Cable vs. Nate Grey AKA X-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
who would win?

ragesRemorse
x-man defaintly. X-man devestated half of the state of Wyoming with a psionic blast, that wasnt even a fraction of his newly found energy levels. As long as we are talking about Nate after he was able to use his energy without aging. Nate also plummled A-poc nearly into submission, if it werent for his daddy (cyclops) Nate would have surely destroyed A-poc. dont forget that X-man also has the ability to surpass the Phoenix energy levels, although when he does use to much energy at ounce he does tend to black out or lose his memory temporarily, these are the only advantages Cable would have over him

norrin radd

SnakeEyes
Cable's strength level and weapon amount is greater.
But X-man is a better telepath.

tough for me to say

moshtitan
x-man....cables done without his telepathis powers

SnakeEyes
well he still has vastly powerful powers, just not AS good as X-man. Cable still has other advantages.

moshtitan
yes but when faced with another telepath who is more powerfull...er...

ragesRemorse
the only advantage Cable has over Nate is his fighting, and weapon abilities, but they cannot even compare to x-mans telepathic abilities. Nate could devestate Cable with a single psionic burst

Manowar
X-Man--definitely

Shadow_King
Stalemate in my opinion

Alpha Centauri
X-Man. Cable's weapon abilities wont do much if his brain is liquid.

-AC

Nathaniel Grey
I have to side with Cable on this one since they already fought in the comics. It was Cable #31 and Nathan turned X-Man's own power against him which proves that Cable is a warrior not to be underestimated. Not only did he turn X-Man's powers against him which tore a hole in Nate Grey's mind -- he restored all of his memories and fixed X-Man before leaving him. I have to say that it proves without a shadow of a doubt that Cable is the superior of the two. And on a side note. Cable has since learned to suppress his techno-organic virus and can access his powers which are far superior to X-Man's. With all of Cable's Askani training and experience using his powers to keep the virus from taking his body ( An the training he got from Jean ) he's now at a near GOD-like status. ( Read Cable #100-107, Soldier X #1-12 and Cable & Deadpool 1-current. ) You'll see what I'm talking about. Pe@ce out.

Alpha Centauri
Deadpool must be amped to the max after the mixing with Cable thing in Cable/Deadpool right? I wonder..., that'd rule.

-AC

Nathaniel Grey
No flippin' clue. I only have the first four. #5 came out a week ago and I won't get that until Sunday. But yea' they're suppose to mix their blood and everything so they can save each others lives. It's crazy. Apparently Cable is turning into some sort of Super Villain or something. That's what they make it seem like the way Fabian is writing Cable. I guess with Apocalypse gone -- this is sort of the next step in his evolution. Pe@ce out.

Ironman 66
x man would destroy cable

Alpha Centauri
"I have to side with Cable on this one since they already fought in the comics. It was Cable #31 and Nathan turned X-Man's own power against him which proves that Cable is a warrior not to be underestimated. Not only did he turn X-Man's powers against him which tore a hole in Nate Grey's mind -- he restored all of his memories and fixed X-Man before leaving him. I have to say that it proves without a shadow of a doubt that Cable is the superior of the two. And on a side note. Cable has since learned to suppress his techno-organic virus and can access his powers which are far superior to X-Man's."

Did you miss that part Iron-Man66?

-AC

SnakeEyes
after reading that i go with Cable

Asian Hulk
You know why Mr.SnakeEyes?you are ****in insulting people!!!!and you and ****in insulting me!!!!

Asian Hulk
That's why I hate you to insulting me,Mr.SnakeEyes!!!!!!

Asian Hulk
That's why you ****in insulting me!!!!!Mr.SnakeEyes!!!!!

Paola
topic...

ragesRemorse
Cable and Nate fought when Nate had the aging virus. Now that nate doesnt have that anymore and can freely explore and utilize his powers Cable couldnt do shit other than wish he hadnt been born.

Paola
could you guys please, please post a pic of both big grin

Nathaniel Grey
One of my favorite artists ( Ian Churchill ) did great on that series of Cable comics. I believe he started at Cable #20 when the Legion Quest came to an end and Age of Apocalypse had JUST started. Anyway -- He ends up drawing the Cable vs. X-Man issue ( Cable #31 ) Which was one of the best comics visually. Here I think this is what they both look like fighting. I'm not sure how to add the image in but I'll try. Pe@ce Out.

Nathaniel Grey
Ugh. I'm not sure how to send this image. Help anyone? Please give me a detailed description of what exactly to do so I don't get confused. Pe@ce out.

Nathaniel Grey
Rofl. Nevermind. I think I got it.

Alpha Centauri
Marvel Legends Cable figure kicks ass. Semi-On topic.

I think they both rule.

