(PS2/X-Box/Gamecube/PC) Which is Best?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

alic88
WHICH IS THE BEST

alic88
FOR ME IT IS THE SEGA 16 MB because when it came it was so huge. i played it all the time. i do have p-s-2 and it rocks but i have great memories with my old sega

Neo Is a Jedi
Ps2 is for final fantasy and all of the great games on it..but i love every system and own them all all but Dc i got rid of it i hated the DC.

ragesRemorse
you forgot super nintendo. That is the grand champ

BackFire
I am actually offended that you didn't list SNES or NES. Shame on you.

alic88
well sorry bout that but u can say SNES is the best and count the vote as 1. rages i though nintendo64 was super nintendo

Tex
I've used my newly acquired mod powers to add them for you smokin' Since you threw such a diva tantrum stick out tongue

--------
I voted for N64, cause some of my all time favorite games are on that system, and it brings back good memories! smile

crazy_c
I have to say Super Nintendo is my fave console cos it has all my favourite games on it

badkittykitty
NINTENDO 64 was my fav to; had zelda which I played non-stop and loads of other cool rp games,I have playstation 1&2 but honestly dont play 'em much.I am considering buying a game cube

movie_freak
SNES is my all time fav console

vvvrulz
SNES and Sega Genesis (called Mega Drive down here in nz).
They quite simply rock !!

slayer
Gamecube or super nintendo have lots of good memories with these 2!

Lord_Andres
I think that Sega Genisis was the best and still is, and secoud N64smile the best games for Sega were Goldenaxe 1 2 and3 and sonic2, and for N64 Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Doom64, and Mario Cart64smile

royal_jester
I picked the NES because that was the start for Nintendo's ever so running battle with companies such as Microsoft, Sony, and Sega

LindsIsTightK
My decision was stuck between Nintendo64 and Super Nintendo but I decided to go with 64 since it had Ocarina of Time on it and that is my favorite game of all time.

BackFire
Super Nintendo all the way. Had some of the greatest games of all time.

el_barto
PS2 hands down

LindsIsTightK
I don't get what the big deal is about the PS2. I never found any games on there that were all that exciting.

BackFire
PS2 is a bit over rated for sure. PS1 was a much better system with much better games.

LindsIsTightK
The only games I ever really liked on Playstation were the Crash Bandicoot games and the Final Fantasy games

Tex
PS2 is so big and long! Ugh! How 90s roll eyes (sarcastic)

royal_jester
laughing out loud i agree Tex

Nintendo all the way!big grin

Tex
thumb upyesthumb up

vvvrulz
Yeah, Playstation and PS2 are not addictive enough, and their games are too easy to clock. And hardcore 3D graphics just gets on my nerves. Go back to the 2D style's !! Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog, those games are classics !!

royal_jester
You have some big hands there Tex eek!

laughing out loud

J/kstick out tongue

royal_jester
Yeah Sonic, Mario, Zelda; Are very addictive indeedsmilebig grin

My favorite in order are

NES(introduced the joy of console gaming to a very young me)
Sega Genisus
PS2
Xbox
PS1

Tex
laughing out loud

You know what they say about men with big hands? smokin'

BackFire
They like little eskimo singers who dress up like it's halloween every day?

Tex
yes

slayer
same here.

badkittykitty
you say that like it wrong! laughing out loud

Lord_Andres
PS2 is indeed overrated, it has a lot of games yes, but almust every game I've tried on the PS2 sucks, N64 or SEGA Genesis hands downsmile

Tilien
Which do you like better and why? smile

SlipknoT
PS2 since it's the only one I have.

SpiderGurl
PS2 because my PS1 games work on it and it has final fantasy series. =D

Fearnix
what no Snes thumb down but any way PS2 is much better

Tilien
Woohoo someone else who likes FF big grin

Fearnix
FF game are great but people over look all the other game that came out at the same time its a shame

dave123
xbox and pc

§pearhead
This has been done many times...but I'll say PS2, cuz it's the only one I have

granted, I have a PC, but I only play Starcraft and Brood War on it erm

Linkalicious
PC is the best thing ever. It does everything the other systems do, only better.

