Fallout 3!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rusky
Well, I just heard Fallout 3 won't be seeing the light of day anytime soon, from what I could make out, Blackisle is no more and interplay have decided to abandon the project.... sad

Fallout 2 was my favourite game of all time....must've finished the thing like 10 times over.

I'm sure F3 is going to eventually be released, but definitley not by interplay and I'm worried it might not live up to the hype....and the series.

It's just what already happend to many good series (Master of Orion, Heroes of M&M, etc..).

So many times I've wished someone would make the same damn game with a new story and better graphics....but just that.

LanceWindu
Never heard of any of those games. blink

rusky
Really ? They're about 6years old, but really cool nevertheless....

SaTsuJiN
lol.. masters of orion is too huge to give it some fancy new graphics. As for fallout, sorry but I've never heard of it

rusky
well yeah it's big...but it's possible... and not necesarily fancy...just...uh...noticeable wink

Creechuur
I'm stoked that its finally getting made, but I'm not too sure about Bethseda. They seem to be more interested in letting everyone know theyve played Fallout 1 and 2 than in making the game! Whats worse is the glaring mistakes they make when they talk about the games theyve supposedly played...

This from a QA guy working on the game:
"Oh and Fallout Tactics was my favorite out of the bunch. I know they don't directly tie in but I loved Fallout 1 and 2 because of the story. I absolutely hated the combat because real-time was a little too frantic and turn-based was a little too slow. Tactics took the worst part of Fallout (to me anyway) and turned it into a really great experience and a great game to play."

I've played Fallout 1 and 2 more times than I care to admit, and there is NO real time combat. In addition, the lack of story in Fallout Tactics pretty much removes it from the RPG genre. You don't appeal to fans by saying Tactics is your favorite of the series. This kinda crap does not inspire confidence in me. Bethseda should stop worrying about the media and forums and get to work. This game is VERY serious to a lot of people out there, and they better hope they get it right. bethseda has a questionable reputation with fans as it is, this game could make or break them.

ragesRemorse
man i was really excited about playing fallout, but i installed it in my computer and it caused major malfunctions, and i cant even un-install it. So ihave all this major god damn space being taken up by a game i cant play or un-install.

RaventheOnly
Bethsedas making it!!!! they made the elder scrolls series big grin

BackFire
hmmm....I dunno about this, new companies taking on big franchises usually don't work out too well. We'll have to see how it turns out.

rusky
I absolutley loved the fallouts... still haven't played tactics.... I'd hope fallout 3 will still be izometrical or similar...

BackFire
I enjoyed Tactics quite a bit, but it's in a completely different genre from the others.

rusky
yes..it's an RTT, real time tactics... it's very much like commandos so I'm not sure why everybody started shouting when it came out... it never wanted to continue the series... it was just using the franchise...

MasterWizard
Bethesda has been around for nearly 10 years, so they aren't really new.

BackFire
I didn't mean new as in a rookie company, I meant new as in a different company from the original makers of the game.

Creechuur
"yes..it's an RTT, real time tactics"

I played the game turn-based, as I hate real time strat games.

I enjoyed Tactics, but it wasn't really a Fallout game, as far as story and replayability. It was a fun tactical combat game, but I really missed wandering around towns, having the choice to help people or become public enemy number 1.

The thing I'm worried about is Bethseda's history of 3d type games, in addition to the updated graphics of the industry in general. Its going to be natural to want to update the game engine and make the graphics look as good as possible, but to me Fallout is an isometric 2d game, and it should stay that way. Updates are nice. Tactics looked 10 times better than Fallout 2 without making game fully 3d or adding a lot of bells and whistles that distract from the overall game. Lets hope Bethseda doesn't go too far.

WrathfulDwarf
The Countdown for the Trailer is on it's way.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Some screenshots.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/2169/633142176318151534vl0.jpg

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/3778/633142179222976693nx0.jpg

There is also the news that Liam Neeson (Qui-Gon/ Ra's Al Ghul) will be doing the voice of a character.

Stay tune for updates. smile

RaventheOnly
Bethaseda pwns for story and environment big grin this should rock big grin

WrathfulDwarf
Teaser Trailer:

uxSdbSNckTQ

SaTsuJiN
yeah the environment is truly stunning.. cant wait to see more of it

WrathfulDwarf
I'm thinking how large this game can be....4 years in the making?

