (hahahaha you thought Bruce Wayne was smart? Although no longer Bruce Wayne, Batman 1M has an IQ of....sit down now...1045), Hourman 1M, Starman 1M.

http://members.fortunecity.com/mjst...rmanDynasty.htm

They're two different people according to what I know from reading threads in other forums and from this site you provided. Superman 1 million is but a decedent of Prime.

I got this part here from the link you provided. Basically after Lois died, Superman left and ventured the cosmos. One of his later descendants married the Queen of the 5th Dimensional Imp which meant that every Supermen that came from that line had 5th Imp blood in them.

It is not recorded what happened to Superman Prime during his long exile from Earth, but it is believed that he learned much about himself and his powers. While the powers of the Superman Dynasty evolved over the years Superman Prime did not gain the extra mental powers or sensory abilities obtained by the union with the Fifth Dimension. Upon his return it became evident that he had certainly changed becoming almost god like in terms of power. There is evidence for this in his resurrection of Lois Lane (with help from Lzyxm Ltpkz) and his covenant with the Superman Dynasty. The Superman Prime that appeared out of the sun in the year 85,271 is certainly the post powerful member of the Superman Dynasty ever seen and it is quite conceivable that he is now a New God despite his returned humanity. It should be also noted that Superman Prime is currently in possession of the last of the Green Lantern power rings.

It also says that it "is quite conceivble that he is now a New God despite his returned humanity." If this is truly so (that he's now a New God), then he's much weaker then expected. Rather odd since Prime should be above the New Gods.

Regarding the "Sword of Truth," are you talking about "The Sword of Superman" or something else?

Never
No, I mean the "Sword of Truth."

On comixfan.com they reference him as Superman Prime. They explain the lineage in the DC 1,000,000 comic book. Will reread it.

RSSR
So, Thanos with IG loses to Superman Prime w/GL ring & SOT; but how would Thanos with THOTU and IG stack up against Superman Prime?

Arachnoidfreak
Both the Gauntlet AND the Heart? He wouldn't need the Gauntlet if he had the heart.

Jargon343
how is Thanos pronounced?

Magee
Its pronounced as it looks blink

TH-AN-OS

FeceMan
Interestingly enough, Thanatos is the god of death in Greek mythology.

And no, I'm not a "Superman hater", I just dislike it when the heroes are so incredidly powerful that battles are, well, stupid. If there are bad guys more powerful than this Superman Prime character, couldn't they basically just kill everything? I hate it when the heroes don't have some semblance to human limitations. Maybe it's simply me, but I have the same feelings when playing RPGs (even when cheating, I hate it when you can put ALL the stats up to 999 or whatever--a character is supposed to resemble his class).

Arachnoidfreak
Superman's battles rock. but then again, everyone has their own opinion.

Alpha Centauri
I have nothing against Superman, just his fan club.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
I like Superman, but I'm not about to join any fan club.

FeceMan
Blast. I just realized that I spelled "incredibly" as "incredidly" in my original post. Grrr.

Spiderninja008
Infinity Gauntlet makes you God....period....Thanos' weakness is his subconcious that tells him he doesn't deserve such power. otherwise, Superman Prime is f#%ked......

Ponem
Thanos with the T.H.O.T.U doesnt even bother with Superman Prime. He friggin beat Eternity with it, Eternity is bassicly LT but in an other shape, then he proceeded to whomp the skyfathers and the celestials. Let alone what he would do to a Superman Prime, regardless of his strength.

Thanos with the Gauntlet however; is more intresting, still i wouldnt bet against Thanos.

wrathofachilles
Thanos had the Heart of the Universe? In what storyline? He beat Eternity with the Infinity Gauntlet, but I didn't know he had the Heart. But yeah with the power-ups Superman is no match for Thanos; without them, Superman would pull it out.

Mane
he had THOTU in "The End."

Mane
THhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/amacr.gifNhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/omacr.gifS

En Saba Nur
Isn't Thanos' reality anchored by Atleza, a little girl or something, outside reality, and keeping him from oblivion(it seemed like he'd been flushed down that spinning thing seen in "the end"wink? I mean can she be beaten, or can she concentrate on anchoring Thanos' reality and fight back(yeah, she can only be reached by mystic means)?

If Atleza would be beaten, then wouldn't Thanos be beaten too, even with the heart? Or am I mistaken.

Katt
I've read all answers in this post.
Very entertaining.

Anyway, i would put my money on Thanos with the IG.
But wouldn't it be better if those 2 just teamed up and raided the whole damn universe?

And if there ever will be a SP Vs Thanos who do you think would win?
The Hero or the villain?

--

Evangel94
Thanos with the IG utterly wrecks Superman Prime no matter what.

HOTU destroys everyone.