The price kinda sucks, but it's capabilities are far greater...

xbox for sure

RaventheOnly
xbox for games... PC for the games that require a mouse

BlackHatDefect
PS2.Its the only system with a variety/good RPGs.X box is just...boring,nothing remotly well plotted.Gamecube is ok,but most of the games are kinda kiddie...

PunisherFan33
im going with PS2 only bcause they got better games. yes

The Force
viva la revolution rock

WindDancer
X-box for FPS.

forumcrew
PC just because it is the easiest to get games and easiest for online play but xbox is tight as well

JKozzy
The human eye can't interpret anything above 87 FPS or so, so 400 FPS isn't going to make a difference if we can't see the difference. Forget where I heard that, but I'm pretty sure that's true.

SaTsuJiN
FPS = first person shooter
he didnt mean frames per second... I dont think...

I like them all for at least one or two reasons, so I really have no point in choosing.

JKozzy
Oh, heh. Didn't think of that stick out tongue

In that case, I haven't tried shooters for Xbox, so I can't judge that yet.

Fearnix
name some good X-box FPS

ragesRemorse
Ps-2 because it has more variety in there games, a crap load more games, and far better game developers

moshtitan
X-box for graphics, ps2 for games, gamecube for multiplayer, and pc for online play. need i say more?

RaventheOnly
i don't know.... Halo... Unreal tourney... soldier of fortune 2 .... just for starters.... Doom and Starcraft ghost are to be ported to X-box to... every decent PS2 FPS, Xbox already has like Time Splitters...

most of the game companies PS2 once held are sharing with X-box now so i don't see the difference in that...

WindDancer
First Person Shooter. stick out tongue

WindDancer
Also House of the Death III, Armed and Dangerous, Silent Scope complete (which looks okay on both consoles)

ragesRemorse
yeah but the same goes for x-box. Game developers for the box shift to PS2 quite often.

RaventheOnly
which ones? Tom Clancy is the only ones i can think of that brang Splinter cell to PS2 but its graphics were diminished greatly

JKozzy
Not greatly, they'd diminish greatly if they were ported to PS1... but not PS2. You have any comparison pics? I didn't think they looked very different.

PunisherFan33
PS2 has better fighting and shooting games than all of the systems yes thumb up

Linkalicious
fighting and shooting games??

and praytell...which games would those be??? Most FPS and fighting games come out on multiple platforms...

Agent Elrond
I like GC for their "Only for..." games. I like Fox, Mario, Zelda, Samus, ect. They're all good games. PS2 does have more games, but the only agmes I would like are the FF games. X-Box is erm

RaventheOnly
tekken is the only fighting game that i can think of thats only PS2... and there hasn't been a good Tekken for a while erm

Xbox got spawn while PS2 got hitachi laughing out loud in soul caliber 2

xbox has dead or alive and tao fang ... what does PS2 have?

Halo ... soldier of fortune 2 and unreal blow everything PS2 has away in FPS .... everything else possibly mentioned is multiport erm

Rhino
PS2 all the way...gamecube has too many kiddy games

Shadow_King
my fav would be sega genisis. but since its not their i like GC and PS2 but i can only vote for one.

ska57
GAMECUBE!

ScarFace Clone
PS2- I say this becuse of all the games they have already Like MGS-2 and Socom1&2 and for the games that are coming out like San Andreas and MGS-3. Thats why i think PS2 is better.

ScarFace Clone
Well Raven the only most people who have PS2 like 3 peson shoters more then first or at least every one who lives by me. I dislike first person shoters exept for halo with isent the best game.

Red Superfly
I pity people that don't understand what each console has to offer. They'd rather live in their little hole, pretending their console is the best (or are just plain ignorant to the fact any others EXIST). How sad.

Every console has it's strong point. Me personally I prefer the XBox.

My PS2 gets used a lot by my little brother (which says a lot for it's so called "grown-up" image), and I play Pro Evo Soccer on it a lot too.

My Gamecube gets used once in a blue moon, but it's worth having for those gaming classics like Zelda and Metroid.

My XBox gets used the most. It has the most features, it does everything the PS2 can do and more. It's games are generally better than Sony's offerrings. It has almost every PS2 game on it anyway.