-AC

WarHulk980
NATE

Paola
thanx Nathaniel thumbsup

Nathaniel Grey
Yeah he does. So does the Marvel Legends Deadpool but I don't understand why they included " Doop " from the X-Statics with him. Seemed like a pretty strange pairing. I want them to make another X-Man ( Nate Grey ) action figure. The one they made seemed kinda like he had an eating disorder and whatnot. Pe@ce out.

norrin radd

Alpha Centauri
"Yeah he does. So does the Marvel Legends Deadpool but I don't understand why they included " Doop " from the X-Statics with him. Seemed like a pretty strange pairing. I want them to make another X-Man ( Nate Grey ) action figure. The one they made seemed kinda like he had an eating disorder and whatnot."

Yeah. Surfer got Howard The Duck, sucks. Cable gets some fat cannon, Fantastic Four get Franklin which is cool.

I think they new line is gonna include Apocalypse, Silver Centurian Iron-Man, Vision tangible and intangible, Weapon X Wolverine and Hawkeye. Not sure who else. I'll find out for ya.

-AC

SnakeEyes
i have a cap action figure of those thats all.
i am still undecided when it comes to the battle

Alpha Centauri
What's your fav Cable battle Nath?

-AC

Nathaniel Grey
My favorite Cable battle? Hm. That's a bit difficult since there are so many he's had and so many I liked. I'd have to say his greatest battle of all time in my opinion was during X-Cutioners Song when he went one on one with Stryfe. It was one of Cable's most defining battles ever. Plus the fact that he believed himself to be a clone and went up against a foe who was again, like X-Man, more powerful than he was in the mutant powers department. ( At the time anyway ). Heh. I'm posing my Cable figure to kick my X-Man figures ass. Yeah -- I like them both but Cable is definitely the most bada$$ of the two. He's proven against X-MAN and STRYFE that he doesn't need his neigh omnipotent powers to take'em down. Thanks AC

Btw, Norrin. It was the " techno-organic " virus. Not aging virus that made Cable's abilities difficult to use. Remember -- Apocalypse infected him with it from infancy. And it's no longer official that Nate Grey/Franklin are Marvel's most powerful mutants. X-Man died in Issue #75 of his comic and Franklin's powers were nullified by Reed ( his father ). So guess who that leaves as the Marvel Universes most potentially powerful mutant telepath/telekinetic? The man Called CABLE! ;]

Alpha Centauri
What did you think of the Cable and X-Force Vs Pestilence/Caliban saga? From issue #73 Vol 1 onward?

-AC

SnakeEyes
bump

Nathaniel Grey
Hm. Bernard Chang/Joe Pruett. I wasn't too fond of the storyline they were going for then. That was during the whole " Twelve " series which explained how Twelve mutants were destine to defeat Apocalypse. It was a colorful arch but could have been written much better. But Liefeld's issue wasn't too bad. " Who is worthy to break the seals? " when they show Wolverine as Death and Cable gives up a small fight again Apocalypse after being captured. But Liefeld's art sucks so bad. ( #75) And Falsehood's was pretty good. It made me almost shed a tear when they brought back Aliya and then snatched her away AGAIN! Like in the annual. Truthfully -- I didn't dig most of the comics until issues #89-95. When Cable gets Rambo on the Dark Sisterhood/ Dark Mother. I prefer that to the whole Twelve storyline.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah I totally agree. I think the funniest part about when Cable returns to X-Force before Caliban or Pestilence as he was known, arrives, he just kicks back in a chair and puts his arms around Tabitha and Dani Moonstar like some kind of pimp.

-A

Nathaniel Grey
Lol. Didn't Cable HATE Dani? I think he did.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah he did for a while. But I think where he came to say his goodbyes, he put it aside. I loved how the captured the elements of Cable's feelings relating to the fact that they were no longer immature kids but were now a fully functioning unit of adults. It was one of his emotional moments.

-AC

SnakeEyes
Man... i need more Cable comic....

But guess what, in Ultimate X-men, Apocalypse was just introduced, so that means that there might be an Ultimate cable soon. What do u guys think that will be like?

Paola
surprise Apocalypse in Ultimate? great!!!

Shadow_King
YEA APOCALYPSE IN ULTIMATE X-MEN COOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL

Nathaniel Grey
I'm not too fond of Ultimate X-Men. I pretty much see it was a waste of ink considering that it's nothing more than a copy of the whole " Heroes Reborn " idea. The only thing Ultimate X-Men has going for it is Andy and Adam Kubert doing the art. So Ultimate Apocalypse and the possibility of Ultimate Cable will sucks -- from my point of view. I hate Marvel for making the Ultimate comics.

SnakeEyes
well have u read any?

there pretty good

Alpha Centauri
Ultimate F4 rules.

-AC

Nathaniel Grey
I have the first four of all the Ultimate comics. Including Ultimate F4. I wasn't impressed by them at all. I prefer the mainstream characters to the dribble of the Ultimate Universe. Besides them using the word " Ultimate " just bugs me for some reason. It seems like they're trying to make these new plots and stoyrlines greater than they really are.

