Boba Fett in EpIII...Wookie scalps or Padawan Braids?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
This was touched on a looong time ago. it was mentioned briefly and then forgotten, in a previous post:

During the OT, we all have come to know those braids on boba's shoulder as being Wookie scalps. Since there was no connection between Fett and the Jedi at the time, no one questioned otherwise.

But now, knowing that a jedi killed his beloved father, would it not stand to reason that BobaFett will take part in the great purge/slaughter of the jedi?
Those tainted with spoilers know that Anakin will storm the jedi temple and slaughter the younglings/padawans...so who's to say that boba won't give him a hand?

So the point is, could those braids actually be padawan braids?

It would explain the connection between vader and boba seen in ESB.
"no disintegrations", like he has worked with boba before.
and "the empire will compensate you if he dies" as opposed to his "deal" with Lando "i am altering the deal..."

Why is Vader so respectful and fair towards Boba? There seems to be some kind of evil kinship between the two. Vader treats his own admiral like expendable dogmeat, so why is Boba so...special?

i think we will find out why May19

any thoughts?

Jedi Priestess
erm EP3 is 2 years after ATOC, that would make BoBa around 10-12 at the time of EP3......not likey to happen. sad

PVS
hey, kids can be evil bastards too, you know!

Jedi Priestess
laughing laughing laughing
well seeing as Im a teacher Im going to have to agree! wink

cornponious
I don't recall seeing any braids on Boba Fett's shoulder, and I just watched Episode V today.

However, I believe the kid could pull off being Boba in this film. Did anybody see those pics of him in the fan-made Boba costume? Not bad.

corn

captain-N
no way

Scarabi
that's an interesting theory but problem is his age !
it would be hard for him to kill padawans with mini lightsabers blasting them with his mini blaster.
but it does make sens !
and we can make the parallele clonetroopers/stormtroopers and understand why he is so at ease with them in Bespin.

Creechuur
I have wondered the same thing since seeing Ep 2.

Canon will probably keep with Wookie hair, since its already been established, although its not like Lucas worries to much about continuity. I like the Padawan braid idea though, it makes more sense, adds a bit more drama, y'know?

Does anyone know if the Padawan braid was thought up by Lucas in some form at the time of the OT? An early PT script summary or something?

rustiswordz
As A demonstration to Vader/Anakin of his loyalty to the Dark Lord, the young Boba Fett is given the task of apprehending the Gungan Ambassador Jar Jar binks. However during the battle the bumbling pillock Jar Jar pisses boba off so much he blasts him with an Acme disinter-o-matic disruptor rifle and vaporises Jar Jar into a screamin pile of goo.

Hence the reason Vader says in ESB: No disintergrations. (what you didnt hear at that point was Boba saying to vader: 'dont worry no one else pisses me off that much...) wink

Creechuur
Huh?

offtopic

Jedi Priestess
he is under the impression he's the forum commedian creech messed

captain-N
the onley one being scalpt is ani

darktim1
interesting thought but I don't think bobba fett will be in episode 3 he probibley still learning how to use all of his dad suit unless his father made him his own suit who knows one character I will miss in ep3 is watto he was cool as junk dealer.

cornponious
It has to be a different suit, doesn't it? I mean, it's a different color than Jango's. Isn't it?

corn

rustiswordz
Someone has to be wink

eek! laughing Happy Dance

PVS
ok, i know i'm reaching here...but what if boba returns to camino and
requests that they accelerate his growth? smile

ok ok i guess that far fetched...but no more than the theories floating around
about palps being a clone or a shapeshifter, right?

§pearhead
I'm 95% sure that they can't accelarate his growth after he's been "born", I thought it was a genetic tampering thingy they added to the soldiers. Now that Boba is alive, I don't think they could speed up the process.