Apart from Gran Turismo, the PS2 is really struggling with big AAA exclusives.

WindDancer
yes

Those are early signs of Fanboyism.

ScarFace Clone
I did not say that the only system i like is PS2 I said Halo is the best first person shoter out there, I just added that it is not the best Game over all.

Master Revan
XBOX Because of FPS and no memory card required and MP3 built in and custom sound tracks

ScarFace Clone
Yeah no memory car but if you want to play you saved game at a friends you have to bring your whole xbox or go out and buy a memory card.

joelcool7
nintendo X-box PS2

Nintendo of course reveiled its still the #1 in gaming.
Its Ds is bound to crush PSP who had just anounced they were cutting the online play to cut costs.

The gamecube is superior to X-BOX and PS2 in numerous ways.

I have an official rating below

Gcn
1.controls- 5/5
2.technologic advances-5/5
3.graphics -4.5/5
4.soundsystem - 3/5

The game cubes wireless and easy controls make the cubes controlers easy to manuver.The cube utalizes the best in AI technology and a high loading speed. The graphics card is just as good if not superior to the X-BOX. the surround sound and sterio is alright.

PS2
1.controls- 3/5
2.technologic advances-1.5/5
3.graphics -2/5
4.soundsystem -3/5

The PS2 is old technology released to go up against its seperior dreamcast its front loading system is annoying and easy to break. It has only two control sockets. I must say the system is obsolite.

X-BOX
1.controls- 4/5
2.technologic advances-2/5
3.graphics -4/5
4.soundsystem -3/5

the x-box is a superior peice of technology controls are bulky the box is bulky.The technological advances are little their computer chips are massive the console takes a long loading period. the graphics are of good quality but they could be improved their are too many glitches in games like halo mechassault.the soundsystem is poor quality the sounds can be ajusted its bad mono and good sarround sound.

your choice

Nintendo is going to have a supperior game line for 2005. X-box has one good game

Magee
GC will have a superior game line 2005? . Go into any computer games shop and u'll find the shitty GC games at the back cramed in between gameboy games. Name me 5 good games that have cum out on GC this yr? Viewtiful Joe and.... Thats it 1 game. Technological advances? lol plz name sum. Graphics 5/5? wow wat GC do u have? Hey i think i'll go play online with my GC, oh shit they dont have an online network. Oh i know i'll take it to my friends house using this little nifty handle!

PS2 made to rival DC? lmao, the dreamcast was made to rival the PS1. The ps2 is by far the better of the 3. The choice of games is just un rivaled, the graphics on the xbox r equal to that of the ps2 and the GC lol well wat can i say. it only has two contoler sockets!! Buy a multi tap! eek!

Now i dont have an X-Box so im not sure on this. I have playeed Halo and Glitches? fuk any amount of Glitches in one of Xboxs game couldnt amount to how shit the GC is.

I have a Gamecube and a PS2 and i know that the PS2 is far superior to it. I must admit the GC is small and cute but it just cant compete with the ps2.

NOW! DS bound to crush the PSP? hahahaha. Oh wait u were being serious? Well looks at DS. Two Screens!! and 32 bit graphics. PSP. Graphics not far off the ps2. MP3, loads of nifty gadgets, sleek and so fuking cool! I think a lot of people will be going for the PSP. If not for these reasons then just for a change from Nintendo.

JKozzy
PSP will be better than DS, but I'm getting both yes

Royal Knight
Xbox has way better graphics than the PS2 and GCN...but PS2 has the biggest library of games since it has been out on the market longer

As with Nintendo...they keep losing 3rd party developers and now they have to rely on their own company to make games..and their games suck big time--Nintendo should do something to grab more fans

I wonder if the next generation of systems will bring better technological advances???...hmm let us see

Magee
I read somewhere that Nintendo plan to have the first home virtual reality kit by 2012.

unknownrocker
ps2 rocks,pc isnt good for good games,gamecubes kool, and x-box blows chunks

unknownrocker
Gcn
1.controls 5/5
2.technologic advances 5/5
3.graphics 3.5/5
4.soundsystem -4/5
5.games 4/5

PS2
1.controls 5/5
2.technologic advances 5/5
3.graphics 5/5
4.soundsystem 5/5
5.games 5/5

X-BOX
1.controls 2/5
2.technologic advances 4/5
3.graphics 4/5
4.soundsystem 3/5
5games 2/5

WindDancer
It's a Mario thing....