SnakeEyes
HMMMMMMMMM

well i like the Ultimate series, except for Ultimate F4 because i have not read that series yet. But the art in each Ultimate book is excellent, and the plots are not bad at all, Brian Michael Bendis is an incredible story-teller. If them using the word Ultimate bugs you then that is a personal problem.............
The characters are essentially the same but most have some new twist in their personality or outlook which is good.

Nathaniel Grey
I'm not opposed to fresh ideas. But when the mainstream characters and stories are suffering while their other " side " projects flourish, I become very concerned. I would just prefer Marvel to focus their creative energies on the established histories and characters they already have instead of escaping into the recycled ideas of the Ultimate Universe. Like creating new and innovative characters perhaps. Or Stroylines that don't involve another " take " on how Wolverine lived his life. Frankly I'm a bit tired of seeing the same old thing going on. First it was 2099 then it was Heroes Reborn. I just don't get the novelty of Ultimate Marvel comics. They're nothing more than regurgitated ideas.

SnakeEyes
MEH

well have we decided who would win between the battle yet?

spyrokinesi35
yeah they're different versions of eachother, but I would go with my man the x-man, but I'm not a fan of cable and or the cyclops/summer/pyror family, but I am obsessed with proffesser's family, magneto and his kids/clones and wolverine and weaponx

FrothByte
hmm... at first look the obvious choice would be xman, but after some thinking id put my money on cable.

yes i know that xman is a more powerful telepath, but his powers doesn't really dwarf those of cable's, especially now that he's rid of the techno organic virus. im thinking if cable could nullify xman's mind attacks with his own mind powers even for just a few minutes and be able to bring his arsenal, strength, and fighting prowess into the play then xman is done for.

i think the main idea that everyone has is that xman would be able to annihilate cable with just a thought, i beg to differ. cable could hold his own with nate in terms of telepathy even just for a few minutes. just enough for him to do damage with his other arsenals....

SnakeEyes
i agree

DarkCrawler
Cable.

Mane
how can you say Cable? if they are both at maximum potential, Cable is toast. i think this thread is a total mismatch. Nate Grey vs Franklin Richards is a much better battle.

SnakeEyes
i completely and utterly dissapointed in u saying that.

Nathan Grey vs. Franklin Richards is not a better battle, Franklin is a vastly powerful kid but does not know how to use his powers, its just like Spiderman when he first learned how to websling, he was horrible at it, but he still had the ability

Nathaniel Grey
In terms being in posession of raw power both Nathan ( Cable ) and Nate ( X-Man ) are neigh equals. Especially if both are allowed their maximum potential. The main thing separating them is that Cable has more discipline of the mind and body not to mention the fact that he's more battle savvy. If anyone has read " Soldier X #7." Nathan alters an ordinary man's DNA and turns him into a mutant/bat creature. I mean if that isn't control over one's abilities then I don't know what is. It would take a lot of time for Nate to gain such control even when he was in his Shaman state. Which sucked. Btw. Anyway the point I was trying to make is in terms of inherent power I doubt there's much difference between the two. Their over all performance will be determined by their battle experience and disciplines. That's how I see it anyway.

Nathaniel Grey
P.S. No matter what anyone says -- Cable beat X-Man. shifty

SnakeEyes
YEAH
that is a good opinion

FrothByte
you go tell him nathaniel...

DarkCrawler
I say Cable because Cable has already beaten X-Man.

So yeah, Cable.

HarmonicFlo88
x-man is far more powerfull regardless of cables training and experience. at x-mans death he saved tha whole planet by sacrificing himself - cables sacrifice wouldn't have done anything. x-man is truly tha most powefull mutant in tha marvel universe. anyone who disagrees, either doesn't kno jack shit bout comics or idols another character too much to see tha truth.

HarmonicFlo88
A more in-depth reason X-man would win.

X-man wasn't born normally - sinister created him from cyclops and jean grey's DNA. while doing so he calculated an outcome of tha most immense power one can have. so hes just not a son like cable is, he is tha maximum potential of a DNA combination. That is why he is so powerfull. he wasn't born from chance like Cable. These are tha facts that were introduced in early X-man history. Of course some writers didn't fully comprehend this concept...which is why they made X-man weaker than he really could ever be.

what does Cable have? training? guns? weapons are cheap. Anyone can wield weapons, if X-man had tha same weapons then what would happen??

Cable is a good hand-combat warrior.....but then again X-man can FLY. How would cable survive X-man picking up a huge rock and telekinetically shoot it at Cables head at 500 mph? a cable fans answer would prolly be "well he can shoot the rock up before it hits him". Well there you go buddy, use of cheap ass weapons.

