Spiderman vs Toad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chrissyg
who do you think well win i think it well be a good fight because spiderman can jump high and so can toad and spiderman shoots out webs and toad shoots out his tounge so i think it would be a good fight but im not sure who would win

bardock
spidey will win not only because he is better he is more popular

chrissyg
hes not really better but so wat if hes better more popular that doesn't mean anything

bardock
that matters alot to writers who want to make monet plus toad is wussie compared to spiderman.

VENOMfan
Spiderman would destroy toad, not even a fight

Spiderman
Height: 5 ft. 10 in.
Weight: 165 lbs.
Eyes: Hazel
Hair: Brown

Know Superhuman Powers: Spider-Man possesses superhuman strength, reflexes, and equilibrium; the ability to cause parts of his body to stick with great tenacity to most surfaces; and a subconscious premonitional "danger" sence. The irradiated Common House Spider (Achaearanea tepidariorum) which bit Peter Parker was apparently already mutated from prior exposure to certain frequencies of radiation and received a final, lethal dose during Parker's attendance of the exhibition. The radioactive, complex mutagenic enzymes in the spider's blood that were transferred at the time of the bite triggered numberous body-wide mutagenic changes within Parker.

Spider-Man's overall metabolic efficiency has been greatly increased, and the composition of his skeleton, inter-connected tissues, and nervous system have all been enhanced. Spider-Man's musculature has been augmentedso that he can lift (press) about 10 tons. His reflexes are faster than an average human by about a factor of 15 (he is often able to dodge bullets, if he is far enough away). Spider-Man is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength. He has developed a unique fighting style that makes full use of his agility, strength, and equilibrium.

Spider-Man's exposure to the mutated spider venom induced a mutagenic, cerebellum-wide alteration of his engrams resulting in the ability to mentally control the flux of inter-atomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers. This overcomes the outer electron shell's normal behavior of mutual repulsion with other outer electron shells and permits the tremendous potential for electron attraction to prevail. The mentally controlled sub-atomic particle responsible for this has yet to be identified. This ability to affect the attraction between surfaces is so far limited to Spider-Man's body (especially conetrated in his hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger. Limits to this ability seem to be psychosomatic, and the full nature of this ability has yet to be established.

Spider-Man possesses an extrasensory "danger" or "spider" sensewhich warns him of potential immediate danger by tingling sensation in the back of his skull. The precise nature of this sense is unknown. It appears to be a simultaneous clairvoyant responce to a wide variety of phenomena (everything from falling safes to speeding bullets to thrown punches), which has given several hundredths of a second's warning, which is sufficient time for his reflexes to allow him to avoid injury. The sense also can create a general resonse on the order of several minutes: he cannot discern the nature of the threat by the sensation. He can, however, discern the severity of the danger by the strength of his response to it. Spider-Man's fighting style incorporates the advantage that his "spidey-sense" provides him.

Toad
Height: 5 ft. 8 in.
Weight: 260 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown

Strength Level: The Toad possesses superhuman strength, primarily in his lower torso. He can lift (press) approximately one ton with his arms, and leg-press approximately three tons under optimal conditions.

Known Superhuman Powers: The Toad is a mutant with superhuman leaping ability. He has been observed reaching an altitude of twenty-four feet and covering a distance on the ground of thirty-six feet in a single leap. No definite limit to his leaping ability is yet known. Although the Toad usually stands in a crouching position, he can stand erect if he wishes. His unusually flexible spine enables him to crouch continually without damage. The Toad has no knowledge of hand-to-hand combat. However, his powers enable him to execute a leaping kick of superhuman force at an opponent. The Toad has a surprisingly great knowledge of advanced technology, thanks to his studies of machinery in the possession of Arcade, Magneto, and the Stranger. However, he is not himself talented at developing technological devices.

chrissyg
im talking about in the movies

VENOMfan
ah but......Spidey would still whoop toad. bad.

unless he show's up in X3 and does somthing amazing I might change my opinion but I doubt it

chrissyg
i like toad alot but i don't want him to come back

powerfulone1987
Spider Man would win.