Primitive Screwhead
PS2: Backwards compatibility
GC: Zelda, Metroid, and the ability to play GBA titles through the expansion module
XBOX: Halo, MechAssault and Ninja Gaiden, and built in hard drive
PC: Best for FPS games and processing power, Starcraft/Warcraft/Diablo

Bottom line: ain't no one that's better than the other to me. They all have their advantages.

cal31
Halo, Chronicles of Riddick, R63, Return to Castle Wolfeinstein, Ghost Recon, and soon Halo 2, Half Life 2, Far Cry, Doom 3, Republic Commando all for XBOX

cal31
Can I hear your explanation why Ps2 rocks and xbox blows? Is it because Xbox has a hard drive, has a better online service, has more computing power, and has almost all the best games on PS2, plust some of the best games not made for PS2 because it couldn't handle it, etc? laughing laughing laughing

unknownrocker
the only games that are worth it are halo and doom -o ya and my saying once again-halo is good but overrated
hard disk is kool ive always thought all systems should have that
but i dont like x-box live it is pure stupidity

unknownrocker
im probly gettin both too but i want more info on psp

cal31
You don't think Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Halo 2, Half Life 2, Far Cry, or Chronicles of Riddick is worth it?

Goth_Girl
no offence 2 any1 but i really preffure pc 2 gmecube and xbox and all that cuz like u get 2 do so much more with pc's than u can with platform games stick out tongue

Magee
Very true. But if u want ur PC to play games like an xbox or PS2 or even better than that, ur gonna need to spend a considarable amount of money.
Thats funny coz everything there is just ur opinion bar the hard drive. Wat good is a hard drive if i wanna play a saved game at a friends?

lmao. The only good games there are Halo, halo 2, far cry and possibly half life 2.

Goth_Girl

Magee

cal31
Ureka, it's called a memory card!!!!!!!!! Xbox has memory cards too so if you want to play a saved game at a friends house you can!!! Too bad you don't know more about what you're talking about. And if all you want to do is save games for home, you don't need to buy the 50 memory cards that it would take to equal the hard drive. Shows how much you know wheny you don't even think R63, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Chronicles of Riddick, Doom 3, or Ghost recon are good games. Question, have you even played any of those games at all? Or are you just saying that because you have to stick up for the piece of crap that is a PS2.

Kael
PC, everything you ever wanted, plus more. simple as that.

Magee
I have played Riddick. Return to Castle Wolfenstien is crap along with its pre-decesor, R63 sounds shit, Doom is repetative and boring and i played Ghost Recon for about 5 minutes, nothing new there. And u should try reading my post. I never said anything about memory cards i just said it is wat a lot of people do, go play games at friends or wat not. You said its an advantage of the Xbox having a hard drive i said its not because of that. As for the memory card statement (fs not u said though) i have had my ps2 since the christmas it came out and ive also had the same memory card since then, 1 does me fine.

Goth_Girl
doom3 is vgood

unknownrocker
By halo i meant the whole series
im not a big fan of Half life and i think CoR sux
wolfenstein is good
but im not even sure wat farcry is like

Magee
Far Cry is just another fps with suped up graphics to make people believe its the best thing since sliced bread.

unknownrocker
i dont understand why people think games are awesome just kuz they have good graphics
some of the best games ever (grandtheft auto 3,VC, and SA)dont have great graphics like Final fantasy and other games

dark1365
Xbox. Why? Because of Halo. The singular reason. That, and Halo 2. I swear, me and my friends 're gonna be camping outside Future Shop, November 9. Tuesday. Five weeks from now.

pr1983
ps2, the selection of games, metal gear solid 3, pro evolution soccer 4, gta vice city, onimusha series, tekken, soul caliber

thats just my opinion, and yes there are certain games i wish i could play on other consoles

btw far cry wasnt all that great, doom 3 was better

cal31
Grand theft auto is the most overrated game ever. It has absolutely no story line and the only reason people like is because you can shoot people and random and crap like that.

pr1983
there are plenty of missions in gta, what about the fact its almost a full city to explore? sure the random is good, but theres more to it than that.