Bethesa has to deliver.

The j0keR
I couldnt live as a gamer in Australia. They just banned Fallout 3. blink

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6193496.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;2

Morridini
What basis do they have for rating that game already?

JKozzy
It's coming out in the fall....? That's not reason enough? blink

Morridini
We have had no info on it other then a short teaser trailer? Is that enough to give it a rating?

JKozzy
We don't, developers submit early game builds to the ratings system(s) so they can get an established rating going. That way, if say, The Force Unleashed is going for a "T" rating, they know during development what to cut out and change while they're still actually making the game, instead of having to submit a final product a week before release and then saying "oh s***, we have to go back and completely redo all of these levels, models and textures so we can get our 'T' rating instead of the 'M' they're slapping us with."

Morridini
So E3 gave us the first look at their gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36197.html

I thought it looked interesting, I would love to see how a peaceful character could get through what happened in this demo.

Also, 100 hours of gameplay? Didn't like the sound of that too much.

Smasandian
Looks awesome.

I like how you can play FPS style, or RPG style.

Cant wait.

I assume that's including sidequests and everything.

RocasAtoll
Looks brilliant. Can't wait.

Smasandian
Saw the 1up show, and he was going through it.

Looks even more awesome.

Morridini
Got a link for that one Smas?

Smasandian
Cool show.

http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3145462

Outbound
Originally posted by The j0keR
I couldnt live as a gamer in Australia. They just banned Fallout 3. blink

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6193496.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;2

Yeah what the ****, just found that out. But looks like the ban was lifted:
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/896/896091p1.html
Looks like all they have to do is rename the drugs..

Which is weird cause I've seen Fallout 3 being advertised in every game shop for months with no mention of a ban....

Australia is such a ****ing communist country.

Smasandian
Usually, giving a game an AO rating I dont have a problem with.

But thats just retarded.

The j0keR
Originally posted by Smasandian
Usually, giving a game an AO rating I dont have a problem with.

But thats just retarded.

Just as good as a ban, no one will sell them.

Smasandian
Not what I meant.

I meant that sometimes games do warrent an AO rating and people complain about that it got it.

I dont have a problem with that because sometimes in warrented.

But this is different. This is a ban because some drugs are called the same as the real things. Morphine is morphine. Nothing wrong with calling it the real thing.

Morridini
Well in Australia AO is an automatic ban.

Smasandian
I know.

Outbound
A couple of renames, some removed animations and we get Fallout 3 as close to unaltered as we can getw00t

http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/898/898387p1.html

"The drugs depicted are fictional; drugs are depicted as stylised icons on a menu with the drug use itself not depicted. Whilst navigating a post-apocalyptic futuristic landscape, players can invoke the use of a variety of "chems" listed by fictitious names which include "Buff", "Rad-X", "Psycho" and "Ultrajet".

Smasandian
Again, that was retarded.

I cant believe they wanted to ban a game because of a few drugs being called the real names.

Banning a game for over the top gore is one thing, that just retarded.

The j0keR

Banning a game for over the top gore is one thing, that just retarded.

Which this game has, but yet they didnt mind. stick out tongue

WrathfulDwarf
It's Official!

October 28,2008 Fallout 3 will be release for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

Morridini
Great, hopefuly it will be as good as it looks.

The j0keR
Finally, the games are coming out again. October will be full with Fable, Saints Row, and then finally Fallout. stick out tongue

Menetnashté
So fill me in here I haven't played any of the previous games. I've heard this is going to be kind of like Oblivion, is that fairly accurate, I'm on a Dial-up computer for awhile otherwise I'd look it up myself erm

Smasandian
Umm, should be like Oblivion.

I think its more action than Oblivion, and side missions are better.

This is from what I read though, so I dont really know.

The j0keR
Im just hoping for more voice actors and faces, if it does that on top of what Oblivion did, I will be happy.

Morridini
Also unlike Oblivion they make you go to a location first before you can TP there, I did that anyways when playing Oblivion 'cause I felt that the TP was cheating.