Jedi Priestess
thats a reach and a half laughing

PVS
i know it would be weird to see a young boba killing padawans,
but i dont like the alternative...

would it not be kinda lame to have such a build up story
of boba fett, only to have his significance wiped away by not bringing him into ep3? there is SUCH a story behind him now. his dad is the original stormtrooper, the jedi killed his father, he held his dead father's mask close to him and swore silently "i will avenge you father".

and years later he would do just that by:
tracking down a smuggler and delivering his frozen body to jabba the hutt.
what a slacker

Melkórë
If that happened (boba getting excellerated growth), I'd shit in George Lucas' coffee.

cornponious
Oh yes, that's FAR less believable than hyperspace travel, laser swords, and spaceships flying through the vacuum of space as if they're in air...

roll eyes (sarcastic)

smile

corn

Jedi Priestess
oh you just ASKING for it corn......... laughing

PVS
"If that happened (boba getting excellerated growth), I'd shit in George Lucas' coffee."

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here's your fecal-mochachino mr. lucas.

cornponious
LM effing AO!

Lucas : "It's a bit nutty."

corn

rustiswordz
Boba havingacellerated growth. heh the teenage years coimpressed into 6 months, no wonder Fett is such a moody basket!

Master Kadub
Melkore, heheheheheh...the coffee....

'I thought in some of the unseen scenes from EpII, Boba takes
Jango's armor and pilots SLAVE I off world'

I dont know if Boba goes smoking little younglings....but I
saw what Anakin did to those Sandpeople and I can see
him going biserk.....

PVS
boba could be like the younglings' bullysmile
except insted of beating them up and taking their lunch money,
he blasts them and cuts their braids off.

Ghetto Goblin
latte, mmmmm, gooood, SLAM.

producer: George, GEORGE, NOOOOOO!

asst. prod.: what?

prod.: he's dead.

asst. prod.: sooooo...?

prod.: *stops crying* i dunno. HEY, a latte, this is goo- SLAM.

asst.: oh well, see you later guys.

Ghetto Goblin
ya, and about the braids, your right i saw a pic with jedi looking braids, only half of it is undone, mabey that the jedi was half trained...

http://web.syr.edu/~srcasano/photo/cine.gif

another... it's hanging down onto his right knee...

http://web.syr.edu/~srcasano/photo/swi30_3.gif

it could be anikans braid, he chops it off when he goes evil, but his was almost complete.

who knows.ermdoctor

PVS
WTF!?!?!?

Ghetto Goblin
WHAT????

the pic's, or the poisoned latte????

you guys were talking about poisoning george's coffee or something, so ya.

PVS
What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k? What the f**k?

you know, by reading your posts i can just feel myself getting more and more stupid. its like crack for the eyes.

Ghetto Goblin
i am proving what you said about the braids what?

*says in mystic voice*

your getting very stupid, and when i snap my fingers, will will be.
lol

Ghetto Goblin
but did you like the pics or not.

PVS
ok, look...this thread died a while ago.
the only way to ressurect it is new insightful ideas and/or information.
please stop being a tool.

everyone knows boba fett has braids on his shoulder.

THE QUESTION IS (since you didnt read any posts or even the FREAKIN THREAD TITLE) what are the braids...wookie scalps or padawan braids.

now let this thread die in peace

Ghetto Goblin
it's dead, and it's braids, but it may be neither.

Ghetto Goblin
closing........

PVS

Cipher
That could change, of course. How he'd fit in I don't know. Anyone else think George might be putting in too much stuff in this film?

Those braids aren't long enough to be from Padawans and that would make Boba like the Dolph Lundgren character from Universal Soldier who collected ears......

jedijunky1138
He could have returned to Kamino for growth acceleration treatments.

PVS
NOOOOO!!!!!!!! DONT SAY THAT!!!!!!!! laughing out loud

i got hammered for even suggesting that

Cipher
Actually, Boba wasn't genetically tinkered with like the other clones. He is an exact, unaltered clone of Jango. So I doubt that it would be possible.

PVS
it isnt going to happen anyway.
GL states that he wont be able to fit in his suite,
so he will remain a young boy.

but who says he cant still commit some evil deeds? hmmmm?

Cipher
Well, now that is very true. But how is he going to fit into an already crowded movie?

Dan McCool
Man boba is gona help vader kill shaft because shaft is the one who killed his dad. Maybe he vaporizes him. Thats why vader and boba are friends.