Emma718
Gamecube ROCKS, can not wait for the new Zelda game next year big grin

Kael
I think it all depends on what sort of games you like.
Such as PC good for strategy, FPS, simulation.
GC is good for puzzle, kids games and driving.
and the xbox and PS2 have the same games near anough, but good for driving, sports games and some action games.

just my opinion on things

unknownrocker
wow man the whole game and all the missions are all part of 1 singular storyline.
And who doesnt like stealing car,killin cops, and doin hos in the back of ur car

unknownrocker
i have X-box and im getting halo 2
I like halo alot but i dont think it is the greatest game ever

ZomBiE_HunTER
gamecube becuz i jus lik it and the games it got

olyoly
I voted gamecube because im a big fan of mario but i like as much Computer because we can do evreything smile

Magee
I have a GC and there is sum fairly descent games for it, Viewtiful Joe, about 50 star wars games lol, Super Smash Bros Melee and the sonic series. But it is never going to be the best console.
No story line? No the games r just based around mafia and gangsters and you trying to take over and become feared around the city. Because u can shoot people? Well i would say that about Halo. But u can massacre people and have the army and everything after u. Would u prefer to run a buisness and have ur own compnay in a game? I suppose that does sound fun wink

Caboose
well I think they all rock.

ps2- largest bse of games, many awsome developers, like namco ect. a good solid online plan. lots of nice titles like gta, final fantasy, ace combat 4-5, great 3rd party support. eye toy is neat. has some more peculiar small time games.

cons- not the comfiest controller, it's online plan isnt as cohesive as it could be, it doesnt have as many great games as I would like(dont read into it). graphics not always up to par with x-box and gamecube.

x-box
pro-hard drive: no memory cards..unless your going to a friends house. you dont have to shell out like you do for the FF11 ps2 hard drive. it stores all sorts of crap, and makes downloads a breeze.
strong online service- very cohesive and in my opinion well built beyond the subpar ps2 online devices. it has a strong graphics proccessor, and has some really great franchises, as well as cool stuff like steel battalion(and it godly controller(also usable to beat burglars to death). can handle some larger stuff, that some consols would have to tune down from the pc. lan Halo parties. 4 controlelr ports

cons: the first version of the controller sucked...hard, and even the 2nd ver doesnt make everyone happy. memory cards are a pain to find, and going online cost a bundle. has nice stuff, but you might have to be choosy. watching dvd's is a unwanted pain.

gamecube: really innovative, a nice proccessor, 4 cotroller ports, connectivity allows for neat extra's, some great franchises like mario and zelda. a comfy contoller(in my opinion), and pretty good support from the more well known allies of nintendo.

cons: not as many adult titles as you would like. resident evil and the like can only do so much. small memory cards. its purple and has a handle. not as many 3rd party support from other companies as expected. connectivity- a 2 sided sword. its asome when it works well,

Caboose
*contunued*
but cost a ton to make it work at times, good luck finding the cable. online plan- what online plan? controller has to small a control pad, and the c-stick is to small and edgy. sometimes you buy rehashed ideas.

Morgoths_Wrath
which is better?

Yuna33
ps2.
hands down.

SaTsuJiN
PC....because consoles are made from lower grade PC parts..

edwinian
Console.....but worth while having a PC machine that will run the good MP games.

Kael
PC without a doubt.

you are able to do the same as a console, plus aload more.

Walfredo
Consoles are awesome because there are fixed points for updating hardware. Computers change so often that you loss the ability to play newer games unless you have $$ for new hardware.

However, if you do have the $$ then I envy you and your Rome Total War...

Caboose
this isnt even a fair question.

they cant be compared.

also their ALREADY IS ONE OF THESE THREADS.

cal31
if I had $3,000 to get a high end PC, then yes I would get one because top of the line PCs own all, but I choose Xbox because you can't beat getting basically middle of the line PC for $200.

