Puppets or Pixels?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

orbob
I am sure this question may have been asked before and if so I apologise, but I would be intrigued to know which you guys prefer...the digital Yoda (from E2) or the 'real' Yoda?

Real Yoda>http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/img/movie_sm.jpg

Digital Yoda>http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/yoda/img/movie3_sm.jpg

Come to that, what about the Clone troopers (Digital) or the Stormtroopers (real people)?

Jedi Priestess
real on both for me, but it would be damn near impossible to have filmed the fight he had with dooku using a puppet.

yerssot
puppet... definitly puppet... old school (and considering my age, I know I'm not a real old school fan) but it's how I first saw Yoda, the new one is ... not him... too real and too CG looking

Evolution
ACTUALLY WHEN I SAW AOTC when it first hit theatres i thought yoda was a puppet. yoda wasnt really toattally cgi as everyone says he is.

but it was cool how ilm and lucas made yoda look very real and not cheesey.

but i have to go with old school yoda cause thats how not only i remember seeing him but all the sw fans.

Melkórë
Real Yoda, and Stormtroopers.
LOL, the Clonetroopers look anerecsic (don't know how to spell it).

Sith Master X
Oh definitely DIGITAL for me!!!!! In my opinion, he looks so much more real in that one.

§pearhead
anorexic, methinks

anywho, Puppet Yoda is so much better, and I'm used to seeing everything digitized, but CGI Yoda just looks so...bad. The clonetroopers were less obvious, but I prefer the human actors in suits, as it seems to fit them better.

yerssot
watch the ESB or ROTJ and then AOTC... it's very clear he's extremely cgi

jango fatt
Digital.

Sith Master X
Now you see to me, I thought the puppet Yoda looked bad. laughing out loud

Sauron
Lol i would have loved to see the puppet yoda do the flips from ep-2

with visible strings eek!

*hopes*

Sith Master X
Ha, the visible strings would have been killer! eek!
lol

CConn882
Digital without a doubt.

Sith Master X
^ Right with you there pal, looks more realistic to me.

Unholly_Cheese
In that shot? definatly digital yoda but in IV-VI there are some good shots of yoda that look realistic

Ken Benobi
I vote for the real in both cases....cg is good, but kinda bugs my eyes after a while if there is too much of it....

ChrisHimself
well, i think the cgi yoda makes him look a lil more badass in that picture, which i think is awsome, but still, the puppet is the orginal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.