Why don't you want Toad back? I thought he was your favorite.

chrissyg
hes my favourite but i wanna see some new people not just the same people i might like some1 else if they get someone new

VENOMfan
Im sure more new people will show up, but Toad and definetly Sabretooth are as vital as the Xmen themselves

chrissyg
i want quicksilver and avalanche to be on the next x-men movie

powerfulone1987
But like I been saying the people that made the moving aren't following the comics like anything, that's why they dumbly killed them off in the first movie and now are realizing their mistake and trying to find ways to say they survived so they can put them in X3.

chrissyg
but there dead now they can't bring them back theres so many characters that need to be introduced

powerfulone1987
I know but they were saying how, we don't know for sure that Sabertooth died from the blast and stuff like that so who knows. I don't know how Toad would have survived being struck by lightening if they put him in it too.

chrissyg
ya they need new characters

VENOMfan
Tyler mane*sabretooth* was singed on for two movies Im sure he will be back

his return would be easy, just be like "he's sabretooth" he can come back from almost anything

chrissyg
did ray park sign for 2 movies?

VENOMfan
Yeah he did too

BloomBabyGirl
spiderman would win because well toad a flaming retard

chrissyg
toad is the best but if toad comes back i still want avalanche and quick silver still on it so megeneto well have a bigger team

toadluver
Actually that's a good question.

Spiderman would try and shoot webbing and Toad would shoot slim. But Toad would most likely win. I mean a kick a tongue whip and a slime would win the fight.

Jury
oh come on, people erm Spider-Man possesses various powers ... from super-strength ... to super-agility ... to intelligence ... Spider-Man is over qualified to fight against Toad. <common sense> Let's offer some pitiful sentiment for Toad.

chrissyg
toad would kick spideys ass

chrissyg
he almost killed storm in the movie and he almost killed jean grey in the movie he could just spit slime over spideys mouth and nose then spidey well die of no air

Jason Wyngarde
spidey would whoop toads ass so bad it wouldnt be funny oh wait yes it would.toad smells.

Flavio
spidey isnt dumb enough to let this happen, he's got a web you know? and he can make a shild, so it would be a hard fight, but Pete is more intelligent than toad so he would win

toadluver
I still say Toad would win, it doesn't take much. Toad has super strength as well, he has inhansed muscels which equels strength. Hello <commen sence>

Jason Wyngarde
toad always is like the first one to lose in all x men comics.

chrissyg
so what spiderman couldn't beat toad

Jason Wyngarde
yes he could very easy they wouldnt even make a comic of it. he would take him out in the first few pages.max

who?-kid
This isn't a fight, it's a joke.

Toad is just an wannabe-Spider-Man. Everything Toad can, Spider-Man can do also. Better and faster.

And let's not forget the fact that Spider-Man has more experience, is an excellent fighter, is much stronger, has his web and has his spider-sense.

What does Toad have ? Hm, strong legs and a long tongue. And an ugly costume. Wow, I'm impressed wink.

Jason Wyngarde
every time i see him in the comic he is getting his ass beat. anyone on the x men could take him out 1 on 1 pretty easy. i see it where iceman froze him without even batting an eye. this should be closed no joke threads please

chrissyg
this isn't a joke this would be a really good fight if they made toad as good as wat they should but they don't his powers r the same as spidermans but for some reason u all think spiderman is better becuz he is a hero thats stupid toad would win

Shadow_King
spiderman would win cuz hes not a good guy cuz he hasd the powers to take toad down.

Cannonball
toad wouldn't stand a chance, spiderman can pretty much fly, all toad can do is jump

who?-kid
For some reason ? I'll just copy and paste:

Toad is just an wannabe-Spider-Man. Everything Toad can, Spider-Man can do also. Better and faster.

And let's not forget the fact that Spider-Man has more experience, is an excellent fighter, is much stronger, has his web and has his spider-sense.

What does Toad have ? Hm, strong legs and a long tongue. And an ugly costume. Wow, I'm impressed

I'll add some extra reasons: Spider-Man is smarter, is more strongwilled, is not as crazy as Toad and has defeated more villains/heroes than Toad ever has met !

For some reason, you really think Toad has a chance.