Smasandian
That would make sense to have to go there before you can warp, but also nice to have that option for people who dont like walking around for minutes to get somewhere.

I like walking around, or riding a horse in Oblivion. What I though was annoying was those ****ing wolves chasing you half way around the map.

Morridini
New five-parter, we get to see parts of the game we've not seen before, and I must say I enjoy the graphics and level of detail a lot.

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V

The j0keR
Gameplay looks fantastic, but character interaction looks just as terrible as Oblivion. erm

I love the power glove and the rail gun, especially the rail gun. laughing out loud Im heading straight for the Super Duper Mart. big grin

Mairuzu
Looks like Bioshock

Smasandian
A post apocalyptic 3rd person RPG based on a surface devastated by nuclear explosions and the action is controlled by dice rolls and stats based attacks (which you can use in real time, or paused) is similar to an 1950's esq first person based on the bottom of the ocean.

What the ****?

Blax_Hydralisk
They're both post-apocalyptic (In a sense) with mutated retards running around being retarded.

I can see the similarities.

This game looks awesome though.

Blax_Hydralisk
It's kind of ****ed up how he killed that whole town though. The sadists will get a kick out of this game. It's "bad deeds" don't seem nearly as cheesy as KOTOR's.

Morridini
Indeed, and I also very much like how it's your actions and not what you say that affects your Karma.

Many times I've gotten the opposite Karma I've wanted to get in games because the option just sounded reasonable, especially in the KotORs and Mass Effect. Here you can go around being rude, but as long as you do the right thing, your Karma goes up.

Only negative point I can see from that Demo is that it seems liek they haven't taken as much time to polish the people in the world, cmpared to the world itself.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
They're both post-apocalyptic (In a sense) with mutated retards running around being retarded.

I can see the similarities.

This game looks awesome though.

Its not post apocalyptic though and the whole idea behind Bioshock is completely different.

A mutated retards running around, thats basically half the games in the world.

One is FPS with a weapon system based on eye hand coordination, and it has some "magic" like things.

The other is a 3rd person RPG with skill based damage system and the ability to pause while attacking. Im pretty sure there isnt any sort of "magic" element.

They have nothing similar about them outside of few generic things.

EDIT: I forgot that it does have a FPS view, but not played like an FPS game.

Blax_Hydralisk
I'm not referring to the gameplay, Smas. I'm referring to the setting.

Dude, it is Post-Apocalyptic.

Quote from fallout;s website:

or 200 years, Vault 101 has faithfully served the surviving residents of Washington DC and its environs, now known as the Capital Wasteland. Though the global atomic war of 2077 left the US all but destroyed, the residents of Vault 101 enjoy a life free from the constant stress of the outside world..

And yes the mutant thing is incredibly common. No one said it was a bad thing, though. Even though the setting is hardly original, I think this game looks awesome.

Morridini
EDIT: I forgot that it does have a FPS view, but not played like an FPS game.

Well you can if you want to.

Smasandian
I know Fallout 3 is post apocalyptic, I mean Bioshock is not.

I think the game is going to be awesome too.

But the game does not remotely look like Bioshock at all. Its completely different.

NonSensi-Klown
Bioshock is post apocalyptic from a certain point of view. There was a major disaster within Rapture that resulted in the destruction of quite a lot of people, and you're dealing with the survivors of the disaster.

Morridini
I think Apopalyctip is on a much bigger scale then a small under-water city, this is after all the whole world gone down the drain.

NonSensi-Klown

Smasandian
I dont think Rapture is considered apocalyptic because it only affects a certain few people.

It's like saying a small town being ravaged by war as apocalyptic.

But in any case, the look, the idea of Fallout 3 is nowhere close to similiar as Bioshock. ****, the whole colour scheme is grey, brown and washed out while in Bioshock, its vibrant and Unreal Enginesque. One is RPG, the other FPS. One is based on movies like The Road Warrior, while the other (so I've read) is based on Ayn Rand and the 50's.

Even the enemies are different. One are mutants, in Bioshock there crazed lunatics.

NonSensi-Klown
Do I really need to start breaking out semantics? no expression

Smasandian
Doesnt really matter because Fallout 3 is different than Bioshock. Doesnt look like it, doesnt play like it and setting is different.