Caboose
if u mod it and put linux on their with the crack open variety, you can add a switch in so your not banned by X-box live. you hit the switch to turn linux on, and flick it off when you wanna play live. I would never mod of course, im such a warranty freak, i would never damage somehting that cost 300. dollars. if it broke I could never fix it. ( that is the tactic companies use to limit modding)

Caboose
also, THE GAMECUBE COST 200 bucks when it came out, not the X-box. I always refer to the original price. now it is kinda low end PC for 179.

MC Mike
Holy sh*t... you need to realize these are totally different things!

Consoles are gaming machines. Other than average hardware that is quickly outdated, it boasts one good quality. Price.

PCs are machines capable of running billions of items at once. You can listen to music while browsing the web while downloading music while typing an essay while....

That is why PCs cost more, and that is why, unless you can afford it, you should use Consoles instead of PCs for gaming.

I, myself, have a top of the line PC. I update with a new graphics card each year (About $100-$200), and a new processor every two years (About $300). Consoles can wipe my ass when it comes to graphics, but I can wipe their ass when it comes to price.

Walfredo
I like how you switched from they couldn't be compared to comparing them. Nice.

unknownrocker
lol

Christopher
Well our PC doesn't have as many games as it use too, our XBox is the game station and the PC for everying else. smile

thegreatrudini
Both of the playstations suck ass big time X box is way better with out a doubt. But id rater play games on a pc anyday consoles suck. Used to love me old mega drive tho

Morgoths_Wrath
Super Nintendo was a console legend. It has so many classic games. Let it be the greatest of all.

dark1365
Sega Saturn had many good MKTrilogy memories. But Halo brings back much more. Ahhh.....Halo.

ChickinMeat

Shadow_King
SEGA GENISIS or PS2 or GC any system will do fine.

zl i
whitch in your opinion is the best one?

Phoenix Aska
Everyone knows that the Xbox is the best despite being new to the console world....

It may not have a lot of games out...but it has the most impressive selction

BackFire
PS2. Has numerous good games, and more great ones then any other system.

Morridini
I think the Game Cube is best.
These kind of polls are actually pointless as everybody has their own opinions. But it's also nice to know what the majority prefers.

SaTsuJiN
I'd have to say Xbox myself. even though the 'best sellers' are few in between , when they arrive they rock the house.

dean7879
the games i play on ps2 are pro evolution soccer and gta

for the xbox i play championship manager and halo

for me them games keep my ps2 and xbox from getting dusty

game wise, both consoles are equal

zl i
wdf man! that was my topic i h8 u

Unholy_Cheese
blink huh?

dave123
i own both a PS2 and XBOX (and clearly a PC) - but no GC

I use my PC the most (but NEVER for games), I never touch my PS2 and xbox easily comes first for gaming big grin

Unholy_Cheese
XBoxes r to big i reckon messed

wicker_man
PC, mainly from my perspective that i can play online (as i don't have a PS2 or X-Box connection).

dave123
i very rarely move mine erm and even when i do, its not THAT heavy, really
i mean, i don't need a forklift stick out tongue

MC Mike
You CAN'T compare consoles to a PC!!!

For fecks sake, it's not fair to either. PCs will always be leagues ahead in graphics, speed, and power. Plus, PCs do much more than play games and DVDs. Once a console comes out, there are very little changes made to it. Nothing big enough to let it even try to be as good as a PC.

And consoles have a huge advantage. Mobility. A good computer is not moving. A normal console goes everywhere. Ever heard of multiplayer on the same system? That's a console.

SaTsuJiN
Meh.. in this case PC reigns.. free online multiplayer, media playback and adjustable settings for every aspect

thegreatrudini
my pc beats the shit out of any bloody console

ragesRemorse
Online play does not appeal to me, so this factor cancels out the PC forme. X-box and PS2 are virtually the same system, but PS2 has more and funner games, that is why i'll choose PS2. GC is a nice solid little system to though, but doesnt have enough games that appeal to me.

Unholy_Cheese
16 votes for a Gamecube? what the hell?

dark1365
Yeah, I know. Bit suprising.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>