Both without weapons = X-man
Cable with weapons = prolly Cable
Both with weapons = X-man

Tron
I guess you didn't read the rest of the posts did you? Everyone's not refering to Cable's weapons, they're refering to Cable's psychic abilities, but you probably would've known that if you would've just read the rest of the posts before saying such a thing. I'm not choosing a side because I really don't know, but from what I read it seems like either has a chance.

HarmonicFlo88
ur an idiot, apparently u didn't read my whole post.

"sinister created him from cyclops and jean grey's DNA. while doing so he calculated an outcome of tha most immense power one can have. so hes just not a son like cable is, he is tha maximum potential of a DNA combination"

cables psychic powers are minor compared to X-mans even without tha techno organic virus.

so shut ur ass up *****

Tron
Well well, aren't we hostile tonite laughing out loud

Okay, I'm the idiot, and you were talking about nothing but Cable's guns, whihc isn't really what this fight's about. It's already been stated that these two have already fought, and that Cable beat X-Man, although I'll acknowledge that X-Man had a temporary disadvantage at the time. Regardless, it could still come to a close bout, X-Man may be the victor, that's not a definite decision on my part though.

And next time, if you have a response to anyone's comments on here, try to use more tact, cause you only make yourself look like a fool when you come on here trying to insult people like you are. And it's also against the rules of the forum so it's not recommended. Better it comes from me than a moderator before they ban you for a few days.

Tron
Oh, and responses like that make people wonder your age also. Just thought you should knowwink

DarkCrawler
Cable wins, I think.

DarkCrawler
Well, Cable can FLY, too. eek!

http://www.milehighcomics.com/firstlook/081804/images/cabdead6p3.gif

Idiot.IMG]

Nathaniel Grey
First of all, Cable was not merely a birth of coincidence. Mr. Sinister went through great lengths to make sure that Nathan was born. This was explained in ( Cable 2nd series #'s 6-8. )" Fathers and Sons ". Sinister explains to Cable the painstaking means he undertook to create Madelyne Pryor. ( Jean Grey's exact duplicate ) In turn he also explains how that child was the PERFECT blend of their genetic lines and how he planned to take this child and cultivate it. Unfortunately Apocalypse perverted Sinister's creation ( Nathan ) with the techno-organic virus which blocks his vast abilities. With that said -- HarmonicFlo your comments about Nathan are incorrect. He was not merely the BORN son of Cable. He was a plan that was carefully employed by Sinister. Much like Nate Grey. wink

As for the potential and power for both of these characters I believe them to be equals. Afterall they're considered to be nearly the SAME being except the facts of their experiences and origins. ( Cable second series #29 " Man in the Mirror " ) This issue will explain the relationship of power between Nathan and Nate. Basically what it says is that while Cable is hindered by the techno virus -- Nate isn't. Otherwise they'd be near equals. But I do agree that during the time Cable's abilities were muted compared to Nate's since he was infected by the techno organic virus which only allowed him a small degree of his vast powers.

Currently Nathan is NOT hindered by the virus. While his body still contains it because it is a part of his DNA, Nathan has the ability to subvert it. ( Cable and Deadpool #3 ) He's displayed a degree of control and ability that X-Man NEVER had. So if they went toe to toe with BOTH having their powers Cable would CRUSH Nate beneath his boot with little effort.

The fact remains no matter our opinions Cable defeated X-Man. Unless Marvel changes that fact -- CABLE is #1. 2guns

Winner by LOGIC! Cable! ::Eye of the Tiger plays.::

Nathaniel Grey
Does anyone have any decent Images of X-Man by Ian Churchill? I can't seem to find any by him online and since I don't have a scanner I can't really scan what I have. Please if you do -- post it. Oh and it has to be a Large and clear image. The ones I did finally see were bad quality.

norrin radd

FrothByte
well actually, id tell you that cable could do 5 things to stop the rock:

1.) yes, shoot the rock (happy now?!)
2.) simply get out of the way (cable can fly too you know... idiot)
3.) catch the rock with his own mind powers (cable is in fact a very strong telekinetic)
4.) catch the rock physically (he is class 20... which i remind you is a lot stronger than xman can ever physically be. cable can rip xman to shreds if it were a hand to hand battle)
5.) punch and shatter the rock with his bionic arm (it is said that his bionic arm even has more strength than his organic one.)

norrin radd

Nathaniel Grey
Cable's techno virus has nothing to do with " aging ", Norrin. It was originally given to him by Apocalypse because he realized that Nathan as a child possesed a greater amount of psionic energy than any being on the earth so he hoped it would kill him. Fortunately young Nathan Christophers powers were so immense that he survived the virus but at the expense of his powers. Most of his great telepathic and telekinetic energy was always used to hold that virus from ripping his body about. BUT since Cable #100 he's had NO real problem exercising his INSANE amount of power. He was even shot point blank in the head a few issues later and he didn't die because apparently his powers will not allow his physical form to be killed off.

