iceman vs cannonball

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jason Wyngarde
who do you think would win. i think ice man

ScarletSpider
Ice Man all the way.

§words point
probally iceman

Manowar
iceman

fartmaster463
iceman

Arachnoidfreak
It seems that the popular vote goes to Iceman. That's probably right, but I'm going to say Cannonball just to be an ass.

moshtitan
me too. big grin

manjaro
I dont wanna sound too deep or anything but CB pretty much work off kinetic energy. The same way the Flash can either give or take away kinetic energy from any moving object, its the same deal with CB. I'm sure the true heads out there might remember when he stole kinetic energy from gladiator's punch, thus cuasing him to doubt himself for a plit sec. so unless where taking about 2nd mutation icemean who can control moisture down to a molecular level i.e the liquid in the human body. more than likely the victor would be CB seeing as how he would just probably redirect the kinertic energy in all icemans' ice projectiles.

ScarletSpider
Iceman could freeze the blood in his body. He wouldn't have to move.

Jason Wyngarde
iceman cant really be hurt by direct attack either really. because he can just reform himself

Jason Wyngarde
majaro how is freezing something kinetic?

manjaro
kinetic-of or relating to the MOTION of material bodies and the FORCES and ENERGIES associated therewith.(websters college edition)

it boils down to the basic pricincples of the thoery of relativity. (energy cannot be destroyed only transferred to another state)basically how this pertians to this matter is, the sudden blast of energy it would take for iceman to hurl ice projectiles or freeze around CB's body could be redirected(providing that he's smart enuff to know how) besides its been stated that ice doesnt actually come from iceman(classic bobby that is) but rather he manipulates the O2 molecules in the moisture of the surrounding area and causes it to freeze.

so the transfer of this energy could "potentially" be taken away seeing as how there is motion and energy. not that this could be done in reaal life, mind you i just came to that conclusion b-cuz thats what the flash does. thats why I said that unless its 2nd mutation iceman who has literally been transformed into ice and thus has a mental control of all liquids. thats from that point of view.

the main reason i think Cb would win is b-cuz it is stat in a few sources that his kinetic feild negates momentum and all related energies thus rendering him virtually invulnerbale. so iceman propbably wouldnt be able to frezze him anyway

manjaro
plus from what I know Classic CB is an extenral and externals are immortals, though they can be tempoararily killed

Arachnoidfreak
The Theory of Relativity is actually that as an object moves faster, time around it slows down. The speed of light is actually the fastest you can go before going backwards in time. Courtesy of Eintstein.

'Energy cannot be destroyed or created, only displaced' is actually a different law, whose name I forget at the moment.

Jason Wyngarde
flashbacks of 9th grade science of oh nooooooooooooooo.

Arachnoidfreak
You took chemistry and physics in 9th grade?

Jason Wyngarde
no the kinetic stuff we covered

Arachnoidfreak
Yea...exactly...potential and kinetic energy are usually taught in relation to chemistry and physics. Eh, some teaching plans may be different though.

Jason Wyngarde
yeah my school is the king of budget cuts.

manjaro
my bad on getting the thoeries confused, what I meant to say was the Law of Conservation of Energy, but atleast you understand what I trying to say right?

Arachnoidfreak
Yea! That's it, Law of Conservation of Energy, thanks, I had forgotten the name.

Yea, I understood what you were saying.

Jason Wyngarde
this is a little off topic but i think iceman should have his own comic

muffin man
indestructable in flight gotta be cannonball

Mainstream
Isn't Iceman like a Super mutant right now? At his current power level he'd bet Sammy... hell he'd win at his regular level!!!!!

muffin man
no ice cracks when hit with my hand imagine from a super strong hit with increased speed from say one mile away.

Mainstream
Isn't Iceman a super mutant right now in the comics? He could be Cannonball with ease. Hell, he could beat CB without his secondary mutation boost!!

muffin man
cannonball is an external.
externals are more powerful than normal mutants.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.