Darth Surgent
One of the quotes regarding Boba in Ep.3 is "here, and especially in Episode 3, we will see why Boba Fett hates anything to do with the Skywalker family." I wasn't sure what to think when I saw that quote, but here's the theory I developed from it:

After Jango's death, Dooku serves as Boba's mentor, almost as Obi-Wan was to Luke. When Anakin Skywalker kills Dooku, Boba develops the aforementioned hatred of the Skywalker family.

Problems with the theory: Boba and Vader work together in ESB (even though they aren't really civil), so would that mean that Boba doesn't know Vader's identity, or has he just gotten over it.

Crazy additional theories: Dooku pulls an Obi-Wan and almost "knods" at Boba (who is hiding in the shadows), just as Skywalker kills him. Providing the "sacrifice" necessary to motivate Boba in his shift to cruelty.

**And now for a more likely theory: Boba hates Skywalker for killing Windu, which he wanted to do for himself (I find that much more likely, but will GL even address it?) Much simpler, much eaier to carry out.

PVS
what if anakin takes boba to the jedi temple, to slaughter the younglings? i can picture young boba walking out with a handful of braids and a satisfied evil grin....just a thought

Darth Surgent
I can't see GL doing that, but that's just my opinion. smile

PVS
oh yeah? well your opinion SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding laughing out loud stick out tongue

jedijunky1138
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...........THE DARK SIDE.................RUN AWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY

Red Superfly
This is gonna make Boba look like an idiot if he hates the Skywalker clan - yet stands side by side with Vader/Skywalker/a Jedi in Empire. WTF?

Why does he dislike the Skywalkers anyway? I was never under the impression he hated them. I was under the impression he was trying to kill Luke in ROTJ because he was f**king everything up for him - and because he was a Jedi.

What a mess.

Sith Master X
That's a good point.

SnakeEyes
no actually he would be around 14, or at least a teen in ep 3

PVS

Red Superfly
Did ANYBODY ever think Boba had something against the Skywalkers? Anybody? No?

Even when I was like 6 and watching the movies - i always knew Boba was trying to take out Luke because that's his job, and that Luke was gonna kill his best employer.

It would be interesting to find out why Boba becomes loyal to Jabba. I know he's a Bounty Hunter out for numero uno, but it's obvious he works closely with Jabba - why?

It's a shame we are very unlikely to find the answer to that.

PVS
yeah, i also doubt that will be explained.
but think about it, is it really necessary? boba needed a job,
he became a bounty hunter, jabba's a gangster...there ya go.

as far as boba hating the skywalkers? ZERO evidence of that,
and there is only evidence to the contrary. i doubt that quote is valid.

boba only has reason to hate mace and the jedi. thats it.

Red Superfly
Like also said "I am Luke Sywalker, Jedi Knight and friend of Captain Solo"

I think that's enough justification for Boba to hate him.

And yeah, seeing ANYTHING concerning Boba Fett isn't likely. I know this.

However, if they have the gall to show the Clonetroopers without their helmets on, and TEASE us with Fett's image, they should at least give us the real deal.

Master Kadub
I bet that Boba hates Skywalker no matter who that Skywalker maybe .....so I dont think Boba knows Vader is Anakin....

Boba probably does go darkside on the Jedi temple when the Emperor and Anakin takes it down.....it is his perfect opportunity to start collecting scalpes.....

Bartman99
that would save the whole movie and franchise
too bad lucas is too much of bastard to do it

DarthVader
Boba kills Mace Windu because of the Jango Insadent!

DarthVader
BTW u have to understand boba fett and lord vader were vary close in the EsB and u may not think so but i do,boba will take some jedi with anakin

Jedi Priestess
dream on

DarthVader
?????

Jedi Priestess
Boba Fett wont be doing any killing in ROTS.

PVS
you dont KNOW that!!!! stick out tongue

wanna place ANOTHER bet? stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
what that you are full of shit? you're on. eek! Boba Fett isnt killing anyone PVS.

DarthVader
Mabey... mabey not.. Dont u think if Jango got killed by Windu..that it would be that Windu should be killed by Boba..it makes alot of sense...but u could be right and probally are cuz what 13 year old is gunna kill A Jedi...o wait a sec...after jango died boba went to a planet where he was trained by some people to be a bounty hunter..that i think thats EU not sure...

Jedi Priestess
Anakin takes Mace down GL has already said it's key to his turn to the darkside.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.