NonSensi-Klown
No... no it's not. You don't think Rapture can be counted as post-apocoalyptic, but it is.

yes, if a single town is utterly destroyed and only a fraction of it's ppopulation survive, it can be considered post-apocalytpic.

Technically. Of those insane people running around, many are enhanced somewhat and have gone insane. They hav been mutated. You, the main character, is a mutant.

Semantics, but I'm still right. Technically.

BackFire
Bioshock isn't post-apocalyptic. Rapture isn't a civilization, it's a city. A civilization has a much larger scope than just a city.

The two games have no similarities other than they both involve guns and shooting weirdos and they're both thematically dark. They are different genres, they have different tones and settings, different looks and different styles.

NonSensi-Klown

Morridini
Fallout is the entire world though, not just the US.

BackFire

NonSensi-Klown
*backs out of thread slowly*

You win this round, Backfire.... but we shall meet again!

<-@ST->
By the way, this game looks great. laughing out loud

BackFire
It really does. Having just watched the GT demo, it looks outstanding.

I love the idea that finally, your choices will actually have noticeable effects on the world. Being able to wipe out and entire town of the game is outstanding. Hopefully there are more large scale decisions in the game besides that one.

NonSensi-Klown
Agreed. I wonder though, at that part in the demo where you stumble upon that chick getting killed by the Scorpion, if you had killed the Scorpion would she have attacked you afterwards or befriended you? If it's the latter, I think it'd be kind of cool.

Morridini
Yeah I was thinking the same thing, hopefully she would react as a person, and not just a mob.

Also, I really hope this nuke isn't the only huge thing you can do in the game. Would be so typical that they would show it off now to get hype up, and then nothing more like that would be in the game.

<-@ST->
So is anyone not doing the nuke on the first play since we have already seen it? stick out tongue

Smasandian
I'm interesting about the life in the vault, and how long it takes to venture outside.

Morridini
Well it's said that we will play through bits of our characters life in the Vault, selected periods of his growing up. But I doubt it would last that long, perhaps comparable to the time it took us to exit the dungeons in Oblivion?

Originally posted by &lt;-@ST-&gt;
So is anyone not doing the nuke on the first play since we have already seen it? stick out tongue

Yeah, my first playthrough will most likely be as a good guy, I prefer to always play naturally the first time, and then go nuts the second time.

Smasandian
Going from interviews, I thought it would be longer than that.

CaptainStoic
I have played every Fallout game that has been produced, and I must say that I can't wait to get my hands on this game. I have played both Bioshock and as I stated Fallout, and if Bioshock was the new Fallout, I would be pissed.

There are some similarities like the old 50's look but that's really as far as it goes. The Pip Boy in the Fallout series is the thing that defined the game. Without it you basically have a shooter with no RPG elements.

I just went to game trailers to check out all of the spoilers, and I was simply blown away, my love for this series has been rekindled after the failed attempt called the Brotherhood of Steel that was launched on the original X-Box, and PS2.

You guys have to go to game trailers to see what I'm talking about if you haven't yet.

Morridini
We've already got plenty of links to GT in this thread, have you seen the Megaton demonstration (posted by me on previous page)?

@stroFan
I hate Australia. miffed

The edits they made to be released in Australia will be in all versions of the game. erm

http://www.gamerchip.com/fallout-3-edited-version-now-the-only-version/

Smasandian
Meh, they only renamed the drugs. Is it that big of a deal?

So your using Pain Killer instead of Morphine.

@stroFan
Yeah I know. stick out tongue

But it just aggravates me. Its like Australia is the stupid kid who screws up and gets everyone punished for his mistakes. lol

Smasandian
Hahaha.

But they have nice beaches!!!

hahahahah...gotta love that reference.

@stroFan
Where is Mist? Im holding him personally responsible. laughing out loud

Outbound
Suckers evil face

@stroFan
*has uncensored hooker sex in GTA4 to get back Australia*

Outbound
We have hooker sex in ours mhm

Morridini
IGN has tested Fallout 3 and written a little article:

Source: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/911/911919p1.html

WrathfulDwarf
I just saw the preview for the game. It looks like Oblivion meets Bioshock....which is really great! The gore scenes look very impressive! I wishd Oblivion had the same brutal killing scenes.