Princess Re
spiderman

nightcrawler90
spider man would win easily

Mana4X2
Totally! Spiderman, hands down. beer

Emma718
Ofcourse SpiderMan would sooo beat him

wuTa
i think people are runnin out of x-men and x-villians coz to say toad would beat spider-man is ridicolous...thats like sayin toad could beat wolverine..whats next? a spider-man vs jubilee thread...there is no waaay that toad take takes this

Vampiree
please do use the best match ups for battles thread (http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25462&highlight=matches) to discuss this subject

Havoc470
i dont know, i mean Toad doesnt only have a long tongue and a pretty strong body, he also has paralyzing slime and he could shoot massive gusts of wind, not to mention the power to manipulate toads and frogs....but of course thats the comic book toad and i dont know if it applies to the movie toad

as for toad vs. wolverine, in a wolverine comic he finds toad in a fight club kind of place and they have a no-powers brawl, of course wolverine wins but toad had some stuff i've never seen before lol

Jury
...Or use the "Versus" Section in Comic Book Discussion Forum. smile

Here's the link:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/

so, let's wait till Paola move this Thread.

Welcome to X-Men Forum Havoc470 wavey

Spiderman_RJ
spidey would win cos, toad is a wimp. about the movies toad did not died. he fell in the water not in the statue ground, and every toad knows how to swim and sabretooth is in jail.

Havoc470
thanks alot jury, i really dont think toad is a wimp, i mean he saved the universe from the stranger....

Spiderman_RJ
hey jury u seems to love gambit, do u have the picture of the guy who act him in the x2?

Havoc470
he had a part in x2?...i thought it was just his name on the mutant files

Paola
moving to vs forum dev...

Maelstrom
The cool thing is that toad is one of the few guys who could nail Spider-man, at least at the body level. I mean someone like Surfer who can go faster than light of course, but purely on the "Earth's rules" there is Toad, Nightcrawler, Beast, Quicksilver... Toad vs. Wolverine or Sabertooth isn't a bad match. Wolvie and Saber have animal reflexs and that is a good match against superhuman dexterity. But i give winner, just in that category to superhuman dexterity.
In this fight, Spider-man's strength would be the edge. I'd be like a man fighting a boy. Plus Spider-man is really more dexterous than Toad.
Still i really love The Toad. He's like the pawn in chess. If you play him right you can bring about the return of the Queen. raver

who?-kid
Not only his strength. Also his intelligence, reflexes and experience are much better than those of Toad.

Havoc470
i dont know about experience, as for strength toad could lift one ton with his arms and 10 tons with his legs...i dont know about spidermans actual lifting strength so i cant really argue there, as for intelligence i dont consider spiderman really a crafty highly intelligent person when it comes to battles.....i mean every enemy i've ever seen him fight is just full out, not really strategic or anything

this is actually a good battle because toad is really along the lines of spiderman, where spiderman has webbing, toad has paralyzing slime.....i mean spiderman would have to dodge all of toads tongue and slime attacks, which spiderman could probably do well, toad could also shoot strong gusts of wind.......damn i dont know, this is a hard one

crazyspinz
spider man is class 10, he can lift 10 tons with his arms, and we would own toad in one punch,

Havoc470
i really doubt that, toad has basically taken everything every xman can dish out, he's even been hit by colossus, and spiderman is surely nowhere nearly as strong as colossus, im being fair here spiderman has his advantages and so does toad, just because spiderman is way more famous doesnt mean he should automatically win

lol, www.pwned.nl check that out if you havent already crazyspinz

crazyspinz
haha thats funny, hey he had my sig blink

but ne way no offence but spidey has toad beat in every category, name something toad can do that spidey cant

Havoc470
paralyzing slime, pre-hensile tongue, and large gusts of wind

toad fought with the stranger in xmen-forever when his power's are amplified with the strangers technology, which is the toad brian singer used in the first xmen

emraldguardian
Spiderman has the stregth advantage, spider sence and can stick to walls not to mention I think his webbing is better than Toads slime.

Havoc470
yeah his webbing is strong no doubt about it, but it cant paralyze....this is my point if spiderman gets hit by toads slime once or toads tongue a few times it could affect his performance, and with both of them being fast and agile thats why its a good fight

and by the way toad can stick to walls too

Mightyrain
First of all Sabretooth has the same healing factor as Wolverine... so it would be pretty easy to put him in another X-Men movie

Secondly Toad would die in a fight against spidey... Spiderman has super strength, super agility and the ability to sense any danger... not to mention an unlimited distance for him to shoot his webbing and the fact that he can climb and stick to anysurface... Toad can jump really high (so can spidey) and has slime stuff to shoot... which wouldn't effect spidey like it did Jean... because spidey can take off his mask... his super long tongue only shoots like 15 feet...

