Who Paid For the Army?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RobBo
I'm sure this question has been asked before and if so I apologise now and can only point out that history repeats itself.....but I would be delighted if anyone can enlighten me:

Who paid for the Clone Army?

Was it Sypho Dyas?

Dex told Obi Wan that the Kaminoans were only responsive to the "size of your pocket book" (wallet) so it is highly unlikely that an undertaking so vast would be administered on credit terms, as it were.

Anyone.................a thought?

yerssot
the one who claimed he was sypho dyas, since the Jedi Council did not pay for it nor knew of it existance ("blind we were, if ..."wink ("who ever placed that order did not have the autorisation of the jedi council"wink

nor the senate did it, which is clear cause they're voting if they should have an army or not

RobBo
No matter...I've checked the archives (as it were) and the official line from GL is that we will find out : 1) Who ordered the army and 2) who erased the planet from the records in episode 3.

Ah well. Thread closed then I suppose!

yerssot
you could pm a mod if you wish to do that smile

tk-622
perhaps it was palpitane

Rogue Jedi
i think palpy gave dooku the $$ and dooku paid for it.

Rogue Jedi
forget my last post.

§pearhead
laughing out loud

Julie
I think the republic paid it...unwititngly...."699.00" credit toilet seat covers and "548.00" credit brass sink handles....

Baylin
No it was me! I did it! The whole clone war is my fault! I'm very sorry!

Rogue Jedi
it was finti and i. we paid for the clone army.

Baylin
Oh my mistake It was the clown army I paid for (I'm always getting the 2 mixed up....)

The Ones
it was dooku, he paid jango and the kaminions (sp?) 5 million republic credits (source= Star Wars: Bounty Hunter (Game))

yerssot
don't state EU as fact

The Ones
?

yerssot
5 million credits is not mentioned in canon sources
and it is speculation that it IS dooku (but it probably was)

The Ones
get bounty hunter, complete it and watch the end movie

Rogue Jedi
dude, they enforce the EU rules very strictly. i dont agree with them, but its their forum, so follow their rules.

yerssot
you misunderstand RJ, you can nag about EU as much as you want, but when you state it as a fact (it IS dooku and he payed 5 mill), than you're dead wrong

the least he could say was: in the game they say it was dooku who payed 5 mill

tk-622
but why the hell if he is part of the separatist why would he want the clone army, and jango in epII in kamino whan he was talking to ob1 he said that he was employed by someone named tyranuss.

yerssot
cause they needed an army to provoke the separtists and get the war started

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.