Because I'm a whore for special editions..I'm debating whether to get the limited edition or the survival edition from Amazon.

Damn! So many choices. mmm

Morridini
What do they contain?

WrathfulDwarf
The Survival Edition from amazon comes with everything except a Power Armor Figurine (which is only for UK customers)

THE JLRTENJAC
Blasted UK dwellers mad

stick out tongue

Nemesis X
I was browsing around Joystiq.com and found out that Fallout 3 is going to have 200 different endings.

WrathfulDwarf
The gore scenes are really attractive. yes

Outbound
"Once inside Tenpenny Tower, I found out that the local law enforcement not only hates Roy Phillips, they want the whole cadre of ghouls dealt with. I, of course, accepted the quest and went in search of the entrance to the tunnels the ghouls live in. At the heart of the tunnel, after fighting numerous feral ghouls, you'll find Roy and his friends. You don't have to kill them, of course. If you decide to talk to them and befriend the troupe, you can go on a series of quests with some very cool rewards, according to Bethesda, that I won't spoil here. I just killed them and went back to Tenpenny Tower for my reward." - IGN

Cool, multiple choice quests.

@stroFan
This is my most anticipated game of the holidays, I can not wait. big grin

Outbound
Just watched a bunch of gameplay vids, looks awesome. I wonder if you can kill that Mister Burke guy(or whatever his name was), I would love to go activate the nuke, run up to the tower, wait for him to tell me to blow it up, then just turn around and shoot him in the face. evil face

@stroFan
Since I have already seen the nuke, im going to save the city instead. In IGN's week of videos they said you become famous in Megaton and get a house there if you save the town. If you destroy it you get a sweet in Tenpenny Tower.

Morridini
I wonder if you can return to Megaton, I would get the residual radiation would be a good reason to keep you away from it, but if you play the game long enough the radiation should fade...

FistOfThe North
I saw a few trailers for this game last night. I don't know what the hype is all about cause i have no idea what the games about but from what i saw and heard from the games designers and producers yesterday, it looks like it may have some potential..

It kinda reminded me of Bioshock. From the retro atmosphere down to the antique look of it, even the music was old fashioned. It sounded like music from the 30's or 40's.

It had a crazy option screen similar to bioshock that had tons of useable non-weapon items.

I liked how each trailer ended with the game trailer screen dissolving/fading into black, with the "Fallout" title appearing in the middle, with the word "out" in "Fallout" dissolving/fading into black and turning into "2008" reading "Fall 2008" The dissolvement in that part/segment looked like it was happening due to radiation, hehe.

That's the coolest intro/outro i've seen since the Metal Gear Solid 2 mag advertisement where on one page you had just a black, blank page with a big red exclamation mark dead center, right in the middle, indicating the exclamation marks that appear over the heads enemies in the m.g.s. games whenever they discover you. And on the next page you had another black, blank page with 2 red exclamation marks and the launch date underneath. No title, just that, and you just knew what it was.. (i think the word "konami" was at the bottom corner in very small print but you'd have to really look. It was almost unnoticeable.

Same thing with Grand theft Auto 4. Where you just had the "IV" and that's all you needed to know..

But yea, Fallout 3 looks good. Hopefully a demo'll be out soon so i can try it out.

Morridini
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
cause i have no idea what the games about

Basically there was a huge atomic war sometime during the 50s which almost destroyed the entire world, now about 300 years later we play a dude who has grown up in a bomb shelter (In Fallout it's simply called a "Vault"wink, and who's ancestors all lived in thr Vault since the 50s. The game is about him leaving the Vault in search of his father, more specifics of the storyline I don't think they have released.

FistOfThe North
wow 300 years. Who are the enemies like nuke mutants or somethin'. I couldn't make out who they were cause they were shooting from afar throughout debris and rubble. I thought i saw one that looked a combine soldier outta HL2.