pr1983
yeah, spidey just has too many advantages, if he can beat venom he can beat toad

wrathofachilles
Why the hell is this thread still continuing? The 'Toadfans' out there are more likely Ray Park fans than anything else. Ray Park would give Spider-Man more of a run for his money than Toad. He is a weak character and has been since X-Men 4 or whenever he was introduced. His agility and 'martial arts' skills are in no way superior to Spider-Man's. When was the last time you walked outside and saw a toad that could move the way a spider can? Furthermore, when comparing his tongue and Spidey's web, it's immediately clear that the web is a superior and more flexible weapon. I can't fathom why this debate even exists. Spider-Ham would beat Toad, much less Spider-Man.

wrathofachilles
He wouldn't 'die' in a fight against Spidey, Spider-Man doesn't kill and only tried to once. He doesn't have unlimited distance for his webbing either, but it is much longer than Toad's tongue.

Also, Spider-Man is extremely intelligent, whichever one of you said otherwise. He would have been a scientist if not for the fact that he keeps bitching about that 'with great power comes great responsibility.' His intelligent was I think at 4 back in the old days when 4 meant genius. He's not Reed Richards or Dr. Doom, but he's just one tier under.

And Spider-Man's webbing actually does 'paralyze' in the sense that someone at Toad's strength level would not be able to break out of it. Again, this fight is just absurd, Toad may keep Spidey on his feet for a couple of pages just because Spider-Man would be like 'what the hell is this guy!' but after a few smart-ass jokes, Spidey wins hands down.

Mightyrain
OK first of all I didn't litterally mean he would get killed.

Secondly in comparison with Toads tongue... Spidey's webbing is unlimited.

wrathofachilles
That statement doesn't make any sense. For something to be 'unlimited,' it's unlimited. Not in comparison to anything. Spider-Man's webbing is not unlimited. He uses cartridges which empty as he shoots the webbing, and he can only shoot it a hundred or so yards. That's not unlimited in any sense. Of course Spider-Man's webbing is superior to Toad's tongue, no question, but that doesn't make it unlimited.

Mightyrain
He doesn't use the shooters in the movies... it comes out of his wrists naturally. And if he can swing from the top of buildings... right above traffic... and shoot to the top of another building to swing again... and again... and again... he has to have tons of the stuff. If he only had a few hundred yards... he could only swing one time and would be out. In regards to it being unlimited... he would only have to shoot as far as he was from Toad... meaning if Toad was in sight Spidey could hit him... in a fight it would be virtually unlimited as Toad would not be able to out run it.

Havoc470
i am a ray park fan, and i've been a toad fan before brian singer even thought of making an xman movie with ray park playing toad

toads tongue isnt his only ability, neither is his ability to "jump high", they both have the same level of strength as where spidey has his webbing toad has his slime and incredible gusts of wind, as where spidey could stick to any surface, so can toad.....and movie wise (which is the topic at hand) spiderman has no martial arts skills what so ever, toad can carry ten tons with both legs and arms, and is more experienced than the movie spiderman (being as bryan singer used the toad in xmen-forever for the xmen movie, which is the toad that had all his powers incredibly hightened by the strangers technology)

and yes spiderman is intelligent, he could've been a scientist so what, this is a fight not a science experiment......what he's gonna scream scientific equations and thats gonna beat toad, who by the way has used technology spiderman has never even heard of

this is more of a debate against people who actually know about toad's history and experience, to the people that think "well he's a toad so he jumps high and has a long tongue"

who?-kid
Spider-Man : faster + stronger + smarter + more durable + more experienced + web + spider-sense + superior reflexes + superior agility

Toad : hm, third-rate villain with strong legs and a long tongue ?

Gosh, I wonder who will win this battle.

(By the way, Toad in the X-Men was pretty cool, but still not strong enough to take on Spider-Man.)

wrathofachilles
Yes I know, but they changed it for the movie. Usually one considers the classic Spider-Man for battles. And he swings between the buildings, which are not hundreds of yards apart, they are hundreds of feet apart. Also, spiders do not have unlimited webbing, they must regenerate, so even though we haven't seen Spider-Man's limit in the movie, he most certainly has one.

wrathofachilles
You can be a Toad fan all you like, that doesn't detract from the fact that he IS in fact a third-rate villain. I happen to be a fan of Traveller *Spider-Man comics* who in hardly a major player. It's about facts, not 'who's my favorite.'