And please check out the issues of Soldier X and Cable & Deadpool. Then you'll realize that Cable is without a doubt more powerful than X-Man ever was. Why? His training. He grew up being taught how to wield his powers by the Askani Sisterhood. ( Madame Sanctity, Aliya ) Not only that he relearned a lot of it from Jean Grey later one after I believe issue #20 of Cable.

norrin radd

Nathaniel Grey
Franklin's powers were shut off by Reed years ago. He's pretty much a normal boy these days with a younger sister now. And Nate Grey didn't exactly die -- he " dispersed " his energy over the entire globe in X-Man #75 so that he could save the world from the Harvesters. Yeah they're both pretty much outdated in terms of being the most powerful mutants in Marvel.

HarmonicFlo88
well cable was never able to fly and have stronger powers and such. i think fact is, anything can be added by tha writers....and since xman died in issue #75, no1 could "add" anything. it was said that x-man had no control of his powers because he was so young and had so much of it, wut if he could harness his power more efficiently? it seems to me that Cable was changed a lot because he wasn't ever known to be as powerfull as some of u have mentioned. as a die-hard x-man fan, i say that if xman was still to exist - you never kno wut can be "added" and changed about him.

and i'm jus sayin : nate was created after cable.....so wouldn't sinister make sure nate had more power?

on a side question : i REALLY think they should put X-man in the X-men movies, of course if not him...i'd like to see Cable. do any of you kno if thats gona happen in X-men 3 or later?

Swanky-Tuna
According to uncannyxmen.net, part of why Cable was changed so much was because he was originally meant to be a future version of Cannonball.

Nathaniel Grey
Cable/X-Man aren't popular enough to actually be put into the X-Men movies. Though it'd interesting for the few fans of each character I doubt it'll ever happen. I suppose Gambit and Beast are the next likely to appear in the films. They're MUCH more popular.

HarmonicFlo88
they didn't really have fights like they do in tha comics with beings of immense power. id love to see how they would portray Cable/X-man, and how they use special effects to show their powers.

i was pissed to hear that they cancelled Cable too, but i do visit marvel.com and saw tha new Cable/Deadpool duo. wonder when they'll "ressurect" X-man.

OH I'M NOT SIDE-TRACKING. XMAN WOULD DEFINITELY WIN DAMN IT.

HarmonicFlo88
^ WIN DAMN IT....against tha old cable from 8 years ago. not tha new Cable.

DarkCrawler
No...Nate was created in Age Of Apocalypse, which it entirely different timeline than 616 timeline. AOA Sinister didn't even know that Cable excisted.

HarmonicFlo88
Nate Grey's Power
:::copied and pasted from numerous sites:::

His powers are telekinesis and telepathy. And he is strong. Very strong. Strong enough to pull Xavier out of the astral plane - something no one else had ever done. But he is so powerful that his body can't take it. If he doesn't learn to control his power, he will die before he turns 21. In a Recent Vision Nates see's himself dieing and the powers unleashed at his death destroy Half the world. | Nate is arguably the most powerful psi talent on the planet. Moira McTaggert even suggested his power could rival that of The Phoenix. He has mind controlled entire crowds, created tremendous TK blasts, and rearranged matter |

and that was his state as he was first introduced. tha old cable couldn't stand a chance.

p.s. - i find comparing tha new cable to x-man is extemely unfair since x-man was killed off before his story could continue. am i tha only x-man fan here to tell it like it is?

p.p.s - to all who kno of some good x-man sites. post em!

Nathaniel Grey
Fact: Cable and X-Man fought. Fact: Cable won the fight. Fact: Cable lives on and X-Man's body was dissapated and his energy was spread across the globe. He's not technically " dead ". Just displaced. wink

HarmonicFlo88
how come xman is 5'9'' and cable is 6'6'' if they're supposed to be tha same? makes no sense

HarmonicFlo88
Cable beat X-man because he pissed him off enough to where X-man overloaded. Clearly this is due to X-mans inexperience and age AT THAT TIME . That just wasn't a fair fight, Cabled method was cheap. yea piss him off to where his immense power overloads his body and he collapses.....phh

SnakeEyes
Cable still won

spyrokinesi35
no and actually he's 6'8 b/c nate is a clone, while cable is the actuall child of them, also why doesn't cyclop shave a ML fig? cable and phoeinex do

HarmonicFlo88
spyrokinesi35, that made no sense. snakeeyes, so you consider low-blows to be acceptable too?