RocasAtoll
Originally posted by Morridini
Basically there was a huge atomic war sometime during the 50s which almost destroyed the entire world, now about 300 years later we play a dude who has grown up in a bomb shelter (In Fallout it's simply called a "Vault"wink, and who's ancestors all lived in thr Vault since the 50s. The game is about him leaving the Vault in search of his father, more specifics of the storyline I don't think they have released.
No. The nuclear war happened in 2077. The 50s is when the timeline between our world and Fallout's world diverges.

Smasandian
Mutants, other humans, robots and factions enemies.

NonSensi-Klown
It kinda reminded me of Bioshock. From the retro atmosphere down to the antique look of it, even the music was old fashioned. It sounded like music from the 30's or 40's.

Oh lookiee here.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
Oh lookiee here.

"....?"

look at what..

NonSensi-Klown
I agree with you.

It does look a lot like Bioshock. The atmosphere is reminiscent of Bioshock.

Nactous
Game of the year right here...

Smasandian
I agree with you.

I highly disagree with you on that.

It does even look closely like Bioshock.

jalek moye
it doesnt look at all like bioshock but they both are retro-futuran

FistOfThe North
I agree with you.

oh.

you gonna get this game?

Nactous
Looks nothing like BioShock at all people!!

BackFire
I agree with you.

Sure, because it has mutants and involves shooting them.

Bioshock isn't wide open free roaming, Bioshock isn't an PRG, Bioshock isn't post apocalyptic.

FistOfThe North
All I said was that it's atmosphere is like bioschok cause of it's score, some of the art deco wording and architech and things like furniture, radios and lamps, which all looked antique with it's retro posters and retro public announcemt commercials on how to hide you and your family in bunkers in case of a nuke attack, 1950's style.

it just kinda reminded of bioshock, as I exactly wrote.

Smasandian
http://board.bombers09.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&p=1577

Sure looks like Bioshock, you know the whole open world nuclear zone, the aircraft carrier, deserted wastelands and the futuristic labs.

Morridini
You people are just taking this way too far, it's not the same as BioShock. But if you look at a certain few pics and clips it can definitely remind of Bioshock, the graphics, the architecture at times, the bad guys and the music, that doesn't mean the games are alike. Just at certain times it does remind people of BioShock. Lighten up.

Smasandian
But the graphics, architecture and bad guys do not look remotely like Bioshock.

The only thing that does is trailer's music.

jalek moye
not onyl the trailers msuic the music in the game(like on the pip boy and radios) and also how its like retro futuran everything has that 40's feel to it

thats about it though

Nactous
You know its set in the future right? Where BioShock was set in the 60s.

jalek moye
you realize i said retro-futuran right

which means i know its in the future

Nactous
Just throwing that out there...

Mairuzu
The free roaming looks awesome

just.. the gameplay looks iffy to me

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by jalek moye
you realize i said retro-futuran right

which means i know its in the future

So if it's in the present and from a day or yore, it's retro but if it's in the future it's futuran. So "The Jetsons" setting aren't retro but retro-futuran. I would've just retro but it makes more sense saying it that way cause it specifies.

hm, ok.

So Bioshock wasn't retro at all. The settings' designs' were current and set things, or the latest fashion, music, advertisement, etc.. because you're placed in the actual 40's or 50's timline. So saying Bioshock was retro is wrong, right?

I wonder what's the present term one uses to describe an earlier era that had a futuristic kinda look. Not like "The Jetsons" in fact probably the opposite, cause that takes place in the future but it looks like a 60's setting.

I've always found that type of style fascinating in games and movies, when they incorporate the concept of melding different (past or futuristic) pop eras into their current eras.

jalek moye
So if it's in the present and from a day or yore, it's retro but if it's in the future it's futuran. So "The Jetsons" setting aren't retro but retro-futuran. I would've just retro but it makes more sense saying it that way cause it specifies.

hm, ok.

So Bioshock wasn't retro at all. The settings' designs' were current and set things, or the latest fashion, music, advertisement, etc.. because you're placed in the actual 40's or 50's timline. So saying Bioshock was retro is wrong, right?

I wonder what's the present term one uses to describe an earlier era that had a futuristic kinda look. Not like "The Jetsons" in fact probably the opposite, cause that takes place in the future but it looks like a 60's setting.