Toad is NOT as strong as Spider-Man. Where do you get that information from? He's only strong with his legs and he can even though only lift *or push I guess* two or three tons; Spider-Man has lifted over 10 tons many times. And I never said it was a battle of intelligence, I just pointed out to someone who said Spider-Man is not particularly bright how mistaken that assessment really is; Toad's history is not very impressive. He was never intended to be a major player, Singer just included him because of his personal liking towards him. Also, nowhere was it said in the original posts that the topic was movie-based. Spider-Man is Spider-Man. And his martial-arts skills are good enough to take down a dozen ninjas, thus his martial-arts skills are quite sufficient.

Havoc470
this is from the person who made this topic

once again, for the 13th time, the Toad in xmen THE MOVIE was taken from XMEN-FOREVER, if you havent read it then i suggest you at least read a synopsis somewhere, in xmen-forever toad, pheonix, iceman, and mystique (and i think juggernaut) have this amazing universal battle with the stranger, when in his ship toad gets hurt so they take him to the medical room of the strangers ship (of course its all in a hurry the stranger is after them) and while healing toad he also had his powers strengthened 100%....that means he could lift 20 tons with his legs and 10 tons with his arms, he also gained the ability of incredibly strong gusts of wind, paralyzing slime, and over-all amazing reflexes, see toad was born in a test tube and he was a mutant but a mutant made with another gene that basically caused his mutant gene to never work at full potential, in the strangers ship that gene was completely destroyed and he got all those powers that i just mentioned earlier

now, this fight had to do with the MOVIE VERSIONS of the two characters, where as spiderman started from the very beginning when he gets bitten by the spider and all that, the first xmen started off with all the characters already aware of eachother, the xmen have seen toad before, the brotherhood have seen the xmen before (except for wolverine)in other words theres a complete history there where as the spiderman movie started out freshly, so spiderman's only experience was fighting head to head with the green goblin, and saving people from dock ock's schemes

who?-kid
You want the movie-Toad ? No problem, I'll give you the movie-Toad.

Movie-Spider-Man against movie-Toad => Spider-Man wins. The only thing he hasn't got as much as the comic Spider-Man, is his experience. But he still has plenty of other abilities to humiliate Toad.

And maybe movie Toad was (roughly !) based on that one from X-Men Forever, but why do you assume - without the proof to back it up - he possessed the same powers as the one from X-Men Forever ? Do you really really think that some time before the X-Men movie started, in the same continuity, Toad was fighting the Stranger together with Iceman and that therefore his powers were enhanced ?

Lol stick out tongue

In the movies, I saw some very impressive stuff from Spider-Man ! But only a little bit funny moves from Toad. Again, Spider-Man wins.

Havoc470
ugh, brian singer stated it in an interview for the first xmen movie........and just because he took the toad from the forever story arc doesnt mean he took the whole story arc and mended it with the movie, in the last pages of xmen-forever they show mystique and toad in their movie forms on purpose, because mystique was also transformed while on the strangers ship

what did he do in spiderman, punched green goblin a few times and landed a small brick wall on his head, and then got hit by a bag of coins from dock ock then owned him by taking aunt may lol....wow impressive stuff -_-

i've never even said toad would win, im just being even sided, im as much of a spiderman fan as i am a toad fan

who?-kid
So, and ? Does that mean movie-Toad had exactly the same powers (powers he normally does NOT have) like he had in X-Men forever ? No. Did you see him lifting 20 tons in the movie ? I didn't.

Apart from the web (a minor change), Spider-Man had exactly the same powers. And unless proved otherwise, Toad was not significantly stronger than his comic-version.

Havoc470
http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/article/showquestion.asp?faq=4&fldAuto=149 read the 3rd question and its answer

and here http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1073

as for what you saw in the movie compared to what actually is, i cant help against that its just you proving a point that spiderman wins....although thats not what im fighting against because i havent even said spiderman or toad would win, im simply laying toad's true abilities on the table

wrathofachilles
Yeah well that's not how she put the original posting. Someone probably went over head so she said that. Notice how she hasn't been back since because she probably doesn't know the actual characters. Spider-Man is Spider-Man, like I said. Did you even see X-Men?? They did not all know each other. The Brotherhood and the X-Men had never met until they battled. I guess you didn't see Spider-Man 2 either because he didn't just 'save people from Doc Ock's schemes' he actually fought Doc Ock. This is an absurd debate. Spider-Man outclasses Toad in every way. He would be laughing his ass off the entire fight and making smart ass comments like 'you and Gibbon should start a Completely Useless Character club.'