Mane
because Cable and Phoenix are much cooler than cyclops...

pr1983
take that back mad

crazyspinz
no offence dude, but hes right, cykes is a pansy

pr1983
untrue

HarmonicFlo88
Marvel Universe Hierarchy
"geocities.com/muhierarchy/index.html"

1. The Heart Of The Universe
2. The One Above All
3. Living Tribunal
4. Infinity Gauntlet
5. Death
6. The Infinites
7. Eternity/Infinity/Galactus (full power)
8. Oblivion
9. The Celestials/Franklin Richards (full power)
10. Master Order/Lord Chaos
11. Chronos/X-Man (full power)/Onslaught (full power)
12. Love/Hate
13. Eon/Epoch/Chton/Stranger/In-Betweener/Oshtur/Agamotto/Hoggoth/Galactus (normal power)
14. Ego the Living Planet
15. Dark Gods/Elder Gods
16. Eternals
17. Korvak
18. Shaper of Worlds/Beyonder
19. Phoenix Force/Hyperstorm
20. Dormammu/Shuma Goroth/Franklin Richards (normal power)/X-Man (normal power)
21. Demogorge the God Eater
22. Set/Cyttarok/Atum the God Eater/Demiurge/Gaea/Molecule Man
23. Odin/Zeus/Zuras/Asgardian Destroyer/Shaman
24. Pantheon of Gods/Kubik
25. Mephisto
26. King Thor/Thanos/Hulk (full power)
27. Beta Ray Bill/Adam Warlock/Silver Surfer
28. Thor/Drax/Morg/Gladiator/Terrax the Tamer/Dr. Strange
29. Captain Universe/Quasar
30. Genis-Vell/Blackheart/Loki
31. Super Skrull/Annahilus/Blaastar/Black Bolt/Firelord/Apocalypse
32. Atleza/Holocaust/Nova/Nimrod/Ultron/Mandarin/Cable (without virus)
33. Magneto (full power)/Cable (with virus)
34. Vision (full power)/Professor Xavier/Jean Grey
35. Juggernaut/Hulk (normal power)
36. Namor (in water)/The Thing/Colossus/Iron Man/Wonder Man
37. Dr. Doom/T'Challa
38. Vision (normal power)/Ghost Rider/Spider-Man/Namor (out of water)
39. Captain America/Daredevil

Cable Doesn't Stand A Chance.

crazyspinz
arent these two like the same person, but in a diferant dimension/time line, or am i a total dumbass, cuz cables name is nathan...

pr1983
cable is the actual baby that was conceived by scott and jean, nate is a test tube baby created by sinister

crazyspinz
ok

pr1983
i made the same mistake, dont worry bout it

Swanky-Tuna
Something like that. They had different upbringing too. They could be two completely different people in spite of being so similar.

Tron
Yep, definitely acceptable. A win is a win. That's Cable using some strategy right there. I don't see it as much of a low blow though. It's not like Cable was holding a loved one of X-Man hostage, it was a one-on-one bout and he won.

HarmonicFlo88
No.

It was supposed to be one on one bout between Cable and X-man, not X-man vs his own powers.

Cable pissed him off enough that X-man overloaded himself...it wasn't as if Cable used any of his powers to win. He simply turned X-mans powers on himself which is pretty much ALL he could do... which shouldn't count for a win. If they faught again, X-man would know of cables cheap tactics and whoop his ass everytime.

so really....X-man's anger beat himself. Cables powers, strength and weaponry had nothing to do with his victory - therefore should not be be used as a referrence to support Cable being more powerfull.

Nathaniel Grey
Given. At the time they wrote the Cable vs. X-Man issues, Nathan did not have the psionic wherewithal to take down X-Man. But stop making it seem as though Cable simply " cheated ". If X-Man was as powerful as he thought he was -- Cable would've never been able to coheres him into overloading his powers. Not to mention the fact that Cable's entire battle strategy has always relied on cunning and subterfuge. That's what he does. He's a soldier and apparently his plan worked. The bout was MORE than fair. Especially since Cable DIDN'T have the full range of his abilities. X-Man had the advantage! But since he didn't have the EXPERIENCE to use his powers he was easily taken. So the battle was more than fair. It's all about experience and cunning gents. Without it people are doomed to fail.

norrin radd
but if nate was able to control his immense power, you admit he would be the winner?

SnakeEyes
i agree

pr1983
how is he? dont include the movie version cos even im embarassed about that one

Mane
after studying up, that list isnt exactly true. this list is more accurate:

1. The Heart Of The Universe
2. Living Tribunal
3. Infinity Gauntlet
4. Death
5. The Infinites
6. Eternity/Infinity/Galactus (full power)
7. Oblivion
8. The Celestials
9. Franklin Richards (full power)
10. Master Order/Lord Chaos
11. Chronos
12. X-Man (full power)/Onslaught (full power)
13. Love/Hate
14. Eon
15. Epoch
16. Chton
17. Stranger/In-Betweener/Oshtur/Agamotto/Hoggoth/Galactus (normal power)/Dark Phoenix
18. Ego the Living Planet
19. Dark Gods/Elder Gods
20. Eternals
21. Korvak
22. Shaper of Worlds
23. Beyonder
24. Phoenix Force
25. Hyperstorm
26. Dormammu/Shuma Goroth/Franklin Richards (normal power)/X-Man (normal power)
27. Demogorge the God Eater
28. Set/Cyttarok/Atum the God Eater/Demiurge/Gaea
29. Pheonix
30. Molecule Man
31. Odin/Zeus/Zuras/Shaman
32. Asgardian Destroyer
33. Pantheon of Gods
34. Kubik
35. Mephisto
36. King Thor/Thanos/Hulk (full power)
37. Beta Ray Bill/Adam Warlock/Silver Surfer/Morg
38. Thor/Drax/Gladiator/Terrax the Tamer
39. Captain Universe/Quasar/Gabriel the Airwalker
40. Dr. Strange
41. Genis-Vell/Blackheart/Loki
42. Vision (full power)/Ghost Rider (full power)
43. Super Skrull/Annahilus/Blaastar/Black Bolt/Firelord/Apocalypse
44. Atleza/Holocaust/Nova/Nimrod/Ultron/Mandarin/Cable (without virus)/Abomination/Champion (on earth)
45. Magneto (full power)
46. Juggernaut/Hulk (normal power)
47. Magneto (normal power)
48. Professor Xavier
49. Jean Grey
50. Cable (with virus)
51. Namor (in water)/The Thing/Colossus/Iron Man/Wonder Man/She-Hulk/Doctor Doom
52. Scarlet Witch/Warbird/Rogue/Emma Frost/Psylocke/Namor (out of water)/War Machine
53. Vision (normal power)/Ghost Rider/Vengeance/Spider-Man/Venom/Deadpool
54. Captain America/Wolverine/Sabretooth/T'Challa/Daredevil

Nathaniel Grey
Yes. If X-Man had the full range of his powers and could control them without incident -- he'd hand Cable his ass. Now here's a " What If? " from me. What if X-Man was revived? Do you think that he could take on the " current " God-like Cable with ease? Mind you. The current incarnation of the Askani'son is both experienced on the battle field and very well versed in the use his immense telepathic and telekinetic abilities which aren't at all that far off from X-Man's.

Nathaniel Grey
Just for the record. Cable currently is somewhat uninhibited. His power freely flows and he's got a greater grasp of his abilities. Read Cable #100-109, Soldier X #1-12, Cable & Deadpool #1-6.

SnakeEyes
YEAHYA

Nathaniel Grey
W-WHATTTTTT?!

HarmonicFlo88
how about we make a petition of sort to re-instate nate grey in marvel?

maybe like, some powerfull being able to re-assemble nate for his own evil purpose. maybe he wants to overthrow someone more powerfull than him. maybe an evil nate who can use ALL his powers and later on he regains his real conscience.... that'd be tyte.

so, realistically - anyone up for it? and wut are tha chances of us being ignored?

HarmonicFlo88
so this threads dead? who won??

HarmonicFlo88

ceediddy
When and where did Cable say that?

HarmonicFlo88
when and where?

umm issue 14 of X-man. God-like cable has more control over his powers, which is why he can do wut he can do....but he is not at nate greys potential

HarmonicFlo88
http://uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=2079

thas a summary of that comic.

full synopsis- second paragraph

HarmonicFlo88
Full Power

HarmonicFlo88
"My telekinesis just sheared down through a hundred and thirty feet of dirt and rock, smashed through four more feet of solid brick and Mortar...and Pulverized it all in mid-air right before your eyes...lets take a minute to imagine what it could do to You."

-Nate Grey

Wynndar
did he say that to abomination?

HarmonicFlo88
thas wut i thot also, i got it off a dedicated site.

Wynndar
yea that was a good issue

Wynndar
the thing was i dont think his TK would have done anything to him

HarmonicFlo88
Wut do you mean? why couldn't his TK do anythin?

SnakeEyes
bump

Wynndar
Abom is one of the most powerful beings on the planet...blowing a hole in the dirt with tk doesnt mean u can do anything to the abomination...he is far stronger than the likes of colossus or other mutants

HarmonicFlo88
oh

leonheartmm
so what if abom is one of the most powerful beings on the planet, TK can still beat him.

HarmonicFlo88
Yea

Askani'son
this might be off topic but doesnt cable have a healing factor, that he got from deadpool?

Mainstream
no man that stands against Cable stands for long.

8bitChris
Cable and X-man would stalemate. They are essentially the same person. Exact same genes.

The only thing that tips the battle in Cables favor is his combat experience. Provided we're talking about full potential Cable who is not inhibited by the techno-organic virus.

HarmoNiC FLo
They are not the exact same person. X-Man was created differently, and he was not created using Cables genes as a drawing board.

X-Man has more power, cable has more expertise. it depends on where they fight and if cable gets close to him to initiate a physical battle. otherwise - nate takes it.