I've always found that type of style fascinating in games and movies, when they incorporate the concept of melding different (past or futuristic) pop eras into their current eras.

bioshock is a tough one to classify i'm not sure

but retro-futuran is when its futuristic but its clearly elements and style of the past, its also used to describe the pasts view of the future

Stoic
Oct. 20th is still the release date right?

Morridini
That's never been the release date I think.
For USasians it's October 28th, for us in Europe it's October 30th/31st.

@stroFan
Damn, this is an expensive month. Easily the best game month of this year so far.

Morridini
Hmm, October? Right now I just remember Fallout, Fable and Dead Space, what else come this month? Left 4 Dead and Gears are November/December aren't they?

Outbound
Farcry 2, Red Alert 3, Saints Row 2, Spiderman WoS as well.

Its going to suck, Fable 2 comes out, a week later Fallout 3 comes out, 2 weeks later CoD 5 comes out.....weep

Morridini
Ouch, totaly forgot RA 3 and didn't know FC 2 was October, Spidey and Saints I can live without

Outbound
Same, just picked the 'better' games coming out. No idea whats coming on PS3, most of the games are multiplatform.

And then, to interrupt my gaming, Max Payne and Saw 5 come out, new Clone Wars episode every friday and Halloween. no expression

This month is so awesome touched

Morridini
Spidey and Saints I can live without

Just realized how odd that sounded when looking at my sig...

@stroFan
Hmm, October? Right now I just remember Fallout, Fable and Dead Space, what else come this month? Left 4 Dead and Gears are November/December aren't they?

For me its Fallout, Fable, Saints Row, and Midnight Club.

FistOfThe North
Saint Row...

I loved pt1. It was the greatest gta clone even made. It's over the top zany and almost cartoony gameplay was greally good. I think the maps were bigger than gta's but i may skip out on this one. I only got it to temporarily quench my gta4 apitite. Although the ending did leave me wanting more.

But i got gta4, which is 10's better.

What's so different about SR2 now anyway, beside the story compared, to SRpt.1. Any added stuff or new features? dlc? More weapons, cars? What?

Morridini
Bunch of new info in this weeks GTTV: http://www.gametrailers.com/gametrailerstv_player.php?ep=40

Nemesis X
I was watching Gametrailers last night and I just found out that you can drop nukes on cities and it looked friggin awesome. Mercenaries 2 eat your heart out.

Morridini
You can't drop nukes on cities, look at these links:

New five-parter, we get to see parts of the game we've not seen before, and I must say I enjoy the graphics and level of detail a lot.

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V

Smasandian
But you can blow up a nuke in a city.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Mairuzu
The free roaming looks awesome

just.. the gameplay looks iffy to me
Yeah. Thinking I'm gonna rent this first.

Stoic

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Stoic
Fallout 3 is one of those games that you'll probably want to buy, and keep.
Probably will be. But some stuff looks eh about it so I'm gonna go for the rent.

FistOfThe North
Hm. Fallout 3's gonna cost 49.99 for PC and 59.99 for the conoles.

How odd cause it's gonna look better on PC. It'll also be at home with a pc since fps's are still better on pc, performance-wise and because of the mouse, imo.

Smasandian
Its because PC doesnt charge licensing fees like consoles do.

Also, because PC games usually cost that much anyways so if they increase the price, PC gamers would be pissed. Same thing would happen if PC developers charge for downloadable content.

Stoic
Hm. Fallout 3's gonna cost 49.99 for PC and 59.99 for the conoles.

How odd cause it's gonna look better on PC. It'll also be at home with a pc since fps's are still better on pc, performance-wise and because of the mouse, imo.

Is it an fps? I thought you could switch between the views and make it third person as well... you know like Oblivion. Anyways I'm twitching over this game, and can't wait till the 28th.

Smasandian
Its not an FPS.

Its an RPG. I think even though you shoot from the First person view, their is dice rolls in it also.

Morridini
I think the manual FPS parts don't have too much dice rolling, however VATS is pure dice.

Smasandian
I thought it still did but not as large as VATS.

@stroFan
I read the review in OXM last night, man I can not wait. big grin

They had a segment pointing out the small improvements over Oblivion, like faster loads and a lot more voice actors.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>