Havoc470
either way she made the topic and she said it, simple as that, spiderman did fight dock ock but then dock ock turned towards aunt may which completely changed the fight and thats why sam raimi did it, he wanted to show the true power behind dock ock is attacking spiderman with hostage situations, for example the train ride and aunt may, and yes they did know eachother because wolverine asks professor x "why dont you just find magneto and go to his lair" and xavier replies "because he found a way to block cerebro" in other words theres a past there, as long as xavier and magneto know eachother the brotherhood has met the xmen, in case you havent bothered reading the prologue to the first xmen movie

as for useless, i'm not really gonna say much.....except the brotherhood of mutant 1 (with toad being their leader) beat up sleepwalker, spiderman, and darkhawk to get to a man named Portal....they succeed with toad battling spiderman all out (darkhawk #19-20, sleepwalker #17) the next day they were gonna use Portal to go somewhere but darkhawk and sleepwalker interrupted with knocking out toad and sauron then taking out blob and pyro head to head, and using the hypnotized Portal to escape, flash forward, after being in emma frosts house for the hellfire club not wanting toad and emma feeling bad for him, toad meets the surgeon who was said to highten toads powers a little, he was then deemed nuts and as in a mental institution where xmen forever starts off, and thats where him, pheonix, iceman, mystique, and juggernaut fight the stranger on his ship and having to save toad hightening his powers and needing him for his intelligence with the strangers technology he turns strangers own ship against him and then makes the ship implode on their exit

theres probably billions of mistakes on this and yes i did type it all, for reference you could go here http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/pov/showquestion.asp?faq=5&fldAuto=32 as for pictures im gonna have to scrounge up those old comics and scan them or find them somewhere online

wrathofachilles
Yeah but that wasn't originally stated by the poster. Spidy and Ock fought several times throughout and at the end. And no they did not know each other, Magneto and Xavier knew each other since childhood, but the rest of the Brotherhood and X-Men respectively did not. What do you mean 'reading' the prologue? In the movie *which for whatever reason you keep bringing up as though the movies outweigh the comics* they did not know each other, hence the blank looks on their face when they met each other.

All the characters you mentioned as 'including him...etc.' far outclass Toad. Juggernaut?? Phoenix?? Iceman even?? They make Toad look like a...well...toad.

Havoc470
the comic book prologue to the first xmen movie explains how they know eachother, yeah thats the funny part about xmen-forever, toad is the first to get knocked out by the stranger, mystique stays away while iceman does whatever he does and juggernaut holds the stranger back, which is when pheonix think "the only person who could work his technology is" and thats when she finds out in order to stop stranger they need to wake toad up and thats the moment where everyone looks back in shock at a knocked-out toad lol, it was a cool change of events

wrathofachilles
The comic book prologue is a ploy to make money. They always are. Obviously they're going to come up with something to say, however, that's not how the movie portrayed it. Read the comics, watch the movie, but don't combine them.

So basically they chose the weakest mutant ever to be the key to defeating the Stranger? That's fairly clever for a Marvel writer, lol.

wrathofachilles
By the way, who do you think would win your illustrated match-up there? I think Maul would make short work of Wolverine.

Mightyrain
He swings between the buildings on webs that are hundreds of feet long!!!! He swings within 10 feet of the ground and then up over skyscrapers!!!!! We ar etalking 60+ stories high... each story is at least 8 or 9 feet high... The web he is swinging on is at least at a minimum of 470 feet long (60 x 8 - 10)... then he swings again from the same height and again and again... he swings like 100 times just to get from one side of the city to the next.... He travels the entire city in this fashion!!!! That is hundreds upon hundreds of yards... times the 480 feet minumum (since it always shows him swinging right above the traffic and street lights)... which by the way has to be bad on his back swinging with one arm over and over like that. In order for him to pull his method of travel off he has to have 100's or even 1000's of yards of webbing!