END OF STORY

HarmoNiC FLo
so i finally made it \/

Mainstream
Cable would win and tell his Test Tube half brother...

"you shouldn't have fought me...your may be stronger and younger..but I"m better....I'm Nathan Christopher Dayspring Askani Charles Xavier Soilder X Scott Summers the 2nd...remember it you little punk."

go Cable go Cable dancingeek3

streekz
Originally posted by HarmoNiC FLo
They are not the exact same person. X-Man was created differently, and he was not created using Cables genes as a drawing board.

X-Man has more power, cable has more expertise. it depends on where they fight and if cable gets close to him to initiate a physical battle. otherwise - nate takes it.

END OF STORY

actually cable and nate are same person from different realities,
they both have same parents (although cables mother is clone of jean)
and would be at same power level if not for the techno-organic virus that infects cable. (cable has to constantly devote his mental resources to fighting the virus)
they would also look the same if it wasnt for cable aging through time travel.

END OF STORY. Happy Dance

nathan summers
Nathan Summers has already proven, Cable & Deadpool issues#1- current, that he has identical powers and potential to that of Nathan Grey. Also, not unlike Nate Grey, Nathan's current body is the result of genetic engineering on the part of Mr. Sinister, Cable & Deadpool #16-19, from House of M. When he returned as an infant he manifested supreme amounts of energy at this early age. Soon he continued to GROW and eventually you see Cable as a teen in which Nate Grey resembles him GREATLY. Proving, as streekz stated, if Cable wasn't OLDER he and Nate would be I D E N T I C A L. Aside from the techno-organic arm. And..the virus has been purged. wink

leonheartmm
Originally posted by nathan summers
Nathan Summers has already proven, Cable & Deadpool issues#1- current, that he has identical powers and potential to that of Nathan Grey. Also, not unlike Nate Grey, Nathan's current body is the result of genetic engineering on the part of Mr. Sinister, Cable & Deadpool #16-19, from House of M. When he returned as an infant he manifested supreme amounts of energy at this early age. Soon he continued to GROW and eventually you see Cable as a teen in which Nate Grey resembles him GREATLY. Proving, as streekz stated, if Cable wasn't OLDER he and Nate would be I D E N T I C A L. Aside from the techno-organic arm. And..the virus has been purged. wink

2 words. BULL SHIT! that was just stated in one comic with an idiotic writer, logical and clear reasons have already been given why nate is superior and not the same as cable.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by leonheartmm
2 words. BULL SHIT! that was just stated in one comic with an idiotic writer, logical and clear reasons have already been given why nate is superior and not the same as cable.

Were these reasons given on panel? confused

leonheartmm
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Were these reasons given on panel? confused

lol, why the sudden interest in cable/nate gs? its already been proven that nate is superior to cable, but soe wont admit it just because of slight contradictions in one or two comics where writers stated cable as nate's brother/same being.

soleran30
Well for one Nate Grey can travel to different dimensions thats a pretty high showing of power right there.

Also Cable may not be a test tube baby but his mom was a second hand knock off of Jean Grey and Madelyne wasn't nearly as powerful as Jean.

nathan summers

leonheartmm

nathan summers

leonheartmm
ive READ the comics, n thas just your opinnion.

TheKahn
If the writers have stated that the two are identical in their genes and powers, then that would seem to be more than Nathan Summers opinion.
I don't read Cable so I can't prove that what he quoted was wrong or right. But unless someone else can prove that the writers really didn't say that Nate and Cable are the same person with the same powers, then the issue would seem settled.

wannabe
Originally posted by TheKahn
If the writers have stated that the two are identical in their genes and powers, then that would seem to be more than Nathan Summers opinion.
I don't read Cable so I can't prove that what he quoted was wrong or right. But unless someone else can prove that the writers really didn't say that Nate and Cable are the same person with the same powers, then the issue would seem settled. Precisely!!!
Where is the 'opinion' in stating fact from comics, authors and the creators of these characters themselves, leonheartmm???

leonheartmm
the thing is, that those werent the ONLY writers who have handled cable and nate. nate was doing stuff in his uncontrolled teens which was impressing cable, he stopped time unintentionally in thebeginnin and when cable saw it he was shocked and in awe. nate and cable have very different physiques one is 5feat 10 inches{nate} while the other is 6 feat 8 inches{cable} cable looked SIMILAR to nate when he was young but not identical, specially not in the height department. also even their MUTANT POWERS ARE DIFFERENT, other that uber psionics {which both have even though nate has more than cable} cable also always has had superhuman class 10 strength in his body. nate does NOT have this. we can see quite easily why they are not the same person genetically, both the physique and even the powers are NOT same, and it known that cable was the normal offspring of scott and madeline while nate is the geentically tampered offspring of scott and jean, at best they can be called brothers, but they are not equal.

nathan summers
Name comic issues, numbers and volumes that back up your claims. wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>