Magee
lol. I think about this fight every night (yes im sad). Superman vs Thanos. Superman Prime vs Thanos with IG, with THOTU. And i think some of us should e-mail or write to Marvel and DC and tell them to fuking make this cross over!! As kindly pointed out by Alpha Centurai a page or so back.

who?-kid
Pfff... I'm soo tired of reading : "Thanos with the HOTU or Thanos with the IG will beat everybody..."

Since when is that your basic, standard, average Thanos ? He's not the only one who has used the IG ! Thanos is Thanos, nothing more, nothing less. That's like discussing Spider-Man vs Godzilla : "Well, cosmic Spider-Man can beat Godzilla so..."

It's Thanos ! Not Thanos with the most powerful weapon of all time ! Anybody can beat Superman Prime with the IG or THOTU (or at least hold his own for a while).

Magee
Yea but Thanos is the one who brought all the gems together, performed extraordinary feats with it and done things with it that no other has done. When people say Infinity Gauntlet most comic lovers will think, Thanos!

Nataku8188
Has anyone addressed the fact that Thanos only lost the Infinity gem becasue he was not paying attention. Since this is a 1 v 1 fight, Thanos's attention will be on Prime the whole time.

I'm going to make an assumption that at least eternity was stronger then Prime, and Thanos had no trouble completely raping all of the cosmic beings.

who?-kid
Yes, but only after the fight against the cosmic beings. He was still getting used to his Eternity-form, and that Nebula-zombie stole the Gauntlet.

But this has nothing to do with him fighting Super-Man, because like I said, this was after the fight. Then he had time enough to focus or concentrate or whatever because there was nobody left to fight, and still he lost his focus. Against Super-Man Prime, he better not.

Katt
1. He DID give up the Gauntlet. He let Nebula take it from him.
2. Thanos was the one who actually could use it properly. It required a certain amount of "readyness" and Imagination. If you actually read the Infintiy Gauntlet series you would understand that,

who?-kid
Well, that's of course what Thanos said after his failure wink.

Correction, my young not so well-informed and a little bit arrogant friend.

If you had actually read the series (and the sequels such as The Infinity War), you would know Magus adapted himself to it's power much faster than Thanos or Warlock did (not my words, words of Warlock himself) !

And Thanos did not use the IG properly ! He killed countless people with it, was omnipotent with the IG but shut down lots of IG powers when he was fighting the heroes just to impress Death (most stupid thing ever), was betrayed by Mephisto, and when he had everything he wanted, he felt he wasn't worthy and let Nebula steal his gauntlet. So much for using it properly laughing .

manjaro
besides, thanos always subconsciosly leaves an opening for people to defeat him anyway. perhaps its becuase he wants he thrill of doing it all over again*shrugs*(masochist)

Beyonder
nope. He lost it 'cause he knew in his heart he was unworthy of OMNIPOTENCE. Warlock stated this right to Thanos face, who was shocked at the truth of Warlock's words.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2009988

As for the fight itself, Thanos DOESN'T subconsciously lose in a fight, it's NOT like wielding omnipotence. Thanos fought against the likes of Odin, Tyrant, Silver Surfer, Thor, etc. never ever losing SUBCONSCIOUSLY.

Against Superman Prime, Thanos would murder this f#cktard. He can will Prime out of existance of he chooses.

manjaro
ur kidding right? will Superman prime out of existence? yeah,sure pal.

i really hate to say this cuz thanos is the shit but i think he's slightly ovverated at times. the only way he stands a chance against an heavy hitter like Supermanprime he has to have A)infinty guantlet B)THOTU or C) Cosmic Cube.

dont get me wrong, he's up there with the best of them but, him with his natural cosmic powers and no help from an outside appartus versus Superman prime and his inherent powers he's mere cannon fodder.

Beyonder
Of COURSE IT'S THANOS WITH THE INFINITY GAUNTLET. That's what this fight is about. No duh Thanos w/o the IG would lose against Prime.

Katt
Err. Thanos didn't say anything like that. He understood it when Adam Warlock said it but he never said it.

And btw tell me how exactly do you use it properly?
I mean it's not like the Infinity gauntlet has a purpose. Thanos did use it properly. In his own way. Just as Surfer did in the "What if" comics.
True. He did all of the stuff he did to impress Death.

"Total confusion reigns as she strives to adjust to the deluge of universal sensory input. Suffering the nightmare of abruptly becoming aware of all life and matter.
"Most certain the thought of escaping into catatonic oblivion enters her chaotic soul. Prey that she does not surrender to the urge."

From The Infinity Gauntlet part 5 page 39.
smile

wrathofachilles
Chris Reeve as Superman Prime would kick Thanos' ass even with the IG.

Ok, not really, but it had to be said.

who?-kid
How would I know ? I only know Thanos did not use it properly. Asking how you can use one of the most powerful weapons/items ever properly, is pointless.

Maybe. Maybe not.

There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.

From Hamlet, Act II, scene 2. Maybe this will answer your first question.

Katt
Well i'd still give this fight to Thanos with the IG.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>