Havoc470
lol, in the spiderman 2 game i dont even have to swing 100 times to get from one side of the island to the other, youre forgetting he hits speeds of at least 80 MPH, as for him swinging 10 feet over ground over a 60+ story building, i've never seen that

Havoc470
it was really more of a hilarious coincidence, because he was there with magneto before and he was stuck on the ship just messing with the equipment, even stole some and took it with him lol

anything you buy is a ploy to make money, doesnt mean it isnt considered to be part of the movie, it was brian singers choice to even have a comic book prologue to the movies, im reading the comics that dont have to do with the movie, im watching the moive, im reading the comics that explain what happened before the movie, it is a ploy to make money but everyone behind the movie (including marvel themselves) gave it the go ahead to actually represent the prologue to the xmen movie.....where as the matrix comic and animatrix is a prologue and inbetween continuation of the movies doesnt mean it never happened, samething goes with the xmen movies and their prologue comics

oh yeah, as for darth maul versus wolverine, i go with darth maul lol

Never
Was this even a fair fight...?

Spiderman is smarter, faster, quicker. a much better fighter, more skilled, more difficult to hit, more versatile, has a spidey sense...

...and has Mary Jane.

Toad should be matched against characters like...Batroc, Puck, or any 2nd-rate villain with above average h2h skills.

Spiderman should be matched against the likes of Wolverine, Daredevil, Batman, Deadpool, Venom - all of whom would walk right over Toad.

And no, Spiderman does not kill, but he WILL beat you into a bloody pulp if he feels sufficiently threatened.

Havoc470
spiderman has fought all those characters numerous times (except i dont know of deadpool or batman) and him fighting wolverine is gonna be shown yet again in the next ultimate spiderman

wrathofachilles
He swings horizontally, not vertically. He doesn't swing within 10 ft. of the ground either unless he's coming up from the ground or coming down to the ground. And I said he doesn't have the capability of shooting a web hundreds of yards, of course he has enough webbing to SWING hundreds of yards. That's different. The question wasn't how much webbing is in his cartridges, it was how far he can shoot a single web.

wrathofachilles
His fights with Wolverine always suck. It's never a real fight, there's always something that gets in the way.

Paola
Now I'm having mental images on Spiderman fighting Wolvie in Spidey TAS lol so funny!

wrathofachilles
In Spidey TAS? What's that?

Paola
Spider-Man the Animated Series.... they looked pretty funny!

but pay no atenttion to me and keep on your topic..... yes

wrathofachilles
Hell that was the best fight of them all. Wasn't that when Spidey tossed Wolverine into some trash cans?

Paola
yes but all I remember right now is Wolvie pushing Spider and telling him something.... don't ask me what, it was funny 'cuz of Wolverine's voice (dubbed spanish version) laughing out loud

TheFilmProphet
laughing out loud

Do you speak Spanish Paola?

Paola
OF COURSE!!!! why? blink I mean, didn't you know?

see? how nobody notices me around here? jump

TheFilmProphet
I was asking because I know Spanish too. big grin

We have something in common. What are you Mexican, Puerto Rican, etc.?

Paola
de verdad?!?!?! por eso lo de "El que manda aqui"? blink

Soy mexicana happy

carnificina

TheFilmProphet
Si yo no pensaba que la gente aqui eran capaz de leer eso.

Yo soy Puerto Riqueno big grin

Paola
vamos al "countdown" ok? wink

TheFilmProphet
Entonces vamos big grin

Mightyrain
I said he has a virtually unlimited supply of webbing... were as Toad has about 15 feet of tongue! How is that not the amoun he has in supply? Also you can not swing horizontally or virtically... you have to swing in an arc... which means he would at one point be completely vertical to his webbings origin point. You have to go in an arc unless the origin point is moving.

wrathofachilles
Aww, I take notice of you baby wink Any chance you look like that Mexican woman on Desperate Housewives? lol

wrathofachilles
Ok, but again, he doesn't have unlimited supply. He runs out. Do you read Spider-Man comics? He has run out many times. As far as the movie version goes, Raimi hasn't shown any limits, but since he gets his webbing power from a spider, he has to regenerate after a certain amount of time. Ergo it's not unlimited. I know he has vastly more webbing than Toad has tongue, I never argued otherwise. I'm just stating that it's not 'unlimited' because that means never-ending. As far as swinging goes, I know it's an arc, and yes he is at some point vertical to the webbing's origin point, but he moves horizontally most of the time: that's how he covers his distance over the city. He doesn't travel straight up via his webbing, he jumps straight up, shoots his web and then travels in an arc. Why we're talking about the logistics of Spider-Man's movement is beyond me, I'm just pointing out how he has never swung 10 ft off the ground while his webbing was shot 50 stories up. He doesn't do it that way.

Havoc470
toad's tongue is 15 feet long, doesnt really matter but im just saying its 25 not 15........as for spiderman's web im pretty sure he has to regenrate it, but swinging verticle to his webbing isnt something you could do when the webbing is stuck to the side of a building, swinging vertically to it would meant youre smacking into the side of the building, at some point he is completely verticle to his web, which is when he's at the end of his swinging arc, but only when his goal is to gain height to go to a higher building not when he wants to cover street distances

wrathofachilles
I said that, lol.

Havoc470
i meant 25 not 15.....damn typo's

yeah i basically repeated your words in a different way lol, but i just wanted to say it because of the videogame, once you start playing it webslingning is seen completely different.... especially when you film a friend doing it lol http://www.geocities.com/only1spider/SPIDER.html

radioboy121
Wasn't Toad Spiderman's sidekick at one time, because Spiderman felt sorry for him?

In this fight, I'd give Spiderman the edge based on experience and the fact that Toad always seems insecure about things whenever I see him (he always feel unwanted).

But I still think Toad's tongue would give Spiderman trouble, expecially if he could use it to grapple Spiderman's webbing and possibly fling him around with it.

who?-kid
Well, Toad wanted to be his sidekick but it didn't work out as Toad was hoping : he ended up forming a band called the Misfits, together with the Spider-Kid and that frog-dude (don't remember his name).

Havoc470
lol yeah, one of the less popular spidey comics that was completely taken off radar, it was basically giving spiderman a younger spin off and same is for toad....it was stupid as hell

wrathofachilles
What the hell? What comic was this were Toad was almost Spider-Man's sidekick? I'd have burned that in a heartbeat. The frog guy was Frog-Man! How could you forget Frog-Man! He has the proportionate strength, speed, and agility of a frog!

Havoc470
lol, it was some pretty old badly made comic, a losing battle to try to bring a spiderman and toad variant....like superman has superboy -_-

Paola
mwah1 many thanx mr wrath.

I'll tell you if I look like her as soon as I find out who is she

Mane
haha no you dont look like her, Paola. but you are pretty!!! smile

Mane
Paola is beautiful!

Paola
bag edit that!!!!!

Mane
sorry embarrasment

but you are beautiful anyways smile

Paola
mwah1 thanx!

wrathofachilles
Her name is Eva Longoria. She was on Young and the Restless for awhile too....not that I watch that....lol, yeah right. Like I watch soap operas, that would be as bad as....reading...comic...books...

Again, I need to get laid.

Paola
laughing

Mane
its the truth yes

IMO youre prettier than Eva Longoria. seriously.

Paola
bag thank you again..... but back on topic, please.

Mane
no no i like talking about you cry

anyways Spidey wins.

wrathofachilles
Oh but this a much better topic don't you think? wink I mean, Toad is just repulsive. Though Peter's not bad...Mary Jane's a lucky gal.

Mane
no! miffed Paola is much better than freaking Toad!

Toad is a loser

Paola
aaww Mane! in_love

Havoc470
::clears throat:: the Hives suck...

Mane
correcting people is the mod's job. love

Havoc470
nah, im just posting my opinion...although its amazingly off-topic but so are the last six or seven posts

Mane
well than get back on topic smile

Havoc470
okay smile

Linkalicious
*ahem*

haven't you heard of alter egos??

Mane
miffed

Mane
wink love

wrathofachilles
No, I meant that Paola being hot was a better topic than Spidey vs. Toad after she said to 'get back on topic.' How crazy do you think I am??

Mane
no expression

wrathofachilles
Exactly.

Spiderninja008
.......y even ask?

Paola
eek! so who won?

Spidey or Toad?!?

wrathofachilles
Spidey of course. Like I said, Ray Park's a better match-up with him than Toad.

Mane
Spidey eek!!

wrathofachilles
Hey I would have said that but she specified between 'Spidey and Toad.' So don't think you got one over on me!

Mane
im not competing in the first place smile

Havoc470
spidey won the majority vote

Soleran
lol, the bump.

llagrok
I don't even think Toad is a threat to spidey.

Soleran
Originally posted by chrissyg
who do you think well win i think it well be a good fight because spiderman can jump high and so can toad and spiderman shoots out webs and toad shoots out his tounge so i think it would be a good fight but im not sure who would win

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.